S...summer... what?

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

S...summer... what?

Post by Shard »

hahah made you look.

This will make you look even more. *edit!* look a new page!

http://www.geocities.com/healing_den/summerswim.htm

What I will want to do here is take volunteers to do colors on images so I can run this thing both way bigger and way easier than I had been.

I'll show the samples below, these are NOT all that are available to color, they're just the ones that I have scanned and cleaned up the images today. (There are a couple much older scans, and some I don't even know where the lineart has got to, but I can always scan those again on my newer scanner.)

Whoever volunteers for an image, I'd like to do them one set at a time for you, instead of many, because that way I can hand them out as they're finished.

Also, I will be setting up fairly strict parameters for coloring. Almost all the dragons in the Summer Swim event aren't up online any more, so that kind of puts a dent in showing you images to go from. However, all of our styles for coloring and shading has certainly grown WAY past what the original images look like (trust me... trusssst me), so I'll give suggestions for colors and textures that would most fit the parents. If I can find the parents anywhere I'll definitely post them, if all else fails I can always *scan their printed pages* ... thankfully I'm such a printaholic that I actually have every one of them printed out...

Whoever volunteers can opt to keep one for themselves, and I'll be nudging for certain quantities of each image too so that it doesn't get out of hand. Some of the images are different offspring poses, from the same parents. (originally supposed to be all unique images, but hey. why the hell not add more.) I may run it kinda like how Myrror would do the Chaos ones, with a sign-up and time limit, but I may not, depends on how popular each one winds up being.

Now... the samples... *edit - now with added numbering!*

1, 2

4 - MUD

5 - YAKIMA

6 - MIDORI

8 - MIDORI

9 - MUD

10 - AIRY

11, 12

14 -- AIRY

17, 18 -- KITSUNEKO

I'll add more as time goes on.

Volunteers?
Last edited by Shard on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

*rasies hand* I'd love to help. ^.^;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yay!

Go ahead and pick a template, I'll link you to the full sized art (tomorrow, it's 1am rightnow and I'm sleepy) and some instructions :D

I'll remove the templates as they are used, and put up new ones as they're finished off!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

How about the 6th dragon down?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I haven't been around much lately, but I think I handle coloring some images. (It'll help me figure out how to use the new version of photoshop I have.)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I put up numbers on the images, tell me again. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Is this preparing well in advance for a summer event? Because I'd love to do it, but I'm not really going to have the time to until school ends in a couple weeks!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol.

No.

This is "finishing an event that started long, long ago in a forum far far away."

The original summer swim was 2002, when I got the applicants and started pairings. Then it didn't happen. So, it was "summer where Hydee is" (since she is Aussie). But it didn't happen.

And didn't happen.

And didn't happen.

Until now, that I've got things scanned (at long last) and some even colored (though many of the 'character dragons' have been colored for 2 or more years), and I'm now so sick of thinking about it, that I want to get it off my chest and done.

I can *never, ever* complain about anyone's hatching being late. Seriously. Since this one is well over 6 years in the making.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

hahah, oh my goodness. this sort of thing seems to happen to everybody though.
Well, I'll see how the project is going after school's over. If there's still some unfinished templates I'll offer some help!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh I'm almost positive that this won't be done anytime soon. I just cleaned up another dozen templates, to add to the ones above. I'll hold off on posting those until we get going here.

See, if I can pull this off, I will no longer be the longest-running slacker on the Nexus. :)

bwahahahahaha! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I can volunteer, too. I'm not really picky on what I get to work on, though. *shrug* I like fins. :D (I really need to get my Alskyrian sea dragons done...so I can play with fins. :P)
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I'll go ahead and lay claim on 17 and/or 18, then?
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

6 please! and/or 8?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Gotcha. :) I can separate 6 from 7 now, I guess. I'll put you down for both 6 and 8, and if you don't want to try both just tell me.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

well, if you don't mind waiting a bit for them, I'd love to take a crack at 4 and 9.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Not at all. Just send me a pm when you're ready, and I'll get the info out to you then.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

*pokes at 5* can I try that one?
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Done :)

Actually I'm really surprised - I thought there were a lot that weren't up, but it turns out only a scant handfull have gone away - and a group of those only because Hometown.aol went belly up last month. Frizzle's pages aren't marked correctly, so there's a link page but no actual dragon page or story. Fortunately too, some of those which aren't up at all are my images, from the Healing Den's prior hatchings. So I'll link to those images when I get the page up and running.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I'd be willing to color a couple- are 10 or 14 still open?
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup, both are open. If you want to choose one, or take both, just tell me :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I can do both. :D
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay well the second one needs rescanning, so I'll get you both of those as soon as I've got that rescanned. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

http://www.geocities.com/queen_frizzle/Tower/HW2.html
There's the link for Elnok. I don't know what others of Frizzle's were in there, because I can't think right now.
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*peek* Might I have a go at 1 and 2? :D
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Dude, sign me up. :D Anything to help you get out of slacker mode. Then it will be the '06 Flurry that gets the 'OMG Y R U SO LATE?!' award.

I'd like any that you want to have a strong sense of directional lighting or, barring that, whatever you want to throw at me. :3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ty: oh thanks. I think I'd found those pages before, it's that in the link section they lead to a nonexistant directory. I'll try replacing it with Tower instead of Weyr. :)

I've gotta head out for a moment with my mom, so I'll be back shortly to get more of these up and out to folks.

Yakima completed the first batch, but I still need to assign names and abilities. :) And yes, they will have new abilities. They've been drifting aimlessly (or IS it?) through the Nexus for 6 years. There HAVE to be some side effects!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

So... I'll be running the actual giveaways in the Giveaways section, but I wanted some input as to how folks want it best run.

Obviously, there are a LOT of different offspring (there are actually over 60 different pieces of lineart) but within each of the individual pictures, the quantities will vary.

I'm thinking of just running a "first come first served" list, which would bump people from one image to the next when they're completed.

Also thinking, if you want to trade once you know what you've got, that would be acceptable to me as long as everyone is happy with the results.

For image colorists: please make sure to tell me if you want one of your own, and which one you want. Otherwise I'll assume you will want to be put at the top of the list for another image...

Also, some of these will have bonding requirements. If there are, I'll say straight out before hand. Of course, I can also supply you a bond if you want. :) They'll be from an assortment of my own generators, as usual. I don't want to get too bogged with creating characters, however, so I'm probably not going to supply too many dollz or such with em.

Anyway, just an update. :) Yakima's are done, I may start the giveaway with that one and add the templates I've cleaned to the sampler list.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

So are they all going to be giveaways now? I had candidates sent in for some >.>
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Anyone with a candidate - what I'll do is check the pages, and before giving anything out, I'll check that. Thank you, I wasn't sure whether anyone still cared about that, but obviously someone does. :)

If you want, I can pair your candidates for you when the right one comes up, OR if you wish, anyone can feel free to tell me to hold a spot and you can use it for your bond through the giveaway instead.

So... Either tell me to pair your candidates, or tell me you want to retract them and use it for whatever you might get here. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

*eagerly awaits the swim*

Even if I didn't get my candidates in til like year 3 of the wait XD (I don't remember for sure!)

But I would love it if you could pair them up for me - I've gotten a few other ideas for candidates, in case I see a giveaway I can't resist. It'll give me an excuse to actually finish the poor things' stories!