Memorial Clutch Hatching RP [CLOSED]

Bring your characters to life!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Memorial Clutch Hatching RP [CLOSED]

Post by Yakima »

No one replied to the previous one so I just deleted it to start here. :P

Long before the dragons began their reverberating hum, guests were ushered into the sands and candidates were rounded up. As guests were seated and candidates were located, the dragons began their hum that announced the imminent hatching was about to begin.

Despite best effort, chaos ensued as people rushed to the sands to get the best seats, or find friends to continue bets with, and candidates quickly joined those waiting. Once (most) of the candidates were gathered they were led onto the sands. Formality was tossed for those that could not fit into an impression robe or who had shown up too late. As long as the attire was simple and not flashy, Raytah let it slide. When it came to the candidates, there were some that had caused quite a stir of curiosity, mostly from the weyrbrats that had either found some of them terrifying or interesting. The latter usually resulted in barrages of questions before the children were shooed off by the adults (some simply replacing childish questions with adult ones). Philippe had questioned Searchriders bringing in candidates (as they had had help for this event), about locations - he was always looking for new ‘hunting grounds’ after all.

The eggs were rocking, some tumbling down into other eggs causing loud cracks that made a few people wince with worry. The Geneticist were there, helping and righting potential disasters - there was plenty of room on the sands but as some candidates moved to eggs they had been drawn to during the few egg touching events - room became a luxury.

From the stands, dignitaries and representatives from all over the Nexus watched as the first eggs shattered - and, as if this was the cue - dozens of eggs rocked, cracked and the tiny hatchlings broke free in heaps of limbs, wings and tail. Watching each Impression was soon impossible but for those on the sands beside the rocking, shattering eggs, it was a very different experience...
Each Impression will be handled in a separate event out of order of others unless RP links them. There are 141 eggs and probably more dragons than that (though at the moment of the RP I don’t know who are getting twins and who is not so there will be some details that will be revealed at the official hatching). If you have multiple characters, please only post 2-3 at first, then once Impressions are done for them, we can move to the next group otherwise I will no doubt get confused.

If you notice that I have a gender, color, size (if mentioned but I will gloss over this as I have not rendered genetics yet), or name, that you want changed, please inform me within your next post and I will make the changes. I will try to keep things as straight as possible but no promises; I’m human. I make mistakes.
Last edited by Yakima on Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
baka-ryu
Hatchling

Re: Memorial Clutch Hatching RP

Post by baka-ryu »

By all rights, Hjaldur shouldn't be here. As a half-breed, he was an odd sight on Lomeelas, and here? Well, it seemed like anything that wasn't wholly human was right out of place. Beyond that, Hjaldur's short stint in the candidate barracks showed him he was well above the median age here, too. With few exceptions, his compatriots were children. Human ages were difficult enough to comprehend, but Hjaldur was certain most of these kids were barely out of adolescence. Strange company, all and all.

But strange company often meant new cuisine, and Hjaldur had been happily nibbling sweetcakes and something called wherry meat when the first hullabloo started.

Zhabzuur - who'd been attracting even more attention than Hjaldur - looked up with a dazed expression. "The walls are humming."
"Dragons are hatching," Hjaldur replied. "Probably time to head out to the sands."

"Oh, of course," said Zhabzuur. "Wasn't there a-"

"Uncle!" Torwenys' voice rang through the kitchens. She raced toward him, already shucked into her plain candidate robes and carrying a similar bundle in her hands. "Uncle, we're going to be late."

Children. Always in a rush for things.

Torwenys shoved the bundle in Hjaldur's arms. "You've got to change! And get rid of your shoes. Zhabzuur, would you take Uncle's shoes back to our quarters?"

"I'm standing the sands as well," said Zhabzuur, head cocked.

"Then get ready! The rest of the party is already out there. I'm not missing my dragon for some slow pokes." To emphasis, she prodded Zhabzuur under the ribs, shooting him a wobbly half-smile. No harm meant.

"We'll meet you out there," said Hjaldur, doffing his boots. "We won't be long."

"Better not be!" said Torwenys, spinning on heel and rushing out the kitchen doors once more.

--

Hjaldur and Zhabzuur reached the sands before the dragon humming ceased. Hjaldur had taken his time to return to their quarters and change properly - but kept his shoes on. As much as he wanted to adhere to the customs of this place, there was no sense in burning his feet on hot sands when it wasn't truly a requirement. The robes were an awkward fit - too snug in the shoulders and the belly, but long enough - thank the stars for his short stature.

Zhabzuur barely changed his dress at all to attend the sands. He'd left behind all the pieces of his armor and stepped out into the hot sun in his simple leather pants - scars and tattoos visible for all. His mouth tightened as his bare feet touched the scorching sand. But that was all. No hesitance, no further appearance of discomfort. An easy smile slid over his face as he turned to Hjaldur. "We stand on the precipice of a new beginning."

"Let's find the kids." Hjaldur strode into the throngs of people - ignoring, for now, the myriad of thrashing eggs and dragon limbs. Three-hundred years of experience made it simple enough to avoid thundering hatchlings and misplaced tails.

Zhabzuur followed leisurely. He paused to crouch and pick up a piece of discarded shell, admiring the still-wet sheen of it. These few seconds were enough to lose sight of Hjaldur in the circle of waiting candidates.

---

141 eggs meant far more candidates, and the sands were a cacophony of candidates. Torwenys tried bouncing on the tips of her feet to catch sight of her friends. A few flashes of green made her think she'd spotted Aulfed or Zhabzuur on the opposite side of the sands, but things were getting messy with people moving to regreet eggs they'd met on touching days. Had her uncle made it? Was he going to be late? She hoped not, but she didn't want to miss out on her own hatchling but turning back to find him.

The heat of the sands were unbearable on her feet. Tiptoeing made it worse, so eventually Torwenys gave up on her search and stood still against the pain. Her heart hammered as anticipation and anxiety coursed through her.

"There you are," rumbled Hjaldur's familiar voice.

He shoved his way between a pair of taller candidates and brushed elbows with Torwenys.

"Right on time." Torwenys shot him a grateful smile. Her eyes snapped to Hjaldur's feet. "You wore your shoes!"

"Not everyone is fool enough to get blisters like you, girl," he laughed.
NekoNomi
Egg

Post by NekoNomi »

**Sandra and Thomas Allen**
To say that Thomas had been excited, as the time for the hatching grew ever closer, was to understate the sheer level of energy and enthusiasm the youngster was showing. He'd been talking to everyone he encountered about the hatching, cheerfully discussing prospective colours and what people wanted to impress. His sister, almost inevitably trailing behind him and mouthing a 'sorry' to whomever he had just accosted.

Sandra herself was less excited and more nervous about this whole thing. The dragons here were far larger than the ones she was used to working around back home, and she found these dragons to be a little intimidating. Supposedly Xanadu's dragons would get this big some day, many generations from now. Using the chance to stand for dragons which were already bigger was a smart move

The deep humming of the dragons alerted the siblings that the hatching was imminent. Sandra had to reach out and grab the back of Thomas's robe to keep him from charging off ahead of the gathered group of candidates.

"Just stay put" Sandra's voice was a hissed whisper, barely able to be heard above the general hubbub of the crowds of people attending. With 141 eggs on the sands, there were a lot of people here to stand for impression and even more who had come just to watch the whole thing. Even knowing what Isla's candidate age range was, Sandra was still surprised at many literal children were on the sands right now. She wondered how many of the watching crowd were parents waiting to see their children impress.

"But Sandy!" Thomas protested, trying to wriggle free of his sister's grip "I want to see the eggs"

"That's fine, we can move closer to the edge in a minute, but don't go running off without me" Sandra lectured, not letting go of his robe until she was sure her little brother would stay put. Only once she was sure he'd calmed down enough did she release her hold on his clothing and switch to holding his hand instead.

Thomas immediately started tugging on her grip, leading Sandra through the crowd to find a spot where the short lad could see the eggs.
Trix
Egg

Post by Trix »

((ok, going to go in alphabetical order for this and trying to keep track))

Absin looked around. Her considerable height meaning she towered over most other candidates. You'd think that that would give her a great view, but most of the action was taking place close to the ground. Still, she refused to squat or crawl around like some of the other candidates seemed to be doing. If her dragon was around, they would find her. So Absin stood motionless, and waited.
((=> imagine a stony barbarian in the middle of the sands and people just giving her a wide berth lol))

Estivan remained at the edge of the crowd. He watched as the others in his team spread out over the entire cavern and decided that staying at the edges suited him best. There was no gain in getting trampled or mauled and Estivan would keep an eye on his people so he could go help them if necessary.
.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.
https://www.lantessama.com" (buttons to all my adoption places and a link to all my adoptees and candidates
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

@Bughnrahk
(fyi, candidates can wear sandals…they’re not that heartless around here. ;) )

A hatchling tumbled from its shell with a startled squeak before coming to stop, upright somehow, before snapping out the glimmering wet wings as if trying to dry them. Whirling eyes scanned the surrounding chaos before starting off with a definitive snort. Candidates stood paralyzed as he passed, or reached out hoping this hatchling would choose them. The baby dragon knew exactly who it wanted and for a time, it simply followed as if waiting for Hjaldur to realize he was being stalked…

Meanwhile, a dainty dragonet of clouded hues that mimicked the dawn let out a delightful cry and, unlike the shadow behind Hjaldur, beelined straight for Torwenys with a gleeful cry just before barreling into her intended…

As Zhabzuur studied the eggshell, its former occupant came to sit down in front of the half orc-tiefling with a curious tilt of it’s head. Its body was a mix of brown, red, gold and yellow but the arched wings that were rapidly drying in heat of the sands were as pristine as winter snow. To make sure Zhabzuur noticed it, the hatchling tried to make a cute noise but ended up hiccupping instead…

@Nomi
Two hatchlings had hatched and instantly started a petty, playful squabble before tumbling down the slight slope created by the queens who had tended to the clutches. After crashing into one egg, thankfully already hatching, one of the siblings gave up the argument for more pressing matters and started out in search of someone. At the same time, another hatchling with a clouded dark hide and speckled in shimmering silver wandered aimlessly, awed, confused and just plain distracted from what it should be doing.

In a short time, the two hatchlings made their way in the same direction and as two siblings made their way to the front of the candidates – not that there was much of a ‘front’ as the hatching got underway, and the chaos turned to even more chaos as hatchlings darted this way and that and candidates move through the shattered shells, tangled tails, and flailing wings of baby dragons. Seeing another dragonet moving toward its intended target, the storm hatchling surged forward and jumped in front of the other with a hiss. Mine!

The other, a dark blueish gray with flecks of copper and silver, snorted. _I don’t want _him, the dragonet said and shoved past the other to stick her nose on Sandra’s leg. I want her…

Oh…the storm said, blinked then turned and sat proudly in front of Thomas. Well, that’s good…because I want you!

@Trix
The figure that detached itself from the chaos around it had no trouble seeing the one it was looking for. Nimbly, the hatchling of jade and snow colored wings, made its way across the sands and toward the towering figure that looked rather out of place – but for the hatchling, Absin was perfect! If only it could get her attention. A boy stood in front of it and the hatchling nipped at him, then scurried under the eager hands of another candidate. Its color was beautiful and to say the baby dragon turned the heads of more than one candidate was an understatement. At last, it wiggled through the crowd – then tripped and tumbled the rest of the way and crashed into Absin’s legs. Ouch…

For many, the hatchling was all but invisible. Not a spell, but simply the perfect coloration of it’s hide. Sandstone wasn’t exactly sand, but it was close enough and for many, there was too much going on to take a second look at the cowering hatchling who was sending out a mental pull hoping that someone (in this case Estivan) would notice and come help them escape this cacophony of noise, people and everything that was simply too much…

Alair WolfKeep
baka-ryu
Hatchling

Post by baka-ryu »

"It's tradition," said Torwenys.

She'd realized most of the candidates were wearing sandals to protect their feet from the scorching heat, but Torwenys was a stickler for proving herself. She wanted to be certain she'd earn a dragon. She barely had time to recover from her retort when she heard a delighted cry and something heavy barreling into the backs of her legs. Torwenys dug her toes in and moved the impact, swirling in a loose circle to keep herself from falling. The dragonet in front of her was stunning and Torwenys was momentarily struck silent.

Hjaldur let out a rumbling chuckle. "Looks like someone's taken a liking to you."

"I..." Torwenys' stuttered. "She... he... they're beautiful." Carefully, she extended a hand toward the hatchling.

Hjaldur's attention was fixed on his niece, but even so he'd been a warrior for centuries and he couldn't ignore the niggling feeling of eyes on his back. With half an eye on Torwenys and the hatchling, Hjaldur cocked a glance over his shoulder - searching for his quiet stalker.

---

Zhabzuur raised his gaze from the eggshell to the brilliant, fiery hatchling, his mouth pulled in a smile at the hiccough. He offered them the shell shard. "Such a strange thing, to come from an egg. Far less violent than the mammalian way."
Trix
Egg

Post by Trix »

((adding in a quick reaction of my candidates and then moving on to the next 3))

Absin:
Absin felt a light pressure on her leg. She looked down and locked eyes with the hatchling and felt a love bloom like the one she held for her three children. A woman of few words, she just picked up the white-green dragon and walked it to safety.

Estivan:
Estivan felt an urge to look to his left. Having learned to trust his instincts he glanced sideways. At first he didn't notice it, but then his eyes picked up movement that wasn't a logical. The patch of sand his eyes'd been drawn too shifted but there was neither a wind nor a tremor or disturbance big enough to cause it to act that way. As Estivan focused his eyes he started to make out a head, wings and a tail that was moving in a frantic pattern.
Dropping all caution to the wind, Estivan moved across the sands, carefully sidestepping other candidates and roaming dragonets until he reached the one in peril.
"I heard you." he said, throwing an arm around the neck of the hatchling and guiding it away from the fray.

NEW ONES:
Ielky:
Ielky was for once where he hardly got a chance to be: in the middle of the most chaotic event in his life. And he'd been to plenty a rowdy bar. Usually he raised his voice in song or took out an instrument to gather attention but he was feeling a little bit out of sorts here. Dressed in a white tunic, wearing sandals and not his usual clothes only added to his discomfort. It was like he was a student again, all nerves and jitters right before taking an exam in front of the masters!
People gave him odd looks as he started to whistle a tune. But the music calmed him. Maybe one day he'd be able to arrange the tune into something grander, but today it sounded bright but vulnerable and that felt like just the right mood. His fingers tapped a rhythm on his tighs as he closed his eyes and waited. It was the only thing he could do.

Jack:
Jack paced back and forth across the sands. His eyes darting around but it was impossible to get a view of what was going on. It was an unusual feeling to not have to be on guard to save his life but the tension of the hatching had him feeling jittery. His thoughts turned to home and he wondered if Lucia could cope with all the problems, whether the kids were keeping out of trouble and so on. For a moment the world around him vanished and he collided into an egg...

Lisbet:
Lisbet had added a bright yellow sash to her otherwise plain white robe and felt it did suit her complexion. At least the splash of colour set her apart from the other candidates and she hoped it would lure a hatchling toward her. At least that seemed like a better plan to go out and search for one herself, risking that she might miss the one dragon that was meant for her. While waiting, she helped a few officials to right the eggs or to guide confused new pairs to where they needed to be. Lisbet was, as always, prepared.
.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.,.-~°*°~-.
https://www.lantessama.com" (buttons to all my adoption places and a link to all my adoptees and candidates
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

After you get the dragonet’s names you can control them. :)
@Bughnrahk
The dawn hatchling sat down and looked at Torwenys, tilting her head once before touching the wood elf’s mind with hers. Hi! I’m Keylynnth! She tilted her head the other way, waiting for her reply.
--
Seeing that Hjaldur was looking, the male hatchling stepped forward. An almost metallic hue touched the hatchling dark-grayish brown coat but the rivers of glimmering copper caught the light easily against the dark hide. The hatchling gave a small bow after coming to a stop. The name that came to Hjaldur’s mind as the iron dragonet reached out with his own was Orirosth.
--
Why would I want to be violent? the autumn-winter hatchling asked, then looked down at the egg and, with its hunger rising to be more important than finding a bond, Zaregth snapped up the egg shell and tried to bite it...

@Trix
As Absin carried her off the sands, Neriath crooned and snuggled up against her rider, content. Belrith willingly followed Estivan off the sands, nearly pressed to his leg in hopes that he wouldn't get separated from his rider.
--
One of the hatchlings in the mess of candidates and dragonets looked up suddenly and weaved her way through the hopeful hands and Impressions, a melody in her head that was not hers but she knew it was one she should follow. Her coloration was white but her hide was stripped with a green-yellow and teal coloration that glimmered with a metallic or gemstone hue - peridot and turquoise in truth. As she near Ielky she came up and touched her mind with his, wanting to hear more fully the music that had called to her...
--
The egg had been lazily taking its time in coming out and when Jack hit it, the inhabitant’s jolt caused the entire thing to shatter - all over Jack. A brightly colored hatching of topaz arched his wings, looking at them as if annoyed before turning to Jack. I was trying to hide from the noise, it said, then tilted its head and a slow draconic grin spread on the hatchling’s muzzle as he recognized Jack from...before, when it was dark and..quiet... I know you...
--
As Lisbet helped a teary eyed pair make their way from the sands, watching as the young boy and his hatchling were guided off toward the Weyrbowl by Geneticsts and riders, she suddenly spotted a copper hatchling proudly prancing after them. She was about to tall for the boy, thinking this hatchling wanted to double bond - she had heard it could heppen after all - when something pulled at her mind. “Hey, wait! You can’t just...” she started to say when the copper hatchling turned, smirking and locked eyes with her...

Alair WolfKeep
Trix
Egg

Post by Trix »

Ielky:
Ielky's mind was no longer solely his own. As the music in his mind expanded to what he hoped to once become a reality he opened his eyes and was met with the eyes of the female hatchling before him. For once his mind struggled to put words in his mouth, but after a small cough, Ielky composed himself and started with a greeting: "Hello there." before leading his new bond off the sands.

Jack:
Jack blinked, his worries momentarily forgotten as the sense of deja-vu took hold of his mind too. Though he knew logically he'd never seen nor heard this hatchling, he did feel familiar as if they'd known each other for years, or maybe even longer. Jack opened his mouth and uttered a name:

Lisbet:
Suddenly falling deep within the depths of the shimmering eyes, Lisbet forgot about everything around her and felt as focused and content as when she was tinkering on a spectacular piece of equipment. Metallic hues seemed to bloom in her vision, not only the warm copper but also the soft glow of gold, the tarnished green of bronze and the dull grey of lead.
"I finally caught up with you." the hatchling spoke in her mind, "You were so busy with others you didn't look my way."
"I'm... sorry." Lisbet mumbled, "I did it to help."
"And I like that about you." the dragon agreed.

((and the new ones:))
May:
May watched as Absin took up her stance, proud, tall and unmoving and grinned. She had known the barbarian for a long time and knew that she would not budge from her place. May however was very different. Sometimes you stayed rigid, but some times called for more flexible behaviour. This was not a battlefield, this was more like a party. People trashing about and excitement all around.
But May wasn't here just to enjoy the feast, she was here with a purpose. She led her intuition guide her, stepping to the left, avoiding a couple of candidates and roaming dragonets, until she found the egg she'd been attracted to from the start. It was a faint ivory with green speckles and a single patch of white that almost looked like a star. May knew it carried her destiny.
(interested to see whether or not this will prove true lol)

Noemy:
"Which one are you aiming for?" Noemy asked the candidate right beside her.
The boy looked up and looked a bit bewildered. Were they even allowed to talk during the hatching? But Noemy carried on, chattering nervously:
"I think I felt a connection to that orangey one, the one with the darker spots."
She glanced at it once more. The egg reminded her of her favourite dress. The one she always wore when she wanted to feel good and special. Although maybe that was a bit too silly a reason. Noemy glanced around, seeing many people and hatchlings around. Among them she noticed the other people of her team and she tried to breathe deep and relax. She could do this!

Riks:
Riks had politely declined the simple white shift and sandals. He had assured the people in charge that his outfit was a uniform and had left his armour in his room, wearing velvet grey pants, a white silk shirt and of course, his purple cape. What would it matter which clothes he had on if this was a meeting of minds? Riks felt he would need to be at his most comfortable to allow any of the dragons the chance to see his real self. He'd taken a seat near the edge of the sands, confident that if fate would deem him worthy for a dragon, that She would also lead that dragon to him.
NekoNomi
Egg

Post by NekoNomi »

Having settled into place, Sandra found herself struggling to keep her focus. There were so many dragons on the sands, the eggs hatching out so swiftly that it was difficult to keep track. A pretty blue-grey creature with bright metallic flecks caught her attention, as well as a dark creature that she thought was the colour they called 'storm'. There were others as well, some familiar colours and others she couldn't possibly place with her limited knowledge of the dragon colours which were possible here.

Thomas was bouncing on the balls of his feet, boundless energy making it difficult to keep still. The pair who squabbled and slid down the piled sand around the eggs caught and held his attention. They were a fun looking pair, whoever impressed them was sure to have a whole lot of fun.

Then the speckled blue-grey turned towards the siblings, and the dark stormy hatchling which had been wandering, suddenly surged in their direction, placing itslf between Thomas and the other hatchling.

Well, that’s good…because I want you! The stormy hatchling declared as it sat itself before Thomas, who laughed in response.

"I'm Thomas" He said, kneeling down to be closer to the hatchling's level "But I think you knew that already, didn't you"

Meanwhile, Sandra's eyes were inexorably drawn to the blue-grey, who was shortly rubbing against her leg.

"You were looking for me?" She asked softly. In her heart of hearts, she'd held doubt about her impression. She wasn't sure what a hatchling would see in her, but if the baby had decided that she was the right person for them, then she was hardly going to say no.

**Ehleeni**
Ehleeni wasn't having a great time on the sands. Hooves were better on packed earth than shifting loose sands, and she found herself having to constantly move to keep her balance as the chaos took over the hatching ground and people and dragons were suddenly everywhere on the ground. Thankfully there didn't seem to be any injuries so far, beyond potentially a few sprains and strains from people falling over. The candidate group was mostly human, and Ehleeni felt a little out of place as one of the few non-humans standing. She found her eyes seeking out the other non-humans among the crowd, looking to see if any of them were impressing yet.

**Jessica Khayne**
Jessica gritted her teeth as one of the larger boys banged into her, nearly knocking her over and into the path of one of the many hatchlings who were wandering among the candidates. She hadn't managed to get a good spot to see the eggs from, stuck behind a group of tall fellows for the first parts of the event, and even as the crowd began to thin and spread out, she still was having trouble getting a good look. Of course, there were so many eggs, she wouldn't have been able to see all of them anyway.

"Dude, watch where you're going" She snapped at the boy and moved several steps away. This unfortunately put her right into the path of a hatchling and she had to quickly move further again.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

@Trix
Naelaminth followed Ielky off the sands, still ‘wiggling’ to the song that she could hear through her rider’s mind. Meanwhile, Jack whispered “Aejeonth...” and the hatchling blinked as if confused as to why Jack sounded so shocked to know it given it was very natural thing to know the one you had been looking for since before the hatching. Listbet and Aeneath also departed the sands side by side.
--
(I honestly don’t have eggs look any different marking/coloring wise at Isla but I’ll roll with it ;) lol)
As May watched the egg, the hairline fractures spread across the shell slowly, as if the hatchling within was timid about coming into the world. Eventually, a shimmering metallic light gray muzzle slipped out as if testing the world before vanishing. May coaxed [[assuming...]] and eventually the baby dragonet shoved her entire head out, head covered in egg-goo. May...is it...safe? Izarith asked, blinking up at the girl hopefully.
--
Dainath came into the world with a delightful cry - only to spread the dark blue wings laced with rivers of gold wide and loose her entire balance. Her hide was much lighter than her body, tinged with green which for some reminded them of the Pernese sky [[I read somewhere Pern had a greenish sky compared to Earth but no idea where that was so...Imma roll with that...lol]]. The two hatchlings she had tumbled into - one rolling around in the sand as if trying to camouflage an already sandy colored hide, and the other just trying to get the damn shell that was stuck in a very unreachable spot off - both hissed and moved away - the former giving up on the reason for the sand-bath, and the other determined to find the mind in the crowd that could help her with her problem. Dainath snorted at this but turned to the mind she could feel was just right for her. Tail swishing behind her proudly, Dainath came up next to Nomey. Of course you can do this. You just did! the hatchling grinned, leaning on Nomey’s leg adoringly.
--
Aratirith didn’t think anything was interesting about how he looked - but the people in white kept pointing at him, whispering. It was unnerving. At least until a voice told him their curiosity was nothing bad and, relaxing at the voice of other dragon-kind, he shook himself and walked through the candidates, broken egg shells, and creeling dragonets looking for their own bonds. Aratirith was very certain of his. It was just finding Riks that was posing a problem. So, Ataririth kept going, confident that eventually he would find his rider...

@Nomi
I did, the hatchling told Thomas, then stuck his face right into his riders. I’m Takeshith. I like that name...do you?
And I found you! Jamilath crooned, leaning on Sandra. You made it a bit easy, going to the front of this...mess, the hatchling added, blinking at the Hatching Grounds that was quickly dissolving from orderly chaos to a battlefield of shattered shells and egg-goop. Can we...leave, Jamilath asked almost desperately.
--
A few people in the stands clapped as the delicate looking hatchling made her way out of her shell - took one look at the gold dragoness behind her - then set off with the determination and grace that was no doubt amusing to others watching.
Anjalith, however, did not care.
Stepping around one candidate, she turned instinctively to the left and spotted Ehleeni shifting uncomfortably on the sands. Hello, Ehleeni... the crystal with pearl wings, her body dusted with mixed shades reminiscent of a shattered rainbow, bespoke the linyaari girl. I am Anjalith.
--
The hatchling blinked at Jessica as she moved farther away - then followed. Don’t goooooo! I’m so tired and hungry and... She tripped and let out a startled cry that quickly became one of pain as she crash landed on a discarded shell. Thankfully, the shell finished shattering which left her hide relatively unscathed - but it still hurt. Determined, the earth-toned hatchling - whose hide looked as if someone had taken emeralds and flattened them to her molten brown hide - scrambled to her feet and kept going...

Alair WolfKeep
NekoNomi
Egg

Post by NekoNomi »

"I do Takeshith!" Thomas declared loudly, reaching out to scratch along the hatchling's jaw. His dragon was perfect of course, name and all.

"Yes, let's" Sandra replied to Jamilath, setting a gentle hand atop the dragons head as a comfort."Thomas, Takeshith, time to go"

Thomas glanced over, grinning widely, and then got back to his feet, Takeshith trotting after him.

I'm hungry. Can we get food now? Takeshith asked.

"That's where we're going" Thomas told him, "They'll have food waiting for us once we're off the sands."
**Ehleeni**
"Anjalith" Ehleeni stared in awe at the little dragon who had spoken to her. She was a beautiful creature, pale like she was starclad, dusted with rainbows and shimmering in the light which reached the sands. "You are the prettiest dragon I've ever seen" Admittedly, she hadn't seen all that many dragons, mostly just the ones who called Xanadu home, but Anjalith really was the most gorgeous looking dragon she could imagine seeing.
**Jessica Khayne**
"Oh" Jessica froze as the hatchling she'd been moving to avoid, called out to her. "I'm sorry little one" She said, quickly turning back. It took only a few quick steps, and pushing past another girl who seemed to be hoping the earth and emerald hatchling was looking for them, to get back to the dragon's side. "Are you okay?" Jessica asked.
**Ferisel and I'sel/Bronze Aylath**
With the date of the hatching known well in advance, I'sel had arranged a few days free to spend some time with his sister before she, if everything went well, became caught up in caring for a hatchling. Their parents, as expected, hadn't shown the slightest interest in coming to see their daughter impress, but Ferisel didn't care, since the family that she actually cared about, her brother and his darling dragoness, were going to be there.

Good Luck Aylath called to Ferisel as she spotted the girl in the crowd. Ferisel grinned and waved back to the bronze, before diving into the chaos surrounding the eggs. This was exciting, so many eggs and so many people waiting for them to hatch. It was impossible not to be caught up in the energy of the event.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

@Nomi
Arijath looked up at Jessica adoringly, then arched her wings to look at them before shuffling them along her side - not very gracefully but she got them along her side. I am Arijath, the earth dragonet said, arching her neck proudly before she deflated a bit. I am also hungry...
--
A cream hatchling, her hide seeming more copper than cream as it shifted in the light, was dancing along the sands as Impressions occurred around her. Well, dancing was perhaps the wrong description but her gracefulness in the midst of such chaos earned her more than few in audience as she made her she suddenly sensed the one she wanted and snapped out her head, catching the girl's Impression robes even as Ferisel walked by. Planting her feet, the cream prepared to do what she needed to make the girl stop.

Alair WolfKeep
Trix
Egg

Post by Trix »

previous candidates:
((Oops, the eggs being slightly different seemed like it made a good plotpoint when I wrote those blurbs))

May:
((May wll love being call a girl at her age of 48, my party of adventurers has some people of experience in there. I'm just thinking they're a very long-lived race of people))
May knelt down next to the hatchling and wiped her down with her sleeve. The metallic grey colour started to shine even more and to May Izarith looked just like a divine sword or shield. Utterly beautiful and refined.
"It is safe, Izarith." May promised, "I won't let any harm come to you."

Noemy:
Noemy fell silent as the happiness of the bond overcame her. She smiled as bright as the sun and nothing, not even tripping over her robe as she left the sands, could mar the moment. Noemy waved to a couple of people to signal she was okay and then followed ??? to her new life.

Riks:
Riks had noticed the dragonet circling the sands, seeming to always get just a little bit closer as he avoided several obstacles. Focusing on the little dragonet, Riks almost felt certain that Fate might be aiming this dragon to him in a very roundabout way. But the wizard loved a good riddle and strode toward the dragonet to make certain.
Riks tapped the dragonet on the shoulder and asked: "Might you be headed for me?"

---
Last group of 3:
Sophy:
Sophy casually waited. Maybe magic wasn't allowed, but the little incantation to prevent people crowding her probably wouldn't be noticed. She ran her hands down the white shift, rubbing down non-existent creases. Her fingers caught on the red belt she was wearing and along with her bright red teardrop earrings, her favourite colour gave her strength.
All around her people were bonding dragonets and Sophy wondered whether or not it would be better to stay stationary or to move around. Indecision warred within her, but as luck would have it, she was met with two bright eyes that held her captive with their beauty.

Tonia:
Tonia tied the shift to the side of her thighs, leaving her legs bare. There were too many people around and the place was feeling tropical - or at least as tropical as Tonia could imagine since she'd never been somewhere this hot before. She caressed the feathers she'd put in her braid and lamented once more that her powers only meant that they gave her a little cool breeze instead of being able to lift her from the ground.
Tonia watched as some of the people from her party impressed and left the sands and as more people had that same fortune, the sands grew a bit less crowded and she could relax.
((I think I've just doomed her to wait until the end of the hatching to bond))

Yorge:
Yorge felt out of place wearing white. But then, he did blend into the crowd not like some of the other candidates around. He looked at Riks who seemed to be wearing clothing more suited to a fancy dress party and Absin who clearly had insisted on wearing her armour. Well, whatever worked. If this were work, Yorge would be moving around doing reconaissance. But it was not so he sat himself down in the sands and watched, enjoying the heat as it radiated up.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

@Trix

[well, it was 'girl' in description, it wasn't said to her. I honestly keep forgetting to look at candidate ages because the final charts I'm referring to when writing the replies does not have ages or races. lol *shrugs* And Dainath is the name for Noemy's dragon. It was in the paragraph. :P]

Aratirith crooned, leaning toward the hand that had tapped his shoulder. I most certainly was, the hatchling sighed.

[Yes, that was a play on 'You may certainly try' from Critical Role and I am not ashamed given the theme of this clutch. ;) ]

The bright, whirling eyes of the hatchling that stared up at Sophy belonged to a garnet - borderline ruby - colored hatchling whos tail flicked the sand back and forth behind it, causing mounds to build up in a 'V'. Ainarath grinned up at her rider. You look great, the hatchling commented before the thoughts of food began to press in on her thoughts.
--
As the Hatching neared its end, Atarikath lowered her head and sighed, giving the little hatchling that had been hiding most of the hatchling behind her tail. Time to go... the brown-sized queen said. Dried off completely in the heat of the Hatching Caverns, the white hide still shimmered with a mix of colors but her wingsails, spread out as she moved into the now much emptier sands, were a glittering sapphire. Because the sands were so empty now, she was very quick to spot Tonia and without a second look at her convenient gold-dragon hiding spot, Larimath darted straight to Tonia, not even stopping until she had barreled into her rider with a delighted, relived yelp.
--
A shadow had detached it self from the wall and began to make their way to Yorge. Well, not exactly a shadow for it was clearly a hatchling who was so dark he could have very well been a shadow. It was hard to tell just what color the hatchling was so, for now, 'black' was the only thing being listed. Final genetic tests could clarify of course but given the chaos, the Geneticists in charge of watching that hatchling's egg had simply gone with that. As Yorge enjoyed the heat from the sands, Calibath peered over one shoulder - then the other, trying to figure out what this human that he was drawn to was so darn interested in...and why not him...

Alair WolfKeep
NekoNomi
Egg

Post by NekoNomi »

**Jessica Kayne**
"Well of course you are" Jessica grinned down at Arijath, "Everyone says hatching is hungry work". She crouched down and then reached out to help Arijath rearrange her wings so that they were sitting comfortably against her sides. "Do you think you can make it to the edge of the sands, or do you want me to carry you?" The woman asked.

I can make it Arijath said. Jessica nodded and got back to her feet, then began to lead the young dragoness back through the crowds to where the food was waiting for them.
**Ferisel**
It was so easy to get caught up in the excitement of the other candidates, their energy feeding into Ferisel's own natural enthusiasm for the event, her 'little talent' for knowing the emotions of others heightening the whole experience. So caught up was she, that Ferisel didn't notice the cream-and-copper hatchling that approached her. It was the tug at the edge of her robes, the sudden pull of weight on the hemline as the hatchling set herself against Ferisel's forward motion, that caused the young woman to pause.

"Hello there" Her voice was puzzled as she looked down at the hatchling. "You know you could have just asked me to stop, and I would have"
**Narimi**
Narimi didn't bother looking at the stands. She had specifically asked that her family not be told that she was standing. Narimi hadn't wanted to try and explain the interconnectedness of the many worlds, and Weyrwoman Zihuea had elected to keep that knowledge restricted to Dawn Watch as much as possible. Plus, while her parents were both dragonriders, they lived on a farm for a reason. Complicated questions on the nature of existence and reality really weren't their forte.

So it was just her today. Well, her and the twins, for Peony and Dahlia had refused to be left behind. It was the humming of the pink and black pair which had alerted her to the start of the hatching, deep within Isla's archives as she had been. As she'd changed, she'd brushed off as much of the dust on her as she could, for dust inevitably collected in the corners of such archives, but there was likely still some on her when she arrived at the sands.

Then came the waiting. And the watching of course, seeing the many eggs cracking and bonds being made, speculating about which hatchling was going to impress which person. But mostly it was waiting, the eternal feeling of hot sands and the sounds of other hopefuls around her, as familiar to her now as anything was.
Trix
Egg

Post by Trix »

Forgot to check :p

Yorge:
Yorge had felt something approaching, but he still startled when the black draconic head peered over his shoulder.
"What?" he asked.
"What are you looking at?" Calibath asked.
"You?" Yorge said hesitantly.
"That works." the dragon grinned his sharp little teeth into view.

Tonia:
Tonia had watched the little bright dart of a dragon rush toward her, but had been too late to do anything but brace for impact. Luckily, she was built from sturdy stock and she took the impact without falling. Larimath rubbed her nose against Tonia's legs and added:
"I was told to go so I came."
"Thank you. I'm about ready to head out." Tonia agreed, relieved to be able to get outside.

Sophy:
Picking up on her dragon's discomfort, Sophy immediately rushed of the sands with her new bond to get the need taken care of. She was all too aware what hunger did to little children and she did not want to risk a tantrum.
"I love your colour." Sophy complimented Ainarath, "It's my favourite."
"I like it too." Ainarath yawned before falling asleep.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

@Nomi
Talullth only grinned up at her rider before crooning affectionately and butting Ferisel's leg. We need to gooooooooo! the hatchling pleaded, thoughts of food taking over all other thoughts.
--
While humans paid more attention to the hatchlings and impressions, there was a quiet hum from the dragons that went all but unnoticed as a larger hatchling stepped from the remains of her shell. It was not until why the dragons did this until the hatchling walked up to Narimi and touched the girl's hand. I am Zenyth, Narimi, the sunrise hatchling said.
Above, the Isla dragons hummed - planned or not, the IGPC had paid a subtle tribute to sunset Zenith after all though for Narimi, the significance of her sunrise dragon having such a similar name probably did not matter.

@Trix
[I really don't need to reply but sorta replying to acknowledge I know you did. :P]

[If you still want in on the special thing about this clutch that I have not fully noted because it's a surprise, you have to RP at least one character. You have until the end of August. (Hint: its D&D related...)]

Alair WolfKeep
Trix
Egg

Post by Trix »

[[ okay, I'll try to keep an eye on the roleplay thread then. it's probably good practice to keep up on checking the forum more. I'll see what happens and then decide which of the candidates I'm sticking with. i like quite a few of them :D]]
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

[[Well, you and Nomi are in the drawing or whatever for the special thing...you don't have to pick...me and my helper picks. :P]]

Alair WolfKeep
Trix
Egg

Post by Trix »

[[okay, I'll try to keep an eye out]]
NekoNomi
Egg

Post by NekoNomi »

((Note for @Yakima: Could we remove the double L at the end of Ferisel’s dragon name? So she becomes Talulth instead? Because I feel like I’m going to be constantly misspelling it with only one L)

*Ferisel*

“Of course Talulth” Ferisel said to the dragon, her own stomach gurgling to response to the hatchling’s hunger. It was odd, to be so focused on a single set of feelings, Talulth’s hunger seeming almost to be buffering her from the intensity of the emotions elsewhere on the sands. With a gesture, she began to lead her new partner off the sands.

*Narimi*

Narimi of course knew nothing of the whispering among the dragons, or of the excitement of the people on the sands. She knew little of the event this hatching was meant as tribute to, and even less about the dragons which had hatched that yet. From the moment they had locked eyes, Zenyth was all that mattered to her, the little Sunrise becoming her entire world in an immediate and irrevocable manner.

“Of course you are” She responded to the dragons words, Zenyth’s identity slotting into place as though there had never been any question about it. In the moment of impression none of her previous trials matters, her once fretted over worries slipping away as night gives way to dawning. Zenyth was her perfection, her other half, waited and longed for, finally here.

A grumbling stomach interrupted them, breaking the pair free from the rapture of the moment of impression. “Let’s go get you fed” Narimi said with a laugh, collecting herself and her dragon and beginning the suddenly long seeming walk off the sands and over to where the food awaited them.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

[[@Nomi Done.]]

Alair WolfKeep