Sil's Monthly Art Contest -- July

For contests and challenges, free for all to join and create.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Silver Midnight

Sil's Monthly Art Contest -- July

Post by Silver Midnight »

I had an idea the other day, just a bit of a random thought. There are certainly areas of art I need to work on, and I know everyone else here has them as well. So I figured -- why not make a bit of a game out of it?

Every month, I'm going to try to work on a different style of artwork or a specific problem area I need more practice in. =) My challenge to all of you is to try the same techniques and styles and see what you can come up with! Everyone will get a prize, but there will be three major placings and they will get a "better" prize according to a theme.

One of my pictures for this month isn't finished, but I wanted to get this rolling for July.

This month's style is "character card", think of tarot cards or Magic Cards. They don't have to be in the SAME drawing style, but they should be a type of card image.

And, this month's technique is dynamic highlighting--or at least highlighting of some sort. Choose a specific angle and highlight according to it, more points for hard to do things -- reflections, strong light, filtered light.

Below are my pictures, the one on the left is not yet finished and the one on the right is from the dragon exchange. So who is interested?

Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

depending on the deadline, I'll give it a go ^_^
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

I would say end of the month, because I'd like to do a theme a month....though I'll give it until August 12th, since I put up this one late. I'll start the August one while this one is still running, though...August 1st.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I might give this a go..

Hmm... the unnamed one needs an image, since he looks too awesome to skip that..

And maybe Naalavas. Naalavas is always fun.

-StarFyre
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I like this, I'll give it a shot. Mind, it'll probably be in black and white markers, since I need to keep improving in that arena. XD