July Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Whoa! Now that's cool! *SNUG*

..I suppose you'd be wanting some of him back? ^.~
ImageImageImageImageImage
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Okay, that is just too cool looking, Phoenix! Awesome concept too. And here I was, about to resume Xalia's exchange dragon...

I think I'll wait until it doesn't get too outshined by that beauty. *chuckles lightly*
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Myrror wrote:..I suppose you'd be wanting some of him back? ^.~
That would be lovely, yes. :D

And thankya, Keilin! Though I'm sure yours will be awesome, too. Everybody here does awesome stuff. :3
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Awesome job Phe!

And get to work Keilin! I can't wait to see what you came up with! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

*pokes her previous two Exchange dragons* Maybe they wouldn't be so bad, if I could do something other than flat coloration with colored pencils. Ah well... I hope you'll like it. It'll definitely be fun to biosynth, that's for sure. ^_^;
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Xenoqueen wrote:Heyla Myrror! Gotcher multi-headed dragon here!

Name: Up to you
Species: Conscience Hydra
Size: 10'0" tall
Colour: Purple-striped Blue

I based this fellow off of a dream I had just a few days before the exchange began and I got your name. And since my dream-critter fit your request perfectly, it's turned into your request critter!

As you see, I have dubbed him a "Conscience Hydra". All three of the main heads have the same personality, and are neutral in alignment. The tail-heads also have the same basic personality, but the white head possesses the hydra's good urges, while the black head has the hydra's evil urges. When the hydra is debating an action or opinion or whatever, the tail-heads curl up over its "shoulders", one to each side, and debate it between the neutral heads-- so it's like it has a warring shoulder angel and shoulder devil, or good and bad conscience. Hence, Conscience Hydra. But don't confuse it with a multi-personality hydra! All the heads have the same name, same gender, and same personality-- it's just the aspects of the persona portrayed that differ.

Also, the hydra's "feet" are actually hands, and fully capable of holding and manipulating objects.
!!!
That's brilliant, Phe! I love it! ^_^ Nice work
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Heh, all praise of the concept goes entirely to my subconscious! X3 I dreamt I was bonded to a five-headed (conscience-heads excluded) one of these guys. XD
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I've named him Quilibrise, and he's here, quicky page.

http://www.edgeofshadows.com/ShadowEdge ... brise.html

You want me to send in a formal form for the Biopool, or you just wanna snag it from here? ^.^
ImageImageImageImageImage
Drakiera
Hatchling

Post by Drakiera »

Oh ... PHOENIX!

...I spent more time on this guy than anything else before. x.x; Hope he's to your liking!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Golden with cloud-mane and mood-fire
Species: Eastern-esque
Element(s) (optional): Elemental, biased toward storms and other 'noisy' weather types, Music. Can size-shift and shape-shift (to a mostly human form, where he retains horn nubs, his mane, and tattoos on his shoulders and thighs in the pattern and colour of his body-fire)
Theme: Phantom of the Opera
Name: The Gold Phantom (could probably be yellow or Yellow-Gold or somesuch ...)

This Phantom is covered in fine, yellow-golden fur that occasionally sparks with energy. His mane is soft to the touch and fluctuates in colour from white to black, depending on his energy status (white indicates that he's operating at full capacity, black means he's utterly drained and must recharge). His body-fire, likewise, flickers between white and black as well, although this is a more accurate reflection of his mood. It's entirely possible for his mane to be brilliant white, while his body-fire burns black -- such a situation means that he's at full power and in a deep rage or emotional 'pit' (which can be depression, sorrow, or artistic funk). His fires may dim if he's at particularly low levels of energy, while they may expand when he's operating at full magic ... if pressed too hard, he 'erupts' in a colourful display of his body-fire. This feat costs him a great deal of energy and causes amnesia; he'll do it and forget why. What he does in such a state varies upon his mood, of course ... most of the time, though, both his mane and fire flow between various shades of blue.

Recharging his magical stores requires basking in a source of any kind of energy, although relaxing in the midst of a storm or while listening to music tends to be the most effective way for him to renew his energy.

He is more musically minded than the other Phantoms as well, lending his rich, bell-like voice to most forms of music. His dextrous hands and mobile mouth also allow him to manipulate most instruments.

--Drakiera
~Mythicalae~
http://www.mythicalae.com/
~Wyld Whirls~
http://www.mythicalae.com/shivran/wyld/whirl.html
"I think I just had an evilgasm." - Lord Xykon
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Drakiera wrote:Oh ... PHOENIX!
::squeaks and babbles and points and cackles and tries to explain her Phantom collection to the friend she has over and claps and points and cackles more:: Hooray, eastern-y gold Phantom! Complete with all kinds of extra-detail-notes goodness, too! Wheeeee! ^_______^ Thank yooooooou thankyouthankyouthankyou thank you! And thus is my collection complete! ::latchsnugs:: Wow, time to make my Raoul-spoof. o_o Time flies!

::goes back to cackling and drapes Gold around her shoulders like a giant feather boa:: I love him! He's perfect! ^___^ Whee!
Myrror wrote:You want me to send in a formal form for the Biopool, or you just wanna snag it from here? ^.^
::cackles:: I snag. x3 Woo!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

TyGryph!

Colour(s): I'm open to anything (but incase "whatever" as an answer
bugs you, my favorite colors are blue, green and purple, with Silver
as a favorite metal/color added.)
Features: Beads, Feathers, maybe gems?
Species (optional): Gryphon preferred, but I will gladly accept
anything.
Element(s) (optional):
Theme (optional): Fancy. Like s/he's off to a Formal... Like s/he's
had a pedicure, and his/her coat shampooed and feathers preened and
oiled and is at his/her physical best. Like a Show Aminal. Like the
most supurb and gorgeous creature of his/her type and race.
Gender (optional):
Name (optional): If you don't name him/her, I will.

I basically just went with the griffin theme... I have never drawn one before, so it is a bit simplistic. Hope you like. ^ ^

All info is up to you!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

That's so pretty! I love the pose, like, "I'm going to smack you. Right after I preen."
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Annnnd, STARBURST, Molly I got you in the Nexus exchange this month!

you said:
ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Anything - preferably a mixture. Or chameleon. Chameleon is
good.
Features: Serpentine body, "floaty" wings (like Yulisath's clutch at
SCD).
Species (optional): Eastern dragon.
Element(s) (optional): None.
Theme (optional): None.
Gender (optional): Whatever you think it should be.
Name (optional): You can make one, but make it sound Eastern if you
do. Otherwise, let me do the honours.

Well I didn't quite get the chameleon thing really well but it does shift! Please have fun naming and such, it does look like a male to me but if you think female (or whatever) then it's ... whatever! :)

Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Rachael
Dragon

Kless!

Post by Rachael »

Attention Kless!

Woo! This took me a long time. First to find a concept, and then after that concept had mutated enough, to end up inking a concept, and eventually scanning in said concept and commencing coloring. Which must be done, otherwise... Why am I posting this? ^__~

Okay, since people are posting their images at the bottom and putting information first, here goes:

~ABOUT YOU~

Your username: Kless
E-mail address (so we can send the desc more in secret): kless59@yahoo.com
Do you plan on drawing a new image, or colouring a pre-existing template?: new

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Reds, Browns, Natural COlors
Features: Whip, Shoulder Armor, Gauntlet, Leatheresque Skirt, Silkish Top-sash
Species (optional): Goddess. =P
Element(s) (optional): She is not an elemental, per say.
Theme (optional): Er... Lust. >__>
Gender (optional): Female (Capable of changing genders)
Name (optional): Kali Ba Anat (Change, certainly, if this name royally sucks. ^__^)

Okay, the hardcore stuff.

Let's start by explaining what she is. As the Goddess of Lust, she caters to the carnal... And the bloodthirsty. She is a goddess of revenge, very physically strong, with strong psyonic attacks as well. She is persuasive, and all encompassing, and seductive. She is like a fever in the veins, and a cold shiver travelling up the spine.

She has no eyes. No, just hollows where eyes could be. For those pursuing vengence, they call her Justice. (For Justice is Blind... Okay, terrible joke. =P) She is anthropomorphic, and has two other forms. One being a fully humanoid, the other draconic. In humanoid form, her face changes to resemble a Romanesque profile and her clawed hands turn into human hands, though they still lack a fifth finger and she still does not have eyes. Her coloration does not change. In draconic form, her wings are a somewhat sickening, somewhat alluring mix of feathers and skin. The feathers on her shoulder and tied onto the white shocks of hair are from her draconic form. In her current form, she has scars where her wings would sprout. Her skin in all forms is leathery soft.

She is a demanding goddess, but since powers are important here, let me go ahead and dive into them. You have leeway, but she does not speak verbally - though she might "scream," it is without words and often silently. Her speech is psyonic, and feels velvety and dangerous. (Iron hand clad in velvet.) Lust comes in many forms - that for power, that for carnal satisifaction, that for blood. Low and behold, these may cross each other, though she holds them all in her own right. She is able to "choke" the powers of mortals and gods alike - in the case of gods, temporarily, in the case of mortals... It depends on what, and who, they are. This means she more or less makes them incapable of using their powers. To prevent her from using this ability for ill, she has a keen sense of what is fair and not. Not to an individual, but on a broad scale. (On the other hand, she can bolster powers for those in her favor.) She is quick, she is deadly, she is seductive. She can drain others of their energy to bolster her own. She is capable of casting "wild" magic - she has no spells, per say, just an ability to use psyonics to manipulate things already in existence - including mages to use their powers (and them).

She is not a goddess of Love. She could care less about love. Love doesn't have any meaning to her. She does not understand the concept, or the word. She understands lust, power, vengence, fairness, justice, and mercy. Maybe hunger, too, but not for food necessarily.

So, well, everything else is up to you. ^__^; I hope you like her!

Last edited by Rachael on Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

*Jaw drops* Awesome....just awesome....eveything, the image, the information behind her. *Is speechless* Thanks Rachael, I think she's going to quickly become a favorite feature in my future stories.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Dang. Wow. Great work!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Kless wrote:*Jaw drops* Awesome....just awesome....eveything, the image, the information behind her. *Is speechless* Thanks Rachael, I think she's going to quickly become a favorite feature in my future stories.
Oh, good! I wasn't sure if you'd like her or not. ^__^;;; Offhand, she can breed (if such a want were to ever be arrived at) though she is as likely to force males to have a false womb as impregnate females. (Dodgeball quote, modified - "Nobody makes me birth my own brood!") Though none would be "gods" unless she's, erm, getting busy with a god. And she likes to - carnal lust and all. Just imagine her sacrifices... :: whistles innocently, skipping away ::
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

O.o (not just trembling temple virgins for this one)...anyway, I hope you don't mind if I snag Kali's info to post when I get her up on a page? I'll credit you of course but you wrote quite a powerful description. (One which I think I'd only mess up if I attempted to rewrite it) Btw is her name from a another language or just something you came up with? My characters will probably just refer to her as She *shivershiver* or something but I was wondering.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Hee, feel free to. You might want to correct a few of those typos. ^__^;; I admit, I'm terrible. Prolly will try and edit them out in a moment.

Her name was a conglomerative of three different names that caught my eyes on a Goddess name website. So looking for them individually would likely turn up results. =D
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

aireona93 wrote:I basically just went with the griffin theme... I have never drawn one before, so it is a bit simplistic. Hope you like. ^ ^
I do like! All lovely and fluffy. ^_^ Thank you!

(I'm a bit behind... heh. but it's only the 13th, so I've got plenty of time yet...)
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Jess D!
I got you!
Your username: jess dougherty
E-mail address (so we can send the desc more in secret): jld77084@yahoo.com
Do you plan on drawing a new image, or colouring a pre-existing
template?: it depends, probably new

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): any
Features: furry
Species (optional): selampotato
Element(s) (optional):
Theme (optional): godzilla(original), king ghidorah (if a selampotato
is out of the question)
Gender (optional): either
Name (optional): up to you

my fiance really wants a selampotato, so I told him I'd request one.
If you'd rather do something else though, that's great too
Tada! I hope I didn't disappoint. ^^;;

(Yes, she's doing the anime-style happy face. ^.^)

Name: Jiibi Selampotato
Species: Selampotato

Jiibi is a rather fun-loving gal. No one knows where she came from - heck, she doesn't even seem to remember, but the slightly-pudgy, furry little lady won't let that get her down. She flies pretty well for having undersized wings, much in the manner a bumblebee might.

Jiibi adores sweets. She even claims that her name, Jiibi (pronounced Gee-Bee/G.B.) stands for 'Jellybean'. (She also claims to look more like a jellybean than a potato, too.) No one can tell if she's telling the truth about that, though. O.o;;;

Also available in JPG format, the colors are a little nicer. ^^;;
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Ooooooh, she's cute! Thank you! Now, who to give her to...
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Hey, Dray, just to warn you Yakima might not make this round until she gets Photoshop back so she has a nice looking effect for part of it. I have the computer back (I'll ignore the fact I'm distracted by the icon program I have for a 30 day trial...), butas PSP has evil effects for part of it, and I refuse to do it by hand, it will be a while...sorry. Money issues, too.

I'll get it to my person but it will be a while before I get the tools I need...*slumps*
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*creeps in, trying to do the 'hide present behind the back' thing... not managing very well.. of course, the fact that said present towers over her head isn't helping*

Hey, get down!

Dragon: ..... *sigh* Crouching down to your size isn't easy, you know.

Bah! ... >.> ... <.< Anyway! Drakiera! I have a surprise for ye!

Name: Up to you
Colors: Sky and Water (basically, a whole bunch of blue =P)
Features: Bipedral, armor-wearing, massive swords, shield-which-is-not-shown-because-I'm-lazy-and-hate-drawing-shields (especially with a pose like this), prehensile and very agile tail
Species: Battledragon
Size: About 11 to 12' tall when standing fully erect. His tail is another about 10' or so in length.
Abilities: Teleportation, Verbal Speech, Limited Telepathy (he needs to be touching the other being in order to send with it, but he's 'open' to any sender), Weather Casting (can summon up, control, and dispell fog, mist, and rain, can summon up and (sometimes) dispell major thunderstorms and tornados, can summon up (with great effort) and turn aside (with even greater effort) tropical storms and hurricanes.)

Oookk.. now onto the random notes on this guy. The horn on his head is just a part of the armor, not a real horn. His ears -are- mobile, and the way the armor is layered on his ears gives them some mobility while still being protected. The golden scales aren't his, they're very flexible scalemail that moves like a second skin. His sword (the one in his hands) is a good 7' or so in length, and the one in his tail is a nice 4'6" in length. He has opposable thumbs on both his hands and his wing-hands, and can grab, lift, and throw objects with his wing-hands. The tail is strong enough to lift a full grown man up and throw him. He's really not much one for flight - especially with all that armor on - but even without the armor he prefers to stay groundbound... on the other hand, he's made it a skill of his to track a flier from the ground, only to leap into the air with his strong hindlegs, claw his way swiftly skywards, and surprise his prey from below.

What he's currently wearing isn't his full suit of armor - he has armor that's designed to extend the entire length of his tail, but he prefers to leave his tail unencumbered to give him the full benefit of its agility. The symbol on his chest plate is repeated on his shield, and is the symbol of the Legion he was in before he appeared here, perhaps someday he'll discard the symbols, but for now...

History: A Battledragon normally has a dragonboy to take care of him, his armor, and his weapons, yet this impressive specimen of Battledragon-hood has no one. Now, whether he had a dragonboy and lost the boy in a war, or whether he (somehow) never had one to begin with, is something that he hasn't spoken of, not even in his stories of battles bygone - for he is a veteran of many wars, and has scars under his armor and across his wingsails to prove it, along with thickly calloused feet that can carry him for miles and miles at a steady marching pace without difficulty.

Yet a Battledragon without a dragonboy is prone to becoming snappish - for though he can take care of himself well enough, and even pull his armor on without the aid of another, talons can easily score the leather straps that hold everything together, and aren't meant to fasten buckles of any sort, even the simplistic ones on his armor.

And now for ze image!

Aha.. I protest scalemail and armor in general, it looks awesome but it's a pain to draw/color/shade. ^^ oh well, I like this guy.

And anyone who knows which series I've been reading far too much of these past few weeks gets a cookie =P

-StarFyre
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Nikks, I got you this time around.

What you said:
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): blue and orange
Features: very flashy or showy or outrageous like peacock feathers or
spikes or glitter or sparkles or something similar
Species (optional): dragon
Element(s) (optional): any
Theme (optional): not really
Gender (optional): male
Name (optional): you choose
What I say:
Name: Kindi Sunspark
Features: Feathery wings, points, head-feathers.
Colours: Orange-pointed Blue
Species: Dragon
Abilities: Firebreath, Waterbreath, Psionics, Fire Control, Feather Control (he can manipulate his own feathers).

It's a .png because it was a really crappy .gif. Enjoy.[/quote]
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Drakiera
Hatchling

Post by Drakiera »

OooooOOoooh! o.o Me likey! He's definitely earning a last name. c.c

Dumb question ... can he bond another dragon or is it preferred that he either bond or pick a humanoid as his dragonboy? :)

I love this guy! *happy squeal* If you happen to have the symbol from a direct front view, that'd be awesome (I'm very tempted to draw a proper shield and such for this guy c.c; Darn my art lessons, inspiring me!)
--Drakiera
~Mythicalae~
http://www.mythicalae.com/
~Wyld Whirls~
http://www.mythicalae.com/shivran/wyld/whirl.html
"I think I just had an evilgasm." - Lord Xykon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

He can bond another dragon - though he'll probably want a bond with at least some ability to manipulate objects like his armor and such. In fact, a dragon might have it easier than a human =P that armor and those weapons weigh a ton, you know.

^^ And here's a quick sketch of the Legion's symbol. Very angular and sharp.

I'm glad you like him, Drak ^.^

-StarFyre
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

StarFyre wrote: Aha.. I protest scalemail and armor in general, it looks awesome but it's a pain to draw/color/shade. ^^ oh well, I like this guy.

And anyone who knows which series I've been reading far too much of these past few weeks gets a cookie =P

-StarFyre
*nods enthusiasticly* I did that for Drakeria, too! An Amkalian dragon in armor! I didn't do chain mail, though. Never thought of it. But that's awsome!

Sorry, can't think of the books you would have been reading...lol ;)
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Joust!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Joust, Alta, Sanctuary... Love those books, but no =P Although the cover of Sanctuary is where I got the idea for the wings on last month's exchange draggie.

Nope, this is a completely different, -much- older series (so old, Amazon.com doesn't even sell the single book I'm missing except by vendor people). Seven books, about a battledragon and his boy.

-StarFyre