November Dragon Exchanges - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

XD Those are really cool, Shard!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Thankees. I was *totally* unable to draw for the last month. But I'm sitting my friend's house (cat? what cat... oh, there he is hiding) and decided to take advantage of the fact that there were TABLES there.... my mom's covered my light table *again* in crap (to keep the cats off it! my ass! it's juuuunk!) so I can't draw in the house. meh.

But I think they turned out pretty cool. Though Lakota's with the push brush feathering ... My first attempt at doing that really looked good. this one... not as good as I'd like. But, misty, and that counts right?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Duuuuuuuude! XD That is SO not what I expected-- it's even BETTER! XDDDD I thought you'd somehow peg those traits to a dragon, but that pure insectishness PWNS ALL! :D I luuuuuuurrrrrve it! <3!

Aw man, I so gotta come up with something awesome to do with it. X3 Man...

Thanks so much, Shard! :D ::snugs::
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^_^ Yakima, I love him. *snuggles the frigid draggie* ^^ He looks like he's just stepped off a glacier! *purring* thank you!

*grins* And if you'd like to make his species into an Anarian species, then go ahead ^^ He's cute.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Saaaaambeeeeeer!

You said Hafsnupelfern, I said "Gesundheit!"

No, wait...

I mean, "That sounds like the name of a very silly, friendly dragon!" So here he is!

Very orange, very oriental, with "body-fire" that mimics the floaty feathery wings you mentioned. X3 I wonder if he's related to my Vulcan?

Naaaw.

Enjoy!
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Sorry I wasn't able to post sooner- I love what you did to my iPod idea. I was expecting- I actually don't know what I was expecting, but yay! Oh, am not on my home computer so can't save him and pige him yet. (It's a him. His name is... Something with an L, and possibly a P or an M in there somewhere. Yeah.)

Thanks!
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

Dragon Flight
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Species: Draconic please. (Bipedal/Anthro style also ok, but draconic base.) Check. Anthro style dragon.
Theme: Ok, the second installment of my Advent Children requests! After Sargon floored me in October with the Sephiroth look, let's change pace to.....Cloud! Now, how specifically you take this is up to you. You could model a whole sketch off him, just use some traits, focus on the colors, whatever! But, use Cloud as your reference! Preferably the Advent Children version, but the game one is ok too. (He just wears more purple-ish clothing in that one. XD) I attached the spiky hair and everything! Because I did it by color pencils and don't have black, I made him in shades of blue and purple.

Comments:
he has real honest to god blonde 'hair', however that spiky thing is more like a crest. He can fly, his wings are really really leathery and soft and he's fully functional in every way.

I don't seem to be getting along with many technical things ^^ because my files are always too big. Because of this, while I have uploaded it onto photobucket, it's been resized drastically. _SO_, I've emailed you a copy.

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>.> <.< *steals him*
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

~Squeals!~ XD He's teh AWESOME!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Xenoqueen wrote:Saaaaambeeeeeer!

You said Hafsnupelfern, I said "Gesundheit!"

No, wait...

I mean, "That sounds like the name of a very silly, friendly dragon!" So here he is!

Very orange, very oriental, with "body-fire" that mimics the floaty feathery wings you mentioned. X3 I wonder if he's related to my Vulcan?

Naaaw.

Enjoy!
Eeeee! He's perfect! I love him! *squeals like a fangirl and runs off happily with Hafsnupelfern*
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Oi Starfyre! ^^

Colour(s): dark, mysterious colors
Features: small but slinky, with a blaze of some stand-out-y color
down the muzzle, "fingerless gauntlet" type things covering the wrists
and lower arms, tribal style runes.. anything else you feel would make
it look "mysterious and mischievous"
Species: dragonish
Element(s): any you feel fit
Theme: mystery and mischief

I think I got it, but ooh wow, I'm so frustrated with this one. The red ring of pixels around the outlines was from when I tried to trim the white pixels off the black outlines... >_<"

PS: it can turn into a 2d tattoo on whoever bonds to. ^^ And it can turn real again as it wills. D: Hope you like it!

<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

*grins* Phe, that dragon reminds me of Falcore from the Neverending story!
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Yakima wrote:*grins* Phe, that dragon reminds me of Falcore from the Neverending story!
::laughs:: Cacopheny thought it looked like a cross between Falkor and my own Dr. Schroeder. XD So I guess I'm outnumbered-- I thought he looked like Albert Einstein!
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

*grabs a handful of pokballs* SHERRAAAA~ and KESSSAVVAAA GOOO!

Name: Sherra
Colours: Sky blues, oranges, greens, gold and a little bit of black ;)
Features: Long sinewy neck, big ears, fancy gold claws, big huge wings with reflective lining, Seshoumaru's sheep tattoo on her neck :X, spiky hair-like crest that can be raised when angered. Sorry no frill like those neato dinos :( i completely forgot ;;
species: Azonese mutt of somesort ;)
elements: Coolness?
Theme: Sherraness. Trendy xeno-loving Hydra queen.
You can decide on abilites and things, after all it's you ;)

Name: Garnix Gorgenosh (say that three times fast--you can change it if you want, just thought it worked :D).
Colours:Blues, ice blue, misty frosty grays
Features: Long neck, pronged bullhorns, stubby tail and a ton of jewelry.
Species: Draconic. Azonese Golgan (which is a brand new spieces, invented like three days before i got the request :D so congrats, you're the first to own one~~)
Element(s): Ice and Snow.
Theme: Winter
Abilities: extreme strength, he's bulky in the front with a smaller back region and able to push/move twice his body weight. Minor telepathy, verbal speech. Ice breath, frostbite, anything dealing with snow/wind/water manipulation.
Brief Personality: Cool Calm and collected, the tundra before a roaring snowstorm. He's mild mannered and ususally quiet. Has a distinct and profound love and care for nature, he's a nurturer and tries to protect things (especially smaller flufier things) from harm. He's very careful about his movements, and some might call him elegant because of this. He dares not share the real reason for this, because he is afraid he will be made fun of for it. He moves carefully and precisely to avoid stepping on or hurting any of the small creatures that might run out inbetween his large muscular legs. :D
(AWWWW! ;_;)

if photobucket resizes it, i can give you the orginal
[/b]
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Aee, Sargon, you are just too good with the Sherradragon!
(on a completely random note, I was able to say that G-name three times fast... :D )

hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

*stares at SherraDragon then starts squealing*

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! XD I love it! I absolutely love it! *falls over giggling* The I <3 Xeno is so perfect!

And the sheeeeeeeeep! You got the sheeeeeeeeeep! *cackle cackle*

Gawd... I'm going to have to write myself up as a candidate now just so I can use that wonderful image... XD One day... I wake up... and I'M A DRAGON! Won't the roommate just looooooooooooove that! *cracks up some more*

I love it! I love it! Thanks, Sargon!

Edit: Ok... I'm officially in love with it... I'm about to print it out and stick it on my wall! ^^
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

!! *cackles* I can just feel the mischief rolling off my new little pretty, Fuzzy! ^^ I get the feeling the hathian hybrids are going to get a run for their money in Akelara now... *snickers* ^_^

Thank you! All the fun things I can do now... *smirks, plotting*
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

*laughs happily* Wooohhoooooo! XD Yes! ^____^ *giggles and snugs tight* X3 And with the Hathians' thick fur, who knows if it can teleport onto others for however long it wants or not? >D

Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Xenoqueen wrote: ::laughs:: Cacopheny thought it looked like a cross between Falkor and my own Dr. Schroeder. XD So I guess I'm outnumbered-- I thought he looked like Albert Einstein!
lol...I see all three, actually! :D

Alair WolfKeep
Rachael
Dragon

Mystic!

Post by Rachael »

Okay, so I got my self-image out of the way...

Yo, Mystic! Your self-image critter's jogging by us right now!

You might end up shooting me... This is NSFW! Not that it's... bad, but, well, yeah. :: ninja-hides ::

Name: I suggest, "Death Of Rachael", but hey. XD Kits.
Colour(s): Well... Crimson. And neon green. And red. And black. And steel blue. And white. And gold. But blonde! And blue-eyed. Just... because.
Features: A mangled white feather wing, a whole steel blue, black striped feather wing, retracted steel claws (think a lay style of the chick who faced off against Wolverine in X2), lots of spikes (which were hard, dangit!), and other nifty stuff? She's striped. And so incredibly anatomically incorrect. XD
Species: Anthro-dragon.
Element(s): Fire and acid.
Theme: Okay. I tried mixing together everything. Was I successful? Possibly. This is different than other images because it is a pencil drawing I shaded and then scanned in to color. So this is themed "You".
Gender: If you think she's not female, she'll be very able to prove you wrong.

Now... MERRY early CHRISTMAS! :: collapses ::
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

H'wow. Amazing! blinkie!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*stares* O.O Oh my GAWD that is cool! That is just so amazingly... perfect! And I love the blinkie spikes. XD Those could entertain me for hours.

>.> Hee.... I'm NSFW.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Oh excellent! You like her! :: fwoomp :: I was worried the element of NSFW would make you not so inclined to liking. Of course, I only realize this afterward. Which goes to show - obliviousness is relative. :wink:

Ah! Just so glad you like her! And seriously, I think I've got my Christmas decoration done just by watching her spikes. I am glad you like the blinkingness. =3

And you too, Shard. XD
Kesava
Fledgling

Post by Kesava »

Whoot!

He's soo cool, Sargon, thanks!

*cackles* I can just see some young dragonet trying to hang off his little beard/mustache things when he's lying down like that.
~Kes~
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Xalia!

Arrrrr! Self-Dragon for yoooouuuu!
~ABOUT YOUR SELF-CRITTER~ (again, NOT your current avatar!)
Colour(s): PURPLE! Also could be deep reds...just NO PINK!
Features: horns, sharp nails, fur, multiple tails
Species: dragon, or dragon-ish...preferably with use of hands in some fashion...can't imagine not having a way to grasp and carry something...
Element(s): Spirit (as in self-awareness and understanding of others rather than contact with the spirit realm), not sure I like it as an element but I am rather earthy, love animals and outdoors and such, Fire for my temper when you manage to provoke it...heh...
Theme: Mediator and peacekeeper!
Gender: female, definitely female...I wouldn't want to be a man...*shudders at the thought*

Also available in:
GIF (Looks like krap....)
PNG (Not transparent though....)

Anyways, here's info, yaaaay. ^_~

Name: Your Choice (See below for naming pattern information.)
Species/Race/Breed: Moon Dragon (Well, they have a more official name but I'm still trying to figure out how to write it out - but that's a semi-accurate English translation. ^_~)
Descendant Of: Iyan-Il

Abilities: Spirit Sight, Spirit Tongue, Heat Vision, Dark Vision, Magical Aptitude*, Shifting (Lunari Form)

* (Very magically gifted, you can select the field or fields of your choice. ^_~)

Info: Ok, the fun, long part! This lovely lady does indeed hail from Kynn, but unlike the other types you've seen, she's a little different. The Moon Dragons, well, they come from the moons. (And simply put, Kynn has seven of them, and they aren't the only ones living there.)
Moon Dragons are bipedal, with advanced, almost delicate hands, though their claws remain long and sharp, and actually aid them in dexterous motions, such as writing. They have three different 'types' of vision, and can actually switch between them - normal, 'dark', and 'heat'. Dark Vision is in black and white, and allows them to see perfectly in pitch black environments. Heat Vision places their vision in something akin to infra-red, allowing them to see body heat and other such sources. All Moon Dragons can see spirits (be they ghosts, elemental spirits, or anything else you can think of) if they focus on the attempt, and have a natural knack for speaking to and being understood by spirits, even if they share no common language.

Moon Dragons are relatively small in comparison to many dragons, reaching an average of about 17' when they stand fully upright (not including length of tail). They can shift form, taking on the appearance of a Lunari, the humanoid race with whom they often share territory. (For details on appearance, just ask.) However, some part of their dragon form remains present during shift (varies by individual but is always the same for that individual), be it wings, patches of scales, claws, whatever.

Each Moon Dragon has a first name, which they are given at birth, but sometimes decide to change their name when they're older, and so take a second name that they prefer to be called by. They also have a family name, which is passed along from the father. AND there is also a title, though I haven't finalized the format yet, but it's absurdly long. (I'll PM you when I figure it out.) Generally the entire thing is used only during the most formal of occasions. Most introductions don't even warrant it. (So basically you'd have 'First Name' 'Second/Prefered Name, If Applicable' 'Family Name' 'Title'. @_@

Moving on, as you might notice, part of the stats list says, "Descendant Of". This names the moon (and primal element) to which the Moon Dragon is 'related'. The name in this case is 'Iyan-Il', which is the primal element of Spirit. Iyan-Il's 'descendants' have two tails, and what is called the 'crown of horns', which is that crazy spiral of horns on her head. In general, Iyan-Il's children are calm and logical. They always think before they act. As such, they make excellent mediators or peacekeepers. This female in particular is very highly ranked in her society, even though she's left for somewhere else - you can tell by her jewelry.

Let's see.....that pretty much covers it, except for one last detail (that I can think of). This particular race was initially designed to be a 'character' type race. I don't know if you had intentions to, but please, no breeding/biosynthing/etc without specific permission. (Mostly because they tend to take one mate, permanently, but other than that.... ^^;;;)

Feel free to PM with questions, I think I got everything down that I wanted to. @_@
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

You already received my squeeing over the image so I'll save the board that...but awesome awesome stats too! :D I so have to turn her into a candidate...thank you so much DF! She's so awesome! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Glad you like. ^.^ Where can I send the medical bill for losing a hand during the coloring? XD Just kidding, mwahahaa.
Database Being Revamped

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Due to a question I received, I would like to clarify/reword the "wholly separate" statement I made in the first post regarding the self-image exchange.

The self-image exchange is, in truth, only separate in terms of the fact that I am not grading the images, and that it was possible that names would be distributed to people that had had them before.

Not finishing the self-image you owe, however, will still result in you being Blacklisted, even if your normal exchange image has been turned in. I did warn against joining both exchanges if you didn't think you could finish both, so unfinished images in the self-image exchange will still be "punished".

My recommendation, if anyone still owes both? Finish the normal image first, and turn the self-image one in late if necessary. You'll be Blacklisted, but at least your normal image won't be docked points for being late.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

With that, will the self-image descriptions, if there are any that are left, going to be open to volunteers?

You know, since I like to draw ^.^;
ImageImageImageImageImage
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I am so close to allowing to be blocked and ask my person if she wouldn't mind haveing a template that would fit because I cannot get this image right and the one I started that was so close disapeared - for some reason the wings are not coroporating! *shakes fist at it* But hey, at least my normal one is done! XD

Alair WolfKeep