5 hundred billion questions--!

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

LakotaWolf
Dragon

5 hundred billion questions--!

Post by LakotaWolf »

Hi again :D

I know I may not have put this in the right forum... but... I figured this might be the most appropriate forum, since these are ideas that'll help form my dragoning site :}

I've actually got a bunch of questions that I want to get out of the way before I finalize my dragoning agency type thing. I really don't want to step on anyone's toes or anything, so I figure I'll ask and just cover my bases now :} So, the questions! There aren't 5 hundred billion... close, though...

1. May I consider my site part of the "Nexus"? By that, I mean may I link back to the Nexus sites/forum and stuff like that?
2. May I post updates and such to the Kshau Yahoo group and tell candidates to join that group?
3. How does breeding with other species work out? Do I always draw the offspring if the dragons' owners submit their breeding request to my site?
4. How do the offspring work, so to speak? Do I just mix the parent species' traits as I see fit, or is there a sort of accepted rule to hybridizing?

Please feel free to answer me with brutal honesty if need be, and please beat me with a Nerf bat if I posted this in the wrong place or am being rude or presumptuous. >_< I know that most of you already know each other from the old boards and such, and I feel like kind of a dumb noob :'{ By that, I mean, everyone has been really nice to me and you've all made me feel welcome :3 but I just don't know entirely what's going on yet.

I would say my site is 60% done. I hope to have it up and running and adopting out eggies after next weel. I WILL post links to my rules and such, so everyone can look over them and tell me if they're too harsh or lax or whatnot!

Thank you all so much for the help so far :3 I'm really enjoying it here!

::hugs her yautjadragon and Selampotato-hybrid::
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

XD I'm glad your enjoying yourself. Let me try my hand at answering the questions.

1. May I consider my site part of the "Nexus"? By that, I mean may I link back to the Nexus sites/forum and stuff like that?
2. May I post updates and such to the Kshau Yahoo group and tell candidates to join that group?
3. How does breeding with other species work out? Do I always draw the offspring if the dragons' owners submit their breeding request to my site?
4. How do the offspring work, so to speak? Do I just mix the parent species' traits as I see fit, or is there a sort of accepted rule to hybridizing?

1 Yes, of course! I think, if I haven't misplaced my brain somewhere, Nexus started off as an explanation as to why all of our seperate worlds could connect with each other, and something to use when we set up our own worlds, instead of staying on the once traditional pern, alskyr, etc. So there's absolutely no trouble, I think.

2 You'll have to ask Shard/Sara/owner of the always abused Vanya lineage that question, since in a way, it is her group? But I don't see why there would be a problem. Of course, it doesn't take much time to set up your own yahoo group, which several of us have already done.

3 In terms of species, first of all it depends. Some creators here have some requirements and rules when it comes to the breeding of their species, so you'll have to check that out seperately.
It depends. You can draw them yourselves, which is usually done however there have been many instances when the owner of the said creature has drawn their own offspring. I think that happened at Star City with those ridiculously cute furry things drawn by Sil chan?
To me, breeding has always been an excuse to have a clutch with parents and lineages I wanted to continue.

4. Again, when it comes to breeding it depends on what the creators of said species have said. Some people do draw new images for every new pair, like it's done at Star City. However, although I'm not sure if it still counts, most of us usualyl stick to pre drawn bases for our images. There is no set guidelines yet, so as long as you have permission, I think you can do anything you want! Realistically speaking of course.
I myself, stick to predrawn images and only deal with dragons. that way, no matter what dragon comes my way (Pernese, mutt, what ever) I still have pure bred (somewhat) Vella Crean court dragons as offsprings.
I'm sure someone will come along and answer this all in a more coherent fashion. XD I just had time so I thought I'd tap out a brief answer.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

1 and 2 have pretty much been answered, so I'll post my views on 3 and 4.

3) It all depends on the owners of the images, and species. Some people don't want their dragons breeding with other species, you'll have to check with the other agencies before you allow a flight. It can be confusing at times. Personally, I think if someone sends dragons to fly/chase/breed at your agency, they want you to do the drawing.

4) That depends on you. I'm one of the people that mix traits, though in the Shadowpeak Sands, catdragon genes are rather dominant (A catdragon with anything else will produce a catdragon). But each clutch of mine would have a new outline to do--or per parent, depending on the situation. Like my first clutch:

http://www.edgeofshadows.com/EverRealm/ ... kup01.html

Various outlines. I'm taking open flights at an agency you run to mean a chance to play with other traits than you have in you dragons.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

1 Absolutely and welcome to the Nexus!!

2 That's what the Kshau board is for, there are still a few people on it who haven't joined here yet, and there are in fact other boards connected to (older) sites that have possibly even more members to touch on. But feel free, anything that plugs a new site is fine with me.

3 and 4 are answered but I will recommend this: Offer *either* a stock image for breeding, so that no matter who comes to visit your sands they're going to get "your" image, AND/OR specifically a hybridization sands. A number of us do both. :) Speaking from experience, as having started the 'hybrid shape' craze so many years ago... sigh I'm old ... It's very challenging and very fun to run a frenzy/festival/whatever you call it. There's a list of breeding requirements posted somewhere - probably multiple places, one on Ring of Fire's pages for her dragons specifically, another I think at Star City for their program, and another yet at Myrror's site, for hers. :)

So it's always a good plan to "be specific" and say if certain creatures are either welcome or must be okayed by their creator first. Certain 'bloodlines' are reserved by their creators. Almost anything *I* do is available with few exceptions (those images I did not draw but still adopt out, for instance).
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Just an elaboration on question 1:

As for linking to other sites, we all do that. If you go to a few agencies, you'll see a 'links' page or a 'between' page. That's where we list each other's agencies. It creates a connection for all of us and allows easier access to sites that don't have much hype.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Speaking of which we should have a list here. :) I will start it. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com