On Unicorns.... (humorous)

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Samber
Dragon

On Unicorns.... (humorous)

Post by Samber »

Known fact #1: Unicorns are irresistably attracted to virgins. (Mainly girls.)
Known fact #2: They tend to be killed for their horns. Like, a lot.

Soo...

1. If unicorns are only attracted to virgins, they must only ever mate once.

2. In order to maintain a stable population, female unicorns must give birth to at least 2 babies each.

3. However, since unicorns are hunted relentlessly, females must actually give birth to far more offspring in order to ensure survival of the species.

4. Think: What other species are there in which the female gives birth to many young after mating once?

5. Ants and bees -- hive insects!

6. So, unicorns are bees.

7. No, wait, that's not right...

8. Unicorns probably have a 'hive' structure, in which there is one 'queen' who gives birth to many young after only mating once.

9. As most of the wild unicorns seen by humans can be assumed to be male (attracted to girls, have goatlike beards) we can also infer that the females are either rarer, kept secluded, or both (the second because of the first).

10. Possibly the large legions of male unicorns serve as some kind of guard for their queen-mother.

11. Since unicorns are immortal, one queen could easily produce enough young to overpopulate the entire planet, given enough time.

12. And an overpopulation of unicorns could consume all of the plant life in their territory and either wander onto the golf course or starve.

13. Due to their only mating once, it is likely that the population explosion cannot be halted through the capture, sterilization, and release of (mostly male) unicorns.

14. Unicorns have few, if any, natural predators. (The dragon and griffin are endangered species, after all.)

15. Therefore, human culling of the wild unicorn herds is not only desireable but necessary.

16. After all, we wouldn't want them to out-compete deer.

17. (We like to hunt those, too.)

18. And unicorn makes great sausage.

19. (Actually, I made that one up. But I bet it tastes good.)

20. So...support your local Unicorn Hunters Association! Protect our wildlife through caring population management!

----------

*giggles* I thought it was funny, at least. :D
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

*giggles* that is funny

but... wait a second.. I like unicorns!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

There was a comic (something-something mystwood or mistwood I think) about unicorns... And meat. :) It was hilarious, I hope there's more of it when I go to the comic con this year.

Had in it:

The mayor of a town, who not only stockpiled all the unicorn meat he could shoot, but rose prices by claiming then that the unicorns were 'rare'.
His adoptive daughter, a unicorn hunter, and former-virgin.
His born daughter, who was a pink-frilly-unicorns and rainbows type, who winds up with the other girl...
A unicorn which has done this deal with these dark forces, to prevent men from hunting his kind - meaning, he's eaten a whole human (EATEN.) and then gets this badass set of powers.
... It just gets worse :)

Here we go, Legends from Darkwood.

http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Darkwood- ... 1932453490
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

*reades through sample pages* That looks awesome. I must read it!

*wonders if she can get it on inter-library loan...probably not...*
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I don't get it. A hive structure would be impractical because the female would breed once and be done. Having many females would make more sense.
ImageImageImage
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

Not unless it's like an ant hive, the queen only mates once with the same partner.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

But I thought it was that male unicorns only liked virgin females, not the other way around. Once the queen was "used" once, none of the other males would want her :x ;)
ImageImageImage
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Hence the parallel to ants and bees, where the queen mates once and then can give birth to many young over a long period of time.

I'm picturing a somewhat bloated, perpetually pregnant, vaguely equine mass with a horn stuck to its head... :)
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

Really? whenever I hear 'queen' I can't shake this image from my head:

Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Well our admin is the Xenoqueen.
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.