Trick or treat! (a bit early, but who cares?)

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Samber
Dragon

Trick or treat! (a bit early, but who cares?)

Post by Samber »

I knooow, there's going to be a Halloween Frenzy and stuff already, but I wanna do something, too. So, I'm giving out flitter eggs to trick-or-treaters. :D The mother's red and orange, but the babies will be /very/ Halloweenish. (Well, most of 'em.)

I'm starting this now because I've got everything ready anyway and I want to give people enough time--don't wanna have the eggs unhatched into November, you know.

Ring the doorbell!
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Eeheeehee... Ideas, ideas... *Cackle*
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

sounds like fun
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Ooh, ooh!! * goes off to write a story, mumbling. *Ladeedah....
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm so doing this. :) Excellent idea!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*gets smacked upside the head by her muse* o.O OMG! I just had the greatest idea for Halloween candidates!

Awesome idea by the way!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

What exactly do we have to do for these? *feels dumb...has a little boy she'd like to get a cute flitter though!*
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

The rules are on the page. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Silver Midnight

X3 I could do something cute, have someone teach Monnie about Samhain/Halloween. XD Maybe Aria, too...
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Me first!! Whee! Nailing two projects with one page. (I wanted to put up my dragon from Asha too but I can't find him, he's at home not here at work.)

http://www.geocities.com/t32rf/october.htm

I like the story of course! Nolaizama is the recipient of the egg. I was a little unclear: is it on earth or Dasmalenra? I kinda mixed the two. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

It's at the Folly, which may or may not be located somewhere in the central-western United States. :) I'm not quite sure myself...
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Ook- just noticed that you said one at a time, but I've got one story for five candidates at once, and then stat sheet-thingies...

Wait! I know! I can write the story, and then send one stat sheet at a time! I'm brilliant!

...Riiight. Bright as mud, I always say.

Wait, isn't in clear as mud and sharp as rocks? Or something like that. I'm too stupid to tell myself that I'm stupid today. >.<
Silver Midnight

Hey Samb? What does your muse look like since he's scaring people?
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

He's an anthro gryphon, normally has varied yellow feathers but he's painted/dyed himself entirely black. Doesn't wear a shirt, 'cause it interferes with flying. Supposing one was a female of a compatible race, he would be considered 'hawt'. Eyes are blue, height something like 6-7 feet (not sure), has a tail and paws/talons with a handlike configuration, not human hands... Is there anything else you need to know?
Silver Midnight

Anthro griffin would've just worked! *Giggles* And his personality, because I was going to use him in the little story. ^^ It's cute.

*throws a random Katri at him*

<Katri Girl>GACK! ...hey...he is hot.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Well, I have a little personality snippet... here, I think, but not much.
Silver Midnight

Would he be apologetic if someone yelled at him for scaring little kids? XD
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

No, he would act sullen and immature.

Actually, for a good model of how he'll react to being told he's done something wrong and ought to apologize... have you ever seen the animated movie Sinbad (insert some subtitle I can't remember here), think it was a Dreamworks one? Think there's a preview on here... http://sinbad-themovie.com/
Silver Midnight

Nope, haven't seen it...looks amusing though! XD I'll just do the story and if I get him wrong, tell me and I'll change it.. Kay? ^^
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Start getting ready for a big load, Samber....the entire aurling and aurlet population of the Aurie (and some adults, who ought to be older than that) are about to show up on your doorstep..... bwahahaha.....
Silver Midnight

*pokes Asha* Rules say you can only send one at once!
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

They don't all get eggs! Most of them are afraid of Locke.....and....yes..
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Homygawd, I have a bird-girl I was planning on sending in- a little less birdy in her humanish form, but a shifter. She shifts to sparrow- what's HIS bird half? STORY FORMING- She's dateing Tek, so it may cause a bit of a problem, but he'll get over it- but he might set himself on fire once or twice. (He's a fire elemental-wood nymph cross, mostly wood nymph- I'm sorry, Tek, DRYAD, he's got a twin sister who's mostly fire. They are FUN to write!)

How would he react to a 4' 10" bird-girl oogling him and being dragged off by her boyfriend who threatens to burn him to a crisp if he so much as looks funny at her?
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

*laughs* Poor Locke...

In turns, amused, terrified, and seriously PO'd.

And if you really need to know, he's close to a traditional lion-eagle gryffe, but less a combination and more one unique creature. Tufty ears! *fwuffles*
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Aha- that works, 'cause she's attracted to danger. (Why else would she risk making out with someone who lights himself on fire when scared, nervous, or happy? Or any other strong emotion... such as lust... >.>)

heehee...
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

All righty! Gots my first egg-story up! There's a lot of links to give you, though.... XD Let me know if you get confused!

Just remember, I PMed you to ask about this, and you said it'd be okay, long's I only posted one at a time and don't take more'n five o.o And since there's still 49 eggs left, I didn't think it'd be a problem >.>

The actual honest-to-god trick-or-treater: http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/myth/tavarez.htm (I love my Tavarez ^^ )

The story where he gets eggs:
http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/myth ... loween.htm

Character who's getting the first of the eggs:
http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/danui/ramana.htm

Story-chapter where her daddy gets the egg from Tavarez:
http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/danu ... tory05.htm

Story-chapter where she finds out she has a present coming:
http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/danu ... tory06.htm

She'll get the egg for reals in the next chapter, when her brother/sister (who I don't have yet XD ) gets his/hers, too. I'll be posting that one as the one for her brother/sister egg-getting.... XD I just couldn't justify giving to one, and then giving to the other later ^^'
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Augh I gotta get into this, must write stories.....so much to dooooo!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

*pokings*

And I'm letting y'all send in as many trick or treaters at once as you want, so long as there's a story for each.

Three days left! C'mon, peoples!

Pleeeease?
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Gaaaah, can't you extend the deadline? Just a little? o.o I have 5 books to read this weekend, a paper outline to write, and an annotated bibliography I need to put together. All before Tuesday. I don't have any time for writing, and I have at least one more I have to write....
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

http://www.mysticalplace.com/sw/bronwenstory1.html

Bronwen Pyralis (her stats) will be receiving the egg. I hope my story's all right. I will be sending you a few more, hopefully. Your story is funky, too. :D

Let's see... *peers at rules again* Zat's all!

Oh, and I linked back to Dasmalenra if that's all right. I can change it in a jiffy if you need. :)
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry