Grrr!

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Grrr!

Post by caesiusdraco »

I'd just like to make a note that drawing forward facing dragons who are laying down is a monstrous pain in the ass. >:K

Particularly the wings. Now that I finished my half-hour wrestle with that one foot pointed directly into the "camera" the wing doesn't want to fold right.

Anyone have any references?

I wish I had a scanner at this house to share my drawing aggravating with you, but sadly, I don't. :/
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Before she turns, rose-thorned tail streaking my hood,
I glimpse from her a thought like jagged glass,
Yet delicate with the texture of sentience:
We remain "turtle-apes", only the shells of our armors grow.
-My Bones Waxed Old by Robert Frazier
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

i just draw the wings extended next to them thatr way i don't have to deal with folding
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Try looking for photos of birds on Google. There's bound to be a couple pictures of them facing front. I'd say bats but they're far less likely to be seen that direction unless they're posed.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Huh! It'd appear that bat-wing's last knuckles on their index 'finger' is double-jointed! O.o Or is that a misinterpretation of the anatomy on the artist's part? I wouldn't think that digits would bend backwards like that!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

That first one, Magnus drew from imagination.

The other four, Orion drew from photographs.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Oh wow...some of those refs make me want to draw... >.> Thanks for posting those Phe! They'll help immensely whenever I get to a sketchbook! XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

(Complete side-note, Magnus goes to my school! XDDD I sold her my art history book! *stupid-face*)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

(Duuuuude! XD Small world!)
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Dray knows Magnus whaaaaa? I used to be active on the Crystal Palace and I knew her from there, waaaay back in the day (2003). That's so cool that you, like, KNOW each other. Whoosh. I remember I thought Magnus the avatar was a guy for the longest time because she was red and spikey and androgynous and named Magnus :lol: I tend to associate the red and spikey with male. Made the same mistake with one of JKat's characters. Bad Astra :oops: Anyway end of ramble. That's cool that you know each other is all.
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Not, like, well. She seems all crazy-like and in real life I tend to get either super-shy, or else act generally retarded (ask Gail. She knoweth the weirdo that is me) so I haven't talked to her more than a handful of times.

>:3 Perhaps next year, once she joins the fold of the Visual Communications cult! Bua ha haha! I'm going to go for 3rd year rep in order to mislead and sabot---I mean, helpfully guide the new and innocent 2nd years... yes... towards their art-y careers!