Weddings and Things

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Weddings and Things

Post by StarFyre »

In five months (and a few days), I'll be married. (And ohlordie I never thought I'd ever agree to this when I was little c.c)

At this point, the final preparations have begun for said wedding, including catering, the cake, etc. Sooo..

I pose this question to all of you. Every single last member of the Nexus, no matter how much of a newcomer or a geezer you are to the community. If you are here and reading this, you are a part of my life.

The wedding will be August 7th (first Saturday of the month of August), just outside of Carbondale, IL, which is approximately 2 hours straight drive from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.

IF MONEY WAS NO BARRIER --

How many of you would come/like to come/badger your way out of work to come?

Remember, this is hypothetical and assumes the existence of infinite money.

I can't promise anything at the moment, but (seeing as my position is stable, money-wise) I'm considering working some extra, which can then be used to help people get out here.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I know I won't be in any position to afford it, but OMG i would so go if I could. *huge hugs* :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh, I would be there. <3 I'd love to be a part of your wedding. I mean, I'm knee-deep in student loans, but I would love to come and would make a point to book work off!
Image Image Image Image
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I might be able to come. I have some family in IL. :3
It would be sweet to meet people from the Nexus in person, whilst celebrating your wedding. (Congrats, by the way!)
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

aireona93 wrote:I might be able to come. I have some family in IL. :3
It would be sweet to meet people from the Nexus in person, whilst celebrating your wedding. (Congrats, by the way!)
See, that'd be awesome, and kinda what I'm mildly aiming at. Just have some sort of pre/post gathering just for us Nexus folks (which happen to be mostly all women, soo... snerk). Hell, that'd be worth it just on principle. =P

And for those of you who are considering coming, Joe and I are going to be grabbing a block of rooms at a hotel for a discount/group-rate, so it'll be slightly less than exorbitant =P

<.< Now, I must plan a way to kidnap Shard and drag her half-way across the country...

Post by Guest »

I'm sort of a newbie here still (or returned, but still not a major player!) but I would be thrilled to come. :) I'd love to meet Nexus people in person, not to mention celebrate your wedding!

I'll bet if we all got in the same room we'd be a total riot. ;)
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

So, I know I've been totally absent from the Nexus recently but if a bunch of Nexusians were getting together for any reason I'd so want to be there...and weddings are just totally awesome! :) Congrats, Starfyre, if I haven't said that already... :D I /think/ I'd be available on that date...it's close enough to the start of the school year that I shouldn't be off vacationing but not so close that I wouldn't be able to get away...

>.>

<.<

Part of me is still going, "But think of the potential AWKWARD..." even though I've met Nexus people before and it was totally awesome! XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

That's actually the exact reason why Joe and I chose that date -- it's three weeks before the start of SIUC, but close enough to the date that most of the locals will be around or available.

I fully expect there to be a moment where we all stare at each other in silence (or near silence) before we finally get over "These are the faces behind the names we've been staring at for so long."

And any of you with catlove can come meet my adorable, leash-trained ditz of a spoiled kitty. =P

^^ Thanks for the well-wishes, all of you. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

*gets her shoes and coat and goes to buy a lottery ticket*
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Congrats StarFyre! Unfortunately I'll still in be in class at the time, but I expect pictures if y'all do meet up!
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Congrats!

I'll be just getting back to work at that time, coupled with lack of funds from the summer off and the fact I don't drive...Well, I'll be there in my thoughts.

Perhaps you can print out a picture of Myrror and tape it to a chair? ^.^;;;;;
ImageImageImageImageImage
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Hey, it's a Myrror! *glomps*

Also, how did I manage to miss this thread the first time?

First off, a slightly belated but still upcoming congratulations, Star! I remember when Andrew and I were married... practically in T-shirts and jeans at the local courthouse (both of us dislike fuss and ceremonies), but it was still magical. I'm hoping your wedding is just as special and you and your future husband are just as happy as we are. And I'm with Delyar, do post many pictures of the big day.

I'm sure my presence at any Nexus gathering would lead to more "who are you again?" reactions than anything else, but if I could come I would. However my little sister's birthday is on the 9th of August, and little sisters only turn 18 once. Would make one hell of a road trip though. XD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hmm, seems that the Folkfest this year runs at the same time. Kat, you want to take a detour to Star's wedding? ;P
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

If anyone else is in the Baltimore, MD area, we could probably manage a carpool to tackle that 13+ hour drive.

If not, I'd have to fly in.

Both of which are plausible depending if anyone else is interested....or how my job situation is at the time being.

:D
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Dray wrote:Hmm, seems that the Folkfest this year runs at the same time. Kat, you want to take a detour to Star's wedding? ;P
Oh heelll yes. XD If we could I totally would!
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^^ Here's an image of the wedding invite. If anyone wants an actually copy mailed to them, I'll need addresses either posted here or emailed to me. (starfyre @ silveredmagic . com )

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

That is so cool :)

I wish I had moneys. Or a registered vehicle ;)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

Holy crap...
Con-freakin-gratulations (really late)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Love the invite! Do wish that it wasn't so far away... it'd be lovely to attend! I hope it's wonderful even if we can't be there in person.