Sa'enkeyn character matchup-o-rama - CLOSED and winner!

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Skysong
Dragon

Sa'enkeyn character matchup-o-rama - CLOSED and winner!

Post by Skysong »

The Sa'enkeyn first made their appearance in the December dragon exchange thread as a volunteer image for Xalia. They are basically Enkeyn, magically shrunken down, aging sped up, and originally sold to rich families as pets. They were treated as dumb animals, with their mindspeech and magical abilities totally cut out, and with no knowledge of the languages of the families.

Now, they are all being recovered and rehabilitated. They look like regular Enkeyn and have the same intelligence as regular Enkeyn, but since they were raised in an entirely different environment, they are totally unfamiliar with the usual customs and behaviors and such. The Sa'enkeyn are slowly becoming a species unto themselves.

And with that out of the way, here's the guy that's being fostered out!

He's a rather active fellow, and needs a patient and kind person (or whatever) to help him with his rehabilitation. He's free to go off to any other worlds or planets, though he must be picked up from Kenist Miana.

So - submit a character that you think would be fit for the task of Sa'enkeyn rehabilitation! Sa'enkeyn don't bond, so it's fine if the character is already bonded to someone else (though their bond needs to be up to the task as well).
Last edited by Skysong on Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Name: Dray
E-mail: dracothrope@yahoo.com
Character's name: Dracothrope
Character's URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/S ... estats.htm
Why do you think they'd be good at Sa'enkeyn rehabilitation?
Dracothrope has quite a lot of experience with adopting dragonets and other creatures, but not only that, she lives in a veritable oasis of hyper-energetic dragons and creatures of all sorts! If your Sa'Enkeyn chooses to come with her (and her young, also somewhat hyperactive bond), he'll get plenty of romping room and plenty of care from all of his surrounding dragons!
Comments: (XD I can't resist!)
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Name: jess d
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com
Character's name: Kirrov
Character's URL: www.geocities.com/jld77084/kirrov
He is young enough to have the energy to keep up with a very energetic companion, he is very patient, and very mature for his age. He has a few dragonets, so a larger, more intelligent creature would be a welcome distraction from their constant chatter!
Comments: Thought I'd give it a shot
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Name: Lakota
E-mail: Lakotasilver@gmail.com
Character's name: Kilara
Character's URL: http://www.theglasswolf.com/cyberpets/kilara.html
Why do you think they'd be good at Sa'enkeyn rehabilitation? Kilara has boundless energy, so she and Mr. Mini have that in common ;} She also has a part-time duty as the paper-pusher of Splintyr, so she would be able to teach him some patience and responsibility as well, plus giving him the ability to help her out and be *rewarded* for it as an *equal*, as opposed to the way he and his kind were treated in the past. ((I don't think "rehabilitation" should always entirely be coddling, cooing, and slobbering affection over the rehabilitee ::grin:: That'll just spoil 'em, and won't prepare them for life at all)) Kilara is also one of those beings who can absorb all the slings and arrows and cruelty the world can throw out her, and pour it out again as understanding and loving hugs. She lost her parents and siblings when she was little more than a whelp, and abhors the thought of any other creature being in the same situation.
Comments: yay XD ::now wants to see a Pangolin-Sa'enkeyn::
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Name: Cacopheny

E-mail: cacopheny@gmail.com

Character's name and URL: Lyric

Lyric is used to working with people who need to adjust to their new situations, though admittedly he's usually working with children and bonded pairs! This will be an interesting challenge for him, but not one that will be beyond him, I believe. He is a patient person and oriented towards socialization in general: again, usually towards the young, but I think it would be applicable in this situation, as well. Besides, he has a pet who would love to play and keep an active little fellow occupied when Lyric needs to be paying attention to something else ^^ Not to mention being able to take him along to his morning classes, to help keep them entertained! ^^ He'd be exposed to groups as he could handle them, children in particular but also adults such as in the dragoner classes Lyric teaches, and have the benefit of an actual teacher looking after him.

Comments: Mmmmm, Sa'enkeyn.... >.>
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Name: IceCat
E-mail: mordria@yahoo.com
Character's name: Asteris
Character's URL: http://mordria.byethost22.com/bond_asteris.html
Why do you think they'd be good at Sa'enkeyn rehabilitation? Asteris is a healing figure, literally and figuratively. She loves to care for creatures and people alike. Often she can be seen visiting her patients for hours or tending the wounded. She's also full of energy when she is pulled away from the hospital and is ready to take on anything, although times she can be rather quiet.
Comments: They sound lovely ^^
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Wow, 5 whole people.. my worst turnout ever XD Did people just not like this method, or are only a few people interested in them? Thanks to those who did submit a character!

He's decided to go with Cacopheny's Lyric! Here's his stats:

Name: Malk
Translation: N/A (named by former owners)
ID: 02s
Race: Sa'enkeyn
Length: 6'
Coloration: Watery
Markings: Points and back-patch
Magical abilities: None
Personality: Malk spends most of his time on the go, always looking for new places to explore and new situations to put himself into. Rather restricted by his human family, he is very happy now to be out and about and can sometimes get away from himself when particularly excited. He's ready and willing to learn!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Rats! >_< Will you be holding any more Enkeyn-draws/hatchings/etc. anytime in the nearer future? *really freaking wants one, goldarnit!*
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Oh yeah, there'll be more for sure.. I guess I just won't give them out this way next time XD;
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Nonononononono, I think you should do another this way!! Just give some more time maybe? I think people felt pressured by how fast this one went...? I dunno XD But I like this kind of giveaway a lot!! Trying to find or create a bonder that matches some attributes you set... it's fun!
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Since I got the first Sa'Enkeyn I figured I'd stay out of this one...and besides, I suck at coming up with characters recently so... >.< But 'tis always better to require a bit of work from your adopters! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I would have entered, but I didn't have time to find/write a character before you closed it... so I'd say more time is needed...
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

At the time, none of my established charries popped out at me to take him in, tho why I didn't think of MelberLime I don't know (she's into rehab)... I'm still trying to get into the dragoning frame of mind. Please, don't stop this format if you like it. I personally just need more time...blah. ^^;
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I just didn't like the look of this particular fellow, but that doesn't mean I won't be watching for ones I think are cute in the future. :P
seraaches
Fledgling

Post by seraaches »

i didn't have any fitting chars for him up on pages plus finals. . . ^^;;; someday i'll have more than enough personas about that i can just send one off without having to worry about school. . . hehe
Hawkings Crest

"While I have no clue wot you're saying, I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence wotsoever."
~Kyouya-sama, Ouran High School Host Club
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Phweeheehee, I's happy ^^ Malk is the cutest lil guy ever.

And he's up! Here! http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/SCD/malk.htm
The stupidest smart person you ever met.