My Solution.

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Good solution?

Yes.
75%
No.
No votes
My head hurts.
5%
I smell feet.
20%

Total votes: 20

Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

My Solution.

Post by Dev »

Well I was going to abandon this site, give up and try again at a later time.

Ya see since I started this site I just wanted to entertain but I have gotten nothing but hate mail from people who hated my work, and I got no supportive emails and got the hint no one was reading any of my comics so I simply thought "Fuck it I wont update then." then months past and still nothing and now I was just "Ok, I just wont renew it."

But then I remembered I hosted this forum with over one hundred registered users and over 23000 articles posted (good lord you girls can talk). Phe then put up the suggestion of keeping the site up by you girls paying and I can see by the posts that you girls would have indeed done that.

But as I tell some of my closest friends, "I'm the nicest son of a bitch you'll ever meet." i'm not about to drain your allowances just so you girls can have a place chat. So I will simply renew the subscription and just empty my own wallet. Its only 100 bucks, I spent more than that this month buying 2 video games I hate,(city of villians... god what the hell am I on?! and dead or alive 4... just a game of fighting boobs with plastic dolls attached... bouncy bouncy...) so i'm not the wisest with money.

However I will put up the idea of paying a small amount for more features on this website, such as access to a nexus subdomain with a good % of the memory with a chat room If you girls were to pay, you should get more than a little forum eh?

PS. Polls are fun. 8)
~Dev
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

What happens if it's a good solution AND you smell feet?! :O!

Anyways. Dev. That is utterly sweet of you. oo Would you like some free arts?
Image Image Image Image
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

JKatkina wrote:What happens if it's a good solution AND you smell feet?! :O!

Anyways. Dev. That is utterly sweet of you. oo Would you like some free arts?
If its good and you smell feet... then are in a really weird position and should take a picture.

Free Arts? I love free arts. Actually a good gift art can put me in a good mood for a month or so.
~Dev
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh, good. Well, I'm afraid I'm a slow arter, but for the benevolent... er... guardian? of this forum, I shall try.
Image Image Image Image
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

*clings*

You are, like, seriously the best ever. I'd still be willing to pitch in, though, because, well, I like it here. And this may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but this is the longest I've ever stayed at one forum, ever. Yeah.

Also, I've seen your arts, and I will elbow anyone who tells you it's not good. Forcefully. In the ribs.
WARN!NG: Contents in cup may be giddy. Do not goad or attempt to distract with something shiny.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

...would you accept donations anyway? Especially from those of us who also have an entire *site* benevolently hosted on your space? ::cough::
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Dude, we're not all girls...

But seriously, if you're happy to keep things running here, then I'm happy to donate a little. And like you, $100 isn't really that much to me. I couldn't afford it every month, but I can donate a bit to keep things running.
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Xenoqueen wrote:...would you accept donations anyway? Especially from those of us who also have an entire *site* benevolently hosted on your space? ::cough::
I will not turn down free money. c.c For anyone that wants to pay, you are more than welcome.
~Dev
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Shiolar wrote:Dude, we're not all girls...

But seriously, if you're happy to keep things running here, then I'm happy to donate a little. And like you, $100 isn't really that much to me. I couldn't afford it every month, but I can donate a bit to keep things running.
What what what? You are not all girls? Well then I take it all back, this forum is closed. =)

Oh and its not 100 a month its 100 a year, see its not that big o deal to me.
~Dev
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

Awwwwwww! That is so sweet! Would type more but there is a cat o one of my arms! We should do a mass Dev Appreciation Day or something...
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Dev, that's amazing of you! Are you sure, though? I mean, I can still give you money for it, I feel bad hijacking your site and what not ... and besides, I like your comics. Who'd be assinine enough to send hate mail? Let me go sic my dragon on them. And my boyfriend owns DOA 4 though he's been on vacation all month and hasn't played yet ... my friends and I play DOA 3 obsessively, though I suck at it compared to my bf :lol: And it's not all boobs, there are some yummy men *wants hayabusa-babies* COV I've never tried, though don't let Shard hear you put it down *cackles* I want WOW so bad, but with semester starting soon I know it would be a very, very bad idea. Anyway sorry to derail your topic and once again you are my most favoritest person ever *tackleglomp*
ImageImageImage
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Xenoqueen wrote:...would you accept donations anyway?
Seconded ^___^ I just need an address to send it to!
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I knew it wasn't $100 a month, Dev-dude. Merely having a random moment. I did a currency converter on the exchange rates as of today, and realised that $100 is actually genuinely nothing to me as long as I don't spend it too often... Plus, I had a nice Christmas bonus from work... although the impression I get is that it goes up the amount of time you've been there... so either the bosses are REALLY generous, or they REALLY like me... [/rambling]
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Da thanks, Dev. I am in your debt forever, as now I won't have to watch other people pay and feel guilty cuz' I can't contribute.....
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Yay! *snugs the Dev*

I'd still be willing to donate something towards keeping the place running. I'd offer gift art too, but...

oh, heck, you want some semi-crappy gift art?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Wait, you've done more comics besides the one you posted up in the forum? Where...? o.o And... some people just don't share the same senses of humor/views/etc. But hate mail? ^^;

I definitely think this calls for a Dev Appreciation Day, and a mass flood of fan art from us.
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Anyone who wants to see the awesomeness of Dev-art can go to the main site

http://www.deviant-uprising.com/

or his SheezyArt gallery!

http://tweakeddev.sheezyart.com/gallery/
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

;_; I want more Dev-comic. *sadface*
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Dray wrote:;_; I want more Dev-comic. *sadface*
me tooo!

And we should definately have a Dev Appreciation Day XD a wow, that uh shortens to dad. should we ignore that and do it anyway? XP
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>:D We can all dress up in green and put on black sunglasses to imitate teh Dev himself! *pose!*

Seriously, though, that sounds like a fun idea. X3 What should we do for it?
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

My feet smell like dog piss. No wait... that was last week.

Anyway, I was reading your post with a o.O expression. You see, I frequented your site looking for updates. I may not have said so, which is probably what gets me into so much trouble. I lurk. Everywhere. No body hears comments from me so they think I'm not paying attention. I really do like your work and had your comic bookmarked.

Also, it might still be a good idea to donate what we can to show you that we're the nicest group of sons of bitches that you'll ever meet. :D That way you're not paying for OUR chatter.

What's your global handle on CoV? I'm @Tigeress. You can find me playing either Tetrika or Shackled Infinity. >:D And what you were on was the pure, blissful high of being evil. I love it.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Mystic, you know my Aussie-clone is on CoV too, right? X3
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Give me his global! I must stalk the Aussie T!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Oh god, I have no idea what it is... if you harass him over LJ I'm sure he'll give in, though!
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Lerial wrote:
Dray wrote:;_; I want more Dev-comic. *sadface*
me tooo!
Double-ditto! T__T Thanks for the link tho, Phe. Makes sense tho. My url-geekiness has failed me for the first time; I should have known... ;>>

I will dress up in green! I have so much green stuff... mostly lime green (and flames and Zim and and), but green it is... X3
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Meh, Dev. Y'know what? I don't LIKE mooching off people. =/ Which feels like what we're doin' with you. So I think that we should find some way to pay you back, at the very least... But still, 'tis a nice gesture. =) *hugs*
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Wowza, ok. First I want to say none of you are in debt to me, You've all been good guests on my site and you can upkeep yourself (By the way, all thanks for keeping this forum up and running should go to Phoenix and not me, your forgetting i'm the one that is responsible for the crash of the original forum, since then phe has been the one making sure this forum ran smoothly)

Now for this Dev Appreciation Day... I dont need a day of praise. And uhh I dont.. want you all dressing like its a bright st patricks day...

also my aim screen name is now available for you all.

And as for any ideas for the website any of you would like, I am always willing to listen, just send a instant message. Dont feel shy about that.
~Dev
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

::slobbers Dev on the face::

Yes, I'll help donate to keep up this site and whatnot too :3

And OMGZORBACON! What server are you on in CoV? Probably not Champion :{ That's where I'm at. Currently I am deeeeeeep in PvP (Siren's Call mostly) with my Empathy Defender, who is the pocket healer of my boyfriend's ice/nrg Blaster. But we're leveling up an nrg/regen Stalker (his) and an ice/therm Corrupter (mine) to switch to when those stinky heroes have too much of a hold on the place.

My global's @Lakota if you want to say hi ever :}

and now I will stalk your comic and Sheezyness and try to figure out what species you are so as to make fan arts :p

tell us where to donate to! :p
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

LakotaWolf wrote: And OMGZORBACON! What server are you on in CoV?
My global's @Lakota if you want to say hi ever :}...

and now I will stalk your comic and Sheezyness and try to figure out what species you are so as to make fan arts :p
Uhh in CoV I am in Pinicle or whatever it is called, I only a level 4 since the game has failed to grab my attention, World of warcraft however I am addicted to. Level 50 Troll Shaman. =)

Also I will find some place on this forum to post information about Dev including his species.
~Dev
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I'm getting WOW over the summer (long time from now yes but I have to wait for school to end). I shall be a gnome warrior of DEATH.
ImageImageImage