Avengaea: FACE LIFT!!

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Avengaea: FACE LIFT!!

Post by JKatkina »

http://www.avengaea.com/

Avengaea has gotten a face lift and a new domain name! This has been in the works for quite some time, in no small part because there is a metric tonne of NEW INFORMATION!! For those familiar with the old site and information, check out the Human section of the Creatures heading, some of the asandus sections for extras, and the entire World menu.

And there's more to come, about asandae, caetrae and Avengaea's geography, by the end of August. But for now... enjoy! And please, ask questions about whatever else you want to know, but can't find on the site!

And the links to the Nidus and to Sanctuary are both under 'Participation', for the interested, or right here:
http://www.avengaea.com/sanctuary/
http://www.avengaea.com/nidus/
Last edited by JKatkina on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I thought Shanie said she wasn't coming back at all? At least that's what I got out of her post? *blinks*
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

*headscritches* Well, I'm not sure either way, so I figured saying 'hiatus' would be more... courteous? I'm'a get in contact with her another way, in any case.
Image Image Image Image
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Actually, I talked to her since I was checking URLs a month or so back. She said she wasn't planning on returning, but that her server ate her pages so they wouldn't get replaced. You might want to ask her but I think that's what she told me happened. (Had two abandoned myself. ;_;)
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

;.; But that blue-light female that was ditzy and that I really liked! *sadface* She was fun!
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

I swear I've seen them up somewhere... ^^ huh. I'll check later, could I have an extension? mmmrr... either I've mixed up adolescent images with the adult, seen the copy on another URL after I moved the site and didn't tell you, or...

mmmmrrr... ^^ I'll contact you about it during this weekend?
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Well, if Shanie doesn't want her, she'll be coming home. <: )

Sunny, that would be awesome! :3 Consider yourself given an extension.
Image Image Image Image
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Aright, a number of the 'disappeared' dragons, I've found or been told where they are. (And Delyar is keeping hers, I contacted her and she gave me their new URL. :3 It's a good sign!)

But there are a few that I haven't even heard anything about, or who are still missing stages.

I'm going to give their owners until I announce the newest Avengaean bondings (which should be in the next couple of weeks, if not this weekend) to contact me, and then their dragons will be abandoned. This is horribly sad. D:

Dart and Caelius Vnesik - Juvenille stage missing! this is strange, as the adult one is there. Fuzzy, do you need the image again?
Celaseth and Semiel Geledran; Kendalith and Sino Ha'hran - page disappeared? Effie? You here?
Betula and Naro -- Page disappeared? Rachael, I know you're out there... *poke!*

I know Efellai said she was 'back', kind of, at one point, but... has anyone heard anything from her since then?

Also, Sunny, let me know when you get Cup' and Fen' up, ey? X3
Image Image Image Image
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

So I got the bonding finished quicker than I thought I would, so those people get until next weekend to contact me. I figure a single day's warning wasn't really fair. But, onto the meat!

The City of Sanctuary is back in business!

There have been two bondings, of far-overdue candidates. Kitsuneko! Ulipath and Utumith have bonded! In two weeks, I'll change their images to the juvenille stage, so have your young-images up by then, if you can. :3 Congratulations! You've gotten the first couple of Avens to come out of my site in a couple of years now!

Read the bonding!

Also, I am, as always, open for candidates, but now you won't have to wait ludicrous amounts of time to get your Asandae anymore. :3
Image Image Image Image
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Le whoot! Videi and Esaude are awesome! Thanks!
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

You're very welcome. ^__^ They were fun to write.
Image Image Image Image
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Another bonding has happened, because I'm on fire today. :D

Jess D... :D Mercure has bonded!

Congratulations, and you've got two weeks to get him up. :3 That's April 16 you have to have the kit image up by. :D
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Love that shade of green! ^_^

And... if some of those dragons don't end up getting paged or called for, and you're not keeping them, I'd love to take one home.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

ooo! Thank you! She's lovely, and she'll be fun to write for. I'll have their story up soon!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Great! :3 I wait with bated breath! And I'm very glad you like her. ^^

Dray -- Well, wait another week, and we'll see. >D
Image Image Image Image
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Wonderful, thank you! :)
Image Image Image Image
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Want some. Must write Candidates.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Oh! Quick question: about how long does it take for them to grow from the kit stage to the juvenile, and then to adult? I know they age differently than some of the other dragons, but I'm not sure how long everything takes in-character.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

That depends on how old your character is, as the older they are, the faster the kit will age to 'catch up' to them. It's kind of like... the closer they get to their bond's physical and mental maturity level, the slower they age.

Let's see -- a kit the equivalent of eight years old bonding a 24 year old human will probably take... mmm, five or six years to reach full maturity, a lot of those years spent closer to maturity. I think the average for bondeds to reach full maturity is between three and ten years.
Image Image Image Image
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Right, here's another one. :3 The charming Amarien has bonded.

His new partner is due up in two weeks (April 26) at which point the next stage shall go out!

This is also a reminder to Jess D. Four days to get Featau's young stage up, if you haven't already! :)
Image Image Image Image
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Her pic is up, on their new stat page: www.geocities.com/tervenna/mercure0
I'm just not finished with her "young" story yet...
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Perfect! :3

A story isn't required (though much looked forward to if you do do it), so thank you for getting the image up. :3 I'll update my records accordingly.

**edit** :D :D Aaa! There's more there since I last looked! Glee! *runs to read*
Image Image Image Image
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

First, I was dumb and put the wrong link to the stat page (that was it's working link, but I changed it when I was ready to show it!). The actual stat page is www.geocities.com/tervenna/mfstats
And second, there is now more story. I hope the way I wrote him is okay!
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Kaureiu is up! - http://shiolar.merseine.nu/mirus/amarien.htm

Have I said how much I absolutely adore him, yet? His personality absolutely rocks! I'm gonna have a lot of fun writing for him. I have plans, yes I do.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Undead cabbage! This story's going to get highly entertaining... or rather, /more/ highly entertaining, I figure!
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I hope so. Amarien and Kaureiu are going to have quite an adventure when they get back to Bryquaine, and undead cabbages will be the least of their worries. :twisted:

And, you know, it was totally time that I started advancing the plot for Bryquaine anyway, of which Amarien's story was always an intended part, even if the original plan had not actually included undead vegetables. Still, for my overall plan, Kaureiu is perfect; he's pretty much exactly what I was looking for to fill an important place in the future of Bryquaine.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Jess: X3 I actually hunted down their stats page myself when the link you gave was wrong! I've really enjoyed your whole story so far, too. :D!

X3! I'm glad he fits so well. I should have said this when I sent it out, but you have Dray to thank for the most entertaining bitlets of that story. X3 She snuck in and gave me a hand whle I wasn't looking.

Thanks, both of you, for doing so well with these! X3 I'm all excited about dragoning again.
Image Image Image Image
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Glad I helped get you excited about dragoning again. I shall have to send you more bonders to help keep you excited... (Not that I don't have my own motivations for collecting more of your lovely dragons, however..) Soon as I've added a bit more to Amarien and Kaureiu, expect another bonder or two. I have too many plotlines I've neglected for too long...
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

I can be dense sometimes...
I finally realized that Featau's next stage was up! And Tenaso too; he has such a pretty shade of blue.
Question: Since he's not actually bonded to Mercure, will he be growing at a different rate than Featau, since she's going to be catching up to her bond, and he isn't?