Tutorial: How to Ink on the Computarz.

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

Dray
Dracolich

Tutorial: How to Ink on the Computarz.

Post by Dray »

I posted a tutorial on how to ink on the computer if you like chunky, organic lines... and don't like to do things linear-ly? XD

Warning! The image used for this tutorial is of a nude woman, so there's NUDITY. D: GOOD GOD!
(By that I mean, if you're at work or don't like boobs, don't click this. :) )

How to tuyrn thy penfyl fketch ynto fome kynd of ynked thyng.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

o.0 you inks backwardz. How odd lol.

I still don't use a tablet and always ink before scanning on paper, so it's always so foreign and 'intriguing' to see how digital inkers work. But that's pretty much gotta take the cake for different, I've never seen anyone remove the black to expose the image, before :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I never have, either, except for when people are, like... sculpting things!

XD This is my first try at inking this way, actually... usually I ink on paper, too, or struggle to create lines the 'normal' way on the computer. This way seems much more intuitive/less stressful because I'm chopping out shapes instead of painstakingly trying to draw a straight line. X33
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

It's an interesting concept, I'll hand you that. Personally, though, I prefer to ink with PSP7's vector/line tool, then port that image to photoshop. It used to take me forever to ink that way, until one day I was like, "hey, why don't I actually use the curve ability? ... Oh, wow, that goes so much faster."

I've only inked a handful of images in my life, to be honest. The ones that you can easily see it on are the original Myrsilkains, Alevaharins, all the flit images. Basically anything from that general era of my life are inked by hand, which I hated, because I don't have a steady hand by any means.

I'll have to try your method sometime, for one of my more interesting pieces.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The curve tool is definitely a godsend. ^_^