WoW question;

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

WoW question;

Post by Dev »

Well a friend has been dragging me back into wow, and she cant decide on a realm... (its ticking me off) so not knowing a realm myself because I lost all connection with all previous friends and guild members of my original character and now I dont know where to start. So, Remembering I host a forum I thought i'd try here.

Anyone here play WoW and can suggest a good realm? I feel like starting new... And Zul'Jin is now actually in the game and hes my favorite wow Character.

Ok thats my nerdage for the day.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I play Horde on Destromath (PVP) and am member of a friend's guild there. It's a pretty good server, can be busy, but if you've got a strong internet connection and a good computer (enough RAM, good graphics card, etc) it's really not much of a problem. Just have to be wary of the opposing forces because they /will/ kill you... XD

Some of us Nexians have Alliance characters on Shandris (Normal) but I haven't played enough on that server to really have any opinion on it.

I also have an Alliance character on another server...I think it's Anatheron or something like that. That's a pretty good server too, and pretty low traffic still. I just don't play my Alliance character very much because I'm focusing on trying to get my Troll Mage to 70.

What faction are you thinking of playing? Horde or Alliance?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

I play Horde, My first was a Troll Shaman, hes at 60 and I dont know about leveling him much more, suppose I could.

PvP would be a nice change of pace. Cept I never liked the idea of trying to turn in a quest for 30 minutes because a damn rogue keeps slicing and dicing me.

I'm more for the end game raids, I need to get back into doing that... and get da zul'jin. Dat mon be needin' mah hugs.

... ... Holy crap i'm a fanboy of a damn minor character.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

aw man i haven't played wow in over a year ... i kinda miss it lol. I think I actually had a dream about it last night. But my boyfriend would never let me live it down if I started playing again :lol: That and I don't find it quite entertaining enough to justify $15/month on.
ImageImageImage
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Well, with the expansion in order to do end-game content you kinda /have/ to level to 70 and if you've already got a char at 60 then you're in good shape! :) My Mage is currently level 62, with about 80% experience, so if you got your Shaman over to Destromath we could quest together...which makes it /much/ easier to avoid being killed randomly by arrogant Level 70 Alliance! XD Not impossible, but less likely they'll pick on us unless there's more than one of them.

I could probably get you into the guild too...they're really focussed on end-game content and just started raiding Zul'Aman this week. That's where Zul'jin is, right? :)

Aww...come play with us, Astra! And you know...if you pay for more than one month at a time then it's a little cheaper... XD Like as low as $13/month I think...(don't remember exactly what it is)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Xalia wrote:Well, with the expansion in order to do end-game content you kinda /have/ to level to 70 and if you've already got a char at 60 then you're in good shape! :) My Mage is currently level 62, with about 80% experience, so if you got your Shaman over to Destromath we could quest together...which makes it /much/ easier to avoid being killed randomly by arrogant Level 70 Alliance! XD Not impossible, but less likely they'll pick on us unless there's more than one of them.

I could probably get you into the guild too...they're really focussed on end-game content and just started raiding Zul'Aman this week. That's where Zul'jin is, right? :)

Aww...come play with us, Astra! And you know...if you pay for more than one month at a time then it's a little cheaper... XD Like as low as $13/month I think...(don't remember exactly what it is)
I cant transfer the Shaman to your server, hes on a rp server and rp/normal cant be transfered to pvp servers. =( I'd have to start a new character.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Well that sucks... :( I didn't realize that.

Well then...come make a character on Destromath and when you get up to 60+ we can quest together... The way I level I'd probably still be below 70 by that point... XD and then there's apparently another expansion due to come out sometime next year, or so I've been told.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Yes, Wrath of the Lich King. I think it's a follow up of Arthas' reighn in Northrend because at level 60 paladins can become Death Knights and instead of being allied with Arthas and the Scourge, they've rebeled against him and are either alliance or horde, depending on wether their human/dreinei or blood elf.

My brothe rlooked it up, the family plays >>
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

(silently lulz because COH characters can now be moved wherever you want them.) :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Xalia wrote:Well that sucks... :( I didn't realize that.

Well then...come make a character on Destromath and when you get up to 60+ we can quest together... The way I level I'd probably still be below 70 by that point... XD and then there's apparently another expansion due to come out sometime next year, or so I've been told.
I'll have a look at the server, what time zone is it in and what classes are needed most in your guild?
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I /think/ it's Pacific time, but don't quote me on that until I confirm it... XD I know we have a pretty good mix of pacific, mountain, central, and eastern time zone players though.

And I've got a query up at the guild forum about what classes we need most. If memory serves me correctly we're /always/ looking for more healers which I understand is pretty common, but there might be some other areas we need more in as well. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something! :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

My bro's been trying to drag me back to CoH cause of all the New Content(tm). Modifiable costumes, auction houses, all this neat kind of stuff. >.> But I already spend so much of my time on WoW. It has to be one or the other, and WoW's already in place. So....

*runs off to play with her level 55 mage*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

:(

....... Is your brother still playing though? On your account lol or did he get his own? :D

Because there's a supergroup prestige bonus coming up. padding supergroups is teh FUN. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

All this talk of coordinating servers and moving characters... I'll stick with my single server of mass insanity, thanks.

Of course, here's hoping I didn't log out in Jita. *grins*
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Yeah, he is. He was out of it for a little while, but his friend pulled him back in. And I /almost/ had him playing WoW too! *shakes a fist at CoH*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hey we get Flashback now: Oroborus missions which you can get old story arcs, temp powers, etc and badges that you missed. Including the ever-elusive Isolator (which is the ONE thing I want on my old main that i missed, because she was there before badges). NAZIS!

Wow doesn't have NAZIS. :) We got the 5th Column back! And new hair styles! PLENTY of em!

heeeee and I'm going to the san jose meetngreet at the end of the month, that should be a fun road trip. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com