Not quite back

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Not quite back

Post by Guest »

I'm coming back soon. Really. XD My school and work schedule is allowing me some internet time. YEEY~ Anyway. Just thought I'd let you guys know. If I owe you guy paged dragons and page updates, let me know! I've lost track. Silly me.... XD

Also, anyone have good references for dragon feet? I'm going to have stuff to show off/giveaway/something when I do return, but I need to finish the images first.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Welcome back-ish :)

Check out pictures of mouse, rat, and lizard feet - if you're looking for claws those are awesome refs.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Googling for bird feet can yield some neat results, too. XD I usually go off of big cat feet, since they're elegant and... easy to draw. Heh.

Welcome back! Hope to see you soon!

Post by Guest »

Dray, your site makes me want to redo my site. Again. XDD

Thanks, guys, I'll try that. Honestly, I'm looking for a specific pose. Might be able to find it by search.

Post by Guest »

Hehe. I just thought I would post a preview of things to come. <3

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Awaaa!! Adorable dragonness!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

How do you get the curves to end in such thick points, while still maintaining a nice line variation? O.o Whenever I try to vary the line width, the points at each end of the curve wind up super thin!

Post by Guest »

Whenever you fill the lines, it goes off of your brush setting. I had a lot of trouble before I figured it out.

So, before you do before you fill your paths, remember to adjust your brush's min. diameter to rid yourself of the thin lines. <3 Mind, I am using photoshop cs3, but I assume that it's the same in most ps programs.

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh yeah, that totally works!

:D Thanks so much! (Photoshop has so many little quirks... I'll never figure them all out. XD)

Post by Guest »

No book are tutorials can really get EVERYTHING. The best advice I give people is to just play. That's what I've been doing. XD That and browsing DA.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I've never been able to ink in Photoshop no matter what I do - mostly because I like my simplistic vector-lines that Paint Shop Pro 7 lets me do, and can't get that to work in Photoshop.

I use vector-lines because no matter what I use, touch pad, mouse, or tablet, my hand is so unsteady that I can't even follow my own lines without causing so much jitter that it looks like a 1st grader's sketch. And forget actively inking the paper itself, I'm even worse doing that.

=P Ah well, I guess I'll stick with what I know.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

If you mean the same kind of vector lines in Photoshop as in Illustrator, I recently discovered that you can manipulate the curves after you've set them out by holding down... 'alt' or 'ctrl' while you're dragging anchor points around.

D: That made no sense. I'm stupid from reading the Fireborne players guide aloud for the past... four hours now. XD

Post by Guest »