December Dragon Exchange - CLOSED

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Asha!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): green, brown, red
Features: oriental dragon, glassish red eyes wiv no pupils, feathers,
claws
Species: dragon!
Element(s): plant
Theme: ....evil awesomeness...
Name: ....any...

Enjoy!
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

size: medium (about as big as a brown i would guess)
abilities: decay breath, dark magic (superior), reflect, decay bite, zombie bite, hellfire, blue fire, camoflauge, malice...

you can make up more :)
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Cool! Thanks Dray, she's awesome!!
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I'll be home tomorrow and hooking up my scanner - I won't be late, just deadline close. ^^;;
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Hello, Dragonflight! I have an image for yooooou!
DragonFlight wrote: Colour(s): Anything dark.
Features: Something in the way of snake-y traits, don't care what.
Species: Something dragon-y prefered.
Element(s): Anything that goes with the theme.
Theme: Dark, brooding, or just plain nasty/evil.
Name: Your choice, or mine.
For some reason I'm thinking of this critter as gender-neutral, though you can change that if desired ^^ Definitely snakey, with a bit of salamander and something fluffy thrown in (I put the cheek-fluff on it, but then needed the rest cuz it looked dumb without XD ). I'm not sure if it's evil, but it's definitely not good, and I get the feeling that it's certainly brooding and sneaky-like XD

It flies. Mostly via levitation magic, but it can actually glide as well. It can manipulate the growth of its fluff, and manipulate the fluff itself, to grow that shoulder-fluff into something wing-sized that will stiffen out (like in Batman Begins, how when you put a current through the cloak fabric it becomes rigid; same principle, only magic-wise ^^ ). So it can glide on those. The tail and cheek fluff is manipulatable in the same way, though not to help in flight, more like to trap things or frighten people.

And it's name is.... Che'ata. Unless you don't like that name, in which case, pick yer own XD

The stupidest smart person you ever met.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Squee! How awesome! XD
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Looove the scales, Gail! You did such a great job on inking them! O_O Can you imagine what a pain it'd be to make a pattern over top of all of that? I think the black looks awesome with the red, though, very cool.

(>.< I need to comment on the dragons going up here more often. So many great pics and all I do is look at them, think "oh man, that's so neat!" and then go on to the next thing! XD Love what everyone's doing so far, anyways!)
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Shard!

Whew, this one was... tough. Mostly because I stink at drawing feathers, so yours doesn't have quite as many as I would have liked to add. ^^;

First, I haven't drawn or colored anything in forever. Please exuse the less-than-wonderful shading on... most of it. >.> Second, I cleaned it up as best I could and made the background transparent, but if you'd like the un-transparent version I can send it to you.

Name: Chathsuru (drowish for "fire bird"), but you can change it if you'd like ^^
Abilities: Teleportation, Verbal Speech, and some pretty hefty fire abilites. She can also shift into a phoenix bird-form entirely made of flames. She can fluff those feathers on her head as a display for mates, potential threats, just to look pretty, anything really.

Hope you enjoy, I had fun drawing her. ^^
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Wheee! Thank you! She's cool! :)

Mine is gonna be in on time but it'll be under the wire. I've started a drawing but I got a toughie...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Dray wrote:Looove the scales, Gail! You did such a great job on inking them! O_O Can you imagine what a pain it'd be to make a pattern over top of all of that?
Haha, well, actually, I kinda did the scales first.... XD None of my pens will actually ink over colored pencil, not without much protesting on its part, and frustration on my part ^^'

I'm glad DF likes it, though! : D Twas a fun critter to design. I love designing things....
Kesava
Fledgling

Post by Kesava »

GildedLilly wrote: ~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Tan, beige, brown...
Features: Tail, pouch, tall ears. Huge feet.
Species: Kangaroo dragon!
Element(s): Bouncyness. Desert?
Theme: Kangaroo!
Name: up to you.
So. Did you know kangaroo's can have three babies at once? Kind of....one out of the pouch, one in the pouch, and one in the oven, so to speak. I found that interesting.

Anyway, on to the image.

Female, definitely. Elements would be desert-related, and/or fertility related. I added a second little baby, by her tail, just because he was too darn cute to resist adding. Names are up to you, though I've been thinking of the baby out of the pouch as Mic.

~Kes~
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Dude, those're cool, Kesava! XD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*Cackles!* XDDDD Best dragon ever!
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Mystic! I got you! Sorry I had to cut it close, I hope you like it!
Colour(s): various blues
Features: Eastern-style head, serpentine body, webbed claws, fins
Species: Elemental dragon
Element(s): water
Theme: Nearly done with this. The water dragon is a very large beast who dwells at the bottom of Sapphire Ocean. He has NO wings and looks almost eel-like. Be creative with him, but please incorperate the features I've mentioned.
Name: Water
~Drumroll~

I couldn't do a GIF, the colors and the glowing got destroyed. So here's a JPG, though the all the blues seemed to bleed together.

If you don't like that, here's a PNG, too. The colors are clearer but the size is larger.

I had to go with a black background, I hope that's ok. But I couldn't fix that aspect. ^^;;;

Anyway. Eastern-style head, serpentine head, webbed claws, and fins, all check. Eel-like, check.

This guy is huge. Seriously. He had six eyes (three on each side of his head) which can see perfectly even in the darkness of the ocean bottom. He can move his 'whiskers' as he sees fit, generally using them to attract prey, as they are bioluminescent. He moves through the water very much like an eel does, and is incredibly swift and agile, using those small fins on his underside to assist in navigating. He has no nose to speak of. ^^;; Something worth mentioning are the 'feelers' that he has in various places. The dark greenish aqua ones at his face, shoulders, and part of his back. These have two functions. First and foremost, they are used as sensors of a sort. They are very flexible, and since they protrude from his body in different directions, they assist him in determining if an area is too small for him, or if he is close to something that he hasn't seen, much like a cat's whiskers. The second function is something akin to camouflage if he enters water which is more well-lit - to fish and the like, they resemble seaweed, allowing him to hunt if his 'feelers' are not useful at the time. Lastly, the eel-like fin/ridge along his back not only assists in his movement, as mentioned, but ripples and appears much like actual water. At his whim, he can cause this part of him to change temperature, heating or cooling the water around him as he sees fit.

Any other abilities are up to you. ^^;; I hope you like him!
Database Being Revamped

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Dude, that's really cool, too! How'd you get his frilly fin like that?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Xalia wrote:~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Xalia
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): theme appropriate (no pink!)
Species: dragonic
Theme: Okay, so I'm going to start requesting Les Mis dragons again, but I'm going to be a bit more specific this time! This month I want a Jean Valjean or a Javert dragon. Jean Valjean is an escaped convict, but also an honorable, religious man. I'm posting the link to one of the songs he sings below (Who Am I). Javert is an inspector who's life goal is to hunt down Jean Valjean and bring him to justice. A song he sings is also below (Stars).
http://www.dragonbackdesign.com/music/Who%20Am%20I.mp3
I'll have to post Javert's song later as I seem to have forgotten to upload it! >.<
Well I hope that I have done him justice... I have never seen Les Mis, nor would I really ever go see it... (I don't like musicals... please oh please don't assign me a phantom of the opera dragon - i *cannot stand* phantom's overdone music...) But, I checked out as much as I could find about the character and here he is. :) Jean Valjean, having one of those moments. :)

enjoy!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Shiolar!

Here is your dragon:

http://mordria.byethost22.com/veritosos/vadrith10.png

Name: Feel free to choose
ID: v010f

I hope you like her. She has a bit of a bad temper and tends to lash out. Otherwise she's mostly a calm dragon. ^^
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

:D Awesome Shard! Thank you! Sorry to torture you with a musical request! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

O.O DF, you are a goddess! He is sooooo beautiful! And I LOVE the traits!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Ehee. ^^;;;;; Glad you like him.
Database Being Revamped

LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

JESS!
jess d wrote: ~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): reds, golds, yellows
Features: fur, maybe feathers
Species: draconic, preferably (already existing species/template okay)
Element(s): fire
Theme:
Name: up to you
Well, he turned out a little ... odd... especially seeing as how his "wings" are giant feathers! :D I actually really like that, though, and his tiny ankle-wings. I did the "fire" effect by using the fire picture tube in Paint Shop Pro 9. Sorry there's pretty much no shading - I'm still teaching myself layers! (A big thanks to Sil for showing me how she does hers!) and when I shaded this guy using layers, he looked like crap :/ so I left them off. I hope you like him! :3

Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

He's very nice; I really like the fire effect and the coloration on his wings.
Is there anything else I should know about him? Abilities, size, anything like that? Or is it all up to me?
And no biggie on the shading; I haven't figured it out yet either. I think he looks fine without it
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Oooooh, she's gorgeous IceCat! Beautiful colouring on her. I love her. I'd hug her, but she'd prolly bite me... heh.
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Oh right! :D Abilities and name would be up to you. I generally draw my dragons with a size in mind... if there's no "set" size, I usually think of them to be around twice the size of a horse... so, ridable by humans, but not house-sized or anything XD So I'd guesstimate he'd be around 10-12 feet tall and probably almost twice that in length :3
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Lerial wrote:~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Lerial
E-mail: shadow_cave@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Earth-tone, perhaps with brighter accents if you feel like having fun XD
Features: quiver and arrows and bow, with ability to use
Species: any
Element(s): if any, fire or earth
Theme: Diana/Artemis or Hunter of some kind
Name:

OR (I couldn't decide which I wanted, so you get to choose XP)

Theme: "Lies" by Evanescence
Please do a save-target-as on this, or you might kill my bandwith XP
http://www.geocities.com/shadow_cave/Ev ... e-Lies.mp3

^^ Have fun with it
Okay, so I decided to go with your Hunter, quiver, arrows, bow, etc theme...tried listening to the song and it just made me angry... >.> So anyways...here's what I came up with! First off is a girl, she's an archer in training hence the bow, quiver and arrows.
Girl:

Okay, so look at her bow, not an ordinary bow! It's actually a dragon! If she inserts the 'tail' of the bow (the tip that looks like an arrowhead rather than a dragon head) into the ground (hence the /earth/ theme, eheh!) it will transform. The problem with this is that she cannot then command the dragon to transform back...the dragon has to do so willingly by inserting the arrowhead at the end of it's tail into the ground.
Dragon:

I've kinda been thinking of the dragon as male but feel free to make it either gender and all other stats and abilities are entirely up to you! Hope you like! I keep getting a little carried away with the 'story behind the images', but I'm really proud of how that girl turned out...hope you don't mind the anime look!!! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

I'm still working! :oops: I haven't forgotten or anything... I didn't have any clue how to draw the one I got, and I've been sick this week and am still kindof... oogy. I don't know if I'm going to make it to midnight (haha new year's eve...) but if I don't get this dragon up before I crash, I'll have him up Monday.

I didn't forget!!

*frantic Ty, still a bit green around the gills*
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

XDDDD
*glomps Xalia* She's awesome!
Is the dragon bonded to her, or does he just appear and have no real reason to return to bow form? Is he a 'fighting' dragon? *trying to think of reasons to call him*
awesomeness, btw XD really neat idea.
*grin* will it work if the point hits anything earthen, or does it have to be the ground? like, say, a tree for instance?
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I'm kinda thinking their only real /bond/ is tht the dragon is her bow but feel free to change that. And if you want the transformation to take place when the tail hits anything earthen that's fine! My guess would be she'd call the dragon when she was in over her head, but might have trouble coaxing him back into bow form once she'd called him and the danger is past. But they're yours so feel free to play with them! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon