April Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

April Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Xenoqueen »

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November – Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Astra (February – Received Shiolar)
Calico (July – Received Sherra)
Drakiera (August – Received Yakima)
Ereandir (July – Received DragonFlight)
GildedLilly (December – Received Cacopheny)
Keilin Alyr (June – Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May – Received Shard)
Lerial (December – Received Astra)
Neishai (March - Received Shard)
Rachael (March - Received Indigo)
Sherra (February – Received Indigo)
Starburst (February – Received Jess D)
StarFyre (November – Received Rachael & Silver Midnight, Self-Image Exchange)
Xalia (January – Received IceCat)
Next, the greylist of people who have turned in their late image, but cannot rejoin the exchange until NEXT month.
DragonFlight
Kitsuneko
Sargon
Yakima
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)

If you must link to anything (references, music, etc.) DO NOT USE THE "URL" TAG! PLEASE include the full url itself. When I copy-paste, linked words turn into pure text, and I don't always remember to grab the url out of the link.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through April 8th.

When the round begins, make sure you get your image in on time! If you are late with the image you owe and did not fall prey to exonerating circumstances over the month (i.e. forgetting is not an excuse; family emergencies are) your re-joining of the exchange will be delayed until the month AFTER you finally turn in your image. So for example, if you were late for February and turn your image in any time in March, you will be allowed to join again in April.

<hr>

Aaaand the folkses that didn't get any art last month.
Username: IceCat
E-mail: mordria@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any
Features: transparency, spikes, fangs, glowing eyes, loose bandages wrapped anywhere around body
Species: any
Element(s): death
Theme: ghost devil
Name: either
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Indigo
E-mail: indigozeb@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): spring/asian colors(see theme)
Features: any
Element(s): possibly spring?
Theme: Since I'm heading down to Seattle at the end of this month for Sakuracon(an anime convention) I was thinking something either spring or asian themed - sakura, geisha, kabuki, noh, you can even do something seattle-themed if you want!
Name: you chose or I will later. ^^
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Mystic Dragon
E-mail: mystic_dragon84@yahoo.ca

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): tan, black, brown, gray
Features: BIG teeth. Big head. T-rex-ish.
Species: dragon
Element(s): Peter Jackson
Theme: Okay, so the movie based thing worked out well for me last time. *cuddles Emily* So I've decided to go with another favourite, a la Peter Jackson's King Kong. What I'm looking for in particular is the t-rex head. If you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about. That massive thing with rows of jagged teeth and squinty eyes. :3 Give me that lovely, lovely ugly mug and I'll love you forever.
Name: Rex
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shard
E-mail: kshau_protectorate@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): brown, black, tan
Features: Sangerdragon again! http://www.geocities.com/alabaster_riders/sangers/
Tan skin (can be very very dark, or mushroom pale depending on circumstances), black 'hair' (mane, fringe, frill, spines, whatever), cobalt to peacock blue eyes (not light blue)
Species: well I now have a beautiful sangerGryphon, how about something else? :)
Element(s): electricity if any
Theme: released from bondage (that could be ... taken whatever way necessary - freedom in mind, emotion, body, he's been slaved to all of those)
Name: sangerish in feel, v's, i's, etc.
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Mon May 01, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Asha Wermyst
E-mail: mor1m0t0@alltel.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Black, white, gray, green
Features: White, staring eyes, fangs, stringy black hair, blood
Species: Dragon, preferably hydra
Element(s): Undeadness
Theme: Rob Zombie!!
For those who may not know for whatever reason, Rob Zombie is the singer in a band who looks like a zombie (hence the name.) Or a vampire, depending on how you look at it. Anyways...
Pictures: (they're pretty much black-and-white, due to horror-typeness.

http://graphics.ink19.com/issues/novemb ... ombie.JPEG

http://www.ludd.ltu.se/~silver_p/2page/ ... zombie.jpg

Aand a color:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/kalle.jokinen/rob2.jpg
You need more, let me know.

Name: Probably something to do with the theme.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Mystic Dragon
E-mail: mystic_dragon84@yahoo.ca

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): black and white
Features: Guy Fawkes mask, cloak (optional), daggers, horribly scarred skin (perferrably hidden by clothes)
Species: dragon (human shapeshifter)
Element(s): V for Vendetta
Theme: Movie theme again, though this has turned more into an obsession. After watching V for Vendetta, I've been enthralled with the idea of V. His look, style, personality, intellect... It just amazes me how well that was done. I would very much like a V dragon. Perferrably bipedal with the ability to shapeshift into that hearthrobe of a hero.
Name: V
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Silver Midnight
E-mail: silverfirelancer@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Grey, black, earthtones and neutrals
Features: Long mane, sleek body, perhaps 'wolfen' features, a noble air
Species: Dragon, or some sort of draconic thing
Element(s): Light, Earth, Air, Water
Theme: Dunadan/Numenorean
Name: I'll name them when I see them.

First off...a Dunadan or Numenorean is a type of human from Tolkien's books. They usually have black hair and grey eyes...if you want a good example, of an Arnorian Dunadan, I'd say Aragorn. =D

Rather than a Gondorian Dunadan, I'd prefer something along the lines of an Arnorian or a Numenorean before the fall. Dunedain are tall, sleek, and noble-looking. The Numenoreans before their fall were wise kings of the sea, linked closely to the elves. The Arnorians are rangers, the sons of a lost kingdom descended from Numenor.

If there's not enough information here, go on ExchangeTracker and I'll drop some links in your lap.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Xenoqueen (Phoenix)
E-mail: thexenoqueen@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Any
Features: Any
Species: Any
Element(s): Any
Theme: Moral ambiguity! Which is a fancy term I'm using for having neither a good nor a bad conscience, and working only on one's own whims with no care for "good" nor "evil". I have a conscience-less agency that needs a cast, you see.

In that regard, you have free reign to design what you wish! A dragon for me to attach a bonder to, an alienish critter, any sort of sentient creature... don't feel limited to "dragon", and go wild if you like!

And if you happen to think of a personality and/or backstory for the image along the way, I'll take that, too! I have fun running with ideas I get from other people. ^_^

What crew there is so far: http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/S ... /index.htm
Name: Any
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: dracosinfernoweyr@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): see theme
Features: see theme
Species: draconic
Element(s): see theme
Theme: I would like a dragon based on my favorite anime at the moment, Ghost in the Shell ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell for further information). To narrow it a bit, I picked three ideas from Ghost in the Shell, but you don't have to follow them if you don't want to.
- First: a Motoko Kusanagi-themed dragon, focusing mainly on the anime version of her personality ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoko_Kusanagi - be forewarned, there's a bit of not-worksafe stuffs at the beginning of the article, though nothing utterly scarring.)
- Second: a Tachikoma-themed dragon. This one would be fun and child-like, like the Tachikoma themselves. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachikoma )
- Third: based on the theme song of Stand Along Complex. It's uploaded here: http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BJ8 ... 9VZJKY2B07 (it's only good for seven days, so if it's deleted before then I can re-upload it for you), and I found the lyrics and english translation here: http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ghostshell/rise.htm
Name: you pick or I will.

Whew, sorry that was so long. ^^;;
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shiolar
E-mail: shiolar@uk2.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See theme
Features: See theme
Species: Dragon
Element(s): See theme
Theme: Still collecting fluffy dragons. So everything is up to you, as long as it's fluffy.
Name: Any, as usual.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

dracosinfernoweyr wrote:~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: dracosinfernoweyr@gmail.com

- Second: a Tachikoma-themed dragon. This one would be fun and child-like, like the Tachikoma themselves. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachikoma )
:O oh my god, a Tachikoma-dragon would be freakin' awesome! XDD I may try to draw that even if I'm not entering, this month... they're too cool to pass up!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: jess d
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): mostly earth tones, but metals and jewel tones are included in that
Features: fur, sleek body
Species: draconic, maybe a hint of wolf (prefer not a bonding-type species)
Element(s):
Theme: "mother"/earth goddess (I'm trying to flesh out a pantheon, of sorts, for one of my worlds, and this is the one I'm having a hard time with. I sort of know what I'm looking for, but at the same time... I don't know. I'll know when I see her if she will work for what I have in mind, but I have other plans for her if she isn't quite right)
Name: I will name her when I see her, though you can make suggestions, if something jumped out at you while drawing!
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Username: IceCat
E-mail: mordria@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): dark, especially purple and black
Features: long fur, jewels, wings, chaotic
Element(s): any
Theme: chaos
Name: Any

^^
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Unyko
E-mail: unykness@pegaruny.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Either blue(faded) or red(vibrant), and grayscale.
Features: (see species)
Species: Aanything draconic: Your 'signature' species.. or not. ^.^; If you don't wanna do that, or don't have a species: your favorite features/what you like to see in a dragon, or my SaaShiyovi, if you wanna try 'em. ^.~ (http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/SaaShiyovi)
Element(s): Any
Theme: Any
Name: You choose, or I will later. ^.^;

So I'm lacking in inspiration this week. XD So you get to draw whatever you think is pretty. <3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Myrror »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Purple, Blue, Black, Silver
Features: 'Fancy' things. Whatever you consider to be not plain. Anything from a frilly crest to elaborate markings
Species: Dragon
Element(s): None, or your choice
Theme: None
Name: You choose, or I will after seeing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Samber
E-mail: scribblekitty@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Choose one of three... I have no preference.

A. A pencil dragon. Go crazy with it!

B. A spork dragon. 0.0 I waaaant it. I think.

C. I didn't enter the self-dragon exchange, but I've since discovered something interesting about myself: I've always thought I was a Snake, but apparently I'm really an Earth Dragon (Chinese zodiac). What's funny is that it kinda fits, and i was always jealous because I wasn't a Dragon. Heh. So, a Samber-gon, possibly snakish. And I'm wanting wings! Other than that, it's all up to you.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Alright, signups are closed. Tiny group this time. :) Emails will go out after I finish some work I need to turn in today.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Hokey dokey, the mails should all be sent. Images are due by April 30th!
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Pheonix, I got you! Like you didn't already know that. ^.^

Anyway, here's your dragon:

Name: Triat
Species: Dragon Whorling (Balance Dragon)
Notes: Triat is a Balance Dragon--the two outside heads represent whatever opposite you can think of, but the most noticable would be Technology/Magic (though Order/Chaos is a definate second). They aren't good, evil, or even truely neutral--they just are. Whatever works for them is what they do--as long as the end result is balanced.

You can give them whatever powers you want--even have the outer heads have different genders, or head-specific powers. Just as long as it's balanced out.

They are not the same 'balance' as Dark and her siblings are.

Hope you like
ImageImageImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Y halo thar again! X3

Ooooooooo! Eeeee, they're neat! :D Definitely, definitely gonna go with the Tech/Magic balance... both are used on the Fate, so that fits perfectly! :D :D :D Might even tie Order/Chaos into it as well!, just because! X3

Heeeeeeee. I lubs them, Myr! :D Thankeeeeeee! ::snug::

Three is like... the perfect number of heads for hydras. X3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

That's sooo cool.... And even though I'm way late on my last month's dragon exchange, some day I hope to do one of those 'moral ambiguity' dragons, because I have a perfect idea for one you might not expect. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Ooohhh ASHA! ^.^

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Black, white, gray, green Check!
Features: White, staring eyes, fangs, stringy black hair, blood Check, mostly. *forgot the blood* ^.^;;; hope you like anyway..
Species: Dragon, preferably hydra Check!
Element(s): Undeadness Definite check. XD
Theme: Rob Zombie!! Check!
Name: Probably something to do with the theme.

(*pokes the board for not doing the quote thing for her* <.<;;)

I really do hope you like him.. even though I sorta took off with the zombie-ness. ^.^;; Erm, you can pick a name for him, since I'm famously terrible at naming anything. XD
Anyway. *salute!* Enjoy!
Image... Image ... Image

Dude...Uny...that is insanely cool. XD *Covets*
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*squeak!* Thanks! #^.^#
Image... Image ... Image

Kayla!

I went ahead and did Kusanagi...I hope you like her! If you want a smaller image, I can shrink it down. ^^

Or a gif...
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

O__O

O____O

*glomp* Sil! She's perfect! :DDD I love those wings! I do have one question, would she be people-sized, dragon-sized, or is it up to me?

Thank you so much <3 *latches onto Motoko-dragon's tail and is grumpily dragged off*
:O oh my god, a Tachikoma-dragon would be freakin' awesome! XDD I may try to draw that even if I'm not entering, this month... they're too cool to pass up!
DOITDOITDOIT! :D Motoko-dragon will need something to torment her...
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Silver Midnight
Dragon

^^ It's up to you. XD I just drew and that's what came out.
Sargon
Fledgling

march exchange

Post by Sargon »

For you IceCat!

So sorry it took so long to get it to you, i was going to sit down and finish him up (i had like two layers left to shade) on the night he was due but my mom turned off the comp and made me go to bed, then i just didn't have a chance to get back around to it due to life and school issues. I apologize for the incovience, but now he's even prettier because he wasn't rushed. Hope he's everything you dreamed of *snork*

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): black, green, deep violet red/pink (was supposed to be "rot" but i didn't want to make it too gorey)
Features: transparency, spikes, fangs, glowing eyes, loose bandages wrapped around leg and tail
Species: Cobra Hydra x biped Azonese dark (cross of snake DNA has left him infertile, will only be allowed to breed if able to sucessfully extract genes)
Element(s): death
Theme: ghost/devil and cobra
Name: Cobrax you can change it if you wish; just what i've been calling him. More Cobra X but cobrax works too.

I've never seen a hooded dragon before, so i thought i'd try it. ;D LOOK AT HIS TONGUE. LOOOOOK AT IT. :C

gif version

edit: forgot to add a couple things- here they are in jpg format when they look best. if you want an unresized one letme know and i'll give it to ya.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

That is so cool, Sargs...

Just so y'all know I finally had time and inspiration so now I have an inked image that'll be scanned and colored tonight for mystic. The essential problem is: I didn't see King Kong. So, anyway, back to work for me, that's my update.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Sweeeet....that is awesome Unyko! I shall think up a name of awesomeness for him.....

Thanks!!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hokay. Mystic, I got you. :)

Now, I do think the end result turned out a WHOLE lot better than it could have, but ya' gotta keep two things in mind.

1 - like I said above, I did not see King Kong. (The request was for a king-kongy type Trex with the head and the teeth and stuff.... yeah). All I could find of references for it were screenshots from the video game. So, that's what I used. :)

2 - I am *so* not a cartoonist. I have lots of cute ideas but I *never* get them down on paper anywhere near the way I'd like to.

But, that aside.... here's your March exchange dragon. :) He's not so much a dragon... really. But I don't think that'll matter much.

Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*cackles* Awww... that's so cute! ^_^ Now I just have to figure out what to do with him!

*pokes* And go see King Kong. It's the best three hours of your life.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

He's so awesomeful! His tongue is pretty interesting. ^______^ May I ask for an unresized jpg version? Thank you so much!
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots