Pictures of cute/cool/wierd animals.

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Pictures of cute/cool/wierd animals.

Post by DNS »

Why not? It says random, so here's random. ._. I'm looking up pictures of one of my favorite dog breeds now, the pitbull, and finding some adorable ones. ;-; And so i thought, we should all post pictures of our favorite dog breeds! but since everyone may not like a certain breed, and since there are other dogs out there that look bloody awesome that aren't nessicarily any breed, i thought to expand it, and that train of thought continued until I got this thread. so. animals. in general. random pictures you find while googling that you really like. ;-; <3~

pointless, but... wierd/cute/cool?
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Cute... but these are cuter!

That's my baby Chloe (now sadly deceased) with her babies...

And since this is animals in general, these have to be the cutest / coolest things ever:

Cute, fuzzy little baby lemurs with the loooooong tails.
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Nooo, cutest animal ever, and one that I'm dying to get one of my own:

the red panda
I waaaant!
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Isn't it illegal to own wild/endangered animals, though? Or close enough to illegal that it makes no difference.

*wants a lemur*
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Not in other countries, I think?
In Japan, I think if you have a certain license you can own a red panda, because a friend of a friend has one. She says it acts like an overgrown cat XD
I don't know.
You could always go the black market route and then make sure no one knows you own one >.>
Carodos
Dragon

Post by Carodos »

It's illegal world wide without very special research permits and lots of people checking in on you.
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Then that's what she has I guess *shrug* I don't ask how, I just go "Aw it's so CUTE AND FUZZY!ZOMGFWEE!!"
=]
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Yeah, you have to have a license for it over here... you have to prove you could actually properly take care of them and so on...

Laws might be more relaxed in the US. Either that, or a good portion of the Americans I've met have been liars. They all seem to own wolves and part wolves, which is definitely illegal over here...
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

the wolves and part wolves are only legal in some states, and you have to have permits, usually. I've heard of cases where they weren't required, but they're few and far between.

And for other species, permits and licenses are usually required as well, but again, it depends on the state as to how strict the regulations are. Generally, endangered animals are a no-no, unless there are special circumstances. At least, that's what I remember from one of my classes, but as they were taken several years ago, my info could be out of date!
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I know that there's a place up in the Lake District that was a private collection of lemurs. It's still private mostly, but you can pay for a group visit (expensive, but I'm so gonna do it one day). So, endangered species, but the owners have licences and so on. I bet they get checked up on, but then, I bet zoos do as well...

Used to be that you had to have a licence to even have a dog in this country, but they revoked it maybe... five or ten years ago. It was probably politically incorrect to make poor people pay for a licence to have a dog or something...
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

To my knowledge, if it's not native and not endangered, you can own it. <3 I wanted to get an african crow for the longest time.. and you don't need a permit. But they're like, 1,000 dollars per bird. Fennecs and coatimundis can also be kept as pets without a permit. It changes from state to state though. Course, that's all in america, so woof.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

But .... you're from England, and that's where 101 Dalmations takes place!

They must have had to pay for a looooot of permits :lol:
ImageImageImage
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

They would have, back when the original story was set. But, as it said in the book, Mr Dearly became very wealthy at the end of the book, so paying for 101 licences probably wasn't really an issue...

It's a shame you don't have to get a licence for a dog, still. If you didn't have a licence, the dog was taken away. If you abused the dog, both dog and licence were taken away. It stopped a lot of animal abuse, I think.
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

Heehee, took me forever to find it, but I did.

PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

i know someone with a sheperd/coyote mix. I also know someone with a malamute/wolf