Goofy Giveaway! Open now!

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

hksherra
Dragon

Goofy Giveaway! Open now!

Post by hksherra »

So... Whenever I go to astronomy, I always seem to start thinking about the video game Katamari Damacy. The point of Katamari Damacy is... you take this ball called a katamari and you roll it over things, picking them up as you go... and as you go along you get bigger and bigger things... and at the end of the level your katamari and everything included is turned into a beautiful new star (all the old ones got wrecked).

Now... in rolling katamaris... you roll up everything from thumbtacks to people to skyscrapers....

Example here! http://www.cq-ef.net/hosted/images/katamari.jpg

Now... the hero of this story is the Prince of All Cosmos... he is the one who rolls the katamaris at the behest of his father, the King of All Cosmos...

http://fccafe.fc2web.com/ka005.jpg

Ok... enough of the babble... to make a long story short... I have this odd urge to make a breed of dragons based off of the katamari-rolling Prince, and just fling 'em out at folks in a giveaway. They probably would all be the same image (maybe a few, if I'm feeling inspired)... but would come in many fun colors (spots, stripes, fruitilicious)...

They may or may not come with katamaris of their own, but they definitely could roll in story.

So... XD Like the idea? Or is it just plain crazy? ^^

I suppose if you like it then you can go ahead and request some colors/patterns/whatever... or just say you want one and leave it up to me...
Last edited by hksherra on Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It sounds pretty weird to me. :) I don't play the game, no console/object to play it on. But I've seen the thing around, I don't get why it's sooo popular... :) It's cute, I guess I just havent seen it in action. I probably won't go for one, but I'll be eagerly waiting to see what you do with it.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

You must plaaaaaaaay to understaaaaaaaand...

It is addictive I tell you... O_O ADDICTIVE!

A week over summer was spent playing it... and I never regretted a moment! XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah like I need another thing to stare at on a screen other than dragons, my work stuff, and city of heroes? :) :D hee!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

I'm so in! ^_^ I've got my own obsession at the moment, so no katamari gaming for me. *hides her Dungeon Siege*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

~Cracks up and looks at her TV as she comes SO CLOSE to finishing the Moon~
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

My boyfriend has both Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari... I love watching him play both XD XD

he even lets me play sometimes ._. He just rolled up the sun the other day and the king was like "OMFG! too fast! get out there and roll me up some more katamaris, boyyyy!"

...well, not really XD XD

Anyway, I love this idea. I'd love one of these XD You could even make each of the Royal Cousins into a dragon.... ::wants one of the prongy-headed ones::
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

OMG Katamari XD XD I got my boyfriend hooked on the first one and he was practically frothing at the mouth until I got the second one (I let him play as long as I get to beat the game first).
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Hahaaaa Winner is me! 10m exactly on Polaris! Hahahaha, anyway. Giveaway yeeeesssss.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

I need to play We Love Katamari! Haven't played it yet! NOOOOOOOO! ^^ That should be my plans for winter break....

I think there may just be one image though... maybe two, one for each gender... XD Drawing each cousin into a dragon would take foreeeeeeeeeever! *giggles*
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

Oooooook... While Photobucket is uploading... I'll put out the basic info for these guys! :D

Species name: Damargons
Homeworld: Vid (maybe I'll make it up, someday...)
Size: 3 ft (tiny!) to 10 ft (still kinda small!) tall
Naming: Females end in -cy and males end in -ri
Bonding: They can bond but don't need to. Can double-bond quite readily too!
Psyonics: Can teleport!
Misc abilities: Vocal speech, flight, transplanetary travel (they can move between planets without breathing just fine! XD), gravity manipulation (can create small gravity centers around objects and use them to roll up smaller objects, slowly building size and size of objects they can roll)
Personality: Anything, really, though they'll always have compulsive desires to roll things...
Intelligence: Smart as folks!

Ok! Now gonna upload the first few! ^^
Last edited by hksherra on Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

Mystic!

Name: Up to you!
Height: 7'

Lakota!

Height: 5'

DragonFlight!

Height: 3'

Rolled up sizes randomly! Tell me if you get 'em up! Skysong... I wasn't sure if you wanted one or not...

^^ I seriously adore these guys... I ought to have a clutch of 'em or something...
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

AAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE I LOVES IT!
Database Being Revamped

Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

SQUEEEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEE!!! ^_^ Sherra, I <3 you!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

^___________^ I'm gonna color myself a few too.... They are so frickin' adorable...

<_< If no one else wants one of these dudes, I wouldn't mind coloring seconds for folks who already have 'em... They're fun to color! :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Out of random curiosity.... do their traits breed out to offspring? XDDD They're so cute, anyhow! :D
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

*ponders*... YES! Any traits they got can breed through! ^^ Especially that battery-shaped head....
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

*imagines breeding/fusing one of those with a xeno*

Ontainde: ENOUGH WITH THE XENOS ALREADY!

*cough* Can I get one?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>D *breeds them with various Selamputo's, just so that Aunes can have a heart-attack at the next family reunion*
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Ooh, can you do a rainbow one? :D

If not, multi-colour will work nicely. Just lots of bright colours.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

You should show off your darling flitters, Sherra.

<<
>>
>33

If not, I'll show off the one you gave me!
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

This has nothing to do with anything, but..

Knitted Katamari hats!!

..of course I don't totally want one, no >_>;;;
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

ooh! me want. Can I have one, preeeeety please? *bats eyelashes*

With preeeeeety colors. an' girly. I have a huge lack of girly dragons.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

@ Myrror: Yeeeees! *cracks up* If they fused with a xeno... They'd have that battery-shaped head and then the xeno elongated head thing going on... so it would be a... tri-head? *giggles* And I'd love to color one up for you! :D

@ Dray: Hee hee hee hee! Selamputo Damargons! Too funny! They could be all hairy! XD Did you want one, or are you just amused by the entire concept? ^^

@ Starburst: I shall try to make one suitably rainbow for thee! Hmmmmm... *peers* D'ya want rainbow spots, or stripes? Or... just random rainbow-ness?

@ Silvy: Mwa ha ha ha! That flitter is the wondrousness... I'll post it in here once I get back to my lappy instead of being on this foolish school computer!

@ Skysong: OMG! I want one of those hats sooooo bad!

@ Gilded Lily: Once I get back to my computer, I shall attempt a wondrously girly Damargon! :D Ha ha! Yay for pink! *giggle*

I might not be able to send out the next batch for a day or two, since after my test today I'm going to be running around like a chicken with its head cut off for a while...

Hmmm... I could try to color 'em in the car on the ride home? ^^; Maybe if there is traffic!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*ponders a xeno-mari*

<Me> Don't you think its head kinda looks like a-

<Mystic> Don't say it! Do NOT say it! There are enough jokes about the shape of a xeno's head already!

<Me> Well... now it's a complete image. ^_^
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Oh oh oh can I have a second one? XD Black or white or gray or sommat maybe with other colored (any color?) stripes? Or random whatever you like. XD Must have a matching set, mwahahaaaaa. >3
Database Being Revamped

Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Spots are cool. :D
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Bah, I take forever to get giveaway dragons up, I'll probably decline on this one. :\ They're really awesome, but I don't think I'd do mine justice! ^^;

And Mystic/Kate, shame on you. XD
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

*sneaks back in* Ok... first... this is the mushroom dragon in question:

Image XD I drew it in a fit of boredom and Sil wanted it colored.. so... voila! I suppose it is also up for grabs, though it is really more of a pet than a... individual... person? I dunno... I'm tired... XD If anyone wants to adopt one then I'll whip up some species stuff and color you a new color, if you so desire...

And now... the damagons! (so sorry if I didn't do yours.. I'm so tired! O_o)

And I'm seriously in love with these guys... I think I need to make myself twenty or so once the giveaway dies down! XD

Myrror!

Height: 7'

Starburst!

Height: 4'

Gilded Lily!

Height: 6'

Enjoy, folks! :D
GildedLilly
Fledgling