Genetic clutch from Opal Moon/Kjan Liyr Eyr NOW OPEN!!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Post by Guest »

Starfire: No problem, the clutch isn't going like wildfire, so it's all good.

Houka: The candidate does need to be bondless.

Shard: You're welcome to send in as many as you like... :-D

Dray: Updating that link now.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^^;; Well, my issue is that I'm currently on page 6 of the story, and I'm about to rewrite it because I don't like the way it came out, which will end up making it longer...

Post by Guest »

That's more than fine.

Post by Guest »

For anyone who's interested, the ZGP Sands page has had a link added at the top describing some of the people you may run into, the refugees of Kjan Liyr Eyr.

Don't forget, they DO NOT know about the clutch.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

So if they don't know about the clutch, how are the people who get the note supposed to respond and show up? Is Agnathar going to the people of the Highschool to help rope in candidates, or is he picking them up personally...? XD I'm just confused as to how to write that my candidates got from point A to point B!

Post by Guest »

Shard? Perhaps you can help me here? I don't plan for the refugees to know about the clutch until after it's happened, but I may need a few of your people?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

If they've started living in Carramba's space - they will probably be *busy* with the things that Carramba has to offer: they'll need identification, if they're under 18 they'll have to be *attending* the school, and if they're an adult they'd be requested (not required) to help in some way, be it for administrative assistance, security, child care, etc etc - any of the things that go on in a huge campus.

I would say it'd be entirely possible that once they found a place to stay for a bit, they'd be all too distracted by that place, to worry about what is going on in a dark corner of their cavern nook,.... :)

To clarify: the people who *get* the requests will know, and will either be the one requested to attend, or a searcher for it - right? (Which is how I handled Hollis' telling his search-ee about it - I assumed he'd be told to look for something specific, find it, and be trusted not to just lump in whole classrooms full of kids to it...)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

All of what Shard said... btw Shard.... THANK YOU!!!!!

(and I will work on figuring out where each of the people are working while they're there. I don't have any candidates under 18 right now, but I may have to create some just to integrate into the culture they're in, you know?)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

They could also very well be working at "C4" which is the Crescent City Community College right across the street (well it's up the block, but you know what I mean). Or in the community itself.

Twoarth is a place where literally tolerance must be the norm. With animal-people and humans living side by side (well, recently) and all these other things coming to descend on the place, particularly Crescent City is known for its welcoming arms. Refugees find a good footing here, but folks are expected to pull their weight.

As a kind of background, this world and town has been in my head since I was about 5, so... yeah. They do things a little more cleanly and sensibly than real life. (As I say in the intro on the Carramba High page, the school has both a child care system for its teenage parents, condom sales in every bathroom, *and* tantric sex classes for the adults - it's 'different'. :) )
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Even with that explanation, I'm still lost! How do our characters get from another world to the school? Shard, are you volunteering some search dragons for Agnathar's use? Or just transport/teleportation dragons or people?

My two candidates sent a note back saying "please help" basically... I just want to know what kind of response they'd get so that I can write it into their pre-hatching story, instead of leaving it at that stupid place that's like, "lol, and then they magically somehow showed up to the clutch :D :D"

XD Thank you guys for your patience, I really appreciate it!

Post by Guest »

My response is to have the flitter drop a port key-like object, or to have the flitter bring back my main searcher, M'naz, or Zana. Unless Shard has a better idea as to how candidates get there.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ooh, what does the port key look like, and how does it work? X3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Since Carramba is situated on a Nexus point, almost any doorway could become a portal.

Some students who've come from other universes have been known to simply and literally "drop in" in the middle of a classroom, the park nearby, the beach, or the cafetorium. (yes, that's how it's spelled, it's a nuclear reactor powered coffee mug with a waterslide in the handle, some 200 feet high... and there's a nice cafe inside...)

Any new arrivals will be noted by Cybil Qeats who is the person who knows just about everything there - at least about people. If it concerns dragons, Hollis is the one to talk to, and if he's been charged with finding people, he'd immediately know that any newcomers to his area might stand to be shuffled toward this clutch when the time comes. He is *very* secretive, and can lie like a politician, so if he needs to keep their arrival or their intentions a secret, *he will*.

I'd suggest, just my thoughts right now, since it's at Carramba, and Hollis *does* know, and *can* keep secrets like this, that unless you have someone who can head *directly* to the hatching or the hatchlings when they arrive, he can handle their other needs (like where to stay, pretending they're a student in the meantime, etc). that's just only a thought, though, if it doesn't work for Feline, feel free to ignore :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Cool, thanks Shard!

It's just that my characters aren't... quite at the school yet. They're stuck in their own world at the end of the story-chunk. They're escapees/refugees themselves, and were being hunted by others when one of Agnathar's message-flits found them. At the end of the story, they've written a note back that they could use some help, but haven't been picked up yet!

Once I get the missing puzzle piece of how they got from point A to point B, I would love to poke you for some RP with Hollis or something, if that's okay. XD

Post by Guest »

Port-keys look like marble dragons the size of kittens. The marbled colors can be ANY color you would find in a marble counter top.

That is PERFECTLY fine Shard, I think Agnathar would prefer if the candidates could blend in, would make things easier to hide for him. He knows that he's going to be in enough s**t as it is, without having to explain away the new people. I may need to see Hollis's page, and write something on the main page about contacting Hollis.

THANK YOU!!! Truly love seeing this come together.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I should probably write up a Hollis As A Teacher page, then lol. He's got a couple mentions elsewhere in the Blackstone/Dawnlight bunch, but only enough to hint at him. As an instructor he's been used by me before too, since he IS the head of the dragoning department.

..... darnit lol I'm writing this other candidate for you already, I gotta go and do that, really. I need to put up more info about the instructors. They do have blurbs in the Instructors link, but I think he ought to have a page too. He's way too important to that world now to really be waved off as an old Pernese candidate (which he was).
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

HATE PAWS!!!!

Post by Guest »

GRRRRRR!!!! I can draw the rest of the dragon (okay, I can fiddle around until the rest of the dragon comes together), but the ONE thing I can never do right is the paws!!! Grrr!!!!!

*wanders off, muttering about being tired of packing to move too*