Err... yah. Pernese-type draggies...

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Samber
Dragon

Err... yah. Pernese-type draggies...

Post by Samber »

I've finally finished one of my many projects, at least... Dasmalenra Weir (http://www.freewebs.com/dasmalenra_weir/index.htm) is now open and looking for bonders. Need at least 16 candidates (one for each egg), preferably male with two or three queen candidates thrown in. Requirements are fairly minimal... Also looking for anyone who wants a 'mandie', this particular odd parallel universe's brand of fire lizard. (Unfortunately, due to Freewebs ebilness, I had to take down the mandie registration and ownerlist pages... *sigh* Only 50 files.. what were they thinking?)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Nice. Do you accept detailed stats-page candidates, or does there need to be a story?
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Detailed stats are fine, doesn't have to be a story, but I am rather fond of the 'you walk into a cave...' style things and so one of those is also necessary. :wink:
angeoria
Fledgling

Post by angeoria »

Ooh... I love your images, their expressions are so sweet. I'll be sure to send you candidates - do you prefer the "walk into a weyr (weir?)" style, or would third-person stories also do? It's just that I haven't written second-person since I was twelve and fond of girls with tragic pasts and the maximum number of adoring pets, see... ~^
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yaay a semi-traditional!

I'll definitely be sending you some from Dragonhope. Which I should remind folks still has "the" You Walk Into A Weyr clutch... :)

Are there multiple stages for these dragons or just one stage? And, can we request "true traditional only" for those who don't want a Pernese weyr with lots of other colors?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
angeoria
Fledgling

Post by angeoria »

Bit OT, Samber, but I wandered over from your Weir to your Folly - and now I'm wondering why I never found it before. One of the nicest click-and-take agencies I've seen. ^_^

So I had to ask... were your pet peeves inspired by Tanith Lee's Unicorn trilogy? I loved that series, and the peeve was always one of my favorite characters. ^^
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

3rd person is fine, I guess. *grin* Mainly I didn't want anyone to be intimidated.

There are three stages for each dragon, hatchling, weirling, and adult, and the colors are different sizes. (Queens. Are. Big.)

And yes, you can request traditional only, though that still includes itty-bitty gender-neutral whites. :wink:

Regarding the peeves... YES! :D Glad someone recognized them, I've always loved those books. These be a bit different, of course, but every bit as cute and annoying, I assure you.
angeoria
Fledgling

Post by angeoria »

Of course, now I actually have inspiration to write (not-terribly-traditional... or amiable, even) walk-into-a-weyr characters. *grins* They're showing every sign of being quite prepared to put down attempts to write anything else, in fact.

... Maybe I can inflict them with peeves. ^_^ You don't mind non-Pernese/Pernseian pets, do you?
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

^-^ 'course I don't mind!
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

*pokes people*

Me. Need. Candidates.

Or I'll feed you to the Pink Fluffy Horror.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

*pokes everyone.

Gently.

With a frozen haddock.*

Hate to be annoying (wait--I lie--I looooove being annoying...you didn't hear that from me, though) but I've got 0 out of 10 slots filled right now.... though Swift and Asha have promised a few candidates, which is quite nice of them.

*returns to poking*
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

I sent one in!! *looks innocently at PFH. *At least it's not a poer or something else horrid like that.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Hmph. Poers are aweaome!

What is a poer, anyway? I can't recall...
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Weird... I'm not getting anything here, Asha, are you sure the form went through okay? 'cause the test worked fine for me....
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Uh...me can't remember. I'll look later on.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Dudes, send. candidates. to. this. clutch.

I mean, you walk into a weyr type characters, how freaking cool is that?

I've sent two... Taren is on the page but did you get Larna? her url is http://www.moon-struck.net/dragons/larna/

Sorry to be annoying I'm just way more excited than is normal about freaking ywiaw candidates *laugh* Feels like 7th grade all over again. Which is a good thing. At least where dragons are concerned ;)

*ponders a third character because they're so fun*
ImageImageImage
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

I sent one! Yes. A while back. Right when my clutch didn't have any still (hint hint, people.)
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I'm planning on sending, but it'll have to be after my convention. ^^;;; So look for them hopefully early next week. Still iffy since after con I have to pack up my crap to go back to college but I'll try.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

>Astra: No, I didn't get Larna. Thanks for checking! I'll go update the candidates page now...