July Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I know the books, but the only one I got the read was Bazil Broketail
ImageImageImageImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*squeep, hands Myrror a cookie* Yep! ^.^ I love the series. Unfortunately, I -somehow- managed to avoid getting the 4th book. Which is like... major "augh!" moment because I remember looking at Battledragon a few years ago and thinking "hmm.. do I have this book? I don't recall..." and then putting it back on the shelf. And now no one sells it! AUGH! *twitchconvulsedie*

-StarFyre
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I probably wouldn't be able to find the books now---it's been AGES since I last read that. Probably a good decade
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Hadn't read the series you two speak of, though yes to Joust, and if anyone recalls Heart's Blood...

Absolutely fabulous dragons! I was pleasantly shocked seeing them! Heh, lucky people. =D
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Chris Rowley's books are all over Amazon.com :}

A lot of people have good quality "used" ones that you can get for way cheaper than mass paperback price.

I used to have a bunch of his books myself (including Battledragon), but my dad borrowed them years ago and now he can't communicate with me to tell me what he did with them :/ I'm considering buying the whole set again. If anyone isn't able to order off of Amazon for various reasons, I'm willing to do some favors and order books for people :}
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I can't order off of amazon when I don't have gift certificates or when the things are being sold by private vendors =P I just don't have a credit card and my parents don't often buy me stuff from online unless it's Christmas time.

It's not that my parents -mind- me getting random packages (.. *coughs* as long as they aren't from Singapore ^^;; ), as I've discovered by buying stuff from Ebay through the miracle of money orders, but... yeah. *laughs*

Rachael: And yes, Heart's Blood was a good series too, I own all of them.

And you know, if we're going to be discussing books, maybe we should take it to another thread? =P

-StarFyre
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

FUZZY!
I got you! *throws pokeball*

Colours: peach, pink, fuschia and deep "burnt purple"
Features: Hawk Feathered wings and tail, seashell coating, rough pinecone pathces of skin
Species : 100% Azonese Firebite! (see below for personalityness..)
Theme : Seashell/pinecone.feather dragoness
Name: Federan (german for feathered + azonese ending)

Personality and extra stuff: since she's a 100% firebite that means she's going to have a hell of a temper. Firebites are known for such, and usually the lighter color (i.e. hotter the fire..) the more tempermental. Peachy pink will land her at "scroching bitch" ;). Her beauty also gives her reason to be vain, not to mention so of her unique aspects, such as the short tail and feathed wings. Her front facial horns, shaped like conk shells suggest that perhaps her blood lingers more on the greenhorn side, but her icy superior attitude completey overrides that. She knows she's a sight to below and flaunts it....but enver lets the boys get any. :X

Those rough patches on her skin, near her chin, on her short tail, and on the tops of her feet remind people of the rough nubs on pine cones, whatever the color they are. There's no doubt that the strange almost floral symbol on her chest is from a Sanddollar, though at first glance it looks rather odd, being orange and all. Her skin is slightly textured, like grains of sand and seawater, but those small bumps make it shine even more in the sunlight.

:D yay. Hope you like her, that was hard! And sorry it's done traditionally, i wouldn't have been able to do it digitally working on the scheduale i am at the moment. All that coloring was hand done at TumbleDrum when i was supposed to be checking in parties :D. YAY SARGON CAN MANAGE TIME GOOOD. *runs around in circles*

Oh yeah, one more thing: since she's pure firebite, she's not allowed to biosynth and you'd have to ask me before breeding her anywhere. some firebite genes aren't compatible with oher dragon genes. :/

*lovelove*
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

Oh and here's the "preview" image i'm gonna use when i upload it elsewhere. :D just in case:
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

O_________________________________________O;;

HOLYFREAKINGTURDS!!!!!! O.O

That's mine!? That's really MINE?!~?!!! AEEE!!!!! O_______O

(dies)

*stops staring for a sec after several minutes*

*___* Sargon, you are a minigoddess. Federan is better than anything I had ever even visualized. Aeeeeeeeeeee~~ =drools=

So. Freaking. Awesome. *zooms into his webpage editor to update*

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUOMFGAEEEEEE! =squish hugs=
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Fuzzy wrote:O_________________________________________O;;

HOLYFREAKINGTURDS!!!!!! O.O

That's mine!? That's really MINE?!~?!!! AEEE!!!!! O_______O

(dies)

*stops staring for a sec after several minutes*

*___* Sargon, you are a minigoddess. Federan is better than anything I had ever even visualized. Aeeeeeeeeeee~~ =drools=

So. Freaking. Awesome. *zooms into his webpage editor to update*

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUOMFGAEEEEEE! =squish hugs=
XD that so would have been my reaction!
That bebbie kicks ass, Sargs! Love the look in her eye XD
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Lerial, I got you! *bounces a pokeball off your head*
Lerial wrote: ~ABOUT YOU~

Your username: Lerial
E-mail address (so we can send the desc more in secret):
shadow_cave@yahoo.com
Do you plan on drawing a new image, or colouring a pre-existing
template?: New!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Anything
Features: Anything
Species (optional): Preferably Draconic, but I suppose anything will go
Element(s) (optional): Anything
Theme (optional): "Polyamorous" by Breaking Benjamin
Gender (optional): Anything
Name (optional): You choose, let me choose when I see it, whatever

I'll upload an MP3 when I either download a good version of it or
download an wma-mp3 converter. If anyone's got a good one let me know,
if you'd please
This guy was a bit harder to come up with then the last one. I liked the song, so I was able to play it over and over again. It gave me an image concept, but sadly I couldn't think of another personality wise other then sheer stubbornness.

This guy has been through Hell, probably a few times. He's been beaten down, torn apart, chained up, and sat on Death's doorstep until he was chased away with a cane. As you can see, he's had his wings torn off and wears a collar from one of his many exploits. All I can think of is that he's chasing something that is so important to him, so life-consuming, that he would put himself through all these tortures just to get it. He's THAT determined.

Name and so on are up to you.

https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Mystic Dragon wrote:Lerial, I got you! *bounces a pokeball off your head*
Lerial wrote: ~ABOUT YOU~

Your username: Lerial
E-mail address (so we can send the desc more in secret):
shadow_cave@yahoo.com
Do you plan on drawing a new image, or colouring a pre-existing
template?: New!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Anything
Features: Anything
Species (optional): Preferably Draconic, but I suppose anything will go
Element(s) (optional): Anything
Theme (optional): "Polyamorous" by Breaking Benjamin
Gender (optional): Anything
Name (optional): You choose, let me choose when I see it, whatever

I'll upload an MP3 when I either download a good version of it or
download an wma-mp3 converter. If anyone's got a good one let me know,
if you'd please
This guy was a bit harder to come up with then the last one. I liked the song, so I was able to play it over and over again. It gave me an image concept, but sadly I couldn't think of another personality wise other then sheer stubbornness.

This guy has been through Hell, probably a few times. He's been beaten down, torn apart, chained up, and sat on Death's doorstep until he was chased away with a cane. As you can see, he's had his wings torn off and wears a collar from one of his many exploits. All I can think of is that he's chasing something that is so important to him, so life-consuming, that he would put himself through all these tortures just to get it. He's THAT determined.

Name and so on are up to you.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ooooooohhh!
Now he is cool!
*tacklehug* thank you!
Interesting interpretation of the song, I had the whole 'polyamorous friend' bit in mind... I like him though! yay!
Now... what is he searching for....
A captive friend/mentor/king/queen/lover? A nemesis?
Love him, if you didn't notice XD
-mew.

Firestone Weyr
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Okay, SARGON. I really really hope you like this. It's not exactly what you asked for, but after four different sketches and a lot of minor frustration, this was the closest I could get ^^'

Colour(s): neon green, orange, black, purple
Features: hooves, feathers, fur tufts, cyborware, double wings
Species (optional): draconic
Element(s) (optional): acid, chemicals
Theme (optional): Neon Cyborware
Gender (optional): He looks rather male, to me ^^
Name (optional): Biohexian. or something else. Throw ltin prefixes together (I don't know what Itin is, so... o.o you can name him what you please ^^ )

All righty, character specs. He was the runt of his clutch, somewhat deformed and somewhat sickly looking-- hence the skeletal look. Instead of getting bitter, or pulling through with optimism, he decided to go for the scary, mechanical-grunge look. He pulls it off well: he certainly comes across as scary, rather than That central "wing" (he only has one; largely because the idea of trying to draw another one behind the first boggled my mind... XD ), all those orange globules and lines, the green tips to his hooves, and the panelling on his wings are all cyborware, but the double-set of wings, the feathers, and the tentacles on his tail (fully dexterous, by the way!) are all natural. I think his green glowy eyes are cyborware, too, but you can have them be natural, if you like ^^ I think he's an Atuan mutt of some sort (hence all the cyborware), so he prolly needs a bond, but you can make him something else, if you'd rather ^^

Abilities are: he's good with chemicals, whether magically or just well-educated, and he has powerful telekinesis. After all, those tiny wings wouldn't hold him up without some help! And, well, anything else you might wish to apply to him ^^

I really hope you like, Sargon ^^'

Many, many thanks to Phoenix for helping make the neon look neon again after scanning (gotta love realmedia washouts : P ), and for .gif-izing for me!

Man. First I torture myself with white, and now with black XD I wonder what else this exchange'll throw at me?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

holy crap....
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Shard wrote:holy crap....
agreed.
kick ass, Cacopheny.
You win :P
-mew.

Firestone Weyr
nikks
Egg

Post by nikks »

Starburst wrote:Nikks, I got you this time around.

What you said:
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): blue and orange
Features: very flashy or showy or outrageous like peacock feathers or
spikes or glitter or sparkles or something similar
Species (optional): dragon
Element(s) (optional): any
Theme (optional): not really
Gender (optional): male
Name (optional): you choose
What I say:
Name: Kindi Sunspark
Features: Feathery wings, points, head-feathers.
Colours: Orange-pointed Blue
Species: Dragon
Abilities: Firebreath, Waterbreath, Psionics, Fire Control, Feather Control (he can manipulate his own feathers).

It's a .png because it was a really crappy .gif. Enjoy.
[/quote]

YAY!!!!! Thank you he is great :)
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

<b>fuzzy</b>: no problem ^^; i'm glad you're happy! *hug*

<b>Cacopheny</b> DAMN!

I mean...

DAMN!

He's freaking gorgeous, i love the pose, and great usage of colored pencils! He's so nifty, and everything i asked for and more! i love the mech wing ;_; what a freaking sweet idea! i love him SOOO MUCH *pounce hug tackle love of doom*
Nyx
Fledgling

Post by Nyx »

*speechless*
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

oh and btw.
i meant latin. don't know where the f the la went xx;

.hahha..

*still in stunned shock*

hahaha..
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

:: giggles :: I am so glad you like him! ^^ He was a challenge, I'll tell you that-- that you're so pleased makes it all worthwhile : )

You're very welcome! :: glees ::
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Naeodin, I'm going to tell you right now I don't like it personally. I could have done better. Of course, I had to settle for crappy PSP effect (Photoshop has a better belevel effect then PSP), so it's hardly what I wanted for this dragon.
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Reds blacks and golds and purples.
Features: Additional tattoos/jewellry, very harem esque.
Species (optional): just big enough to carry people.
Element(s) (optional): water?
Theme (optional): fickleness! hmmm...

all optiona ('course, right?)

Gender (optional): male? oooh.
Name (optional): n/a
Name: Up to you but check the Wiki (as I can't find the link, well, lost it), for the name ending for the Water Dragons
Species: Trevalian Water Dragon
Height: 5 feet
Magic: Water
Features: Two Chinese tattoos on shouder and left wing, and a tiger/dragon on side (I wanted to do more but PSP is terrible at what I needed it to do...and there was so much on him already I would have gotten confused because it was too complicated!
Personality: Up to you.

Hope you like at least...But this is what the Trevalian Water Dragon looks like, but more like this shade (obviously that guy up there is very special):

~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

Hey--I like that! Good job, Yakima! The fins remind me of a seahorse. ^_^
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

.... o.0

Yakima, I in loooove~~!! XD XD

Thank you!!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

x_O I know for sure that I'm going to be late with my submission this month. I have the image sketched out, but inked? No. Coloured? Heck no. >.<' I'm on a real-life-doing-things spree atm, so I'm afraid that neither of the above two things is going to be done in two days. I'm sorry, to my chosen one! I'll try to make up for it once I actually get to finishing it, but for now... x_O' *can't believe she's going to have to blacklist herself* It's funny and sad at the same time.

To everyone else, the exchange will be closing on Thursday, or in a couple of days. A shoutout to the folks I haven't seen images from, yet, to let you know that you still have a couple of days! If you're on the list unrightly, poke me and lemme know, because I haven't seen your image, yet!

Tygryph
Sherra
Skysong
Mystic
Ereandir
Calico
Nikks
Lerial
(and me, duh. XD)

I'm thinking of retiring the exchange for the next round... It seems like more and more people are submitting late images and such, and I don't feel like harassing people. I'm also going to be insanely busy (what is this 'real life' that you speak of?! O_o''), so I won't have time to keep track of who submits and who doesn't!

If anyone's interested in taking over, and if there's a general response of interest, I can pass on all of the records that I have (I have a system worked out so that people never get paired twice, and so that people who put a frickload of effort into their images (usually) get paired with others who spend a similar amount of effort on theirs, and is pretty much unbiased...), or people can set up their own trades or whatever folks decide.

That's all for now! ^_^ Some pretty cool dragons in this round. Very nifty![/list]
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Mine's all drawn and inked, it's just going to be a total pain in the arse to color x_x Hopefully it won't be late.. still two days to go..
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Mystic has hers in, on page 3, for Lerial
Nikks's pic is one Page 1, for Kitsuneko
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I'll take over for ya, Ter. :)
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I'm not on that list and should be...but my image should be submitted later today...

Phe already offered but I don't mind helping out too...I haven't been too good about it this month but usually I keep track of who's submitted and everything, so if anyone needs help keeping track I'd be glad to help! :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

I'm working on colouring mine ^^ love the way the lineart turned out, so hopefully I won't be late...
-mew.

Firestone Weyr
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

StarFyre!

I am SO sorry this took me so long...I've had ideas for it since I got the assignment but nothing I tried worked. I'm still not 100% happy with the line art I did, but it looks much better with color, so I hope you like it!

I'm not entirely sure what this guy is, so feel free to make up everything about him! Only stats he has right now is that he's male, and his name is Loide!

Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon