February Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Given that I can't find my PSP5 CD for reinstalling, I have to figure out how to do my shading in a different manner. Been hunting for it, was gone all weekend so.... We'll see if I get finished. x_x
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Oh, SAMBER!
Samber wrote: ~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Samber

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features: elegant shape, more' beautiful' than 'pretty' or 'cute'?
Species: pref. draconic
Element(s):
Theme: 'Wunderkind', can listen to from here, I think...
Name: something simple, elegant, classic
I didn't do the song justice, but I hope you like her, anyway.

Thanks, as always, to Phoenix for gif-izing ^^

She has no claws, no thumbs, and no ears: instead, she has little wings (two pair on her head, one pair on each heel). I think this is symbollic, but I'm not sure what it symbolizes for her XD I spent forever trying to get the foreshortening on her full-wings right (they're supposed to be open and swept forward), and it's still completely horrible, but it doesn't look too bad, anyway. Feathers suck >.>

I like the name Lauralie for her, but if you don't like it, feel free to change it ^^ For personality, I'd look to Lucy Pevency: innocent, caring, full of faith and curiosity.

Finally... um... do you mind if I use that song, myself, in the future? XD Probably not in the exchange, but for a plot (why, yes, I do get plot inspiration from music a lot... >.> ) ? I'd intended to, when I heard it in the theatre (and I was all "whoah! Alanis did a song for Narnia! so random!" when I did XD ), but I have yet to procure a copy, so I hadn't officially tried yet. And then you posted this, and I got it, and I was all " : O I love that song, too!"

:: stops babbling now :: I hope you like, even though she doesn't fit the image in my head for her ^^'
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

*tackles, runs away with dragon quickly*

oh my GAWD that's soooo beautiful! The head-wings! cute!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Suuuuunny!

So the notion of a flower-theme dragon... rather stumped me for a while. I didn't want to do something a la Lantessama and put a flower around a dragon's head, and I didn't want to do something all weird with petal-y decorative bits.

So, that left me with colors. But just a random dragon with flower-colors didn't work for me, either.

I eventually ended up with a little flower-sprite dragon. And then I had a "SHINY!" moment and splattered it with glitter. XD Kindergarten impulses can be fun!

Wanted to include the referenced flower itself in the picture, since I discovered what seemed like a million orchid types when I did a photo-search, so I was cheap and did a photo-background. XD At least I used my fav royalty-free site morguefile.com!

So... yes. Tiny flower-sprite. Hope you like! All info up to you.

Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

Neishai wrote:~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Neishai
E-mail: neishai@hotmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See below. Colors/patterns can reflect animal, or be totally different (for example, if you had a leopard-dragon, you might try green leopard spots. Who knows, up to you. )
Features: See below. Though strange features, like feathered tails, extra appendages, strangely shaped appendages, etc. are always welcome.
Species: If you have a species on your world that reflects the theme, that'd be great! Otherwise...chimera maybe? o.o;
Element(s): Any elements should reflect the theme. Shapeshifting between the two animals would be cool, though not something I'd require for storyline.
Theme: half animal - half dragon. Choose an animal (some favorites include any of the cats/big cats, dogs/wild dogs, exotic birds, horses, reptiles, frogs, mythology-inspired, wolves and a bunch of others) - I'm going to try for a bunch of dragons that are half dragon, half some kind of animal. Can be like a gryphon, where the animal is literally half and half, or it can have features of both throughout the body. Be as creative as you want with this!
Name: Same as with species, if you have a naming system, I'd like to use it. If you have a good idea for a name, please let me know! :D

A foureyed butterfly fish.

I literally took the animal part-- although fish weren't mentioned, I thought I could slip it in, what with reptiles and mythology inspired animals being there as well?

I copied the colors, I was going to add the stripes except they looked horrible on my computer, so decided to leave it as is. Background from a stockphoto site... ^^ forgot which one, but had it on my hard drive after doing research.

Half dragon, half fish, it doesn't have any powers per se but speaks out loud and telepathically. Can't fly, lives in the water and eats other prey. Kind of cannibalistic, because it will eat other same specied fish if desperate ^^ everything else up to you.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~ finished. XDXD

And PHE!! loveloveloveloveit! I felt all lacking and annoyed and embarrased because my attempt was so down compared to yours-- but loooooooovee lovelovelovelove. *ahem*

LOOOOOOOVE
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Cacopheny wrote:Oh, SAMBER!
Samber wrote: ~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Samber

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features: elegant shape, more' beautiful' than 'pretty' or 'cute'?
Species: pref. draconic
Element(s):
Theme: 'Wunderkind', can listen to from here, I think...
Name: something simple, elegant, classic
I didn't do the song justice, but I hope you like her, anyway.

Thanks, as always, to Phoenix for gif-izing ^^

She has no claws, no thumbs, and no ears: instead, she has little wings (two pair on her head, one pair on each heel). I think this is symbollic, but I'm not sure what it symbolizes for her XD I spent forever trying to get the foreshortening on her full-wings right (they're supposed to be open and swept forward), and it's still completely horrible, but it doesn't look too bad, anyway. Feathers suck >.>

I like the name Lauralie for her, but if you don't like it, feel free to change it ^^ For personality, I'd look to Lucy Pevency: innocent, caring, full of faith and curiosity.

Finally... um... do you mind if I use that song, myself, in the future? XD Probably not in the exchange, but for a plot (why, yes, I do get plot inspiration from music a lot... >.> ) ? I'd intended to, when I heard it in the theatre (and I was all "whoah! Alanis did a song for Narnia! so random!" when I did XD ), but I have yet to procure a copy, so I hadn't officially tried yet. And then you posted this, and I got it, and I was all " : O I love that song, too!"

:: stops babbling now :: I hope you like, even though she doesn't fit the image in my head for her ^^'
Ghiii... do I like? 'Like?' No.

Luuuuuuurve, YES! :D

*swats Shard, steals dragon back, and scampers off to do some pagin'*
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Heeeeeee, glad : D Enjoy 'er!
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

GWAAAHYYEEERRRR!!! *makes all kinds of inarticulate happy-gibbering noises at fishy-dragon* SQUEE I LOVE! :D An adorable cannibalistic fishy-dragon! How cute! ^^ I never would have thought to add fish to my list, but like I said I wanted to see what someone would come up with. Thank you so much Sunny! ^^

*ahem*

Now, to finish my draggy... muahahaa... >>
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Phoenix

http://mordria.byethost22.com/excfeb06.gif

Here is your equine!

I did an equine because you didn't seem to have many living around. I hope you like him/her. I'm not exactly sure if it fits your definition of moral ambiguity but if anything, I'm pretty sure this is not a nice horse. Also I don't believe the background is completely transparent, so I can fix that up as soon as possible but I wanted to get this to you ^^

Name: You choose
Species: Veritosian Equine
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Horsey! XD And in my favorite colors, too! That's neat. X3 Total surprise! :D And I like it even more so because of that. I never woulda thought of a horse-type character. X3 Variety is fun! Thaaaaankeeeee. :D
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Fudgem. I'm probably going to be late :( I had a decent idea the sketches just kept coming out crappy. Do we have all day tomorrow to finish these or is tonight the deadline?
ImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

You have until the end of the month-- whole of the last day included.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

<<... which time zone is that?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Whichever zone comes last? Just gotta beat me to my check on lateness come the first of the month. I'm not as strict with it as I am with my own dragonry deadlines.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

~ Yakima ~
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Spiritual
Theme: Kagome from Inu-Yasha; I want her to be the companion of Tal,
my January exchange! Please don't draw a dragon in her school
uniform... If it helps, she's a priestess' reincarnation...Could
include some connection to the Shikon Jewel, too.
Name:

Lessee, where do I start with this beauty? She is an Eastern Dragon, with a mix of Japanese and Chinese themes, and...extra limbs. I added the second set, loved where they were, but realized how badly she needed another. And another. See what happened... ^^; I do however like the effect, it seems elegant and they definitely can support her back more than two pairs would. :3

I was thinking that as a reincarnation of Kagome and Kikyo, and as an Eastern Dragon who bear a jewel or pearl in their forehead naturally it would be the Shikon Jewel itself! ^.^ This is however where things get strange. She would be inherently Good, or at least (like a force of nature) Neutral, therefore, more the Jewel would be more susceptible to whatever befalls her or whatever alters her mindset/soul/etc. I was thinking this should affect her physically, since the Jewel is a part of her. It could go so far as to alter her form, becoming more "angelic" or "demonic" etc. It might also alter her colors (see below). See where that idea leads you.

Colors I chose are based off of Chinese Opera and Japanese Noh colors - the colors specifically used in face paint and masks. Her scales are primarily silver - the color of spirits and the Gods. Notice her toes - her first set, with five fingers. In China only the Emperial dragons have five toes. In Japan the most rare have five. Also I thought it would be nice if she could use this first set as hands. XD;;; The rest of her toes are like a normal Japanese dragon's - three-toed, and opposeable (perfectly capable of carrying things). Her hair - mane, the tufts on her legs, and on her tail - are all purple or reddish-purple. Purple signifies an upright, sophisticated, or cool-headed person. Good offset for your Inu-Yasha dragon, I thought. ^^; Red-violet suggests a just and noble personality. The red antennae that stem from the nose signify passionate emotions like love, courage, and devotion, but also a capacity for hate. Oh, and on her claws I added some gold, another color of the Gods. Her face (got the shading a little dark there, sorry ><;; ) if you notice, is white... like a mask. ^^ And her ears are a bit greenish, erm, just because. XD They told me to color them green so I did. ;>>

Some miscellaneous abilities I thought that would be appropriate... Eastern Dragons are thought to be bringers of rain and storms. You might want to implement something along those lines, or perhaps she always has a misty presence around her, or maybe a change in the weather whenever the Shikon Jewel is altered. Also, since she is a dragon, I doubt a real bow-and-arrow would work, so I thought psychic "Holy" projectiles might be shot from her forehead/the Jewel with the same properties as the priestess arrows. I definitely think she should be able to fly/hover without the use of wings, be it telekinetically or through her use of wind/storm magic. I don't think that she would need to breathe, from what I've seen of pictures of Eastern Dragons encircling the world. You can't really be outside the atmosphere and breathe... ^^; Might come in handy if she needs to travel through space. Travelling between or not can be up to you. Type of speech (vocal, verbal, whatever) can also be up to you. Name, job/rank, specific personality, age, etc. likewise. Though I thought it might make sense to mention that she would probably be near the end or Ascention of her reincarnation cycle, since she made it all the way to Dragon. ^^;

Sorry it's a .jpg. I'll go ahead and send you a transparent version, if you like, in either png or gif version (or both?). ^^

I think that's it... x_X;;;

Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

...Power to you. That is the first eastern-style dragon I've ever honestly, no holds barred, found appealing. =O
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Re: February Dragon Exchange - Sign-ups to Feb. 6th

Post by LakotaWolf »

Cacopheny wrote: ~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: Up to you. I will say I like weird features, though ^^
Species: I prefer something that already exists or can be a mix of something that already exists (easier to come up with plots that way, since they have a setting and all), but it doesn't hafta be; I'm easy ^^
Element(s): Up to you
Theme: Yay more music! This month, it's Joni Mitchel's Court and Spark. Right click to save as, please, so you don't kill my bandwidth trying to listen to it from my site.
Gender: Male (unless you work it from the singer's perspective, I suppose, in which case it'd be female)
Name: Up to you, or I'll pick
Hokay XD I think I got some -- most -- of it. I'm not sure X3 I couldn't DL the song from your site, for some reason, so I Limewired it up and found what I assume is a similar copy XD I also did some more research into the song, trying to find out what Joni Mitchell MEANT by the song. A couple websites that had discography for her said that she wrote a lot of songs about the men she'd had relationships with... so I assumed maybe this song had a similar theme :3 So, I drew a male Schattarneki musician, someone who is a bit of a throwback to the glory days of Splintyr, before the fragment-populations of other dragon species rose up and destroyed most of the culture that the Schatties had formed.

He's a sly one, that's for sure, but charming as hell and in possession of a silver tongue ;} I tried to do a bit more with this picture than just have a dragon floating in space, so that's a real picture of People's Park in the background, plus a Schattarneki instrument called a bahbo, which the Schattie has abandoned to go on his courting-quest XD

Then I tried to color it with my new Sharpies :/

I'm disappointed... I do wished I'd scanned the lineart, but I thought that maybe it would look okay in the end. x_x; I hope you like it, at least a bit! His name, unless you want it to be something else, is Aru-keyh XD

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know :D Or if you just want the dragon-image itself, sans background.

Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

And, I forgot to say earlier, YAY! to Indigo XD Thank you so much - I REALLY love the curlySchattie lady! She is beautiful... I can really see an Asianesque quality to her. Thank yooou! ::hugs:: I'm going to go put her up right now and edit this post with a URL X3
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

LOL! I just realized I have that song, Wonderkind on my computer! It's my favorite song, too! You did a fine job, Caco! :P

Just had to mention that...*growls at pounding headache trying to return* Go. Away!

*sigh* At least I can eat again. Yum...Subway...:P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

mystic my love i got you!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): white, blue, gray, neutral colours
Features: undead, bride-like, dark
Species: dragon
Element(s): Is Tim Burton an element?
Theme: Something Tim Burton-ish. I just finished watching the Corpse
Bride, so that's where the bride aspect comes from. Go nuts with this.
I'm a big fan of his work.
Name: Emily!

i tired :D i love tim burton, and i tried very hard, that's all i can say! <3 hope you like
(wings are essence!)
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

Yeaaaaaaaaaah... I'm going to be late... ^^; Sorry, but these past two weeks have been exhausting me with midterm after midterm and a paper thrown in there for fun... It kinda deadened my will to draw during what free time I have... so....

Sorry! ^^;
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Yeah, definately late as well, confirming it now. Since I know I won't be done, I'll just give my apologies - Sargon, I got you. The image on paper takes up two pages (after three prior attempts to do something I liked with it) and I'm doing some more detailing - just trying to get used to Photoshop for shading since I've been in a PSP5 rut for years. ^^;;;

I'm aiming to finish late this weekend, and I hope you enjoy it when I do, I went a little overboard I think (to pay you back for that awesome Sephiroth-exchange-dragon you did for me a few months ago. ^_~). Heehee.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

O.O Dear sweet Jesus I'm in love!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

;>> I hope Yakima liked her dragon? o.o

Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Yeah, I did...sorry, been fighting a headache and who knows what else so all I managed to do when you posted it was save it and drift back to bed...

grrr...what's up with this headache anyawy! *whimpers*

When I'm feeling better I'll probably bombard you with some questions...:)
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Alrighty, this month is closed. I'll post the March signup in an hour or so.