Luera & Sera'Jocosa's Duality Offspring - 2nd/Last Batch

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Luera & Sera'Jocosa's Duality Offspring - 2nd/Last Batch

Post by Xenoqueen »

You've seen them and you know you love them: it's the insanely conjoined multilimbed extravaganza dragons! First, let me tease you by showing you mine, Dray's, and Shiolar's.

<hr>

Name: Kelam'Sinar
Sponsored by: (Shiolar)
Species: Conjoined Dragon/Silshar Hybrid
Height: 22'7" to heads
Duality: Dark & Light
Personality: Kelam (dark) and Sinar (light) have a little trouble co-existing. Kelam, you see, only likes to go about at night, while Sinar is only really active during the day! Given their physical joining, this means you'll only find the pair up and about at dawn and twilight, when both are willing to be up on their feet. During the rest of the day or night, however, you'll find them crashed someplace comfortable, where one of them can sleep while the other does his best to entertain himself (be it with a book, a game, company, or whatever).
Abilities: Firebreath (Kelam). Teleportation. Verbal Speech.

<hr>

Name: Tulipalo'Vesi
Sponsored by: (Dracothrope)
Height: 24'6" to heads
Duality: Fire & Water
Personality: Tulipalo (fire, female) and Vesi (water, male) get along surprisingly well, despite their contrast of "element". True, Tulipalo is short of temper, long on ferocity, lively, energetic, and goes about life with a fiery (of course) passion in everything she does. And true, Vesi is much calmer and sedate, allowing life to carry him where it will, keeping whatever emotions he does have hidden under the surface. But despite their different takes on life, this brother and sister squabble only rarely, enjoying the contrast between them.
Abilities: Firebreath (Vesi). Teleportation. Verbal Speech.

<hr>

Name: Parajse'Xhehenem
Sponsored by: Dr. Schroeder
Height: 20'5" to heads
Duality: Heaven & Hell
Personality: Parajse (white, heaven) and Xhehenem (red, hell) are one of the dualities that act in cooperation, despite their so-called contradictory nature. They are calm and mellow, and tied together by desires that they share: to reward the virtuous, and punish the sinful. Parajse of course is the giver of rewards, where Xhehenem metes out punishments, but since these two acts do not get in one another's way, the pair coexist quite peacefully—and Parajse will even actively aid his counterpart at times, if he believes a sinner is in dire need of just retribution!
Abilities: Firebreath (Xhehenem). Teleportation. Verbal Speech.

<hr>

Dray and Shiolar-- I'll need links when you get your pairs up. :3

As for the rest... there are still TWELVE other dualities I've assigned into these dragons. They are:
Body & Soul
Chaos & Order
Earth & Sky
Good & Evil
Introvert & Extrovert
Joy & Sorrow
Love & Hate
Magic & Science
Male & Female
Mind & Body
Nature & Civilization
Positive & Negative

Interested? Then you can swing by <a href="http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/A ... .htm">this page</a> at the Destiny, and read up on what it takes to apply. :D Gonna make you guys work a little bit, but not TOO much. This isn't a real clutch, after all.

And if you don't want to send the application by email, you can also post it here. I will take applications until JANUARY 14TH.
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Kelam'Sinar is so cool. Absolutely beautiful colouration, and I LOVE that personality. I'm gonna have so much fun with... uh... them.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XDDD I love how the water-half of my pairing is the one with the fire-breath.

Tulipalo: "Ooh, ooh! Do it again!"
Vesi: *shoots a gout of fire from his mouth*
Tulipalo: *cackles and claps her hand with Vesi's*

I'll try'n have mine up soon, but I have to think up a couple of bonds for them. XD Thanks again, Phe!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

TOTALLY must have male/female. I will finally have a place for Anima and Magg... whoayeah. Must finish their pages.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Is it okay if, in my story I have for my two candidates, I have some back-back-baaaackstory involving when Luera was still at Sitheil Tirean, after Kaere made him? XD
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Well, from my perspective, it depends how involved Luera would be in the story, since he's technically my character, despite being your brain-child... But having said that, some more info on where Luera actually came from, for when I actually write him, would be useful... If you use him, I just ask you stick to his personality blurb...
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

I would so love to send in Naeodina + Shy to this, as sponsors. Is that possible?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

There are no restrictions or rules on candidates and sponsors outside of the guidelines given on the page. Adaptability to one of the dualities is all candidates and sponsors have to have. So if that's true for Naeodina and Shy, then they are of course welcome.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

So dang cool... so dang dang cool... I'm terribly tempted to try for body/soul...

Must finish Flurry candie first, though! O_O Argh! *gets writing*
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

~Must so definately write for this!~
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

*eyeing the Chaos/Order bit* I so hope my Night Before Christmas dragon shares the same lineage as the others with the same template ;>>

Otherwise, she and another dragon would make great bonds. I think... XD;

*write write*
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

~Just got the perfect candidate idea for Good/Evil~ Mwahaaa. >3
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Shiolar, if you're going to be stingy with characters and just people using them a little, you don't belong here. You have a rather detailed dragon that took some time, and you say that to the artist? From my perspective, artists should get a freespot in their brainchildren's offspring, it's a policy at RoF.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_o Yeah, but if he got it from the give-away, and there was no info to go with it, (unless it was a species listed from the artist) then doesn't he get a right to make up a backstory for it? He seems to be amiable enough about saying that, sure, it came from the agency that the artist uses, so I don't see what the problem is.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I never said Lakota couldn't have one of Luera's offspring. That's not even in my power, and even if it were I wouldn't make that restriction. I just want to know that since I wrote his personality blurb and I intend to write stories with him, then if he's going to be used in another story that it goes along with the personality I wrote for him. As well as the fact that since Lakota obviously has decided where Luera comes from, do you deny my right to have access to those ideas, so that I know what to write when I do Luera's story? Or would you have me contradict everything?

But fine. I don't belong here. I'll leave. Fuck you, Sil.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

oh god, please lets not have drama *hugs Shiolar and Lakota and Sil and starts singing kumbaya ... badly while Averone and Daraeas dance around for entertainment purposes ... also badly* Comeoooon, with people weird as me around, you gotta stay!
ImageImageImage
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Shiolar wrote:But fine. I don't belong here. I'll leave.
Shiolar, hon, I know there is no set "requirement" for being here, and belonging? You've shown you want to be here, and that is all it takes to belong. And arguing any which way about things like "belonging" is silly more-so because belonging is in the eye of the individual.

For one, I don't think you and Sil were communicating on the same wavelength. Everyone has their characters, and it is natural to ask that some caution be used by others when writing for characters that are not their own. Giving permission and asking that someone remember the personality or story they've already participated in is fair. Of course, it depends on how possessive you feel toward a character (more meant along lines of knowing who they are to an extent having them butchered by someone being unknowingly ungentle would be painful), and what Sil was saying there is it would be unreasonable to say, "Off limits!" when the dragon itself came from Lakota. However, as said before, asking that personality be recalled in any writings is reasonable.

Now, Sil was also informing you of her opinion. You informed her of yours. These aren't the personal attacks many people seem to take them as on this forum from time to time. And if they are personal feeling, then talk to each other in private, vent to people who will listen, and don't act based on what one person says and then seem to act as if in belief that one opinion stands for the entire forum. Frankly, if that were ever true, I'd have to go growly on general principle.

And here is my opinion (as well as everything above, feel free to message me if I'm a raving idiot):

People, I do not like hearing these threats, real or otherwise, of leaving the forum over simple, silly misunderstandings, conflicts, or conflicting opinions. It is manipulative, and while I think it is always unintentional, I, personally, am tired of it. I don't like speaking up in conflicts because they are mostly small and in my opinion silly. I, and I will make a statement that could be incorrect in saying others may have as well, had fantastically terrible experiences in the past with forums, RL people, and you name it who do things that are similarly manipulative. Note, I am not saying you (and "you" is a broad term, not specifying an individual, and not classifying everyone on this board) are manipulative, because I believe none of you are here with intentions to manipulate. I'm saying what I see, and yes, I likely am wrong, and I live with my opinions peaceably and corrections grumbly and peaceably. Shiolar, I don't want you to leave. And if anyone, anyone is feeling fed up, attacked, or you name your negative emotion, please, I am here to listen and be an outlet - I like to be. If you want to go on a break from the forum, leave a message in the correct forum, and do so.

There's a penny or two in there, and yes, I am feeling ranty, and for that, I apologize to everyone. Mods, if this is inappropriate, please delete. Thank you.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I'll stay, but only because I like the rest of you too much. But my 'fuck you' to Sil still holds, unless she feels like conceding my right to develop my character as I want to and my right to ask other people to work with my developments when they use my characters. If Sil doesn't ask that of people that use her characters, then she's obviously not that attached to them.

I believe I posted before this conversation even started that Luera is one of my favourites and I have plans for him.

To be honest, I don't mind that Lakota has her own ideas for Luera's backstory. I'd just like to know what they are so I can write them into the story of the dragon that I got in response to my request on the Dragon Exchange, because I wanted a multi-appendaged rainbow coloured dragon.

You know, a nice little reminder that I actually asked for something like Luera, which thus makes him partially my brain-child as well. Because he wouldn't exist if I hadn't asked for him. Get my point?

Still want to deny me my right to develop him as I want to, Sil?
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Rachael. My problem with this is that Sil seems to assume that I'm saying off-limits, which I never said at all. And she was the one that said I don't belong here. She also seems to expect me to go with what anyone else may want to write about my characters. I have a problem with that, because if people can just write whatever they want about your characters, then they're not your characters anymore.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

I'm not getting into anymore drama, I said what I had to say. You upset my friend, so I said something. *shrug* I didn't say anything about using the personality, just how you said it to Lakota sounded rude. But nor was I saying you should leave. I'm going to say what I meant in the first place, in plain terms: lighten up.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Thank you for being mature about this, Sil! *hug*

Can we conclude that the issue has dissolved and bring this thread back to it's intended topic now? I don't think any of us Mods want to have to lock our Admin's giveaway thread!!!

I'd also like to say that I understand what's going on on both sides and perhaps Lakota and Shiolar need to sit down and discuss what they both want to do with Luera privately. If things get heated I'd be glad to mediate as well, just say the word!
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I didn't intend to upset Lakota.

I was rather upset that Lakota was coming up with ideas for Luera without asking me, but I was happy to work with that. I just wanted to know what those ideas were.

You know what? Screw this. Lakota can just have Luera back to do with whatever she wants. Then she doesn't have to get upset with me doing what I want with him, and I don't get upset with her thinking up her own ideas.

Sure, he was one of my favourites, but now I feel like I can't do what I want with him without upsetting Lakota. Or getting shouted at by you.

Some of the ideas I was going to do with him I can use with other dragons instead.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Now you're just being unreasonable.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

No, I'm not. If Lakota has a problem, then she can just have Luera back. Then I won't be upsetting you or her. And it's not like I have the heart to write for him now anyway, so someone else might as well get some joy from him. I genuinely feel like I'm not allowed to use my creativity with him, and I don't want to write for him knowing that you and Lakota are going to disapprove, since Luera is her brain-child. So she can have him.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Shiolar, I'm going to have to ask you to walk away from this thread for a while. Go think on things, I'm sure there's a way to work this out and I don't think you really want to give up Luera. Please take a step back and think it over or I will be forced to lock this thread to prevent this discussion from continuing.

Sil, I know you're being very civil about this but please do me a favor and refrain from responding for a while?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Silver Midnight
Dragon

All she'd asked to do was use him in a story, geez... But fine, whatever, be stupid if you want to... Time for me to go do something else.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

And all I asked was that she keep to the personality blurb that I wrote and let me know information regarding his creation, since that was information she hadn't given me previously. "Geez."

But fine. I'm going. I have dragons to page *huggles Lian Mini* and Flurry Candidates to write...
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Well, that's not the way it sounded. So sorry for misreading.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

That's not the way it sounded?
Well, from my perspective, it depends how involved Luera would be in the story, since he's technically my character, despite being your brain-child... But having said that, some more info on where Luera actually came from, for when I actually write him, would be useful... If you use him, I just ask you stick to his personality blurb...
Never in that paragraph did I say she couldn't use him. Not once. I was hesitant, because I was concerned that she would use him in a major way in her story, which could end up invalidating my own plans for him. But I said she could use him as long as she sticks to the personality blurb, and I did imply that if she has stuff in mind for his origin, could she tell me.

How many fucking ways would you like to take that?

And next time you decide to call me stupid, why don't you think about how many times I had to explain what I meant before you finally got it? Would you like me to explain this post five or six times for you, or do you think your IQ is up to the task of understanding a few simple sentences today? Because apparently it was beyond you yesterday.

But it's none of your business anyway. You didn't draw Luera, and you don't have him living at your agency. So that pretty much means you have no right to be involved at all. If Lakota has a problem with what I said, she could have spoken to me herself instead of sending you to chew me out. Unless, of course, you decided to be a self-righteous arrogant little cow on your own volition?

Now clear off and keep your opinions and your self-absorbed ego to yourself, Sil.

To the mods, I apologise for this. I won't post here again, save for the URL to my Luera baby, when he's up.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

You make me laugh. XD What a bratty little bitch.

I also find it funny how so many people can jump in and defend their friends, but I'm not allowed to do the same. It's rather pathetic, you know, so when you start spouting off about it being none of my business I simply raise an eyebrow. How moronic.

I wasn't going to say anything else, I apologized, yet you continue to rant. What's the matter, feel you have to prove yourself?

As for communication, I've had to explain myself several times as well. It's called speaking to someone who isn't you. Deal with it. If you want to go insulting my intelligence maybe you should go back and read my posts, hmmm?