February Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Dray wrote:Yeah! Lerial did one for Phe's phantom-dragon the first time around... I think that's why I added that to the grading scale in the first place. XD Just because it takes so much more effort to include it, then make a blank background.

Btw, Phe, good idea to ask. o_O" It hadn't crossed my mind beforehand. ^^;
*raises hand* wasn't me! I haven't gotten Phe yet ^^;
I think that may have been Starfyre.

And I would be interested in seeing what the grading scale was, even if we aren't using it anymore.

And Astra, sorry my image for you is so late ^^; All I can manage to get from your request is a pair of glowing eyes o.o;
..I'll figure it out. Probably while my boyfriend's in DC this month.
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Lerial, the system's here ^^ Unless you mean actual numbers?
Xenoqueen wrote: It's a straightforward thing. New images earn more points than templates. Shaded images earn more points than unshaded ones. Patterned creatures earn more than solid ones. Then there's tiny bonuses for things like animation, backgrounds, multiple images, or having multiple critters in the same image.
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

There's too much fuss about 'being graded', Caco--therefor, Phe's not gonna use the system anymore. Everything's gonna just be random.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

I know, Lerial just said she wanted to see it, whether or not it was being used? XD So I was pointing it out for her.
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

I was just wondering if there was more to it than that :P
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I had no problem with the grading system, just the idea of posting peoples grades on the net. I thought it was a good idea, actually, but random is good too, I lived my whole life up until now thinking it was random anyway so I suppose not much has changed :lol:
ImageImageImage
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Yakima
E-mail: wolf_mage_of_rerir@msn.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Spiritual
Theme: Kagome from Inu-Yasha; I want her to be the companion of Tal, my January exchange! :P Please don't draw a dragon in her school uniform...:P If it helps, she's a priestess' reincarnation...Could include some connection to the Shikon Jewel, too.
Name:
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Ooooh, Myr! That Whorling is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

And I'm halfway through doing an image for you Myr, as it happens. I'll try get it up later...

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shiolar
E-mail: shiolar@uk2.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See theme
Features: See theme
Species: See theme
Element(s): See theme
Theme: Fluff! Bit of a random and undefined theme, but there it is. I want to start collecting more fluffy things for a while, so draw me something fluffy. Everything else is up to you!
Name: Any
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Perhaps it's not too late for me to join in on the Exchange? I'm doing this more because I want to draw than for the critters, but here goes...

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Neishai
E-mail: neishai@hotmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See below. Colors/patterns can reflect animal, or be totally different (for example, if you had a leopard-dragon, you might try green leopard spots. Who knows, up to you. )
Features: See below. Though strange features, like feathered tails, extra appendages, strangely shaped appendages, etc. are always welcome.
Species: If you have a species on your world that reflects the theme, that'd be great! Otherwise...chimera maybe? o.o;
Element(s): Any elements should reflect the theme. Shapeshifting between the two animals would be cool, though not something I'd require for storyline.
Theme: half animal - half dragon. Choose an animal (some favorites include any of the cats/big cats, dogs/wild dogs, exotic birds, horses, reptiles, frogs, mythology-inspired, wolves and a bunch of others) - I'm going to try for a bunch of dragons that are half dragon, half some kind of animal. Can be like a gryphon, where the animal is literally half and half, or it can have features of both throughout the body. Be as creative as you want with this!
Name: Same as with species, if you have a naming system, I'd like to use it. If you have a good idea for a name, please let me know! :D

( Idea was inspired by Kless' b-day gift to me, the iguana-dragon. OMG I love her. :D And the animal-shifting dragons Samber gave out - I got the penguin. ^^ )
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Myrror! Thank you! ^_^ He and my evil dragon from last month can do BATTLE.
ImageImageImage
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Shiolar!
Man, this guy was a toughie for me, mostly because I finished the body early on but could NOT get a wing I liked!

It's actually got two sets of wings, a large main one and a smaller secondary to help support it's heavy hips in flight. It can only glide, not actively fly. That fin on it's tail spreads out to act as a rudder, the tail is actually three pronged with the membrane stretching between them. When at rest, it's wings and the main wing-arm fit into a kind of groove on it's side to stay out of the way.

Name: I'll let you make one up, I'm skittish about naming people's critters. ^^;
Gender: Neuter, though I refer to it often as male. Force of habit. :P
Abilities: It's got very strong wind-working abilities to help keep itself in the air while gliding. This guy can actually take off from low ground by drawing air currents up and underneath it's wings to "blow" itself into the sky! It's also got some weather-working magic and some minor light-based abilites.

I apologize for the lateness, and I hope you like!
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Ooooh! Very nice Kayla. I like it/him (it might become a him when I put the page together). The wings look great, and I love the thing on the chin, too! Really gorgeous. Thankies.
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Glad you like him. I'm still kinda eh-y over the wings, but... Considered modeling him after a llithra, the pet critter at my weyr but they have a completely different wing structure compared to this guy. XD
+ Char Listing + LJ +
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Aaand now that I've redeemed myself...

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: dracosinfernoweyr@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White, gold, pale yellows; light colors
Features: Kingly (or queenly, rather), a truly knight-in-shining-armor Good dragon. Possibly with horns on it's head like a crown, even. And multiple wings, up to four pairs (if you're up to it :P).
Species: Preferably draconic
Element(s): Purity, goodness, justice, light.
Theme: The second of my ruling trio, this will be the goddess of Good. She's got to be powerful enough to counter this guy, my God of Evil.
Name: You pick or I will. ^^
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Dragonflight!

Loook! It's finally done! Sorry I didn't do any shading, but I've made you wait long enough already and didn't want to delay it anymore. So! Without further ado I give you... the second Iloian dragon in existance.

Now I've been thinking of this 'un as female, but gender/name is up to you. I've also come up with a bit of info. Dray, if you want, you can copy this too. It applies to the exchange I did for you last month. :D

See the species information (so far) here. As for breeding restrictments, I can't really put any on since I've already given one out without them. As such, I'll only mention that they're /very unlikely/ to breed with anything they deem 'unnatural'. That means hydras, xenos, any dragons that seem closer to technology than nature. >.> Yes, they're kind of hypocritcal and biased. Mind you, they /just/ entered the Nexus. They're a little overwhelmed.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

I'm pretty much indifferent to the grading system, mostly because I just joined. lol.

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Indigo
E-mail: indigozeb@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): vivid dark pink, light pink and green, soft pastel pink(watermelon-ish colors)
Features: fuzzy
Species: dragon
Element(s): -
Theme: The 'Ugly Blanket'. Okay, it's not really ugly, more like somewhat garish. Long story short, it's the some-what icky blanket that I couldn't seem to get rid of and now I'm attached to it. Here's the best picture of it I can find off hand(in the lower right hand corner) - http://www.borealvisions.net/images/pho ... s_0424.JPG
Name: you choose or I'll name later. ^__^
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

I think seeing the scale would be very interesting. I also agree with resetting things as of March - it just seems fun that way.

Personally, I don't care how I'm paired up with anyone. XD I just enjoy the challenge of trying to draw what people request.

When I heard about the grading, I was very highly amused. Mostly because I wondered if my images grades were doing better than my school grades, but then I realized - no, 'cause I'm doing good in school XD
So I walked into this bar and...
Rachael
ashenpaw@gmail.com

Saw this handsome devil sitting at the bar and...
Color(s): See theme.
Features: XD See theme.
Species: Dragon-esque!
Element(s): See theme.
Theme: Nara Shikamaru! Yes, I am indulging a Naruto binge. So I'm collecting the sexy men. >=D
Name: Something similar to his name, likely. ^__^;

Reference Links:
http://www.uchiha.org/shika/main01.gif
http://wiki.cs.uic.edu:8080/CS101/uploa ... kamaru.JPG
and any image similar from a Google or AltaVista image search.

Also, feel free to read up on him here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nara_Shikamaru
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

The now-discarded scale went like this.

First the image itself got a score. The "perfect" score was a 5, meaning the image was new, and this is what everybody always got. There were only ever a few instances of templates being used. There were never any nines or tens given.

Pre-Existing Template: 1 point
Altered Template: 3 points
Multiple Old Templates: 3 points
Animated Template: 4 points
Multiple Animated Templates: 5 points
New Image: 5 points
New Image with BG: 6 points
Multi-char Image: 6 points
Multiple New Images: 7 points
Multiple New Images with BGs: 8
Animated Image: 8 points
Animated Image with BG: 9
Multiple Animated Images: 9 points
Multiple Animated Images with BGs: 10

Then the coloring was graded.

Flat color: 1 point
Filter/Gradient Fill: 2 points
Flat color with pattern: 3 points
Flat color with a basic shading job: 3 points
Filter/Gradient Fill with basic shading job: 3 points
Pattern with basic shading: 4 points
Flat color with decent shading: 4 points
Filter/Gradient with decent shading: 4 points
Decent shading, decent pattern: 5 points
Volunteering: +5 points per image
Late: -5 points

Over the months, "basic" shading came to mean messy shading to me, while "decent" was clean. Sloppy versus effort.

Part of the reason why I so readily scrapped the system was because for the most part, the average scores were nines and tens, with few exceptions. The only thing that ever really pulled people down was being late. So really, as time went on and people stopped using templates, the system got more and more obsolete, which is why I'm happier eliminating it than leaving everybody all freaked out.

But as you can see, the scale was NEVER SKILL-BASED. It was all effort-driven.

Of course, now that the system doesn't hoist our dedicated volunteers (coughyouknowwhothatiscough) to the top, I need to come up with a different way to reward that. The Blacklist punishment was easily shifted, but rewards... I had something along the lines of that art contest that use to run at Yerf, where the following contest is all art for the winner of the previous one, but didn't think that'd go over well, neither to the winner who'd have to page everything nor to everybody having to put art to a certain person. ^^* So I'll probably just do custom prizes, myself. XD

Now please, just don't start critiquing or complaining about the system, since it's now ELIMINATED and all. :P
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Thank you Myr ^^ She's very lovely!

Username: IceCat
E-mail: mordria@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any
Features: anything odd, other worldly, or ferrety/amoeba-e
Species: draconic (theme)
Element(s): any
Theme: ferret/amoeba/or ghost (I hope the first two aren't too odd ^^)
Name: Any
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Myrror!

Volunteer dragon for you. Maybe not quite what you were after, but he/she is blue and sorta spotty... Stats are all up to you.

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Eeeeee thank you both, Myrror and Mystic! ^.^!!!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

You're welcome, DF, and They're cute, Shiolar! My description was rather vague because I wanted people to have fun with it, so I wasn't looking for any particular tye of dragon. ^^

Anything I Shouldn't add to that dragon?
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Nope, nothing at all. It's not from any pre-defined species, so you're welcome to do whatever you want, really. Glad you like!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Hey Phe, can I post a request or do I have to wait a month?
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

You can post. I'm not going to institute the month-delay until March's exchange.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Mystic Dragon
E-mail: mystic_dragon84@yahoo.ca

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): white, blue, gray, neutral colours
Features: undead, bride-like, dark
Species: dragon
Element(s): Is Tim Burton an element?
Theme: Something Tim Burton-ish. I just finished watching the Corpse Bride, so that's where the bride aspect comes from. Go nuts with this. I'm a big fan of his work.
Name: up to you
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Ah, finally, I've been wnating to get back into this. ^^

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kitsuneko
E-mail: silver_storyteller@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Silver, White
Features: Biped, feathered or with feathered limbs, I'll leave it up to you whether it has four limbs or six
Species: Dragon, or assorted other
Element(s): Air, Ice
Theme: N/A
Name: N/A
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Sargs
E-mail: sargon_of_azon@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): blue (skin), flaming red (hair), green/brown swirled eyes. Lots of jungle colors, purples, browns..anything else that works.
Features: Big white tusks, big pointy piered ears, lip ring (optional if you don't wanna :D), sunglasses and some kind of leather belt collar. Please put some kind of tats on 'em. A [url +"http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v12/ ... se_new.jpg"]natical star[/url], a koi fish, and one that says "i <3 mom" (these are all optional, and depends really on if you feel like it). If you want to give him/her clothes, please do. Make them like this.)
Species: Anthro Draconic preferrable (possibly shifter?).
Element(s): Jungle, i guess?
Theme: Trolls/Voodoo. Anything Jamacian thrown in there, or medicine man would be great, but put kind of a new age twist on it, (ie the collar and piercings). I'd prefer to see one of two color schemes, but if you don't like them, do whatever. The first would be a green-blue body with a huge mane of red hair and thin red stripes (prefer this one male if you choose it..). The second would be a purple body with tiger-like blue stripes (this one could be female.)
Name: don't matter

See kinda what i'm getting at? :D My main WoW trollsey as a dragon. But if you don't care/don't want to, just gimme what you feel works.

yay. i'm completely off the deep end xx.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Starburst
E-mail: molly@mysticalplace.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Sky blue, white clouds, maybe gold (sunny yellow, etc.)?
Features: ears, pupilled eyes, big draconic wings (features similar to last month's dragon - click to view.)
Species: Dragon.
Element(s): Air? Light?
Theme: Day Sky
Name: I shall name. :) Unless you get a really, really good idea. Feel free to suggest names.

This dragon will be the counterpart of last month's - my Night Sky bebbie - so have fun!
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Black, Silver, Red, White
Features: Markings! Swirled or striped or spotted. Anything else is up to you.
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Any
Theme: None
Name: You can name, or I'll name once I see it