January Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

^^ Many thanks to those who enjoyed da evil dragon...

I just hope no one ever tries to ride him... not only do I highly doubt his temperment would allow it... but those spines... youch...
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

floops, meant sherra's draggie for kayla ... got them confuzzled.
Last edited by Astra on Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Cy!

I know you're on Hiatus right now, but I drew you for the exchange! This one was way too much fun to draw ... she's a raver Centuran! The species is the same as the one I drew for Molly in the last exchange -- human intelligence, unable to fly but can glide from high places and are excellent swimmers, can breathe underwater. No magical ability to speak of, but very high technology, and technological shapeshifting (think Animorphs). Breedable with others, just as long as they don't have to fly!

Name: You choose
Gender: female ... one could get away with having it be a flamboyant male, if not for the boobs :-p
Personality: You choose
Species: Centuran
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Telepathic Speech, Empathy, Shapeshifting (technological)

Hope you like! Oh, let me know if you want a JPEG instead, I have it as PNG here ... take my word that GIF looks HORRIBLE, I tried ;)
ImageImageImage
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

*Squeal* Eep, wow Astra, she's awesome :D
I love her, very very very much.
She fits one of the spots in the story perfectly, which is, well, perfect :D Gotta love how things work out. Thank you sooo much!
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Hey Cy! It's your dragon from last month!

Not exactly what you were looking for, but still colorful and with a mowhawk-type mane. Yea.
Sorry it was late.
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

Starburst!

full sized image - http://www.borealvisions.net/LylanKeep/ ... Ex_005.png

I hope you like him! He's a night elemental and can teleport, use telepathy and telekinesis, breath fire (whatever other powers you want to give him). His star markings shimmer and that's a silver crescent moon earring in his ear. I thought of it as a him while I was drawing, feel free to change that if you want. ^__^ I hope he isn't too dark, I only realized after I was done that I have the brightness turned up on my monitor.

This is my first time using the png format, and the first time I've made a transparent png. lol. *hugs psp9* If you'd rather have another format let me know.
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Yakima! I got you! XD
Colour(s): Red and Silver
Features: -
Species: Dragon
Element(s):
Theme: Inu-Yasha (the character) but it dosn't have to be just like
him in appearance. Would be cool if the change of a human happens too.
*shrug*
Name: *shrug* Not Inu-Yasha, obviously...hee
~Cackle~ You have no idea how thrilled I was when I saw this, and I gotta say, over a dozen ideas for this crossed my find, but I went with this one!

Transparent PNG

Also available in:
JPG

GIF

Name: Your Choice (Generally something long, I never finalized the name structure but this is a good example. XD)
Parentage: Unknown/Wild
Species/Race: Greater Kynnese Dragon (still gotta come up with a better name. ^^;;;)
Element: Storm (aka Lightning)
Region: Tundra
Tier: Gold-Ruby
Abilities: Telepathy (Language, Color & Emotion-Based), Lightning Blast Breath Weapon, Fire Magic (Red Markings)

Notes & Stuff: First thing to note is that his crystal (which denotes his tier as Ruby) is not located on the upper part of his body as it normally might be, but on his tail. This doesn't really mean anything but I didn't want you to miss where I put it. ^^;;;
Ok, the important stuff.

Please see this page for most basic info, with the exception that I changed the regional type of this one to Tundra. ^^;;;; Anyways.

This male has never had a Companion (it is up to you if you want to find his someone), probably due to the fact that he is easily moody and can have a bad attitude.

He wears a fang from his father (now deceased) to honor his memory as a great warrior (located on that collar he wears). His markings resemble battle scars, but rest assured, they are not. He wears his mane in a style associated with his position - the loose 'eartails' represent his rank as a shaman of sorts. (Please note that he will never braid these tails - the braided style is reserved for exceptional warriors.) Specifically, he has a gift for divining future events from the movement of celestial bodies. (His speciality is predicting natural disasters, which allow others to prepare and stay safe during them.)

However, along with his gift, he also developed a strange condition. His kindred attribute it to a blessing from Amerou (pronounced a-meh-ru, the Kynnese Moon goddess), as it attunes him to the stars and such, but he apparently still hasn't gotten used to it. (No other shaman of his class has experienced this phenomenon, and he himself did not experience it until adulthood.)
He experiences physical changes based on the phase of Eilan-El, the Kynnese moon respresenting the element of Storm (which he is aligned to).**

During the new moon (considered to include the the day prior and the day after the event as well, and includes both day and night of the time period), he fully loses all of his dragon-like qualities, and becomes human.

During the full moon, his draconic power increases ten-fold. This is not such a drastic physical change, though his eyes will warp to a red color, instead of gold. During this period, he seems to have trouble controlling himself, and due to his attitude, he may become excessively violent.

**Regardless of where he ends up, these phases will remain attuned to Eilan-El until he first communes with the celestial bodies of his new home. At that point, if his new home has its own lunar cycle, his shifting will attune to the new cycle, and will no longer be linked to the lunar phases in his home realm.

(BTW, Kynnese elemental stuff is getting a little tweak soon, so some other keepers of this dragon type may need to make some adjustments. ^^;;; I'll make that announcement later.)

Nrrr.....I think that's everything I wanted to say about him. His different forms are all based off Inu-Yasha, so I hope you have fun with them. ^^
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Holy...*grabs DF in a squeze-to-the-death-hug while Segs runs to pounce on new dragon* I love him - nearly to death. That, and the information! You rock! I have this sudden urge to collect InuYasha dragons...Sess is next! HEE!!!

*runs away* I'm in the middle of CoH but as bf is not yet online I might just put him up now! *snerk* *dances some more*
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

omg myrror! sorry it took me so long to respond to this! She's so perfect, and simple is ifne, i'm just happy that she works so well with what i had in mind. Thanks you sooo much! <3
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

There's an Azon FRenzy dragon from 2002 that's inuyasha themed. He belongs to sil. ;)
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Isn't he Sesshoumaru based? Or rather, I've just seen a Sesshoumaru dragon lurking somewhere... In the vast expanse of time...

Beautiful dragons from everyone this month! >__> :: ninja-scurries :: Got to finish mine up.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

There is indeed a Sesshie dragon! ^^ His name is Sesshouix and hatched at the Azon Dark Frenzy also. Sargon owns him and he is loooooverly!

I happen to know him quite well because he flew at a Bipedra and had offspring. There are a few dogdras out there now... and all of the ones that are Cy-based are related to Sesshouix. I do believe that one actually has a clutch up right now! Cool, neh? ^^
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I am well aware of those dragons. I have the page where they're on book marked, actually. :P Sil was showing off the LotR themed dragons on that page when I found it. Of course, at the time I only knew Sess because my bf's e-mail (who wasn't my bf at the time) is lord.sesshoumaru.sama so I recongized the name. Now I've seen the series (has most on computer, actually), so I know better the characters those dragons are based on.

I'm also sick and need to take a nap so...*goes poof*
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

^.^ I'm glad you like her. I was worried I did something wrong ^.^;
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kesava
Fledgling

Post by Kesava »

Kless!
Kless wrote: ~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): See theme
Features: see theme
Species: anything goes Draconic
Element(s): see theme
Theme: I'm assembling a 'pantheon' for Xidaver. Creatures with strong magic and possibly even stronger egos. Take roman gods for example, though you don't have to base a dragon or critter on one of those gods. Currently I have a god of death, illusion, wind, order, life and both a fire/ice and earth sprite. If you don't want to do a major force or element, a lesser power is fine too(Sprites/Nymph type creatures). I've been thinking of her as a muse/nymph/minor goddess. Like the Greek muses, she holds powers in inspiring those associated with the arts and sciences merely by being in close proximity to individuals. With her appearance, people are suddenly struck by inspiration and grasped with the need to create, which might explain why she is a fickle and elusive lady.
Name: I've been thinking CÉIBHFHIONN - Fiona for short. Feel free to change it though.
I've wanted to do this one for months, so I was inspired when I finally got a chance at it - perhaps why I chose to give her the elements I did. I've posted the gif, but I also have a JPEG, a PNG, and a TIF saved, so if you want another version, let me know.

Enjoy.

~Kes~
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

That's so gorgeous!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Now that's what the Nike statue SHOULD'VE looked like! :D
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Silver!
Colour(s): Grey, Silver, White, Light Blue, Purpley Blues
Features: Catlike Whiskers, Long Muzzle, Catlike ears, Large Eyes,
Long sleek body, long legs, mane down the neck to the back and down
the tail growing longer at the end of the tail, soft paws, light blue
eyes
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Light, Healing
Theme: Freedom (represented to me visually through movement)
Name: I had no one name which stuck to me; I just referred to her as "Her".
This is the shrunk PNG - I can email the full size to you if you wish. =) I hope she pleases you just a bit - for some reason I had the darndest time coloring her. Heh, le sigh? :wink:

Furthermore, here is Lenore!

Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

I love her. ^_____^ So pretty! To my amusement, though, when I hear "Lenore" I start muttering Poe to myself. >> *snicker* Quoth the Raven "Nevermore!"
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Lenore is one of my E.A. Poe set-offs as well. XD I'm glad you like her! Do you want the bigger png file? I can also jpeg, though gif just looked a bit less... Smooth.
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Lakota!

Here is my version. I think I left out a few features but I hope you like her. Also I've never seen a picture of them ever on their hind legs but I liked this pose. ^^

http://mordria.byethost22.com/sch.png

Name: You choose
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

I'd like the bigger file, yes please. ^^
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Kesava...

Sorry this is a bit late (I bet you'd given up on getting anything!) but life's been crazy and I haven't had time to work on art stuff till today.

I'm not familiar with either the movie or the books you mentioned, but i did my best with the rest of it. I don't usually do 'dark' stuff, so it was a bit of a challenge... I think it came out okay, though.

-

The Pic
http://www.geocities.com/kates_pages/st ... change.gif

The Info
Name: Up to you
Species: Demon - Reaper
Abilities: Shadowmorph, Track Scent, Keen, Vorpal Blade (that would be its left foreclaw), Perseverence, Sense Heat

The Notes
Reapers aren't the nastiest demons, but they're pretty bad. Luckily for the rest of us, they don't leave their own plane too often--the energy from smaller, weaker creepies is enough to sustain them, though occasionally one will get a hankering for live blood. They are unstoppable, deadly hunters, and move with an eerie, mesmerizing grace. Sometimes one to three Contributors will form a hunting pack, but only temporarily, as the first to show weakness will be devoured by the others.

There are five types of Reaper, each with a specific role. At the top are Producers--similar to the queens of hive-type insects, they are primarily responsible for governing the lower ranks and providing for the survival of the species. Contributors are next in rank. They hunt to provide food for the others in a 'nest', and, if chosen to continue the line, will be killed and absorbed by the Producer, who combines and recombines the patterns of different Reapers to produce templates for the next generation. A Producer will only consume a Contributor--never a Reaper of lower rank, or a different type of demon. Producers need to 'eat' about once per week, and will produce 5--100 'seeds' per feeding. These seeds are retained until a suitable host can be found. Sometimes the host is a weaker demon, captured alive, but most often it is one of the lowest-ranked Reapers, an Incubator. The seed is implanted into the Incubator's liver, where it will recieve all the nutrients and energy it needs to grow. Nurse Reapers tend to the implanted Incubators, feeding them (and through them, the seeds) and waiting for the opportune moment to quicken the seeds. When the Producer decides that more Reapers are needed, it sends a Messenger (a small, fast Reaper, higher in rank than an incubator but below a Nurse) carrying a list of how many new Reapers are needed and of what types. The Nurses stop feeding the chosen Incubators. This encourages the seed to expand beyond its current location, growing and absorbing the living host to grow larger and stronger. On the outside, Nurse Reapers keep the Incubators calm by coating them in a special type of saliva, which has the property of deadening nerves and leaving the victim unable to move. When the Nurse senses that the time is right, it begins to massage the Incubator's belly with its forelegs (Nurse Reapers lack the hunting claws of Contributors), stimulating the Reaper inside to begin cutting its way out. Once it exits its hosts body, it eats it, its first real meal. By this point in development, the Reaper has already developed into a particular type, and the only discernable difference between it and an adult is size, which increases with age and energy consumed. A new Nurse will stay in the nursery area, while the other types will leave soon after emerging. A new Producer will either take over the old nest (interestingly, this is the one type created entirely on the nurses' own initiative) or leave to found a new one with a small contingent of the new Nurses and Contributors. (In a new nest, the Producer and Nurses are near enough that no Messengers are needed to carry orders, and a Contributor can, in time of need, double as an incubator.)
Kesava
Fledgling

Post by Kesava »

:D It changes colour! That's awesome. For not knowing either reference, I'm impressed - I like, very much, thanks.
~Kes~
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

SHERRA!

Sorry this took so long! My mouse batteries died. :) Very hard to color when your mouse won't cooperate (and no, I still don't use my tablet).

I see this as a male, but it's entirely up to you. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Yeeeeeah... definitely not going to have my submission in on time. Sorry. I was under the mistaken assumption that the main comp would be back in time for me to avoid dragging the scanner up to my room, hooking it up to my lappy, then praying that the installation will actually work with it. Silly me.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

Eek! O_O Cooooooool... a male he shall be! I'd type more of my utter awe, but am in a typing study and am not supposed to type that much! ^^;
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Fwee! One day before deadline-ness, and here it is. Sorry for the lateness.

Shard - receive the contrasted black-red dragon of DOOM.

She has the abilities: Fire Breath, Shadow Manipulation, Fire Magic, Become Shadow, Fire Immunity, Healing (can close any wound on herself). Have fun - I hope it covers your request enough.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yaay a mollydragon!! :) Thank you!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I'm so last minute... but I still had too much fun with this! RACHAEL! Get'cher Kakashi-dragon here! :D

There's no denying that he's a terigon, but Doctor Schroeder had nothing to do with him. No, he was spotted leaving the Destiny behind Aki, the ship's favorite chaos godling, though no one has ANY idea of just when, where, and how she came up with this guy!

His name is Kakashie-- pronounced the same as Kakashi, but that's how you spell it in the language/letters terisae and terigon get their name from. (Spelled Kakashi, his name would be kah-kah-shih rather than kah-kah-shee.)

He stands 5'11" and we know for sure that he has the standard terigon abilities of telepathy, teleportation, and verbal speech... but it remains to be seen if Aki worked anything extra into him as well. (i.e., peg him with whatever abilities you like! ;))

As for his book... well, I probably wrote the kanji wrong (tiiiny references), but as long as I did my research right, it says "Abstract Destiny". I almost gave him Come Come Paradise, but I decided to turn it into a kind of signature instead. X3 Enjoy!