Generators

For databases, charts, and FAQs, but don't forget to regularly back things up to your own files!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Are there any human-ish generators out there that only have physical description info? Like... hair, eyes, skin? X3 I remember Shard may have had one, but I can't recall where!
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Seventhsanctum I believe has some...
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Most of mine also contain other stuff. But the Fantasy generator would probably be best for your needs if you only want to strip out the other stuff.

It doesn't have inch-foot measurements but comparative height and build.

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/fantasyrandoms.htm
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That's alright! ^_^ I'm mostly just looking for physical descriptions that I can smack onto my own humanoid species, since I'm going to try to throw a few random candidates at people. >3
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I like that generator. *bookmarks it*
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

hate to ask, but does anyone, perchance, have a generator stashed away somewhere that includes like.. dragon information, too?

Specifically for pernese characters. like, maybe crafters, and dragonriders, and holders.. and for dragonriders, it would be like.. detailed dragon information. color they ride, maybe even some descriptive words for colour/the sort of subtle markings the dragon has.

I seriously doubt anyone has that, so i guess does anyone have a pernese character generator that i could perhaps modify?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Actually Sushi's generator list has one. It's what many of my Dragonhope riders are based on.

Buuuuut Sushi's been overdrawn again, and her site's down AGAIN. Like the EQPixelArmy site, which I am DYING over. :(

I could probably whip you up a new one, but right now I'm just unable to concentrate.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Eee! So happy, I finally got my wolf litter generator working! I had to completely rewrite it for the second time, but it works.
http://www.geocities.com/kitsunenekous/ ... ergen.html

It's still pretty bare and needs to be tweaked here and there; and it has to be altered for each litter, depending on the parents, but it was the only way I could figure out to include the parents' genetics. Feel free to take the code and alter it however you wish. Add stuff, delete stuff, whatever.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-missed shard's reply- -whine!- had i been earlier, i could've grabbed at that generator.. oh well.

if anyojne ever makes them, i'll give them kittens,
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Sushi's been down for months.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Actually I thought that too but she was up for a bit, a couple months ago. So apparently her host really hates her having a free site... :/

eAnyone know the emails or names of the folks who ran the EQPixel army site? Because it's down too and I really loved that dollmaker. Their domain expired about 3 weeks ago.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

There are some restrictions to it, but I found a site I absolutely love. It's meant to be used for 1 character [your avatar] but if you have 2 accounts on the site [one male, one female] then you can make different characters.

Meez.com

I'm sure some of you have heard of it. It's not the best, but I enjoy it for making characters.

Post by Guest »

So, I snagged code from a site. I'm intending on making a random pairing generator for my friend's pairing archive. How can I make it so that the second character cannot be the same as the first?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Create two separate lists. That's pretty much it.

I think there's a way to do it involving FAR more complicated java than I know, but ... I don't know how lol.

For my most recent gen, the Harry Potterverse student generator, I tried to make sure that their 'favorite class' and 'worst subject' were different, and it pretty much came down to several groupings of related skills, slotted into group A, B, C etc, and then the generator is told only to select from A > B, A > C, but never A > A. Since you're (I dunno, I know I do) writing the choices, you have complete control over this.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Meh, I'll just have to play with it. And go research. I'm not too experienced with these kind of scripts.... ^____^; gotta start somewhere.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

View this page source and look for the Professions area threads. Those are what I separated out to produce the results I've got :)

http://www.geocities.com/t32rf/hperator-2.htm
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I went to update my newest generator (just a toy for my nanowrimo novel ^^) and as soon as I saved the changes and tried it, I keep getting an error message like: (Yellow exclation mark) HAIRSTYLE or whatever. It does this everytime I click, even though some of those I never even touched. O.o It was working fine just before I did that, and I can't find anything wrong with the code. Anyone know what could do that?
I'll go ahead and post the link: http://www.geocities.com/kitsunenekous/nanogen.html
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, while I was looking through it with the error console active, there are a couple things:

Do searches for these to find where you need to correct em.

DOGC - the INTCAT is missing I, so it just says NTCAT

I got a lot of 'array has no properties' on the starting area of the generator for some reason, but I don't know, that's something that makes no sense (plus the error console often can't figure out why a cursor isn't where it's supposed to be, or that there's a freaking yahoo code changing the page size... sigh)

Maybe you should try changing the wording: style? I know I use that word in mine, but it won't get past HAIRSTYLE and ORCSTYLE.

Try changing that one INTCAT so the I is present. It worked in my browser when I fixed it.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Yep, I copy-pasted that, so I missed the first letter. I hate when it's just a little thing like that...Anyway, it's working now. I may write up some more candidates from this world...
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

So I was bored, and kept wanting to use Sushi's Dragonrider generator, but the site's always down, so I couldn't. So that's why I went ahead and cooked a generator myself. Good old-fashioned Pernese Dragonriders!
http://www.geocities.com/kitsunenekous/perngen.html
(And I finally updated that stupid personality list, too!)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Actually Sushi's generators is now SerpentScribe.

http://serpentscribe.net/index.php

Discovered that through 7th sanctum link :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Oh! Glee! I'm glad to know that.
>.> Well...I still like mine though. :P
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I like yours, too! Very inspiring, Kitsuneko!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yes, indeed, and thankfully - not on neon color backgrounds... o___o;
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*cackles!* Also a plus! XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I love the gens there but lol - my god. If I want to see neon afterimages for a day, that's the best place :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

o_o I don't see the neon background site...
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

The old one was, I think she cleared it up for the newer one. (thank goodness.) try looking at the Character generators, and select the cat gen. Some of them are still with the same neon background, but maybe she's actually gotten them all more neutral.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Finally made a list-page for my generators. They're easier to find now.
http://www.geocities.com/kitsunenekous/
(Trying to decide if I want to make an Eragon Rider generator, just to be silly. hee. >.>)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

OooooOOOOOohhh, Rukel generator! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com