Checking In

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

aireona93
Dragon

Checking In

Post by aireona93 »

Hey all!

My little lovebird Beedea died yesterday (you may remember her inspiring some of my dragons!), and I have been pretty broken up about it. I actually ended up joining a pet loss forum in search of some understanding and a place to share my thoughts about my feelings and my lost friend.

It was nice to be a part of an accepting internet community again, and it made me think of you guys! I miss our community! This is one bright and sunny corner of the internet!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Re: Checking In

Post by Shard »

I know, I saw your posts. :( It always sucks so much to lose a pet, I'm glad there are places that deal specifically with that issue too.

While our cats are now in another house, the two boys that had been sleeping with me the last year and a half "had to go" because the house owner has this idiotic psychosomatic 'allergy' (he is not now, nor has he ever been, allergic to cats. He just happens to have had them arrive in the house at the same time his 'deal' with some Chinese company was never going to get finalized, and he was 'out' 250k$ - he blamed the cats, rather than his stress...) and demanded they go. Not having them here has really hit me hard, and I know Nick too since he's the one who rescued them and will basically be leaving the house to live in a mobile trailer with the cats. Instead of living in a house without cats, he'd rather live in a car. That kinda says it all. :)

But your birdie was obviously a big part in your life. I loved seeing pictures of her too, and honestly your work showed the love you had for her. It'll take time to grow past the loss, but there are also other pets that will benefit from your experience and your love someday too.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Thanks, Shard. It does help to share the experience with other people, because I feel like all animal lovers can relate. Most of them just don't live as long as we would like. But as I learned from an exotic bird rescue I checked out, maybe that is a good thing. Longer lived birds get re-homed an average of 29 times! Beedea was very aggressive for many years, but I never would have abandoned her. She was my little girl even if she didn't want me anywhere near her. I think animals should have the right to respectfully decline our cuddles if it makes them uncomfortable, so it never made me angry at her. And I guess in her final year she rewarded me for my patience and love. :)
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Also, I am thinking about doing a little Beeedea-inspired dragon giveaway in her honor. More on that soon, I hope! I am working on developing a design now.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

<3 Airy dragons.

I'm sorry to hear that your bird died... bleh. c_c;; Sorry, I fail at condolences, even if I do understand that sinking empty feeling they leave behind (I lost two cats in quick succession in my first semester of college - Scamper, at 4, died from urinary tract complications, and Teddy, who was probably in his mid to late teens at that point died a few months later, curled up in one of Scamp's spots. He was completely fine and healthy before Scamp died.) It sucks. I just always feel that anything I say comes out empty - it doesn't really get better (I'm blinking back tears right now because I thought about my old cats), it just gets less sharp. You eventually find another one to love, and try not to compare them too much because that hurts even years later. But I can't imagine living without animals around, they just make everything seem so much brighter.