Contest/Commission

For contests and challenges, free for all to join and create.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Contest/Commission

Post by caesiusdraco »

Okay, here's the scoop. I want an icon for my greatestjournal that I'm incapable of making. There are some great artists on here, so here's what I want:

The image:
The partial skeleton of a dragon with more focus on the skull/neck/ribcage area. The snout should be long and semi-triangular (think long, rounded isoceles). It looks old and windblown, but there are a few clinging remnants of feathers clinging to the spine near the skull. If an animation could be done of the feathers moving in the breeze, that would r0x0r, but if not, that's cool too. The end of a spear is protruding through the ribcage. The ground beneath it is a light brown, cracked and parched. A single, large tree is in the far background: black and barren. Behind the tree is a line of mountains. (Think those semi-flat-topped slanted kind similar to what you see in African movies) The sky has grey wisps of clouds against a sky of twilight/sunset colors. Text saying 'Broken' in lower right corner is optional.

The prize: $30 in cash, art supplies, or however else you want it.

The terms and conditions: The finished image must be no larger than 100x100 pixels. The winner must have a paypal account, PO Box, or some other way for me to get the prize to them. The winner should also note, should they be nervous about giving me personal data, that with 40+ hours of work and 9+ hours of classes, I have neither the time, energy, or money to be a crazy internet stalker.

The deadline: January 5th. I reserve the right to choose the winner and close it before then.

Seriously, I want this bad enough to actually pay someone for it. I hope there's some interest.

Thanks!
Nicole
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Before she turns, rose-thorned tail streaking my hood,
I glimpse from her a thought like jagged glass,
Yet delicate with the texture of sentience:
We remain "turtle-apes", only the shells of our armors grow.
-My Bones Waxed Old by Robert Frazier