Otherforest Elf Games

Bring your characters to life!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Otherforest Elf Games

Post by Shard »

Just a heads up. I'm working on the rules for how I'm going to run individual events. I'm sorting through all the Holts and choosing at most 8 participants from each. So not every Holt will be represented in every event. The Dragonclan is welcome to send one for every event, if they wish - that's the host's perrogative.

But to GET that one, I'm sure that you'll want to fight it out among yourselves. :)

So! Once I've got all the basics for each event, anyone wishing to enter will be allowed to post the stats I need. Either I can roll, you can roll, or whatever.

Some basics already exist:

Strike Rank - this is the speed with which an elf can act, for starting to run, sparring or other such body-based actions.

SR is determined by dexterity and size.
DEX - 1-6 = 4, 7-10 = 3, 11-15 = 2, 16-19 = 1, 20+ = 0
SIZ - 1-3 = 1, 4-5 = 2, 6-7 = 3, 8+ = 4

((THis might change, I'm at work and can't recall specific numbers, so don't start adding until I remove this qualifier.))

The basic rules can be googled if you look for Chaosium Games, it's their system, slightly modified.

Running contests will include distance and speed as separate categories, with speed being judged by a series of Dex comparisons, and distance/endurance by health rolls.

Jumping will have to do with the skill, as will Climb and Swim contests. Each of these will probably have increasing levels of difficulty assigned - so if you've got a 78% in Jumping, the first contest will be at full, the next will be at -5%, next -10%, etc until everyone has failed to pass. The one going the farthest each time wins, in each of those. Swimming will also probably have a diving contest which I'd be happy to see a kind of written component to it as well as a Dexterity check.

Sparring will take place as normal combat - skill versus skill, and that includes Parry skills for weapons.

Wrestling involves a strength vs strength, and endurance checks.

Magic contests will directly involve anyone who wants to challenge with their powers. Those things will be determined by level of success on magic rolls.

more on the way.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com