Meridian Weyr: All Hallow's Eve Gather

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Meridian Weyr: All Hallow's Eve Gather

Post by Starburst »

The First All Hallow's Eve Gather

No sooner had the first golden-yellow leaf fallen from its tree than Shamira appeared in the doorway to Rimaea's office.

"A Gather." Rimaea took up one of two mugs of spiced klah and handed it to the other woman. "For what occasion?"

"Rather an otherworldly one," Shamira replied, bringing the mug to her smiling lips to drink. "All Hallows' Eve."

Rimaea motioned for the two of them to sit in armchairs by her fireplace. After all, Shamira was a friend, not a stranger; this was hardly a business meeting, though she suspected it was about to become one.

"All Hallows' Eve," Rimaea repeated as the two of them sat. Aalimeth, still on the Sands with her hardening eggs, was notably absent. In her place, Shamira's green dragon Shiriteth lounged. Rimaea would hear it from Aalimeth later for letting another dragon use her couch, but that was a bridge she'd have to cross when she got to it.

"They celebrate it on Earth," Shamira explained. "It is said that the veil between the worlds - that of the living and that of the dead - is thinnest on that night. Those who celebrate All Hallows' - Halloween, some call it - don costumes in a sort of masquerade. Some believe the guises ward off wayward spirits. Others just do it for a bit of harmless fun."

Rimaea sipped her klah warily. "I hope you're not suggesting we get the dead involved."

A rare laugh burst from Shamira. "Hardly!" She put down her cup and stood. "Regardless of what you believe about the thinning of the veil, I admit I love the masquerade. And besides, we already have our costumes, you and I."

The greenrider's form rippled as if surrounded by radiant heat, and morphed smoothly; rather than the human woman who had entered, Rimaea now found herself faced with what she recognized as Shamira's true form. Half-woman, half-snake, her lower half was covered in acid-green scales, while her top half retained humanity. Looking into Shamira's eyes, though, revealed slitted pupils. Her incisors, too, had grown sharper. Rimaea thought she caught the sparkle of a drip of venom from one of them.

"Please don't bite my Weyrfolk," she said.

"I wouldn't dream of it," Shamira bespoke with a more sibilant, snakelike inflection. "They are mine to protect."

Rimaea smiled. She was surrounded by a similar energy to Shamira's as she shifted her own shape.

"I just adore that trick of yours," Shamira said, extending a hand to the Weyrwoman, now a caramel-coloured house cat. Rimaea leapt onto the naga's shoulder.

"It's been a long time," Rimaea admitted, thankfully still capable of speech in her feline form. "It'll make it easy to watch the festivities."

"So it's agreed, then," Shamira grinned. "An All Hallows' Eve Gather. Costumes... mandatory. And a prize for the best."

"That's hardly fair. Yours would win every time."

"I will be the judge." Shamira lifted her mug again to drink. "And this blend must make an appearance. You have a talent for brewing."

Rimaea leapt from Shamira's shoulder and shifted back into her human form. "I've been practicing. Iany has been cultivating gourds brought from offworld. It turns out that adding a little pumpkin makes everything better in the fall." She sipped her klah - pumpkin spice, naturally - and moved to her desk to write.

Shamira followed. "And the clutch," she grinned. "There will be room on the Sands, of course?"

A long silence.

"What clutch?"

The Clutch

Dam: orange Ponalaeth (Phoenix)
Sire: black Faloritoth (Zekiran)
Eggs: Lucky 13!
Deadline: October 30th

This special clutch will feature some special dragons! The images will have a special add-on to mark them as Halloween 2021 dragons, and Halloween colours will be common: think orange and black with some purple and white thrown in. Regular Pernese colours will also appear (OOC, if you'd rather have a traditionally-coloured dragon, that's fine - they'll still bear the Halloween clutch marker).

In-Character Notes:
  • Everyone must arrive in costume. Stories aren't required, but you do have to tell me what your character is wearing to the Gather!
  • You can send up to two candidates. You can post them on this thread or use Meridian Weyr's candidate form. All regular rules for Meridian Weyr apply! (Edit 10/02/2021: If you want to send more than two and let me pick and choose which two Impress, go ahead!)
  • Invitations have been distributed across the Nexus. That means anyone is free to attend - feel free to bring your other characters, too!
  • There will be a costume contest. Shamira herself is judging. Shapeshifting into a "costume" is allowed because she made the rules! (OOC, I haven't decided on a prize yet - it might just be an IC 'you get a trophy' thing - I don't want to deprive anyone of something cool.)
  • Special Firelizards are here! We don't know where they came from, but orange-and-black firelizards have been seen in growing numbers around the Weyr. You can take as many as you want for your All Hallows' candidates, but only for those candidates! It's a special event, after all! (Edit 10/02/2021: Bringing back the candy corn flits from decades past. Take as many of these guys as you want for whoever you want; it's a free-for-all!)
Image Image

Image Image Image

If you have questions, post 'em here or message me on Discord. This thread will be updated with any more information I forgot to include!
Last edited by Starburst on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Re: Meridian Weyr: All Hallow's Eve Gather

Post by Starburst »

Candidates for the All Hallow's Eve Gather:
  1. Chiara (Trix)
  2. Chris (Trix)
  3. Corey (Trix)
  4. Masque Sengihr (Shard)
  5. Secret Identity (Shard)
  6. Tarnished Cleaver Abraded (DragonFlight)
  7. Kalyna (Digitalis)
  8. Rhas (Digitalis)
  9. Lirjask Sundi Iskassan (Phoenix)
  10. Savr (Naeodin)
  11. Loriat (Neishai)
  12. Medarta (Neishai)
  13. Malinar (Ktrenal)
  14. Nthande (Bughnrahk)
  15. 'Pal' (Shard)
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry