Mirus One Year Anniversary Celebratory Something

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shiolar
Dragon

Mirus One Year Anniversary Celebratory Something

Post by Shiolar »

So, Mirus was actually a year old last weekend, and I didn't notice. Now that I have noticed, I'm wondering what to do about it. I have several ideas:

1. Take 3 to 8 dragons/creatures with interesting features and mix them together to produce something interesting. Would couple nicely as an opening clutch for the Cube, Mirus' place where synth-type-but-not-actual-synths occur...

2. Random dragon giveaway. I got some templates I could scan and colour for such an event.

3. Roleplay hatching, with baby dragons provided by some of my favourite dragons.

4. Something else? Any ideas?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

You could do a giveaway of your older templates, which is kind of like two but takes less effort.

and how would the roleplay thing work? We roleplay candidates, you roleplay hatchings, or something else?

but yay for mirus's birthday~ -offers a large dragon-shaped cake-
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*perks at the roleplay option* So long as we can do it over a several day span, I'd be so down with that! :D
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

A roleplay hatching is pretty much you roleplay the Candidates, I roleplay the hatchlings until such a time as they bond. Pretty much like hatchings on Neopets, really. Except you get an image of said hatchling so you can page them and keep them forever and ever. And breed them, and stuff.

And yeah, it'd definitely be done over several days, seeing as our timezones differ so much.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I think that this'd be the first time that this was done (that I know of) that wasn't done in real time. I'd really like to participate in that. ^_^
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Well, if nobody really really wants any of the other options, then I shall get a roleplay set up. And draw some images, too.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Probably best to give it... another three to five hours, if your timezone allows. X3 Right now it's lunchtime over here--if people are working, that'd give them time to get home and settle down at the comp.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Yeah, I'll leave this thread overnight at least, to get opinions, and then work on the actual celebration tomorrow or the day after.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

*crawls out of the ductwork and tosses some belated birthday confetti in Mirus's honor* May there be many more years of devious plotting and fuzzy dragons to come. ^^

I'm also sure any event you hold will be more than a hit, Shiolar. I know I'll certainly be lurking and admiring your dragons. I will admit though, I am partial to synths, but I don't know if I'd be able to write a candidate story for the clutch.

Hmm... don't mind the chattering lurker. *laughs*

I suppose I'd also be another one of those whose ears perk at the mention of roleplay (even though they shouldn't, because I'm more than a little rusty at online rp). Now... would that be chat-based or forum-based?
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

It'd be forum based, so that people can come and go as they please and not all need to be online at the same time. I'll probably grab a thread in the Roleplay section here, if there's no objection to that.

Besiiiiides... one of the pairings I was considering for the roleplay hatching was Thentrith x Kajashaji. You know you want one!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

X3 Could you link to them? Their names aren't ringing any bells!
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Kajashaji is an Avyndal, and is Ketrenal's dragon - http://shiolar.merseine.nu/mirus/ketrenal.htm

Thentrith doesn't have a page... she's a plain old starry Danachian, bonded to Kataela who also doesn't have a page...

So, not the most exciting offspring in the world, but I like 'em...

I'm also open to some other suggestions for clutches, if anybody has any? Either ideas from my dragons or ideas from their own.

Just considering some ideas at the moment.
Carodos
Dragon

Post by Carodos »

He he he. Now I have to come up with one of my characters lickety split....

OOO! *smiles* Maybe a variation on good old Lisone or Rhiannon.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

X3 Oooh, Kajashaji, /that/ one! I remember him because of his brother, Shalomji! Sweet deal, I'd sign up for that!

@.@ I'd like to see something that's all... Aven Air x something snowy or icy. XD just because Mirus reminds me of mountains and winter and that'd be a fun combo. I even have an Air to offer if you need one!
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

That would indeed be a fun combination to do. Plus, Airs are my favourites of the Avens.
For snowy or icy, I dunno, though... what constitutes a snowy or icy dragon?
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

ooh cool roleplay clutch. I love it
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Snowy and icy dragons... perhaps a dragon clutched from the Flurry?

Snow and ice also reminded me of a dragon from my ranks. The white fur and the deep blue starfield pattern just reminds me of an arctic winter night. One of the reasons I sent her to the last Flurry. *shrugs*

http://geocities.com/sunrise_twilight/k ... oonpaw.htm
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I would love to see a synth-y clutch, myself. :) i'm always online, so an rp would be okay though I've fallen out of practice so badly and am rarely able to remember to stick my nose in places regularly enough to make a difference on rp's. :/
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Weeeell, I suppose I could manage to do both an RP and a synth-y clutch, seeing as how the latter was gonna happen sooner or later anyway. :)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You could always combine the two! XD
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

That is also an option. A roleplay taking place in the Cube would be kinda funny, too... poor Candidates would probably get lost...
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol - clearly what you need are 'beeper stations' that hand out beepers and phones so that people can get around. You know, how when you're in the mall and someone from one of those damnable kiosks comes up and starts hawking their stupid celphones? :) only there, they'd be of use!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Eeee~ Roleplay~! not something i'm the best at, particularly now, but i'm up for that. XP particularly since it seems to be the best option.

would they already need to be paged?

and also, I can participate, but would the posts need to be that frequent? or that good? barring the odd day like today when tio decides to nap a lot, I'm only on twice a day to check messages, and then only for fifteen minutes. I can stretch that, but my posts will not be nearly to par with their normalness. :/ so... is that cool?

If it is, I'm all for it. -wriggles- I haven't roleplayed outside of my little homiegroup for ages~~
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Characters wouldn't already need to be paged... And I /know/ you can roleplay, Nessie. I've seen you do it.

Posts would only have to be as frequent as you're able to do. I'm good at balancing roleplays to suit people's various schedules.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodsalute- okay, then, if i can toss my characters in there all at once, i should be cool. >.> or relatively. I just can't do much re-action, since i'm not on for a bit~

XP I know you know how I roleplay (and it really isn't that good~), oh neopet friend.But now i have -dramatic pause- time constraints! (-insert evil music here-)

...>.> /random
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Time constraints! Nooooooooooo!
Yay for over-dramatic-ness.

And you can so too roleplay well. I like your roleplaying, unless your skills took a serious nose-dive since last our characters interacted, or you know, glanced at each other across a crowded Hatching Sands while both privately hoping for those elusive greens that wanted to bond to a male Candidate. Ahem.

You'll be fine.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*perks up* rollplay? I've never done that before on the net. I suppose I could try. *shuffles to the side and watches everybody from her void*
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-salutes- THE INTERACTION. it was so amazing. Our characters really connected in those glances, you know? Those mutual hopes for those dragons? How could you miss it?! IT MEANT SOMETHING.

whee, now i'm hyper. >.> Tio says you rock, by the way.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Whee, I rock!

Glad to have made you hyper. My job here is done. *bows*
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

I'd love to do the roleplay aspect. >.> Though I tend to like one on one so that ten people aren't being held up by one when it comes to post order.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;