C'mere, kid, I got a contest for ya.

For contests and challenges, free for all to join and create.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

LakotaWolf
Dragon

C'mere, kid, I got a contest for ya.

Post by LakotaWolf »

BASED ON A TRUE STORY ZOMG.
AND INSPIRED BY ASTRA, WHO IS AWESOME.

-------
Lakota trundled happily down the corridor, a bowl of steaming hot Spaghetti-Os in her black-furred paws. So what if the expiration date had been up six months ago? She’d cooked it quite well over the firepit, thank you very much, and any botulism lurking in the bright, unnaturally orange pasta circles was probably very dead by now.

Just in case, she left her Last Will and Testament stuck to the refrigerator with a banana-shaped magnet. One could never be too careful.

As she neared Sitheil Tirean’s "private cave" sector, a bloodcurdling scream cut through the entirety of the cave network, reverberating off of the walls until the sound was distorted, larger than life. Lakota responded with a shriek of her own and dropped her bowl, splattering round refugees from the Chef Boyardee universe all over her fur.

For the moment, panic had lent her a momentary reprise from dealing with the pasta plastered in her fur, and she dashed down the corridor towards the main caves.

She passed by a cowering Schattarneki hatchling in one of the hallways, its fur standing up so straight that it hid the small shoulder-spikes that were beginning to grow into wings. "Where?" Lakota gasped at it, and it raised one shaking paw and pointed towards Kaere's lab.

The gold, black, and now-orange wolf practically flung herself through the archway that led to Kaere's lab, preparing herself for anything--fruit-dragon gone mad, interdimensional portal to Hell opening, locust swarms--anything.

Kaere had her back against one of the far cave walls, her white-mottled paws splayed against the cold stone. She turned and stared at Lakota, her eyes huge behind her glasses. "It's… horror," she panted, her claws digging at the stone behind her.

Lakota snapped her head around, staring into the lab. She couldn't see any hulking monsters or bile-dripping demons--

Abruptly, a high-pitched, eerie voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Who's that comin' from somewhere up in the sky?
Moving fast and bright as a firefly
Just when you think the trouble's gonna pounce
Who's gonna be there when it really counts?"

"MAKE IT STOOOOOP," Kaere shrieked, clapping her paws to her fuzzy ears. "Ever since I created it—singing—non-stop—that song—"

Lakota scowled, turning to eye the other wolf. "You're freaking out over something you created?" she asked, raising a black-furred eyebrow.

"It's horror," Kaere insisted, squeezing her eyes shut. Then she reopened them. "It's—wait, why do you have Spaghetti-Os in your fur?"

"Never mind," Lakota said grumpily. "What in the name of the Great Snickerdoodle did you create?"

Kaere gazed at her mournfully. "I was just trying to create something cute," she whispered. "A lapdragon, something cute and fuzzy and round that people could hug and squeeze, but something--happened, and it all went wrong…"

The voice came again, from a shrouded cage in the corner of Kaere's lab.

"Do the Care Bear Countdown
And send a wish out through the air
Just do the Care Bear Countdown
When you need them they'll be there…"

Lakota approached the cloth-draped cage, her ears flat against the side of her skull. Her heart felt like a snare drum being slammed against her ribs, but she didn't stop walking towards the shrouded bars. The voice pealed out from its depths again, shrill and loud.

"Don't be afraid when trouble's brewin' in your heart
If you can dream just send a wish out in the dark
And do the Care Bear Countdown
5, 4, 3, 2… 1!"

As soon as the thing within shrilled "ONE!", Lakota reached out with both paws and grasped the cloth, flinging it back.

"Dear gods," she breathed.

"Hi! I'm Twinkieheart!" the thing chirruped. And it smiled.

Horror.

-------

Okay so XD Like it says above, I was inspired by Astra's super-cool and really cute Care Bear Dragon in the "This Means War!" thread. So I went to my attic and pulled out all my old books... including piles and piles of Care Bear books (yes, I still own them, can't make myself throw them away ::shame::). I looked at a bunch of the pictures and drew a Care Bear Dragon... template XD What I want the lot of you to do is... help Kaere create some more CBDs. She has a lot of "blank" embryos in her lab... let's see some inventive behbies!

What Ya Godda Do:
Design/color a Care Bear Dragon (CBD from now on cuz I lazy). You can color them any way you want to, computer-color, print them out and color with markers or colored pencils or various condiments like ketchup and mustard.

What It's Godda Be:
You have to use the template I drew, but you can make the CBD any colors you want, any patterns you want, with any "belly marking" you want. It can be your favorite food, an activity, an animal, or an inanimate ball of dust. Just... keep it slightly kosher >_< I don't want to see "Severed Eyeball Bear" or "Hypodermic Heart". You can see my own personal CBD above. His name is Twinkieheart :3

When It's Godda Be Done By:
As I've provided the template for you, all you have to do is color it, so you guys get two weeks XD So, they're due by midnight PST on November 21st.

Where You Godda Put Em:
Just post them in this thread along with any questions/comments/flames/rants/etc., and I'll glean them out.

Watchoo Gonna Get?:
Well, unfortunately this prize isn't going to be as great as the one for my "REdesign-a-dragon" contest will be, but... the CBD that I like the absolute best (on principles of design, cleverness, etc) will win any custom dragon from me that they'd like. This can be anything from a custom-colored Schattarneki to a custom "food dragon" (like Pomarius Bete or Hotcakes McGee) or to a completely customized critter, essentially like an exchange dragon XD You just describe to me what you want, and I'll draw it. You can also ask for a lineart template that you may use as an adoptable from your site, or to color yourself. My SECOND favorite CBD will get the lineart only, to do with what you wish :3 (rewards borrowed somewhat from Fuzzy's contest 'cuz they're perfect)

Ze templates!
If you need them in another file format, just ask!
http://www.theglasswolf.com/cyberpets/c ... mplate.jpg
http://www.theglasswolf.com/cyberpets/c ... mplate.gif
Last edited by LakotaWolf on Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

XD I dunno if you said but--

Do we get to keep the carebears? XD

>X=3

Knows juuust whats going to happen to them... *mwahahaha*
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Yeah, you'll get to keep them XD And they're breedable as dragons... so... compatibility, yesh >:}

Plus there will be a speshul treat for EVERYONE who enters. So, it's healthy to enter. The Surgeon General wants you to enter.
Lakota Windfang Sheean,

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*has a clevar idea that prolly won't win her a damn thing* XD I'm'a print one of those out on the way to school, yes.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Predictably, given the nature of the Nexus, the first potential bear that occured to me was Dragonheart. Except when you say Dragonheart, there's really only one thing a true dragon fan can think of. XD

So then I moved on to this guy, a tribute to Kaere, Dr. Schroeder, Shy, and anyone else that spends their time whipping up new little (or not-so-little) dragons to unleash on the world: Labheart!

Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Openheart! *cackles*

Somehow, I don't think this guy's what you were looking for. :)

And...

Bleedingheart!

*gives up*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Augh! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! XPPP *pokes Samber in the brain* Baaaaad!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

::snrk!:: I like Bleedingheart, but I think Openheart definitely counts as "not kosher", as Lakota put it. XD
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

The horror.

I remember my sister used to like Carebears... *shudders*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

^_^ I used to /love/ the carebears... I was a pretty typical kid, though. XD Yay dolls and MLP's and carebears and poppels and ninja turtles and ghost busters and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego and and.... too many little-kid shows that are atrocious now that I look back on them!
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Its name is Spectrumheart. XD

Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Meet Polarbear... I couldn't resist...

I need to find some way of cleansing myself of the evilness now...

I used to love Ghost Busters... and Captain Planet was a favourite too... Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego used to annoy me though. Really, really annoy me.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I loved that show! Where in the World is...Carmen Sandiego? *L* Cool game too...

Ooo...and oh the joys of Oregon Trail.../loved/ that game.. :D

And yeah, I'm with you, Dray...popples, and My Little Ponies, and Barbie and CareBears... <.< >.> I even watched the CareBear show and movies...heh...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I was such a boy-child. XD I was all Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Legos and Playmobil and Dinoriders and Power Rangers (only for the big robot toys-- which I still have! XD) and all into video games and stuff. True, I had some Barbies and other girlie things, but for the most part I thought boys got the cooler toys. XD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

;_; So true, at least with McDonalds toys. The boy's toys actually /did/ things... like... roll, with wheels. XD The girl-toys just sat there and looked pretty.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

XD Whuzzat make me? I had dino and animal models, as well as stuffed toys, lego, and sandboxes. XD I shunned Barbies AND Ninja Turtles!
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

ATYPICAL! :P
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I'm 35 and still collect toys. Of course I don't have time to accually PLAY with them.

And for my entry...dang you Lakota and your shrunken templates. It's a shoddy coloring job, but I do have a love for darkness, and HAD to do this.

Meet Totaleclipseofthe Heart.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

:: gasp ::

Le Horror!

...Such a Teenage Mutant Ninja Pony fan. >=P
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

o/` Once upon a time I was fallin in love... o/`

Awesomeness, Myr. X3
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

*giggles*

Be kind to her, every now and then she gets a little bit lonely... >D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

Brokenheart!

Lichheart! >D Complete with glowy red eyes!

Aaaand...HeART. X33

"Put your heart into your art, put art into your heart."
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

*scoots in. *Can I get the template in BMP?
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Wheee! Playmobil! I still have all mine, up in the attic. Well over £1000 worth of it, and most of it now really rare...
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Asha Wermyst wrote:*scoots in. *Can I get the template in BMP?
Woo, big old file XD here ya go:

http://www.theglasswolf.com/cyberpets/c ... mplate.bmp
Lakota Windfang Sheean,

Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

*Thanks! *Scoots off with it.*
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

*wonders what sort of horrors I have created*
Wow, a whole contest based on my badly drawn this means war post! I am both flattered and frightened XD

I like totaleclipseoftheheart best so far. spaceeeey XP All entries are awesome though!
ImageImageImage