Pernese Dragon Ideas

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

What should teh nessie dooo? [read below]

option 1!
29%
option 2!
No votes
Both options, with 1 being the main one and the ability to request a random at any time!
43%
Neither. Leave it to tranditional flight-clutch-deadline hatchings.
No votes
Not interested in either the pernese dragons/this particular template, and thus don't care.
29%

Total votes: 7

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Pernese Dragon Ideas

Post by DNS »

So.. there is truth to the fact that pernese clutches aren't as popular anymore. But I created my pernese template to be used quite frequently, so I'm trying to think of ways to give them out.

I'm thinking ongoing clutches. Right now, my top ideas are thus:

1- something like kitsuneko does with her rukels. Put/colour a clutch on the sands, and have people send me a form choosing an egg and whatnot, but they have to have a character in mind, and send me aurl with the stats.
:/ maybe i'll extend and option where i'll write either a hatching post (which i might do anyway), or a story of the hatching from the character's perspective or just the hatching like this -- "prehatching events .... the dragonet in question hatches". the .. is shit left out.

2- the above, but without any specific clutch. this would allow people to request colours and features and markings and shit, in addition. so in a way, it would be like Dray's kalyturn center, except that these dragons would be from random npc clutches, but you'd get rewarded by things more in tune with your requests for effort or something. and perhaps i'll leave the slot open for the dragons hatched that way to come back and breed...

or maybe both.

and then there's just doinga giveaway like the alabastor/blackstone one, but iwant to avoid that for lots of reasons. Mostly because it wouldn't give me a chance to play with that template as much as I want to.

of course, there would be the tranditional clutch now and again. Perhaps these ones would have extra special features.

note, these aren't full pernese dragons, though. They're BSW-MM-pernese-- black sheep weyr magically modified pernese. They've been altered, sometimes on purpose, and always naturally, through exposure to magic and specifically the subtle magic that keeps mindspace running and existing and doing odd things. There's info on them in that species information database. They don't have specific ranks by colour, but instead by size and fertility, and almost any colour combo is possible-- as well as a few wierd features. >.> so expect glowies to surface eventually.

:/ and of course, if this is a stupid idea or no one is interested, say so. I was just thinking of ways to use that template more, without doing a massive giveaway. xP

-votes once for the hell of it~-
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Both! I like it, especially if it doesn't require a story...;>.>
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah I said both, though I'm fond of the alabaster version lol. :)

I like traditional clutches too but frankly no one's applied to mine for ages, and I think that bodes the slow doom of such things :(
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-perks ears- I'm almost always for any clutches, even tranditional ones. XP I like tranditional ones, even, except the lack of colours and whatnot gets occasionally annoying, and the whole no-sharing-bonds thing. which i tend to ignore, at least when i can. but yes. ^^

Thank you for voting.

XP and i know how you feel, kitsu. No stories mandatory, just personality. i do want some effort~ but yeah. -rolls- I may make stories mandatory if you want one in return, however. If only because stories are really REALLY hard on me. ._o
Omniwite
Fledgling

Post by Omniwite »

I'm not good at writing traditional Pernese characters, but since this isn't "traditional" I'm all for it! I like many options for my candidates, especially they all seem to come from four main planets. @.@ But yes, I luff the Nessie arts. You'd definately get someone(s) from me!
Kérouge Main | Kérouge on Lyria | The Haven of Light | Talon Cattery

Links currently being updated, bear with me as I get everything back online! :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

X3 I like option 1, just because those kinds of clutches are fun. You get to pick an egg, after all, and what's better then that?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-snorts- >.> I had a problem with tranditional pern. A lot of problems with it, actually. <.< So no worries, omni, BSW in mindspace is as loose tranditional as it's possible to be. :/ I should write up how it differs from normal pern. cuz it retains that pernese air and the pernese characters wouldn't be [thaaat] wierded out [except for all the animal people and bright colours and magic and shit], but it's also very different..
yeah.
coff. anyways, yus.

and ouu, dray, i forgot i'd have to draw eggs. O___. those things are surprisingly hard. -kicks them- but ness will manage! They'll just look a little.. lumpy in places. <.<

and they're partly sil arts! XP She inked them. -happy noise at her-

-rolls around- and gwee! thanks both of you.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Yeah, I think Pern itself is kinda 'dying' as I've only had one candidate for the two clutches on the FGPC sands (or is it one per clutch) and none for Mardanith's at the Weyr. But I'm standing by old fashion because I find that when I do things like giveaways, ect, I only get a handful of dragons/creatures put up. *peers sadly at the Special Records at Treval* And I have yet to go check on the phoenix gryphons that came out of Arminas...

As for me sending candidates/bonders/ect, it's because I'm behind as it is and I really shouldn't send anymore out...
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP that's fine, yakima. I'm not usually too adamant about having my creatures put up, but I definately understand why other people would be. ^^ So I get you. XP But on that token, if you ever do feel like indulging yourself and getting a dragon from me, feel free to do so. ^^; I understand a backlog, believe me, and sometimes it's nice just to get an image and not have to worry about putting it up right away.

//somewhat off topic.

thanks for the input.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP that's fine, yakima. I'm not usually too adamant about having my creatures put up, but I definately understand why other people would be. ^^ So I get you. XP But on that token, if you ever do feel like indulging yourself and getting a dragon from me, feel free to do so. ^^; I understand a backlog, believe me, and sometimes it's nice just to get an image and not have to worry about putting it up right away.

//somewhat off topic.

thanks for the input.

edit-- whee, doublepost! someone delete the first.

and i intend to toss you some characters for the FGPC clutches, too, yakima~ I just thought they were closed while the shimmer frenzy was going on. ^^;
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

hmm. I also think i'll ruyn the majority of this over nexus, to ease my bad relationship with geocities. -kicks it-

Also, if you all want there to be pedigrees, which not all clutches will have anyways, I think I'll put up a female and wait like, a week, for people to send in suitors. :/ and such. >.> so some clutches aren't totally random.
Luna
Fledgling

Post by Luna »

Hmm.. well I'm particularly fond of pern fandom....and stories... and putting non-native characters in pernese society...but curses on school!

And I like option number one. <3

"If someone does not smile at you, be generous and offer your own smile. Nobody needs more a smile than the one that cannot smile to others."

Dragonriders of Pern: Legacy: Forum RPG 14th Pass Pern
Alternate Benden Weyr: Pernese Dragon Clutch on the sands! 42 Eggs
World of Eien: WIP