Nidus Corona Dragon Clutches

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Xenoqueen wrote:I had to ask this when I had an immortal char bond an Asandus... that's a spell-based bonding that makes bonder and dragon "catch up" to each other in physical age and then share a lifespan that's the balance between the two species' natural limits. As it turned out, it meant the Asandus would be immortal, too!
That's prettyyy much the answer I had leaned towards, a spell or something... Because like with Shard, just because the bond doesn't die, wouldn't that still be pretty sad? Living out an eternity going from dragon-bond to dragon-bond and knowing they would die eventually?

I mean sure, they could just, not bond again. But they'd be sooo lonely and their head would be so quiet D: Like when your beloved pet dies and they say the best thing to do is to acquire a new one.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Now imagine my Zekiran immortals... who lived for over 85 thousand years *watching Zekira die*... before they up and left for greener places...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Shard wrote:Now imagine my Zekiran immortals... who lived for over 85 thousand years *watching Zekira die*... before they up and left for greener places...
Y'know, it's always surprised me that people think immortality is totally awesome. I mean.. you get to watch everyone and everything you ever knew die, while you stay unchanging. You constantly have to deal with changing attitudes/habits/societies, especially if you were originally from a short-lived race like us humans.

Then comes the question -- do you lay low and thereby try to blend in, or do you set yourself apart from the rest of society?

I dunno. I don't exactly like the idea of dying, but I'll take death over having to constantly adapt to such a changing environment -- and wouldn't the centuries start blending together eventually? Wouldn't you start seeing old friends in the faces of random people on the street? Wouldn't you eventually start to forget things?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

If you've ever read Powers (the comic) the main character has that problem... spoilers...

He IS immortal, along with several others of his type - super genes and all. Cavemen through modern era. Every lifetime he forgets what happened in the past, so his enemy plays on that to keep messing with him, hoping that some day he'll remember the guy. All that, learned in one really terrific issue with basically no words in it... awesome. And sad, too, because there are obviously moments when he really wants to know his past, but then it's just not there any more.

As for mine... Well, Tresis is utterly mad. Eventually he may even have a negative Sanity score (lol) and that's when you really have to watch out for him. He among the Zekirans loves being a god, truly loves messing with 'lower life forms'. Given that he's a weather manipulator he can probably get away with it much longer than some others. I've got a whole lore built around them, they WOULD get batty, they would get terribly lonely, depressed, and all that. Some of them had to be put down - there are very few ways to kill them, too.

Then again some are just perfectly fine with it. They were born that way, not 'made' immortal, thus they don't really expect anything other than to continue living and doing whatever.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

I guess it really does depend on the person/immortal. Vampires wouldn't really have a problem with being 'alone' as they can always create others. Elves live in their own societies. Imagine how much you could learn in an eternity though. If I was an immortal, I'd just blend in. I'd be a writer, and keep assuming new names, to chronicle the past, because of though "history, unless remembered, is doomed to be repeated"

Imagine the mass amounts of money you could accumulate >.> Or convince a small group of islanders you were their god.

"Go ahead. Shoot me with an arrow. See what happens."

But either way, we should probably stop hijacking Dray's thread X3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hijack away, this is interesting! (Though if anybody else wants one of those bipeds, there are only three left... I'll wait for a while longer on them, just thought I should let you know!)

I think it's an interesting thing to ponder. For the SCD mutts, they tend to live about a human lifetime and a half, and they have to snag a new bond if their first one dies... but outside of that I think that with mutty dragons, it really depends on the breed they came from and what kind of bond they're making. I usually just cheat and say that the dragon lives as long as the bonded... though it could make for some fun story writing if any other way was considered!

Realistically, I'd think that most dragons that come from the Nexus would probably live to be around 100, unless stated otherwise (like with Kat's Asandae!) so they'd probably die of old age when bonded with an immortal. They'd probably live to the outside of their age limit (if only because the joy of being able to bitch about being old to someone who can never escape would be thoroughly gratifying.... >_>) but they'd probably still wind up passing away, none the less.

Still, it's an interesting and Nexus-relevant question to ponder!
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Dray wrote: (Though if anybody else wants one of those bipeds, there are only three left... I'll wait for a while longer on them, just thought I should let you know!)
Psht, Candis ain't gonna turn any down if you wanna pass some more onto her. Obviously, collecting is her hobby.

Most of my own dragons, their life-span ranges from 100-150 years, though since the originals were bred for war and battle, most didn't live that long. My magical types, their life-span is mostly unknown, because they do have the ability to force themselves to live longer - Earth types, for example, can draw on the health of vegetation around them, the same way Healing types can draw on the health of surrounding people.
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I only have one immortal character (Caelki) and he's only immortal because the rest of his race condemned him to it for crimes (along with being unable to kill, they're not stupid). I always assumed he'd outlive his loves and friends, even his bonded muttling. His story is always tinged with a bit of sadness because of it and I find it works for him.

Frankly, immortal pairs doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd much rather have some dynamic influence like aging to influence the way they interact over time. (Which is why I've been having such a blast writing my old characters as parents lately!)

As for my own species, I doubt I'd ever make strict guidelines as to how short they live. It's a lot more fun to watch what others come up with/interpret. (Granted, I don't have any well established species, just mutts.)
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Same for me, for the most part. I do like seeing life span averages... but then again I just like reading species info, like for Aireona's amazing entire universe (I just imagine it as this crazy large place that you could keep reaching deeper into and find more trivia!) or Phe's pages of species info all laid out nice and clear and precisely. I think that I fall for the 'trivia' aspects of what people in the Nexus put out... I just like reading tidbits like that!
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Ah, sorry, I didn't notice that you'd asked if we specifically wanted one. I don't mind a biped at all Dray, especially not pinstriped ones!

I'm not a fan of mortality with my own characters, which is why the handful of species I've created are all absurdly long-lived. XD; But then I also never really do much with them after they've bonded, unfortunately, so that's not much of a problem for me.

It's probably part of laziness and lack of time and inspiration on my part. I don't want to stick to a timeline for my "weyr" because it's too much trouble... and I don't want my characters to die off, darnit. XD
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

dracosinfernoweyr wrote:I'm not a fan of mortality with my own characters, which is why the handful of species I've created are all absurdly long-lived. XD; But then I also never really do much with them after they've bonded, unfortunately, so that's not much of a problem for me.

It's probably part of laziness and lack of time and inspiration on my part. I don't want to stick to a timeline for my "weyr" because it's too much trouble... and I don't want my characters to die off, darnit. XD
Pretty much the same here. Every couple of years, I'll go over my characters and update their ages, and really, I don't have a lot of "immortal" ones. A couple of vampires, two demi-gods. Other than that, it's mostly humans, with a handful of Elves and half-breeds that have long life-spans.

Usually after a character has bonded though, it's rare that I go back to them unless it's to write a flight/chasing story, because there's already another clutch that I want in on that requires a new character. The exception to this is my group stories, where the characters bond at different times but still need to interact.

Plus, I kind of hit a snag every now and then. Like, ok, they have a dragon. What now? The stories get repetitive when most of them end up being "And then this happened, and this happened, and they ended up at Castello Holic, and joined the wings, and now their days consist of training for a war that probably won't happen."

Which is why most of my dragon riders have other jobs around DJ City, like being a waitress, or mechanic, or physical laborer, etc.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I actually am enjoying having a nidus timeline! I mean... I'm not sticking to it faithfully, but it's neat to go back to it whenever I feel like it because it gives me something to do with all of those accumulated dragons (and I love adding little blurbs to their personality/background as they go!) AND it gives 'em a 'retirement' age... not that they'll be taken down, but the thought of having finite periods of active lifespans in a really OOC sense is appealing after having some dragons gathering dust for years and years. X3 More immediacy!

Also a long-term goal for me is to make super SUPER mutts that all look relatively the same, after a fashion, and to make them that particular Nidus' species! I love the big question of 'what will they look like?' if I follow a timeline and use their personalities/preferences to determine clutch outcomes... things may start to come together. Or they might not. Who knows, it's a pipe dream right now. X3

Anyways, I'll get one to ya tomorrow, Kayla! ^_^ I'm a bit overtired and babbly right now!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Kayla
(Oh man, I just finished reading your two characters, and I had a hard time choosing, too! XD Those were both really fun!)
Name: Deeliz Kaal
Species: Hathian/Alskyrian Sea/Drwlsi'Sre Mutt
Colour: Silver Varnished Dark Red
Father: Banded Yellow Hathian/Alskyrian Sea Mutt, Zoxiz: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Zoxiz.htm
Mother: Silver Varnished Dark Red Drewlsi'Sree Mutt, Siiliz Kaal: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Siiliz.htm
Size: Medium (Bipedal)
Height: 14'
Abilities: Psionics (Telepathy, Teleportation, Telekinesis), Water Breathing
Personality: Patient, Attentive, Savant

Rider: Sharxu Egretudo
Appearance: As a Draekon, Sharxu is digitigrade and absolutely, blindingly white. His skin is pale, opalescent white, his hair is white, his eyes are white, his scales are white... you get the idea. He has a short tail tipped with long, white fur and long, non-retractable white talons. He even prefers white clothing, although they don't remain white for long due to his inattentiveness. In his dragon form he looks much like his father, except the typical Askan skullcap is replaced with an untidy mop of hair.
Personality: Unfortunately, Sharxu suffers from mental illness just as his father does, although his is more of a form of autism than schizophrenia. He's trapped inside his head much of the time, very difficult to draw into reality. With a bit of "mental assistance" from someone like his half-sister Eala he can focus pretty well. He's a savant when it comes to composing music and playing the violin.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I wonder if I'm one of the few people that DO kill off her characters...lol. I have no problem with immortality though I see it as more of a curse. Even the Sentran elves are not immortal, just very long lived. I think I set there age limit to be about 3,000 or so. So, Philippe and my elves are still VERY young though they can choose to shorten there lives, which most did after the war.

Some of my other elves are just long lived. The only true immortal beings I have are the Phoenix Gryphons. But immortality for them is a curse and Iarion and my other characters would be the first to tell you that. :P

I usually only kill off characters for plots. My Weyr fights Thread - there HAS to be casualties. Now, guaranteed, I won't be killing off my Main riders (those from other Weyrs) though I tend to kill off my NPC's quite a bit. Just to save room for more "real" riders that I've actually worked for. Or, I kill them and bring them back to life *cough*Philippe*cough*. Eventually, even my beloved characters will get too old and they will have to die somehow. Not looking forward to that though I don't know if I'll ever get to that with the rate I'm going. LOL
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

I don't mind either way whether or not I get any bipeds. :D
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

Here is Belia's beautiful Ziiliz :)

http://kethayr.zzl.org/bonds/ziiliz.html
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Kendarath
Name: Zaeziz Kaal
Species: Hathian/Alskyrian Sea/Drwlsi'Sre Mutt
Colour: Silver Varnished Dark Yellow
Father: Banded Yellow Hathian/Alskyrian Sea Mutt, Zoxiz: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Zoxiz.htm
Mother: Silver Varnished Dark Red Drewlsi'Sree Mutt, Siiliz Kaal: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Siiliz.htm
Size: Medium (Bipedal)
Height: 14'
Abilities: Water Breathing, Dispel Majyck
Personality: Bard, Full of Zeal, Contagious Singer (You know how musicals work... there's always that first person who breaks out, and then it spreads!)

Rider: Aristaeus
Appearance: Aristaeus is a half-way handsome looking young man, with straight black hair, brown eyes and a tan. His attire is what some would call mundane, but he prefers colours like a rich harvest plains.
Personality: An awkward, private, shy man, Aristaeus wants nothing more but to travel the land. Not with others, mind, only by himself, this young man's adventures wind up on the best selling shelf. Aristaeus, you see, is an author at heart, writing up his bland travels with a dollop of art. He spins his tale like a woman spins wool, pulling stuff out his 'arse to make people mull.

(And I'm a crappy rhymer so feel free to add or edit that how you like. XD)
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Both my Kaal's are up on Candis's page, same link as before :]
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Finally got my dinos up!
http://characters.lambeosaurine.com/shintaru/jabir.html

Your Name: Delyar
Preferences: You know I'll take anything. :P
Candidate/Sponsor: One of the Shintaru lot, feel free to reuse Jabir! http://characters.lambeosaurine.com/shintaru/
Character Listing

Post by Guest »

This is why I can't have nice things. I take forever to page them!

Here's Citrina and Axaduys.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Lovely! I think that's all of them, then! :D

Post by Guest »

I don't suppose you have anymore of these to give out? ;D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Not right now! Probably some once graduation's done; I imagine by that point I'll be all pumped to doodle them again!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*ahem* I wound up making three more giveaways here. Will post for whomever has something in the queue right away.

As far as I can tell, that's only Delyar. Am I missing anyone?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Delyar
Name: Sedeliasayath
Species: Danachian/Avyndal/Pernese/Athanasian Mutt
Colour: Sunset Night Blue
Father: Night Blue Athanasian Mutt, Song of Sky: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Evelai ... #SongofSky
Mother: Black Sunset Danachian Mutt, Evelaintanath: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Evelaintanath.htm
Size: Medium-Small
Height: 6'
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Firebreath, Verbal Speech
Personality: Loquacious, Short-tempered, Practical

Rider: Kalil
Appearance: A young, free-love sort of fellow, Kalil has long, curly brown hair, hazel eyes, and facial hair. He tends to wear long, loose pants and open vests over his bare chest, and has a certain joy for flowers and paisley in his clothes. He is quite self-sufficient despite his age, though he is not the most clean-kempt of people.
Personality: Kalil has always lived off the land and takes a certain pride in that, especially when coming into contact with those who rely more on technology to get by. He has a certain arrogance about him that is veiled behind mellow acceptance of all things... all things are equal, but he is just a little bit more so. His leather products are passible but it seems more like he is coasting in the Tanner Craft than really enjoying it. He seems to be a bit of a daydreamer.

Looks like that's it! Lemme know if I missed you!

(I may not post the other two right away; I tend to visit the Nexus every week or two, so if I don't reply asap, it's because I'm away! ^_^)
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

So shiny! Will get him up when my midterms are done. (Three this week + three labs wooooo.)
Character Listing
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Don't think I ever posted Boohath: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/boohath.html

Your Name: StarFyre
Preferences: don't care
Do you want me to make the rider/caretaker for your dragon?: sure

If yes, fill these two out (and if you really want to keep one, let me know which!)

Candidate 1 Name:
Species: humanoid
Appearance: scarred, tall, mechanical/robotic enhancements
Personality: taciturn, practical, holds grudges

Candidate 2 Name:
Species: humanoid
Appearance: aquiline, dark, graceful
Personality: smart aleck, persistent, confident
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

I've had Deeliz up for a while, but I see I never remembered to post it. >.> http://dracosinfernoweyr.freehostia.com ... pfp92.html

I don't have a preference for these two, per se, but I do have an affinity for Djaluss.

Your Name: Kayla
Preferences: none!
Do you want me to make the rider/caretaker for your dragon?: sure

Name: Zhuanth
Species: Draekon, of the extra-special "Golden age" variety.
Abilites: Earth Magic, Half-shifting (anthro-to-dragon), Alchemy
Adult Height: extremely above average in height
Adult Build: lithe but muscled
Skin Tone: earthen brown, completely scaled
Hair: none, is bald
Eye Color: amber
Appearance: Zhuanth is a marvel of modern Draekon genetic engineering, he was created through careful breeding and even more careful gene splicing in utero. He is digitigrade, but with a preference to walk on all fours, around 9 feet tall, and covered in rich brown scales, with wide, leathery wings. He doesn't generally wear clothes, his scales make them unnecessary.
Personality: Zhuanth is practically deified among the Draekon geneticists, who see him as the key to the renewal of their ancestral bloodlines. It was likely that Zhu' might end up conceited, but instead he has grown to be very polite and kind to everyone, with a very strong sense of duty to his people. He's aware that he'll end up as more or less a breeder when he matures fully, but he has accepted this and is prepared to do what he can to serve their purpose. That doesn't mean he doesn't dream of one day being able to explore the universe on his own. He is rarely allowed outside of the genetics lab, except on carefully supervised visits to the general population of the Selected vessels. He is "free" to leave the Selected vessel, of course, but that doesn't mean the geneticists or the Council will let him go without a fight.

Values and Goals
Enjoys: the Great Outdoors
Extremely strong goal: explore
Average dislike: the dark places
Odd Skill (learned outside of craft if any): baking

Name: Djaluss Selamputo
Species: Draekon (Draekon/Half-Aven mutt - father, Nytovebo Selamputo)
Abilities: Teleportation, Half-Shifting (anthro-to-dragon)
Adult Height: quite tall, unusually so
Adult Build: voluptuous, rawr
Skin Tone: brick red, with pale blue Niteshan gems at shoulders, back of neck, wing-shoulders, and along spine
Hair Color: shining metallic blue
Hair Style: long, flowing, constantly seems attractively tousled
Hair Length: to small of back
Eye Color: green
Appearance: Digitigrade, skin the same rich red of her father, with attractive pale blue Niteshan gem accents. Has a long tail that becomes the usual Niteshan jelly-tail close to the tip, which is the same blue as her gemstones. Has a very small, non-functioning set of feathered wings, pale blue with red bars at the tip. Furred at elbows and ear-tips, fur the same shade as her hair. Has very small gold Hathian horns that reside where her eyebrows would be, and a pair of short, spiraled horns right behind each ear.
Personality: Djaluss is gorgeous and she knows it. She actually rather despises her attractiveness, because many people around her tend to focus only on it rather than her personality or anything else that exists beyond it. So she tries to downplay her own appearance, by dressing plainly and wearing her hair in a ponytail or a bun. She devours books ravenously, partly for her love of learning, and partly because she's determined to prove that her brains are more important than her beauty.

Values and Goals
Hates: the attention they get
Has fun with: learning
Average goal: build or create
Fears: the opposite sex or having intimacy
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:D

Starfyre
Name: Lysykopphith
Colour: Sunset Silver
Father: Night Blue Athanasian Mutt, Song of Sky: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Evelai ... #SongofSky
Mother: Black Sunset Danachian Mutt, Evelaintanath: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Evelaintanath.htm
Height: 6'
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Firebreath, Verbal Speech
Personality: 'straight man' sense of humor, quiet, wry

Rider: Cleyr
Species: Dragonborn (Black dragon heritage)
Apperance: Cleyr is, despite his heritage, quite graceful in appearance, with a humanoid body. He is covered in black scales, including his long tail. His head sports a slight, aquiline snout, but none of the face-rot typical to a Black. He bears a pair of curved horns in addition to his dark, long hair, though he lacks wings. His fingers are tipped in sharp claws.
Personality: Cleyr is suave and sophisticated, or at least he acts that way. Self-confident and a tease, along with being a bit of a flirt, he can be incorrigible at times. Whatever he wants from life, Cleyr can be exceedingly persistent. Most of the time, that focus seems to lie on pleasures of the mundane world, but when he is seized by some higher calling, he can be quite an astounding sleuth.

Kayla
Name: Dark of Night
Colour: Blue-Black
Height: 7'
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Firebreath, Verbal Speech, Magic Immunity
Personality: Studious, Carefree, Intuitive

Rider: Djaluss Selamputo
Species: Draekon/Half-Aven Mutt
Appearance: Digitigrade, skin the same rich red of her father, with attractive pale blue Niteshan gem accents. Has a long tail that becomes the usual Niteshan jelly-tail close to the tip, which is the same blue as her gemstones. Has a very small, non-functioning set of feathered wings, pale blue with red bars at the tip. Furred at elbows and ear-tips, fur the same shade as her hair. Has very small gold Hathian horns that reside where her eyebrows would be, and a pair of short, spiraled horns right behind each ear.
Personality: Djaluss is gorgeous and she knows it. She actually rather despises her attractiveness, because many people around her tend to focus only on it rather than her personality or anything else that exists beyond it. So she tries to downplay her own appearance, by dressing plainly and wearing her hair in a ponytail or a bun. She devours books ravenously, partly for her love of learning, and partly because she's determined to prove that her brains are more important than her beauty.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*clears the crickets out of the thread*

Hey folks! I have a few new dragons made up who are ready to hatch and wander off with people! Preview 1 and Preview 2 for what's currently on the docket.

Same deal as before, here's a copypasta of the form in case you don't want to tread back to page 1.

Form
Your Name:
Preferences: (Pernese only? Certain colours you don't want? Certain species you don't want?)
Do you want me to flesh out the rider/caretaker for your dragon?:
If no, provide Candidate/Sponsor URL: (Keep in mind that some dragons need to bond!)
If yes, fill these two out (and if you really want to keep one, let me know which!)

Candidate 1 Name:
Appearance: (One to three keywords are all I need, though if you want to write a full appearance, that's fine!)
Personality: (Again, one to three keywords are all I need!)

Candidate 2 Name:
Appearance: (One to three keywords are all I need, though if you want to write a full appearance, that's fine!)
Personality: (Again, one to three keywords are all I need!)

There's about five total! :D