Cincanta Weyr; possable reopening, see inside & vote

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Would you be interested in adopting if Cincanta Weyr were to reopen

Yes, I could have a candidate ready now if needed
No votes
Yes, but it would take me time to write a candidate
71%
Maybe, but I don't write Pern candidates much
24%
No, I don't "play" on Pern even if they are nice looking dragons
6%

Total votes: 17

Quachir
Hatchling

Cincanta Weyr; possable reopening, see inside & vote

Post by Quachir »

Edit> Originally named "Back from being a lurker... hopefully" /edit

Hmm, how to start this.

Some of you may remember me from long ago some might not know me at all.

For those of you who remember me you may have thought I'd been gone but more so I ended up a lurker mainly because I lost inspiration to write candidates anymore, and also largely because people kept promissing candidates to finish off the Seiryuu Weyr clutch that's been on the sands for probably three years now, maybe more... I lost count.

I'm still a little lost on writing candidates again but today I was looking through my old Pern files on my computer and was reminded again that I had been given the raines to another Weyr in which the old Weyrwoman lost heart.

Part of me thinks some people might be interested in the adoptions of these dragons and thus why I came out of lurking... to see if there's enough interest to reopen Cincanta Weyr though in a different location that it was before as it's on Brinkster which has changed so much I'd have a very hard time even trying to retreve files from the original site.

If you don't remember Cincanta Weyr and are curious as to what the dragons looked like that came from there you can take a peek at one of my rider's pages from when I was adopting from Cincanta Weyr rather than trying to run it

J'yon, blue Geseopth's rider

Shoot, I feel like I'm supposed to be posting this somewhere else rather than in the absences catagory... but I had to talk about that too.
Last edited by Quachir on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly high and clear skies,
-Weyrwoman Quachir, Sr. Queen Mekoth's rider

SeiryuuWeyr Dragons, Fire Lizards, and Chibi Flits
Turasake Hold Felines and Runnerbeasts

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

eeeeee :)

I've definitely been waiting for Seiryuu to hatch, and I love both versions of the cincanta dragons. (the old ones were clunky but I loved em) Since I'm still writing for Dragonhope in terms of candidates if not much in the way of hatchings (coughdies) I'd definitely be interested in both remaining open :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Shard wrote:eeeeee :)

I've definitely been waiting for Seiryuu to hatch, and I love both versions of the cincanta dragons. (the old ones were clunky but I loved em) Since I'm still writing for Dragonhope in terms of candidates if not much in the way of hatchings (coughdies) I'd definitely be interested in both remaining open :)
I've actually been thinking that if I keep Seiryuu running I'd probably try to get a new drawing of a dragon in... I mean what with me having a tablet and all now and having a better understanding for adobe photoshop I might be able to get something better... Then there's the chibi flits *hugs the little devils fondly*

The dragons from Cincanta would be the same as the one J'yon got long ago... I'd probably have to do a revamp of the whole body since I don't know how to get in contact with anybody who was involved in it last or first anymore... I just know that I have... or had last time I was talking to both former Weyrwomen, the permission to continue on with the Weyr and using the last set of pictures... I may have been offered at one time a new set but I turned it down without seeing them as I really did like the ones that were currently in use... saddly I can't remember who is credited with making them, just that I was given permission to continue using them. :oops:

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I don't think she ever even gave out the one that's on the front page of the old Brinkster site. The last clutch listed certainly doesn't have them. I'm pretty sure that while I got the blue and green out of the clutch I had Sean and Shawn in, I haven't got the adults up... :/ I suck.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Oooooh! I loved those dragons! I'd definitely be interested, but I don't know if I'd actually GET any candidates in unless you accept stat sheets. I can't seem to finish stories anymore. -_-
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Hulloo, I dunno you and you dunno me. But Hi! And the dragons looks awesome. I'd write a candidate if the weyr opened.
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Shard wrote:I don't think she ever even gave out the one that's on the front page of the old Brinkster site. The last clutch listed certainly doesn't have them. I'm pretty sure that while I got the blue and green out of the clutch I had Sean and Shawn in, I haven't got the adults up... :/ I suck.
I forgot to link the adult page for Oscar's brown... need to do that some time... not to mention write stories for most riders after the hatchings and such... god it make me feel so behind.

But the dragon that's on the front of the Brinkster page, I can't remember the details either she never got to coloring more than that picture or she only had that one to show the style, not the actual pictures, of what the dragons would look like. You can see the same in the hatching sands picture of the gold or green dame.

I wonder if this poll would get a better responce on the candidates and clutches page... eight votes is kind of hard to judge things on. And I forgot to ask in my last post, is there a set limit to only four choices when doing a poll? I could have sworn I'd put down at least five if not six choices

Edit> Oh and I forgot to mention, the candidates allowed in will probably be more than Pernese, they'd just have to be able to ride on the dragon... though the choices of voting doesn't help that one out *shrugs*

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I do believe you're right, I can move the topic. :)

Welcome home.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Shard wrote:I do believe you're right, I can move the topic. :)

Welcome home.
Thanks, Shard, both on the moving of the thread and the welcoming back.

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Oh god, those are BEAUTIFUL Pernese dragons <3 <3 <3

I would send you a candidate if they didn't have to be Pernese. I don't really play on Pern, but I have lots of offworlders who visit Pern on occasion, and could pass as natives temporarily if need be. In fact, I could send you Savara. She needs something "traditional."
ImageImageImage
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Astra wrote:Oh god, those are BEAUTIFUL Pernese dragons <3 <3 <3

I would send you a candidate if they didn't have to be Pernese. I don't really play on Pern, but I have lots of offworlders who visit Pern on occasion, and could pass as natives temporarily if need be. In fact, I could send you Savara. She needs something "traditional."
Considering there's been a few off worlders in the last clutch before it stopped running/went on a heiatus a few years back and I was the one who approved those candidates on that last clutch (was only supposed to be that one but she decided she was going to close it and I offered to keep it open so we didn't lose probably some of the best dragon artwork of the time), yeah off worlders are fine just so long as they can actually ride their dragons... in other words there won't be sponcerships or bonding to dragons (unless said dragon is anthro or can change themself to an anthro creature), should try to stay a little bit traditional. :P ;)

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Luna
Fledgling

Post by Luna »

Score! Another traditional Weyr!!!

"If someone does not smile at you, be generous and offer your own smile. Nobody needs more a smile than the one that cannot smile to others."

Dragonriders of Pern: Legacy: Forum RPG 14th Pass Pern
Alternate Benden Weyr: Pernese Dragon Clutch on the sands! 42 Eggs
World of Eien: WIP
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

*head scratch* If I'm reading you right, that you can't remember who did J'yon's brand of images... twas Silver Midnight.

If I'm not reading you right and it's about the first set of images... er... so much for my attempt to be helpful and I'll go back to lurking now. ^^
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Oh, those images were lovley. Shasia and Z'ril both have dragon's from that set of images.

I can't promise candidates but I'd be happy to not be alone on the traditional Weyr side of the Nexus. :P Otherwise, sending you a candidate or two I would love to do...:D
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Luna wrote:Score! Another traditional Weyr!!!
Seiryuu Weyr and Cincanta Weyr techinicly as Seiryuu's still open and Cincanta's probably well on it's way to getting reopened... I just have to do the HTML work to get the pages working on the new URL

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

*does a happy dance*

Not that I don't obviously love getting multicolor and featured dragons, and even with the history I have with mccaffrey, I still adore writing for Pern. The entertaining challenge of writing specifically is still enjoyable.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Shard wrote:*does a happy dance*

Not that I don't obviously love getting multicolor and featured dragons, and even with the history I have with mccaffrey, I still adore writing for Pern. The entertaining challenge of writing specifically is still enjoyable.
It's funny I've gotten more and more excited about writing about Pern again as I found out that I have a full clutch (this is not taking into account that certian people haven't replied yet to me through E-mail or the thread on "Updates"). I was tempted to start writing the hatching even though I haven't gotten everything confirmed yet except from two of the five people I'm waiting on to reply to me with a yah or nah on staying in the clutch.

If I hadn't had dishes to do I might have started to update my dragonriders who are full grown but with no story.

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr