February Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

February Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Xenoqueen »

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November - Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Calico (July - Received Sherra)
Cy (January - Received Myrror)
Drakiera (August - Received Yakima)
Ereandir (July - Received DragonFlight)
GildedLilly (December - Received Cacopheny)
Keilin Alyr (June - Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May - Received Shard)
Lerial (December - Received Astra)
Silver Midnight (January - Received Astra)
StarFyre (November - Received Rachael & Silver Midnight, Self-Image Exchange)
Xalia (January - Received IceCat)
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through February 6th. Shorter month, shorter sign-up time.

Edit: Nevermind the grading system anymore. I'm gonna nix it. Too many people are disturbed in ways they don't even need to be. The new year will penalize Blacklisting by a delay in re-joining the exchange instead. But you don't need to worry about that until March, so if you were Blacklisted for January and get your image in before the 6th, you can sign up for February.

<hr>

I forgot! Here's the folks that didn't get art last month!
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: astra
E-mail: martianlunatic@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): silver and blue, or crimson and gold
Features: weapons, armor
Species: dragon
Element(s): fire perhaps?
Theme: good in alignment, crusader-esque, but in the true sense of the word, not the "I'm gonna kill you if you don't convert to my religion" sense. Justice and honor come to mind Smile
Name: you choose, or I will
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DragonFlight
E-mail: dragonflight@lostmysanity.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Greens, Browns, Black, White
Features: Anything goes, really.
Species: Something pre-existing (and dragony) if possible, but doesn't have to be.
Element(s): Earth/Plant/Flower-Based in some manner
Theme: Priest/Priestess/Shaman-type individual, of indicated element, pretty much. ^^;;;
Name: Up to you (or me)
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: IceCat
E-mail: mordria@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): any
Features: webs, spiderish preferably the Black Widow, blood, fangs
Species: Dragon
Element(s): any
Theme: Black Widow
Name: Any
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Black, Silver, Blue, Purple
Features: Markings! Swirled or striped or spotted. Anything else is up to you.
Element(s): Any
Theme: None
Name: You can name, or I'll name once I see it
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shiolar
E-mail: shiolar@uk2.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Gold, Copper, Brass, Bronze, general metallic-ness
Features: There's a particular type of wing I'd like... imagine the main wing arm, but with only one wingspar. Then the membranes on that connect to individual spars on its body, which are like extension of its ribs. There should be several of these, at least, going back to its hips. I guess it'd prolly glide rather than fly, but you never know... A nice long tail, ending in kinda finny things, and a nice big finny crest on its head and neck.
Species: Dragony
Element(s): I dunno. Pick whatever suits.
Theme: See above?
Gender: Neuter.Neuter rocks. I don't have enough neuter dragons. I don't have any...
Name: You think of something. Or I will...
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I will get my image in as soon as I can but it probably won't be in time for February's exchange. Homework is kicking my butt this term! >.<

Just wanted to say I think the ratings should be public! I've been tearing my hair out over these stupid ratings ever since I learned about them and /knowing/ what my rating is would make things easier to deal with.

Also, if we're starting over, then late images from this month won't affect a score, correct? What if blacklisted people turn in their image /after/ the new year starts? Does their new score remain unaffected?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I'm not so sure ... For one, does having the scores made public mean that it will also determine who the "better" people to be paired up with are? Just because some of us aren't as good artists as others doesn't mean it should be blasted to the entire forum. I honestly didn't know that there was any method to it, I thought the pairings were just random :lol: I dont know, it just reminds me of something from elementary school, like picking teams for gym, or ... something. I'm silly, I know. I guess publishing the scores wouldn't be SUCH a terrible thing, and it would be motivation to get images done on time, I just am against publishing who "good" people to be paired with are.

Also, Sil did do a dragon for me this time around, she just showed it to me in AIM and like an idiot I forgot to download it *facepalm* and I'd thought it would be posted. Er, sorry Sil, if you could re-send my gorgeous Aslan-dragon, I would be eternally in your debt.

And so not to double post upon myself, here is my form:

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Astra
E-mail: martianlunatic@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): silver, white, and pale blues
Features: Long, serpentine, and ... Oriental-y?
Species: Oriental Dragon
Element(s): Lunar, if that's an element. If not, water I suppose is fairly moonish, what with controlling the tides and all.
Theme: The moon, had you not guessed already :)
Name: Yue
ImageImageImage
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

**sneaks in and changes her request at the last second**

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Samber
E-mail: furrygirl89@redwall.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features: elegant shape, more' beautiful' than 'pretty' or 'cute'?
Species: pref. draconic
Element(s):
Theme: 'Wunderkind', can listen to from here, I think...
Name: something simple, elegant, classic
-----

I'd kinda like to know what my 'score' is, but I don't necessarily want everyone knowing... what if people who wanted to know could have their scores pmed to them or something?
Last edited by Samber on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Phe-ling, TyGryph turned in my December art of the geek-dragon. It's in the January signups thread, page 3 or 4 or something XD I didn't get my JANUARY art though, so whomever got me this last month should be on the blacklist, not Ty! :}

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Lakotawolf
E-mail: Lakotasilver@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Any!
Features: See theme :3
Species: Schattarneki
Theme: If at all possible/"legal", I want to see YOUR version of a Schattarneki dragon :3 You can add features, leave out features, fancy it up (just don't leave off the spike-wings!), anything you want! Schattarneki can be any colors/patterns/markings. Some quick refs for general Schattarneki body shape and features are here: http://www.theglasswolf.com/cyberpets/s ... pyiral.jpg http://www.theglasswolf.com/cyberpets/s ... yffti2.gif http://www.theglasswolf.com/cyberpets/s ... /lirfi.gif
Gender: Either, but do note: if you draw a male, male Schattarneki have "elbow spikes" on their front legs (i.e., Lir-fi above); females do not. This is the only evidence of dimorphism between genders :3
Name: Anything, but must be in traditional Schattarneki format: name-name, i.e., Harr-fay, Janst-dars, Stupid-face... LOLZ
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I didn't say I'd make the scores public. I said I'd make the grading scale public. Big difference. I don't want to make the scores public for exactly the reasons Astra said, but sharing the scale is a totally different thing. :P

As for the blacklist and new year, yes, late images for this final month won't have any effect on the new year's score.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Then yes to that as well, I want the grading scale. Is there any way we can apply to you to see what score we got for a particular dragon? Wouldn't make you dig up old scores but rather when we submit a dragon that we're particularly proud of can we request the score from you to see how we did?

Yes, I'm conceited and suspicious...I want to know how well I did and be able to contest a score I don't agree with...not knowing the scores leaves me feeling like everyone hates my art because I must be scoring badly...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

I'd have no problem seeing the scoring scale XD
Lakota Windfang Sheean,

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'd like to see the scoring scale too, but I am and have been kind of concerned that it *is* very one-sided. I had thought up until you first announced it that pairings were indeed random, and I'd prefer if they were. The only stipulation I'd say is 'don't dupilcate pairs'. But since other folks seem mostly okay with it I will go with whatever is decided. I just don't like the thought of being graded on something that I was unaware was a test. <- and yes that's how it felt to me when I found out.

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shard
E-mail: kshau_protecetorate@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): browns, blacks, tan
Features: ... Sangerdragon!
Species: whatever - gryphon, dragon, wyvern, etc, I've done many myself but whatever seems to float your boat.
Element(s): electricity if anything
Theme: Sanger. http://www.geocities.com/alabaster_riders/sangers/ is the main bunch of em. I will be using this as a candidate or sponsor somewhere.
--- Tan/olive skin (main color) may be brown or darker (from 'mushroom doesn't get outside much from the Lab - to Black Panther Black)
--- Black hair / plumage / accessories
--- Blue eyes <-- gotta have those
--- Dark nails / claws
Gender: MALE. :) Or if really pressed, whatever suits the image/creature. I've done a few 'different' ones recently.
Name: something Sangerish. If you can come up with a good one, that's great, otherwise I have a name generator for them. Kal, Van, Ist, Luc and such are all common for him, in whatever combination sounds neat.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Well I'd like to make it clear that the grades aren't based on skill and never were. It's an effort-based system that Terry came up with, and pretty much everybody has a high score except where being repeatedly late brought them down. If you ask me, if you thought it was random before and never noticed something odd, that means it was working.

It's a straightforward thing. New images earn more points than templates. Shaded images earn more points than unshaded ones. Patterned creatures earn more than solid ones. Then there's tiny bonuses for things like animation, backgrounds, multiple images, or having multiple critters in the same image.

The system makes sense to me which is why I continued it when Terry handed the controls to me, since there's really no other way to reward or punish people for good or bad effort. Though I suppose if people are that upset by it, we can revert to pure random match-ups, with being Blacklisted punished by not being able to rejoin the exchange until the month after they finally turn their image in?

Like I said, I've just been continuing what was in place when I took over, but I'll adapt the method if everybody really doesn't like it. I don't like making waves. :)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

And to Lakota, cleared Ty's name, and your January dragon was right here. :)
IceCat wrote:Lakota!

Here is my version. I think I left out a few features but I hope you like her. Also I've never seen a picture of them ever on their hind legs but I liked this pose. ^^

http://mordria.byethost22.com/sch.png

Name: You choose
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Actually, now I sort of like the scale thing >_> Lets me know some ideas to make my images better - work on shading - that sort of thing! :D
Lakota Windfang Sheean,

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Exactly what Phe said. o_o It's just so that people who have spent more time on their exchange-chosen one (Say, they did a full scale background image with multiple, animated characters) wouldn't (hopefully) get partnered up with someone else who tends to use pre-made templates on a regular basis. Those are extremes, of course, but I hope it illustrates the point. :3 That's why it also seems a bit random.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

This might sound really dumb, but...

We can make backgrounded images?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yeah! Lerial did one for Phe's phantom-dragon the first time around... I think that's why I added that to the grading scale in the first place. XD Just because it takes so much more effort to include it, then make a blank background.

Btw, Phe, good idea to ask. o_O" It hadn't crossed my mind beforehand. ^^;
Cacopheny
Dragon

Re: February Dragon Exchange - Sign-ups to Feb. 6th

Post by Cacopheny »

That's a pretty good grading scale, actually. Very impartial ^^ Can't see how that would make anyone nervous at all XD

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Cacopheny
E-mail: cacopheny@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: Up to you. I will say I like weird features, though ^^
Species: I prefer something that already exists or can be a mix of something that already exists (easier to come up with plots that way, since they have a setting and all), but it doesn't hafta be; I'm easy ^^
Element(s): Up to you
Theme: Yay more music! This month, it's Joni Mitchel's Court and Spark. Right click to save as, please, so you don't kill my bandwidth trying to listen to it from my site.
Gender: Male (unless you work it from the singer's perspective, I suppose, in which case it'd be female)
Name: Up to you, or I'll pick
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Asha Wermyst
E-mail: mor1m0t0@alltel.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Silver, orange, green, black
Features: Horns, spikes, teeth. No wings. Firey mane-type stuff. Oriental-style.
Element(s): Fire!
Theme: Oriental goodness....or, rather, evilness.
Last edited by Asha Wermyst on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

In all the discussion, forgot my own entry. Themeswitch!

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Xenoqueen (Phoenix)
E-mail: thexenoqueen@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Any
Features: Any
Species: Any
Theme: Moral ambiguity! See, I'm working on a sub/secondary agency to play contrast to the Destiny, as well as give me a place to play with creatures that Doctor Schroeder's morals would object to. >3 But it needs a cast! And making up my own slew of characters just isn't fun, especially when aboard the Destiny, Schroeder himself is pretty much the only character I made up myself (outside of dragons I kept from my own clutches).

So the counter-agency, with the working-name Twisted Fate, needs a crew. In that regard, you have free reign to design what you wish! A dragon for me to attach a bonder to, an alienish critter, any sort of sentient creature... don't feel limited to "dragon", and go wild if you like! And the theme is "moral ambiguity" because the general feel of Twisted Fate is a place without conscience-- hence, free reign for me to do whatever I want, in contrast to Schroeder's very potent sense of good! XD

And if you happen to think of a personality and/or backstory for the image along the way, I'll take that, too! I have fun running with ideas I get from other people. :D

What tiny crew there is so far: http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/S ... /index.htm
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Dangit... Phe, even if I don't get assigned your image this month, I want to make a crewmember anyway XD XD
Lakota Windfang Sheean,

DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DragonFlight
E-mail: dragonflight@lostmysanity.net

BIG HUGE EDIT! I CHANGED MY MIND!!!!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Dark, probably including black and red....
Features: Sexiness!
Species: Something dragon-y. Interpret how you will. (Yes, bipedal or anthro is fine with me too. :D)
Element(s): ....
Theme: VINCENT VALENTINE. Cause February has Valentine's Day in it. XD Here's a link to a statue of him (which I have, hehehe) - http://members.tripod.com/~euphoria48/VincentStatue.jpg - and if you actually need references, google 'Vincent Valentine' and/or 'Dirge Of Cerberus' (EEEEEEEE It's coming out soon!) and you'll get plenty of pictures. Don't forget the claw! XD
Name: Your choice, or I can come up with something.
Last edited by DragonFlight on Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Sherra
E-mail: Rezogrl2000@aol.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Lots of black, maybe a little white for contrast
Features: Feather-wings, maybe torn up ones. Maybe ghostly/wraithy. Possibly undead, but not rotting...
Species: avian dragon!
Element(s): Night, darkness, death....
Theme: This one anime character I adooooooore! XD I've gotten a few dragons that are round-about representations of him, but I'm going more forward about it this time. His name is Ukoku Sanzo (or Dr. Nii) and here are some pics! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/h ... kulook.jpg
http://sfusion.spymac.com/image/zsjun_colour01.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/h ... smexhy.gif
and wears something like this underneath his (black) robes: http://images.quizilla.com/O/orphen0071 ... rtrait.jpg
and stuff like that (except all black) when he is official: http://www.gensomaden-saiyuki.net/Galle ... anzo76.jpg
Ok, this isn’t him, but he carries these magic scriptures that go FWOOM! Maybe they could be incorporated as wings or something? I could deal with that instead of feathers... here is someone else using some of the same types of artifacts:
http://www.sushicereal.com/saiyuki/scre ... ening8.jpg

Name: I’m tempted to go with Nacht... but I’ll decide upon seeing da critter! ^^ Unless you have a brilliant idea, for an evil-insane-charismatic-genius dragon!

(and sorry for the longness.... I got carried away! XD)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

LakotaWolf wrote:Dangit... Phe, even if I don't get assigned your image this month, I want to make a crewmember anyway XD XD
::laughs:: Well, you're certainly welcome to? Wouldn't be the first time my theme has inspired people whether they got me or not. XD (Seriously, both my Phantom and insect themes caused random giftage. So entertaining!)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

And thanks to Myrror for reminding me to put up the requests that weren't drawn last month. XD Those are now appended to the first post.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

And here's three volunteer piccies (because it would be silly to draw myself one)

IceCat:

DragonFlight:

Shiolar:

They're all dragon whorlings, you can choose gender and abilities and anything else (and Shiolar? Dragon Whorlings can be neuter, if you wish)
ImageImageImageImageImage
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

Ooooh... nice job on those, Myr! That Shiolar one is especially cool! ^^
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Hey Phe, dearheart? You forgot me. >P I'm late. But he's almost done. *self incrimination!* I had Astra, she could use some extra images, hey? ^^
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Thanks, Sherra ^^

And since Sil said so, here;s a dragon whorling for Astra too

ImageImageImageImageImage
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: jess d
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): red, purple, valentine-type colors (but not too much pink please)
Features: fur, wings are optional
Species: draconic or feline (or both)
Element(s): romance (I know, not really an element, but...)
Theme: love (think aphrodite, or cupid)
Name: up to you, or I'll think of something later
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Going to sit this month out again.. my irrational fear of being graded is still holding out XD; Plus I feel really guilty that it takes me forever to get my exchange dragons up.. eh heh..

EDIT: Er, and my comment honestly wasn't meant to be inflammatory or critical or anything.. >_>; Sorry?
Last edited by Skysong on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Well you know what? Even if only a few people are disturbed by the grading, that's a few too many for me. So no more effort-grading system. I'll use my old chart through this month, but I'll assign names at random and ignore the scores. Then next month will be a totally clean slate and Blacklist penalties will instead be a delay in re-joining the Exchange.

So... no being late for this round, or else you can't join in March, okay?