Ah'gohris Giveaway

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Re: Ah'gohris Giveaway

Post by StarFyre »

Lol, I know that feeling =P I'm trying to get more of this generator finished, but I keep getting distracted by thoughts of other projects. (Doesn't help that I'm currently in the middle of a cascade of tables that Just. Won't. END! The generator is built from an old gaming supplement called Central Casting - Heroes of Legend, so I doubt I'll be able to put it online, but it's still something that I really love to play with to create my own chars.)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

OMG.

Okay so I have the Heroes of Tomorrow and was seriously considering doing the same thing with that one. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I have all of them, because who wouldn't? =P The coding is coming out a bit complicated in this one, because I'm not using the old Seventh Sanctum array generator code. The book just seemed a bit too complex to do that way (I even looked at the code behind your Pernese candi generator, because that's the generator that I love the most of all push-button-get-chara generators, and decided that, while I could probably smoosh the data into that form, it would probably take me as long to do that way as to create a whole new collection of code.)

I'm very ambivalent on putting the result online though. On one hand the programmer in me cries at not showing the result to the world, and on the other, I'd rather not get in some sort of trouble, no matter how unlikely that is due to the age of the book.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, considering the company that published it has been out of business for a very long time, AND a digital version of the books are available in an unauthorized pdf format online... I'd say just... Credit it? I can't say anyone would ever come after you for it, given that the products go anywhere from 30 to 400$ on amazon/ebay, and are only available through private sellers since the company's gone under. It's not like you'd be publishing and selling it, either, as the pdf site has it available for a price to read, which... I'm pretty sure they don't hold any rights.

It IS a huge wad of charts though, holy crap. My Zekiran character generator would be more akin to how I'd have to make one using that old code, which was why I decided against it - that and tooooooooo much typing. I still enjoy making characters with them though!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

It is officially out of business? I knew about the pdf site stuff, because it took me FOREVER to find more than a bloody mention of this book anywhere when I was actively trying to find it, but I never looked up exactly what happened to the company. Well, if that's true then I'll put it up when I'm done with proper credits.

The only really good thing about doing this is that I think I can pretty easily adapt the code I'm writing for Heroes of Legend to work for Heroes for Tomorrow and Heroes Now. Then instead of taking about an hour to roll a char up, I can push a button. Because I love buttons.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

StarFyre here is your second beb!

And Shard. :33333
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeeeee :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Eeeeee *cuddles both of hers* I loves them. <3<3
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Thanks, friends. :3 You guys always make me feel good about my art.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hmm, could you generate some names for my two? I keep drawing blanks ^^;;
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Sure. :)

(1) Ehk'vehs'semn'lep
(2) Koh'ven'ghem'nok
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Awesome <3
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Here we go! They joined up with Cetirnen. http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/lig ... emnok.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/lig ... mnlep.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

That was quick! Thanks, StarFyre!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage