July Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

July Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Dray »

...Hmm... I didn't save a copy of all of our Exchange links. x____________O' Whee fun. Does anyone really want that thread again, or should I let it reast?

Anyways... post your july exchange images here, when you're finished! Please don't forget to include /who/ is your chosen one! XD
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I thought the links thread was nice, because it lets us all see what people are doing with these guys, and where they are. But either way is fine with me.

-StarFyre
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I got Molly, but I don't know if she got her dragon yet.

Hey - we all have (or should have) copies of each other's chosen specs in our email boxes. If need be at least we could post those.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

Hey Xalia do you need me to repost or did you get everything off the old forum before it crashed?
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I do need the info again...I hadn't copied that...do you still have it?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

Name: Adiran Glasswing
Color: Rainbow Iridescent (or Rainbow Glass if you prefer)
Species: You can come up with the details.
Features: Powers are probably spirit-based. He can become invisible at will. Adiran doesn't have typical wings, instead he has muscular spine-like structures that have webbing attached. The webbing catches the wind and allows him to fly.

I think that was it.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Awesome! Thanks so much Kless! I'll try to get him up soon! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Okay, I figured I might as well do up some dragons for those who missed out last month. Sargie already has two, so I did one each for Baka and Xalia. Since I don't have you're info, I'll just put down what I have on these guys.

Xalia!
You asked for something unique and I took that to heart. o.O Took me a full day just to come up with an idea for it. Anyway, I would like to introduce the very first (and only) android dragon in the Nexus. We have cyborg dragons, Oriental dragons, everything from two-limbed to eight-limbed dragons, but not once has there been a guy like this.

Name: up to you (nickname: Rusty)
Theme: unique!
Species: android dragon
Abilities: flame thrower, targetting system, jet propulsion
Size: 20 ft. head to tail
Comments: Rusty is like nothing else. He is mostly machine, but contrary to the mechanized dragons floating around the Nexus, his insides look very organic. Ignore the fiber optics and cooling system, and the fact that most of his organs are made of plastic and metal, and one might mistake him for a living creature. He has even had certain parts replaced with real organic pieces. Rusty has so long desired to be organic that he even chose a gender and had the corresponding genitalia put in. The thing about that is... he has no idea who's sperm he carries. See, he was created in a lab and therefore has no genetics of his own, so he had to borrow from a sperm bank. What his offspring will look like, if you plan to mate him, is completely unknown at this moment in time.

Now, because of his mechanical parts, he does weight a good deal more then the average dragon. This is where those airplane wings come in. They can fold out from his back whenever he needs to fly. He'll need a running start first, but when those jets (the things on his thigh) kick in, he can outpace some of the best flyers in the Nexus. Being built on a small scale, he also has a good deal of manuverability. Not as much as a serpent-like dragon, mind you, but enough to do some fancy tricks.

Baka Ryu!
You asked for a basalisk-like dragon with six legs, so here it is!

Name: up to you
Size: 48 ft. head to tail
Abilities: poison bite, stone stare
Theme: six-legged basalisk
Comments: I gave this one a bit of a reflective coat because... well... I felt like it. Yes, that's all fur covering its body. Very short though. Those wings are merely decorations and cannot be used in flight. It can run pretty fast and swim very well, especially with that long tail to help out. Hope you like.

https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

*cackles and flails* OH.....MY....GOSH....Mystic that is so awesome!!!! Android dragon with real sperm.....*cackles more* Thank you so much!!! Wow...now I must decide what sort of sperm he has and send him out to chase...and Rusty sounds like the perfect name for him!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

^_^ You're welcome.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Also, remember that he may have to stop by the sperm bank to *cough*refill*cough* once in a while. Which means you can change around what his offspring will look like after each mating.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

Speaking of exchanges...

Shard

I got you!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): natural shades, camoflage pattern for blending in with
forest/trees
Features: sleekness is necessary. wings optional.
Species (optional): draconic, or ??? large, preferably, but not
freakin' gigantic huge... (that is to say, something in the 40-60 foot
range)
Element(s) (optional): leaves, grass, vines
Theme (optional): rustling of wind through trees
Gender (optional): female
Name (optional): ?
She's fairly big, no name I'm aware of and she has a camoflage pattern! It just... comes and goes?

<Shy> Thinks that maybe it your riding her, that ability should transfer to the rider? Else it looks pretty scary, seeing a man or a woman floating on trees in sitting position.... ... hey! I can sneak up-- find people better!

<Epicure> *poke* that's my job.

http://www.geocities.com/mwvayan/Animation5.gif

I think it might be a big of a big file-- my computer downloads it fine enough from the internet with maybe a minute or two of that static stuff buut... if it's too big, tell me and I'll try to shrink it.
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Here's the song that's the theme for mine again ^^
"Polyamorous" by Breaking Benjamin: (ta da!)
http://www.geocities.com/shadow_cave/br ... morous.mp3
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Eeee! She vanishes!! :)

So cool! I'll ... I'll have to decide where exactly she's going and who with, now. :) Probably Blackbuck - heh.

Thank you sweetie!! Glomps!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

:D Glad you like.

Ooh, Blackbuck? Do you mean the one in Epicure's timeline?

>:) Because if it is... I can imagine Epicure struggling to pet the big thing and saying rather proudly.

'See, if we're on her, and she goes invisible... well, we can do anything we want without Party Pooper finding us.'

XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

LOL!

yeah - that blackbuck... I can also see everyone at the egg hatching, and here's this COMPLETELY different dragon.

Everyone turns to Epicure. They're all sooooo tempted to yell, "SHY!"
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I don't know when my computer's going to be fixed but my drawing is almost done, just to inform you should I miss the deadline. I'm trying not to do anything new on this machine until it's fixed...
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
nikks
Egg

Post by nikks »

Kitsuneko

I got you. I have never actually drawn an anthro dragon before so I hope this is what you wanted.

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Blue/grey-pink
Features: Anthro-dragon.
Species (optional): See above
Element(s) (optional): None
Theme (optional): Gypsy
Gender (optional): female
Name (optional): ?

nikks
Egg

Post by nikks »

Oops Didn't realise I hadn't logged in :oops:

Kitsuneko, I had you this month and your dragon is above.

*points up*

sorry for any confusion
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Hee. Thank you! :)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
nikks
Egg

Post by nikks »

No probs. I was just glad to be on time this month :D
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Airy's exchange dragon I gave her via AIM :) For the records.
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

x_x Fuzz, I need you to post it on this board so that I can be sure to keep my records updated, please an thankyou?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I posted my exchange dragon for Calico on the other board before it went down. I don't know if she got it; I don't know her very well and I don't think she's part of this group. :(
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Here's Airy's draggy for your records, Terry :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ ... yParRo.gif
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

YAKIMA!

I got you this round. I hope you like him.

Name: Nigoma- "sing" in Algonquin
Color: short,cream-grey fur with sage, semi-feathered wings,
Species: Kolsan, or Malnevian wind wolf (historically considered a hybrid of wolf and Malnevian dragon)
Element: wind
Abilities: Size shift, weather shape, Dream step, telepathy, verbal speech
Size: His natural size is approximately 20 feet long and about 9 feet tall, at the shoulder; his size shift ability allows him to shift down to the size of an average wolf, or up to about 35 ft long
Comments: Dream step is similar to "Between", the user needs a picture to get where he's going, but with Dream step, the picture doesn't have to be perfect. The user can pluck a vague image from anyone's mind, even a dream, and if the image matches any place in the world/universe, even if he hasn't been there or seen it before, he can go there. This ability works with the kolsan's telepathy providing the image. His size shift ability allows him to breed with other dragons, or other species, if he wishes. Weather shape allows him enough power to call up a minor storm, or somewhat control one that is already in progress, to the point of even stopping some smaller storms. His main form of communication is verbal speech.
Note: He got his name from an Indian tribe he once visited, after they discovered his love for singing. This is also where he recieved his talisman; it currently holds a bead for each world he has visited

If there is anything else you'd like to know, either reply or send me a pm
Enjoy!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Mystic!

You requested (peacock) feathers. And as soon as I saw that and that you wanted it to be a studly critter... I began to draw. So sorry if he/she doesn't really meet your expectations. I like peacocks. ^^'

So this'un's about 8 feet long, with two feathered wings. The feathers on its legs are from either parent, left for mother and right for father. All of its offspring will most likely come in the same silvery colours, with brilliant feathers. Completely dragon-compatible, of course. It will, of course, pass on the feather-tying custom, as it is integral to their society. To stop wearing the feathers is to disown one's family and to not be given any is to be disowned. During mating season, males grow brighter in colour while females dull into a browny colour - which they keep throughout their nesting time.

Name and gender are up to you. It can speak telepathically and vocally, is completely intelligent, can read and has some spoken magic (spells, as well as magically-enhanced vocal chords which allow for some telekinesis-like effects. think of it as telekinetic vocals).

Sorry if it's spotty or got a halo.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

S'okay, Kitsuneko, I caught your image before the board blew up. ^_^' Unless Icecat needs it posted again, you should be alright. Keep it up, folks, you're doing great! :D Very nice stuff so far!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*purrs* Pretty! Thanks Delyar! ^_^ I'm going to have fun with that tradition thing.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Heyla Myrror! Gotcher multi-headed dragon here!

Name: Up to you
Species: Conscience Hydra
Size: 10'0" tall
Colour: Purple-striped Blue

I based this fellow off of a dream I had just a few days before the exchange began and I got your name. And since my dream-critter fit your request perfectly, it's turned into your request critter!

As you see, I have dubbed him a "Conscience Hydra". All three of the main heads have the same personality, and are neutral in alignment. The tail-heads also have the same basic personality, but the white head possesses the hydra's good urges, while the black head has the hydra's evil urges. When the hydra is debating an action or opinion or whatever, the tail-heads curl up over its "shoulders", one to each side, and debate it between the neutral heads-- so it's like it has a warring shoulder angel and shoulder devil, or good and bad conscience. Hence, Conscience Hydra. But don't confuse it with a multi-personality hydra! All the heads have the same name, same gender, and same personality-- it's just the aspects of the persona portrayed that differ.

Also, the hydra's "feet" are actually hands, and fully capable of holding and manipulating objects.

It's also a .png, because it made an awful .gif. Enjoy!