Alabaster/Blackstone old-world Giveaway

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Alabaster/Blackstone old-world Giveaway

Post by Shard »

Well since I have a pair of sets of dragons which I'd consider pretty darn cool (which I linked in the Victory Dance thread by the way) and they've really gone by the wayside since I stopped adopting at Blackstone and Alabaster...

I'd like to know if people'd be interested in a giveaway of pre-bonded dragons? Unless a site specifically forbids them from flying, this would expand the old-world Pernese types out there significantly, no muss no fuss.

The history would be this:

Since the Kshau Protectorate moved off Pern many years ago (it'd be like 25 years now I think, this would be 'post Victory Dance' since it's 'Post Warren War') the old-world born dragons never quite got the hang of flying with the Alskyran dragons - who thought those limited colors and their dependance on firestone to flame was a bit weird. But they never stopped breeding with *each other*... At least some nests of eggs were allowed to grow, and searching had taken place not just on Paniya of Alskyr, but in the Old World as well. So some of these riders would be from Pern, while others from Alskyr. (Hence, some of them are listed as Guild born, Clan or House born where those words might be Craft or Hold from the Old World.)

But now, the mountain where the Kshau weyr rests is getting... a tad bit full. They've even taken to sending their riders *back in time* to inhabit the place *before they got there*.... A tactic surely approved by weyrleader Hollis, since it was his impression in "his past" that must have inspired it to be done again. Old Blackstone Weyr training included fighting Thread in other times, when the Weyr was between Falls. Now they're using this tactic to take the strain off the crowded weyr.

Can you help?

I'd be creating random characters based on my fantasy generator (modified for 'already a rider', and I think it works pretty well for a near complete background) - you don't have to keep any of the info but the name and gender if you wish. All riders will be *human*. Dragons will be of two styles, Alabaster and Blackstone. Both come in Alskyran colors as well but I want to keep mainly to old-world shades as much as possible. The odd rare will be among: red, purple, cream, slate, white, black, silver. Mostly will be gold, green, bronze, blue, brown, white.

I need to know:

How many? (no limit, but they all need to be up on pages some day)
Any preferences to types/colors?
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes?
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random?

Anyway.... there. :) Alabaster and Blackstone dragons up for grabs.

edit: these will be okay to breed with whatever, since they're 'Kshau Giveaway' dragons (and not technically 'hatched at weyr').

edit: this is the randomizer I'm using - http://droppin-the-fork.com/alabks-riders.htm :)

CURRENT LISTING:

Mystic: 2
Shiolar: 6
Angeoria: 12
Dragonflight: 9
Skysong: 4
Samber: 6
Nyx: 6 +?
Phe: 4
Teb: 5
DIF: 10+
Starburst: 12
Gildedlilly: 6
Rachael: 9
Kitsuneko: 12
Icecat: 9
Last edited by Shard on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Okay, I need to ask my usual question.. would they be breedable with other dragon species? ^_^;
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

How many? 2
Any preferences to types/colors? Perferrably high since they'll be heading up the next Rider Wing.
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? male/female
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? mixed or Blackstone
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

How many?: Uh... surprise me?
Any preferences to types/colors?: Nope, anything is good. At least one blue or green would be good, though, coz Mirus needs someone to do the searching... other than that, no preferences.
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes?: Pernese riders for preference, though, since I have no familiarity with Alskyr... Other than that, no preferences, again.
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? No preferences.
angeoria
Fledgling

Post by angeoria »

How many? Can I request like... ten or twelve? ^^; This seems like it'd be a great way to get filler characters for my fledgling Weyr...
Any preferences to types/colors? Normal Pernese colors, please - a range of colors would be nice, but blues and greens are especially good.
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? Nope. ^^
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Mixed, please.

Oh, and wonderful idea, Shard - I've always loved your image sets, it'll be awesome to see more of them out there. :D
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

How many? (no limit, but they all need to be up on pages some day): Yeeeee Old-World Dragons, I have almost none. Um....a bunch. Surprise me! Or, if you really want a number, shoot for at least 7. XD For kicks. Cause they're cute too.
Any preferences to types/colors?: I actually don't have any Blues or Golds, and I'm minimal on the other colors, so I really have no preference.
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes?: I personally prefer dragons and riders matching gender when it comes to Old-World, but if they're variant, I don't care. ^^
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random?: No preference, random me!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yaay! Interest! :)

I've updated the first post, Skysong! :) They're breedable because they're giveaways and not 'true hatched'.

I'll also be keeping a list.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

How many? Er.. I'll go with 4 or so ^_^
Any preferences to types/colors? Nope! Lay 'em on me!
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? Nope!
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Random! Random random random!
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Ooh, Shard, you have slates? I've never seen a slate before, I thought I was doing something original with Dasmalenra... could I see one of yours? I am now cuuuuurious...

--

How many? (no limit, but they all need to be up on pages some day) - 5-ish would be good. :D
Any preferences to types/colors? Anything is fine, really.
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? I'd like to have more male riders than female, but an equal amount of male and female dragons if that's possible...
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? No preference.

Also... I'm planning on using these to fill out Dasmalenra's non-existant wings a bit, and there's a rider I used in one of my candidates' stories, and again in the clutch 01 hatching story... but pretty much all I have is his name, dragon, and rank. So... *if* I get a brown with a male rider, could the rider's name be T'gan and the brown's name be Rebeth? I know it's kind of an odd request... :) *baby dragon eyes... like puppy eyes, only cuter* Pleeease?
Nyx
Fledgling

Post by Nyx »

I just can't pass it up!

How many? 6 ish
Any preferences to types/colors? surprise me
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? again, surprise me
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? see above :)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'll put up as many of the requested types (for names/etc) when they go up, if I blow it just tell me if there's a change to be made.

http://www.geocities.com/efellai/eraill.html
Is a slate. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Ooh, pretty. Not like my slates, but pretty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/ ... slate1.gif
^one of my slates
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I'll be the first to admit I'm not big on Pern... but I love Shard-templates, so I'll give in. XD

How many? How about... 4. I'll find something to do with them all. X3
Any preferences to types/colors? No Pernese gold/bronze, please. XD Never liked them much. Anything else is go!
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? Nope
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Mixed, please ^^
Tebsiqeu
Egg

Post by Tebsiqeu »

How many? How many colors there are..
Any preferences to types/colors? One of each :D
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Random
Last edited by Tebsiqeu on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

How many? hurmm... I dunno, ten? I'll take more, though ^^
Any preferences to types/colors? At least one slate, pleasepleaseplease! *puppy eyes* And maybe one gold and/or silver? I don't actually have one plain old gold... and I just love silvers ^^;; Otherwise, anything goes.
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? Nope!
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Mixed, please.

*pets the slate* pretty pretty...
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Tebsiqeu wrote:How many? How many colors there are..
Any preferences to types/colors? One of each :D
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Random
One of each - did you want the full Alskyran spectrum or just the stock Pernese 5/6?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Tebsiqeu
Egg

Post by Tebsiqeu »

Stock Pernese..opps, I didn't realize you were including the Alskyrian colors too..that's alot of dragons! :shock:
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

How many? 10! EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to say I'll take more than that - lay 'em on me!
Any preferences to types/colors? no, surprises are good!
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? nope!
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? preferably a mix.

:D *goes nutty*
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Ooh! PICK ME!

How many? 6
Any preferences to types/colors? Random, no white dragons please.
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? random!
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? random!

Site should be up in less that four days, and now I will have interesting people to live in my caves!
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

How many? I'll take asw many as you want to give me. >=D
Any preferences to types/colors? Yes, whites, really. :: whistles ::
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? None at all. >=D Can do names and such, eh? I can.
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Mixed/Random.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

How many? 10, or more if you want. :D
Any preferences to types/colors? Nope
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Mixed

*goes off before her muse can explain the concept of 'hiatus' to her again* Eh-heh
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

How many? However many but the more the better ^^
Any preferences to types/colors? A mix but preferably not green and brown
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? Mix
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Mix

^^
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

How many? (no limit, but they all need to be up on pages some day) 10 or more is fine...I'm greedy :wink:
Any preferences to types/colors? nope
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes?nope
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? mixed is fine
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

How many? 10-12
Any preferences to types/colors? one gold, two bronzes, mix the rest (traditional pern)
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? I'd prefer females riding greens/golds, males on the rest
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? random, some of each

yay, more pern dragons
Nyx
Fledgling

Post by Nyx »

In all actuality, I will take as many as you want to throw at me. . . I actually like paging. . .I mean come on, how many times did I page and repage y ferilons (all 60 or so of them)
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Once I actually get into the swing of pageing, I really like it, but only after I get the html all fixed up nice and pretty. My current layout is really crummy, so I have to fix that, and then I have to redo all the pages, and... arrg.

But yes, if you want to give away more, I'm game.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

No problem folks. :)

If you see a color and you didn't get one, just yell. I can whip up these riders with a click of a button so... :)

Also those who asked for less traditional or didn't care whether they were pure pernese, there's also Copper which I forgot about. And dead gorgeous in my humble. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

You evil, evil woman. Starting from the bottom so that I can only gawk at the pretties and anticipate mine. >.>
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol yeah. :)

The release 'dates' are: (pern/alskyr features)

Green / Blue (already released) p + a

Purple / Red a only

Cream / Brown a/p + a

Slate / Copper - note that Slate can be male or female, and Copper are male only (unique world)

Gold / Bronze p+a

Black / White / Silver - all either male or female though Black tend to be male and Silver tend to be female (a, a+p, a)

Sizes increase through gold/bronze, but black/white/silver are varied in sizes (as black in my universe are often bigger than gold, while silver can be either).
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

I was thinking about letting this one pass, since it's beginning to look like I'll never have a site completed... but what the hell. At the very worst, they could be the beginnings of a Weyr's fighting force. And they're damned pretty. ^_^

How many? Hmm, how about a nice high number, like 11? Something substantial for the ranks (that I'll probably regret later *chuckles*).
Any preferences to types/colors? I'd like a wide array of colors... though I'd like a cream and a white too... I like those colors. *foot shuffle*
Any preferences to rider gender/mixes? No preference
Alabaster or Blackstone, or mixed/random? Mixies! ^_^