The Person Underneath game!

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Meh, probably true.

heh. I can ignore it if I want, aside from feeding the fishies. :)

Oh the joys of being "self employed" :D

The person below me would like to throttle me for that :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

False. I like having a routine, and my father was self-employed for over 20 years, so I know the down-sides to it.

The person below me is hot, even though it's cold outside, because the heat is up too high where they work/go to school.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

True! And despite the fact that the thermostat's in my office, if I try to turn the heat down the other teachers come barreling in here and yell at me... (Even though they're the stupid ones who keep wearing SHORT SLEEVES when it's in the fifties outside... >.< )

The person below me would rather do without heat and allow all the bodies in the building to warm the place up.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

False: I work in an older building -and- sit by a leaky window. I've worn more sweaters and turtlenecks this winter than I have in the last... six or eight.
True: My apartment's heat is odd. No matter how low we set it, it's bare-feet and tanktop weather half the time... >.>

The person below me is ready for a nap.
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.

Post by Guest »

True. Spent last night moving half my stuff to my new place, and then had one of my girlfriends' stay the night (since she came to help me pack, and lives about an hour and a half away). So I feel like a truck hit me. And I have to work, lol.

The person below me likes dark chocolate M&Ms.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

True! they're tasty. Did you try the white-chocolate "pirate pearls" M&M's? I don't think they're making them right now, since it was a PoTC promotion, but.

The person below me thinks it's odd that "older" women use girlfriend as "close female friend" and that "younger" women use girlfriend when they mean girlfriend.
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Post by Guest »

True, I do think this is odd, because I use 'girlfriend' to mean my close female friend, as you say 'older' women do, but yes, I do notice that a lot of my friends use girlfriend to mean girlfriend. I actually think calling someone a 'female' or a 'male' friend sounds like they're your FB, or something like that. Anywho.

The person below me is on here because they're trying to avoid work.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Guilty. I mean, True. There's not a lot for me to do at work right now, and typing makes me look busy, even though I know that I'm totally slacking.

(And to continue previous 'conversation' -- I'd like to be able to use 'girlfriend' in conversation without having people assume that I've got a female significant other. This enlightened age needs more enlightenment.)

The person below me wants a hot beverage.

Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

YES!! That is too true.

The person below is in a cold house that is warmer than outside.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

False-ish. I'm at work; it's chilly in here, but it's -14°F outside...

The person below me is wearing something blue.

Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

False, I'm in red, orange, goldenrod, gray, and black today... :)

The person below me /so/ did not get enough sleep last night...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

False, I went to bed early last night ^^ Still wish I had more sleep than that, but I'm not tired, just lazy.

The person below me has to deal with a teacher/boss who insults them all the time.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

False, but that would be a huge pain :( I'm sorry if that's what's happening to you, Star.

The person below me recently visited with their parents.
ImageImageImage
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Depends what you consider 'recently'. Probably false, as I last saw my dad and stepmom about a week and a half ago...but I'll see them again this Monday...

The person below me has found themselves almost falling asleep in a strange place recently...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

True, if you count a bookshelf in the house as strange (don't ask, I was tired, there were no other places around that I could be assured I wouldn't be stepped on. =P)

Astra: My first class on M-W-F, the teacher likes to tell us that we're stupid/slow/whatever, because we can't instantly write assembly code when he just introduced it to us a week ago. He'll write some C code up on the board, like A = A[i + 5] and expect us to translate that in a minute into lines of assembly code. That, and I think he takes offense at my using of a computer to take notes in his class (he says, "How're we doing in high tech over here?" all the time to me. All kinda, "What, so you think you're better than the rest of them, because you're a girl and have a computer out?")

The person below me likes stir-fry.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

True, I do like stir-fry, I make it all the time actually.

I'd lodge a complaint with the school about your instructor's behavior. That kind of thing is not acceptable.

The person below me hates filing forms.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

True. Too many hoops to jump through, not enough pay off.

There's nothing that can really be done about it. He's the only teacher qualified to teach this stuff, he's on tenure (sp?), and by the time I'd manage to jump through all the stupid hoops to get the forms and complaints lodged, I'd have an F in the class and be (probably) kicked from the department. It's not BLATANT insulting (usually), and he does give some praise out occasionally. The real issue is that I'm one of two girls in that class (and about 20 boys), I'm sitting there, in the back, in the middle of a group of known "troublemakers" (they're too smart, they can make a workaround for anything, and usually get done with things fast -- in essense, they're the "original" programmer type - self taught, very intelligent, and insanely creative when bored.), and I'm taking notes on a computer. The association alone would kill me with this guy (I get the feeling he doesn't like programmers of the "original" style, because they defy his teaching method, which is to pound it into our heads, and screw creativity), but the added "bonus" of me being a female (he's middle-eastern), and defiant enough to be myself instead of just another face...

Anyway! The person below me thinks gender stereotypes are stupid.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

True. Stereotypes in general are stupid. (They're not -always- wrong though. :/ )

The person below me wants to win the lottery.

Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

TRUE! I'm a female mathematician and more than computer-literate (I actually troubleshoot my entire office's computers because the guy who gets paid to do so isn't available enough) who plays WoW and other video games, hates pink and anything that can be seen or labeled as 'girly'...I contradict most gender stereotypes! XD

Edit: Bah, too slow...

The person below me also hates pink and things seen or labeled as 'girly'.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Ty: True - college student. I need money.

Xalia: True. I ditch pink things as fast as I can. I also rarely ever wear anything "feminine", have been called a man multiple times through my life (person: "You know, you're really feminine for a guy" me: "... *snicker*"), and just.. yeah. I love defying stereotypes.

The person below me is fascinated by the cultures that produce this nonsense.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

True, if by 'fascinated' you mean 'disgusted'. :)

The person below me likes it when they can suddenly use something they learned in school in a way they never thought about.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

True!!! And then I use it as a learning tool to help my students get more excited about learning.... :3

The person below me has muscle pain today... :|
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

False, but I'm sure tomorrow will bring some, as I'm planning to head to the zoo and that'll be up and down "cardiac hill"... and I haven't walked in weeks. :/

The person below me gets enough exercise.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

True!! With the 65 year old co-worker I have, I do 5 flights of stairs twice a day, 8 flights once a day, and usually dance or stretch after work.

The person below me loves chocolate chip cookie dough.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

TRUE!!!! Love it!

The person below me should be working on something right now.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

True! Paging dragons... cleaning my room... >.> (yes, I'm 27 and I still have a messy bedroom. But not at my parents' house.)

The person below me has (and wears!) a T-shirt that they decorated themselves.

Post by Guest »

False-ish. I did make a Rennaissance festival shirt, but it's not decorated, it's a simple white tunic shirt. And I did repairs on another Renn Fest outfit.

The person below me has a fascination with Stitch (from Lilo & Stitch... oh, wait, I'm the one the fascination, and trying to find others who like him as much!)
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

True, but not. My friend's nickname is Stitch, after the blue guy, and he's the one that did the drawing that I'm ironing onto a shirt this evening.

The person below me has a costume (not regular clothes) that they wear often.

Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

False...unless my riding outfits count? XD Someone told me I should wear my riding clothes to work for Halloween...though seeing as I teach high school and my breeches are skin tight...yeah...not going to happen...

The person below me /tried/ to get a decent amount of sleep last night but was unable to.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

False! Midnight to noon, all the way! *lazy*

The person below me in thankful for classmates/co-workers that help them with difficult things.