Goodness Zango sucks

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Goodness Zango sucks

Post by Shard »

I went around in IE to try and find some dolling sites with drag and drops to make some pages? And this one page had an invasive-install Zango exe that installed EVERYTHING it had onto my control panel and such... I mean, I'd spent 30 SECONDS online on this page, and suddenly (after running ad-aware) there were 78 adware and spyware packets on my computer!

... Just... sheesh! Never even seen a zango popup from firefox of course, so I wasn't prepared for the invasion! Man, never doing that again!

Thirty seconds of browsing on internet exploder, forty five minutes scrubbing my hard drive of its crud.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

And that is why Firefox is your friend, no? Bad luck with the invasion, but at least you got rid of it all...
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah, I sat there just... aghast, at the level of invasion. It wasn't virus-ware but still. Can't trust IE. And wtf is UP with Zango then? People LET them do that? feh!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

Ouchy... foxfire is our friend... yes it is.

Umm if you want a few nice doll makers?
Here you go: http://www.stvgr.net/dhf/

No popups either.
Morel
Fledgling

Post by Morel »

At least you where able to fix it, and knew how. One of my friends was complaining how slow her computer was becoming. I asked her how long it had been since she cleaned it out and she gave me this blank stare like "you have to do what?". I can only imagine how much junk is on hers.
Morel
----------------
Today is the tomorrow you dreaded yesterday.