Are we still around?

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Naeodin
Dragon

Are we still around?

Post by Naeodin »

I can't remember when I first started this.

I know, definitely now, it was "when I was younger". Quotation marks. I'm older now. and I know last minute, Iv'e checked in a couple of times. Randomly, and very irresponsibly. It's been ages now- I can safely say a decade at least. But I was feeling nostalgic, and I thought "does anyone still use this forum? Hell, does anyone still remember me?"

I googled nexus, dragons, my username, and this popped up fast enough that I tried my log in name and it worked.

So... brushing past memories- brushing past-- effing hell, YEARS, does anyone still check?
Does anyone still remember me?

Let me know please,

Because this place helped me survive middle school, high school, and I just want to know if its still possible to keep in touch.

I used to be (?) Naeodin, still am sometimes, was responsible for Istabitha's Weyr and Vella Crean and...god, it was over a decade ago??

But if anyone is still nostalgic,

Im here!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Re: Are we still around?

Post by Shard »

You better freaking believe we remember VC and the rest.

.... Hell, I just used Shy for a breeding project on Zekira.

.... LOL he's still got it hun.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Naeodin! I'm a bit young to remember Istabitha's, but I have several old Vella Crean dragons and a whole heaping lot from the gigantic last clutch, so of course I remember! I loved all the crazy things you did with Shy.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

OMG I can't still believe you guys are still around!!!!!!!!!!

It's super weird, I've been going through some old message and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic but!! What are you still up to now??
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

For my part I've been creating Zekirans as well as a dragonry version of my fanfic Repurposed - which I should be writing more of, but it's kinda hard to get back in the groove on that. (fanfic over on my DA account.) My rl has been pretty shit over the last bunch of years (and slightly documented in the Absences section) but hey I have a roof over my head and the internet. Can't be all bad.

And yes, I do still shuffle my dragons and I've been *trying* to get my website back up fully - I had to move the domain host, and in doing wanted to do a bit more of an overhaul, so that's been spotty at best for whether any given page is up properly. (so many pages. omg. so many old geocities links even on my own sites...)

Oh here, Shy, meet your ..... um... 'offspring' (and... they have kids too but only one is finished on a form I can upload). Ksaala Vahh keeps having kids with non-Zekirans. (I'm not fond of the font I used on this, the s isn't clear from an e >_< (( and no, I didn't draw that, it's one of Rinmaru's makers for their graphic novel thing.))
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

this is so amaazzzzzzzinnng!!!!!! do you have any direct links where i can i read more about Chaa'kih or their offsprings??
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Yes! Activity has actually picked up a bit in the last few months, and there have been a few clutches. Glad to see old faces coming by. :D
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Not yet. I'm going to be posting the entire Vahh lineage over on my world-of-zekira da account, eventually. It's supposed to be a thousand year long thing, so... right now there are nearly 200 characters on the main image. >_> only about a third or less are my own art so hahaha I have to keep track of which doll makers I've used and that's a project on its own. It's had a direct impact on the world history for Zekira though, because, well, Vahh is Gman from Half Life, and thus: there are aliens, genrehoppers, mages, and dragon riders from other dimensions *actually in canon Zekira*... Chaa'kih has two kids right now, Chaa'shii and Charr. Both of them are rather odd, Chaa'shii remains bonded to his 'mother' (and yes that's in quotes) as a bodyguard and genetic engineering assistant, and Charr is a 4-armed masseuse and psyche healer. Chaa'kih is a bit on the objectionable side, since Kallah Vahh would prefer other people not go so freely digging around in his business. (His secrets are his *own*, dammit, that's what Vahh means, "mystery"!) But I see hir as being more or less 'in the vein of Shy', because reasons. Plus, I mean, Chaa'kih's like Shy only with self-enabled genrehopping ability. Shhee can go *anywhere*, collect samples, stop for tea, and be home in time to watch hir shows...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I've been mostly sitting around waiting for my husband to finish his PhD =P Though I have been trying off and on to get worldbuilding done for my own work so I can reliably write in a single universe, but I seem to be about as flighty as I ever was as a kid, so that's only been happening off and on. Currently trying to get a job though *crosses fingers* Got three applications out at the moment, one of which I know has passed the first round of scrutiny.

My mom and I are slowly putting together stuff for an etsy shop which may or may not become a reality sometime in the near future =P My family is so terrible about deadlines its actually rather hilarious at times.

My dragoning stuff is still scattered to the four winds, with a lot of the older things still offline until I can manage to pull myself together enough to put them back online. But I keep putting that off because I haven't finished the code to enter/update dragons and stories and the like, and I keep putting THAT off for any of a handful of reasons/excuses. The current favorite is that I only have a small laptop screen to work with and I prefer to code with at least two screens to work with. =P Yeah.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

*bounces* I'm here! I'm here! Technically I have Istabitha dragons now since I saved the characters of Azala's (Well, unless you don't want me to save them. She basicly told me to do whatever I want with Dark Moon so I'm assuming that meant character's too.....) That reminds me, I need to figure Dark Moon's layout...*wanders off talking to sparklies*
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com