Ppl who shade w/ screen/multiply layers:/Techniques database

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Ppl who shade w/ screen/multiply layers:/Techniques database

Post by DNS »

yay chatspeak for space conservation~

I'm trying out various ways of colouring things, and i've tried this some-- basically, I set a layer to screen and use the brush tool at 10% opacity, and do the same with shading. There's only one problem that i've found with this-- it washes out the colour a bit. For example, on this light coloured thing i did, it left traces of gray on the colour. Is there a way around this, and, if so, what is it? Also, are there any general tips that would be good for this type of colouring?

And i may use all this for a sort of massive technique collection page/database (various ways to seperate out lineart, various ways to colour, etc..) so anything people might find useful for that would be appreciated too.

sorry for the spam of art tips in this forum. ._. i hunger for the,~~

also, the thing i coloured. 15 minutes, and crappily: the multiply layer is set to 60% and you can still see hints of the grya.

Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

O_o, that's cool. Though when I shade or color I have never used layers or changed brush settings. I don't know how and I don't know the purpose of a layer. So anyway. i like the dog thingy. That's cool! *hugs it*