October Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

aireona93
Dragon

One Very Late Draggie

Post by aireona93 »

Ok... This is for DragonFlight's August dragon!
I hope it's ok to post him here... I wasn't sure.

"~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Greens, also some reds/yellows/pinks on the side.
Features: Based on Albert from Legend of Dragoon. Here's a fun picture
of him in his Jade Dragoon armor:
http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/albertdragoon.jpg
Species: Dragon, I'd prefer
Element(s): Wind/Air/Flowers - something like that. XD
Theme: Same kinda thing as above - Albert has several 'girly' attacks
and moves, like Gust of Wind Dance, Rose Storm, etc. (He's very
effeminate, if that gives you any indication. ^^)
Name: I can leave that to you if you like. ^^"

Everything is pretty much up to you. Hope you like. And sorry for being so horribly late.

And, what are the rules regarding late pictures? Am I allowed to enter the exchange again?

Also, Yakima, I have Meadowspirit up: http://www.geocities.com/charries93/meadowspirit.html

Thank for her once again.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Re: One Very Late Draggie

Post by Xenoqueen »

aireona93 wrote:And, what are the rules regarding late pictures? Am I allowed to enter the exchange again?
Yes, now that you've turned in your image, you will be removed from the Blacklist, and can re-join the exchange next month.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Ooooh spiffies! Yaaaay. Thankies! ^.^
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Kitsuneko wrote:Could've sworn I'd put this up alreay. meh. >.<

Samber! 'Tis Locke!

I didn't see your post about him not wearing a shirt until after I'd already drawn it, but other than that, I think I stuck pretty close. Although I can't do clothing, sorry. >.<
Yay! Thankyouthankyou! And he's fine with the shirt...weather's getting a bit cold now anyway. :)
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

O_O
wow.

Kesava: *drool* And I'm with Dray. That guy rocks.

Sil: XD soo cute! I love 'em! *wants to see this Astarael dragon*

Everyone else: WOW. I'll get specific messages in a min, they're all mushing together in my brain and I can't remember whose is whose. The red dragon with the black and white wings is ridiculous. This month... wow. you guys are kicking ass. In a good way XD

*goes to work on her overdue image for Samber*
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Re: One Very Late Draggie

Post by Yakima »

aireona93 wrote: Also, Yakima, I have Meadowspirit up: http://www.geocities.com/charries93/meadowspirit.html

Thank for her once again.
She's actually from Kilbranra, not Treval. Kilbranran rather then Trevalian... :wink:
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
aireona93
Dragon

whoops

Post by aireona93 »

I will fix that when I get the chance.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Okay, thanks. No biggy...:D
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

SILVER MIDNIGHT!!

Oh Amaaaaaandaaaaaaaaa. Guess who Iiiiiii goooooooot!

Bwahahaha!

Species: Specialness here! ^^ They're both human. Sort of >: D They started out human, anyway! Now one is a human be day and a dragon by night-- your "light male"-- and the other is a human by night and a dark phoenix-like bird by night-- your "dark female". It's a curse. They are pictured here, each halfway transformed. It shall be explained later....
Element(s): Spirit and Shadow (Light and Dark)
Theme: Dancer in the Dark
Name: No ideas, I'm afraid ^^' Though you can pester me later with whatever partial ideas you have and I'll tackle it with my names text file.

I felt ambitious. Stupid of me, probably, given how much work this took XD But I enjoy drawing so much more when there's interaction going on. Less boring. And it turned out nice, if I do say so myself ^^

There are also individual (and slightly larger) images here and here, one for each! They're meant to be viewed one above the other, though.

And now... the plot! >: D You don't have to use it, but it sprang almost fully-formed from my mind as I listened to that song, so I'm including it here! (Admittedly, there's some inspiration from the movie "Ladyhawk", too, if you've ever seen it... ^^ )

That lovely lady there, before she was cursed, was a prostitute... but one with a good heart, who had no other option available to her that made her a better living. However, she had a secret love for none other than the local priest, a devout man of pure spirit and every virtue. When, at long last, she confessed her love to him, he, out of pride-- he was a priest and pure, and she a prostitute, the worst of all sinners-- and out of fear-- because he did find her attractive, and feared temptation-- denounced her. It broke her heart, and she fled.

Someone with power-- gods, great spirits, a conveniently placed witch, her own latent magic, a powerful relative, I don't know, it depends on where you plop them, worldwise, and what you prefer ^^ -- found this unjust, and decided to intervene, but not in a normal or even predictable fashion. Instead, he/she/it/they placed a spell on the two: they would never again see each other, human face to human face, until he could admit feelings for her truthfully and they could work together to break the spell. By day, she is a beautiful bird, massive in size, dark of plumage, and human in heart, but with no way to communicate but with heartbreakingly beautiful song. By night, when she is human again, he is a dragon, scaled in white and perhaps ten feet tall, again with no way to communicate to her.

To break the spell, you could chose any number of possibilities: either he has to do nothing more but love her, with no feelings of superiority, judgement, fear, or guilt, and express it as such; or he would have to do that at a specific time, under specific circumstances-- such as at the very moment of sunrise or sunset, at which point would be the only time they could communicate with words, or during an eclipse, or somesuch; or, if you really like plotting, they could need to find whoever did it and get them to undo it. I personally like the "must love" one, best, but it is your characters and your plot ^^

I do want to stress that your "light male" dragon-man isn't a bad person. He really is a good man. It's just that one line: "but something deep inside of me forces me to turn away". Whether that's pride, fear, a deep dislike for prostitutes, or even a bit of rebelliousness at being forced into this position of choice... he really does want to free her-- and himself!-- from the curse, he just can't bring himself to love her, for whatever reason, at this point.

Hoooo, okie. Hope you like! : D
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

*droolsandslavers on the board like she's already done in AIM* Soooooooo coooooool. ^___^
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Warning: I'm about to ramble.

'snot my picture, but I love the song, so let me squee for a moment.

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEE*

...done.

Random sharingness now: The image I've been trying to pry out of my head and onto paper is quite different and based more on the line "the only hope in this endless night is to follow you to/to the shadows of the deepest blue" but has lossa similar elements, like the reachy-headturning thingie and stuff, but yours is PREEEEEEEEEEEETIER!

...O.o... I've gotta get off these cold meds.

Ramble over.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

^_^ Gayle, you are THE awesome. *hands you the intarwebs* A winner is you! :O
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I've seen that storyline before... a movie called Ladyhawk, I think it was. Still very cool, though.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Thanks, guys ^^

And yep, the whole day-night-shifting thing is borrowed in part from Ladyhawk. Also from a very obscure fantasy book I read a while ago. The reason for the shifting is very different, though ^^

Ladyhawk. Goooood movie : D
Silver Midnight

Loved that movie. X3 Really like the story you came up for these guys, too. *hugs Gail*
Katasev
Fledgling

Post by Katasev »

oooooohhhh Cacopheny!

yes! i have taken on your song, and made your dragony-charrie thing of doom! because honestly i couldn't see him without a trenchcoat. XD

pendant detail: Image

if you want him any bigger, just ask, i still have the original and it's 4x that size. XD

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Up to you Black, green, and red!
Features: Up to you gun, pendant, sunglasses, trenchcoat, and some PIZN! or booze. whichever. XD
Species: Preferably something that already exists, but I'm easy ^^ uh... dragon? ^.^;
Element(s): Up to you not really any elements...
Theme: Musicality again. Did I start a trend? >.> My Chemical Romance
- Thank you for the venom
(http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/MCR-Thankyou.mp3). This music might not
be some people's cup of tea... hard rock type stuff... but dangit, the
lyrics are so interesting! ;.; Lyrics are easy to find via google, but
I'd be glad to type them up if someone wants! I loved teh song, and this is the first thing that came into my head after listening to it on repeat for a few hours. XD
Gender: Up to you. Though if you can make a female char fit this song,
I'll be really impressed XD i've been thinking he, but i always think he.
Name: Up to you, or let me pick, either-or I think yer gonna hafta pick this one... ^^;

I hopes you like him!
~*~ Fukeru Ukuure - home of the Fedras! ~*~

Current Projects:
~First Flight @ the Ukuure
~First Non-wild Clutch
~Dunans!
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude. That is freakin cool! (Trenchcoat! That so rocks! XD And sunglasses! Heeee!) Ah man, Katasev, I love him : D (Staying a him, I think) You did such a great job!

Do you think you could PM me the larger version? ^^ Mostly for my own edification, so's I can get a better idea of details and expression and the like. I'll be posting the little one on his page, once I think up his plotness : D

Because he so deserves plotness.
Katasev
Fledgling

Post by Katasev »

... how much bigger? XDD twice that? 4x? the original-original is 4x that size, so anywhere inbetween there i can resize and send ya. =3
~*~ Fukeru Ukuure - home of the Fedras! ~*~

Current Projects:
~First Flight @ the Ukuure
~First Non-wild Clutch
~Dunans!
Silver Midnight

XD Ha! That's really cool!
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

Fuzzy!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): autumny colors
Features: amber, long body, incense >3
Species: dragon
Element(s): n/a
Theme: aromatherapeutic
Name: n/a
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): White, Orange, Yellow, Red
Features: Crest, Wings, Spade tail, leaf patterning
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Air/Fire
Theme: Candle. Ever seen white candles that have leaves impressed in them? Image Kerze has the power to create small gusty winds, like the ones felt on pleasant autumn days. She can also create fire. Whenever the dragoness uses her powers, the scents of Fall (leaves, pies, apples, etc) manifest.
Name: Kerze (german for candle) Olor (spanish for scent)
Up to you whether you use the name *shrugs*

Last edited by Kless on Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Katasev: errrrrr. The 4x one'd be fine, really XD I just wanna see all the little details and stuff : D
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

*cracks up* Kless... when I first started looking at your post... I thought the candle was your contribution for october! I was all like "What? Is she seriously giving out a candle???"

*giggles* You had me very confused for a moment there! XD
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

*snickers* Na...I ty to be just a little more orginal than that :)
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

O______________________O;; *implodes of happiness at the candle theme* DUDEOMFGOMFGOMFGAEEEEEEE~ *implode!*

That is. So. Freaking. COOL O__O;;;;; *insane happy glompsquishes* This goes above and beyond anything I'd ever thought of =D And I love candles to bits, especially leaf-impressed ones, and I've never managed to get my paws on one. X3

And the draggie's so gorgeous!! I have no idea how you did it, but you really captured my favoritest aspects of fall and scents and put it all in a nice pretty package! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou O__________O<3333 *zooms to page her*
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I gooooot... Asha!

Your Star Wars dragon is here!

Name: I've been thinking of him as Jasper Starfire (because my mind just kinda named him right from the start) but you can make up something else if you want. :)
Colour: Gray
Features: Lightsaber and cape.
Interesting Stuff: Jasper's got a strange personality disorder, and no one knows if he's good or evil - one moment he's a Jedi and the next he's a Sith, and so he's got a lot of enemies and people who just don't trust his word. Aside from the Force (of course), his abilities are mental telepathy, verbal speech, teleportation, fire breath and light amplification. Ooh, and he's got a colourchanging lightsaber. Glee.

Here's two images, both JPEGs, for you:

ImageImage
With Red saber and with Blue saber, choose which one you want, or keep both. :D

Forgive me for the nutty titles on his pictures. Couldn't resist. :lol:

Dude. We should have a Nexus Star Wars thing.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Heh, waaaaay back a long while ago, a friend and I started an online 'Star Wars' style RPG. The catch? We called it 'Hoof Wars' (yes, overly cheesey, and we were very much weird) and there were humans, but also alos of furries and other races. As the admins, we were each a side-leader. I was the leader of the Sith. XD One of my only truly 'furry/anthro' characters. I don't even remember her 'real name', but she was called 'Darth Flight' (get it? Darth Flight, DragonFlight?) and she was a hybrid anthro - horse and dragon. I actually wanna redraw her now for kicks, it might amuse me. >3
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

*laughs* Thanks! He be's awesoomee.....I think Jasper's a good name! Now to write a really freaky story or three about him....* goes off, brain clicking.*

EDIT: Y'know, I've just about memorized that Episode of Star Wars. Heh heh....

Hawket: Stand by with those Asha bunkers, people...

EDIT II: Here's Jasper!!
http://home.alltel.net/leugers/stormsig ... asper.html
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Lakota! I got you, and I hope you like her. I think this has been the hardest I have worked on exchange; the first few sketches just wouldn't work the way I wanted. But I like the way this one turned out; I hope you do too.

Colour(s): a rainbow made of shades of green
Features: Fur, lots of fur/fluff, two pairs of feathered wings, an
"oriental"-type body/face, long "whiskers", horns
Species: Northern Celestial
Element(s): Earth
Theme: "Ancient royalty" The northern celestials left their home in heaven to live on the earth with the people that intrigued them. They found a home in the far north where it was cold most of the year, causing them to grow warm fur coats. They also took wings, in order to get around better in the different environment. Ilyria was born long after this separation, though she acts as if she still rules everything she sees.
Notes: Very long-lived, she won't live forever like the celestial guardians, but she could live well over 500 years, barring accidents. She has an interesting ability to make plants grow in ground that shouldn't be able to support them. She especially likes to grow fruit trees.
Name: Ilyria

DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Apologies in advance for lateness, I feel like I've been slacking, even though I still have a couple days. ^^;; I -will- be done by deadline though, so look forward to it! ^.^
Database Being Revamped

Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Whew, I finally got this guy finished! Haven't colored anything on the computer for a while.. or at least finished anything XD IceCat, here's your undead dragon for this month!

Name: Kelshae (you can change it if you want, but it has to end in 'ae')
Colors: Bleak
Species: Aalst Rasha (undead)
Physical features: The kinda chunky-looking stuff running along his back is age-bleached bone armor, and the other bone-showing bits are part of his actual skeleton. The glowing blue of his eyes reflects his spirit, which still lingers in his slowly decaying body.
Abilities: Kelshae is only able to speak aloud - his mindspeech departed with his life. He is unable to remember most things longer than several minutes, and it is almost impossible for him to learn new things. He is abnormally strong.
History: Kelshae - in his current, undead form in any case - was born on a bleak autumn night. He and his rider, the fairly young human male Jern, were on patrol near the tey'Shar/Mayon border. The newly-bonded pair had wandered off course in the howling wind and rain, and did not know they had crossed from Mayon into the Sharian lands. This was to prove a grave mistake.

The Sharians attacked without notice, border guards who were convinced that the lone pair were but the scouts of a great attack. They were utterly merciless, and Kelshae and Jern could do nothing to defend themselves. Both were slain very quickly..

Jern passed on to the realms of the dead, but Kelshae's spirit lingered. He found himself still in control of his ruined body, held together by some twisted form of hateful magic and pure will. Perhaps one day he will exact his revenge upon the Sharians.
Notes: Kelshae cannot move very quickly, as he walks on his hind legs and they're.. well.. not too healthy at the moment. He does not need to eat or sleep, and it is unknown whether he can actually die. Kelshae's eyes always shine blue, though they dim and brighten in tune with his emotions.

Hope you like him! The history's just optional and a little extra something that I thought I'd throw in there, but you can discard it if you have other plans for him ^_^;