Totally didn't mean to disappear, but did.

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Nonanut
Egg

Totally didn't mean to disappear, but did.

Post by Nonanut »

HI EVERYONE FUZZY IS BACK

So basically, O.O I haven't been around in years. A lot happened. Here's the long story as short as I can pare it:

The ugly

Long story short with a few of you (ex: Shard, Xenoqueen, Dray) as my witness, I got out of high school, into college and dropped off the map sometime around there. I was struggling in an abusive living/home situation post-amnesia, graduated college with a 3.99 (should've been a 4.0 but a teacher died & principal wouldn't fix it even w/ medical documentation for a 2-year long illness I had that kept me sick 18 hours a day), got a job which turned out to be abusive but held onto it, moved out in 2009 with a very generous roommate who pooled her resources with the $2k I had saved (my paychecks were being stolen as well), managed to commute for two years before the town I worked in sent me a written letter politely saying leave the city rather than ask for help on resources to draw from, transferred into working in the ghetto uptown in the state I'd moved into (NH), and then maintained an ever-more-abusive environment between customers and management in a horribly-run company. I managed like that until two years ago, after a physical harassment case on the job by a very unprofessional guy, corporate nearly fired me but one of my other store managers stuck his neck out and kept me hired albeit at 10 hrs/weekly until I resigned formally last year in favor of working at trying to make my life better with my fiance, who also worked/still works at that company and was promoted because my presence held him back (and one whole store I'd worked at rebelled thanks to one coworker finding out we were together on FB and making private life interfere with work life. It effectively dead-ended my career there as I'd been eyed for management after running all three departments in the store.) The career center in town said they were giving up and refusing to work on me because I'm "not quite management but too independent to ever effectively be a gear in a greater system".. haha. So that was nice.

The good!

In the times since you saw me last, I graduated from college, I've maintained steady employment over the last 6 years, my memories all returned (except one or two things of trivial matter here and there, such as why pearly blue-gold colors remind me of childhood toys I used to have but what -were- those toys), I'm living in the state of my choice working with animals at my new job (which is currently on ice :shock: but hanging in there and staying positive), I'm now a reverend and minister running my own congregation online and for 3 years had been doing so across two states in New England, I know my purpose in life (since it hit me at 25), just not how to get there yet- to run a temple and healing center for GLBTQ teens and youth with focus on natural and holistic healing methods along with animal husbandry care teaching and gardening/herbal skills, as well as that I could teach from there. The issue is, of course, the funds to do so. Also, two months ago yesterday I had chest surgery FINALLY after a very long, hard, agonizing 22 years. That surgery changed my life for the better and I've never felt better and just so peaceful with myself. It's amazing. The month prior to it was hell, struggling with medical withdrawal and having apparently been on the wrong dose my doctor had suggested being too powerful for me and effectively making me seem manic to everyone ^^; But it was worth it. And I am also now a Justice of the Peace and trying to start up my arts and crafts at kitsunevisions.com , though since I ran myself ragged running 5 jobs for a year last year, I've cut back and that's more on hold again while I recover and focus on physical recovery and getting money flowing back in again since I spent it all on surgery and have a huge bill looming. :shock:

Overall, life is amazing, I'm not a dysfunctional wreck anymore, I've made profound changes and had quite a lot of godssmacks, and I'm really grateful for those of you who hung around also. I'm a much healthier/peaceful, overall happier person :3

Why my stuff went missing- repeatedly

Geocities. Geocities was small and we kept running out of space. So we made multiple accounts and linked. They didn't like it so they changed policy. Then they eventually went boom.

Where my stuff is NOW

I honestly thought it was still online someplace but Shard pointed out it wasn't, so I reuploaded. :)

All my bonds are here:

http://kitsunevisions.com/nonanut/bonding/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is my dragonry I had going:

http://kitsunevisions.com/nonanut/dragonry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm owner of Tattoo Dragons, CyZen dragons, E'kanaath, Mardusionian dragons, etc.

I would actually rather keep making my dragons on ACEO cards. We had had something going and I've got a few in sleeves from Dray and from Mud still.

I honestly objectively don't "have the time" to do full pics like I used to in digital, pluuus... my scanner is weird (sometimes scanning blue or yellow and lately I can't get the perpetual grey out of my linework which makes digital coloring nigh impossible), and my tablet is pretty faulty. (Third one, to boot- any time I unplug it it has to be reinstalled, drivers, etc... and the pressure sensitivity doesn't work 9/10 times.) I mean sometimes I might? But I'm balancing working a full time job (as long as I can keep it) with trying to sell my arts/crafts to bring funds in to pay the bills, with trying to set up my JoP stuff and other oddball stuff like finding antiques and restoring/flipping them when able. (I've learned to be realistic-optimistic-opportunistic).

I am STILL (since 1998) working on Rubara. It's almost finished in Quark XPress 6.5 so I can convert it to a pdf. That's my first love/passion/escape into dragons in high school, when my art teacher shattered my dragon sculptures and said I "did too much dragons". So I'm wicked psyched that's almost finished. :) I've also been working on several other worlds, two of which seem to be completed right now (Athos and Kashbrinaari). Eventually I'll be getting a second domain name, nonanut.com back (which for a while -was- where my stuff was after geocities now that I remember, but bluecapacity.com was a 1-man show who sold out to go-daddy and they sold my info to a third party without my consent and refused to give me my owed service money back when I cancelled my services to bluecapacity and they had still been billing me- total snafu).

I've especially been cracking down hard on Mardusion world revamp. For those of you who may recall, Sagawolf had a world with her ex WaveDancer in the early 00s. Chyniaa. He gave it to her; she played with it a bit then it died circa 2003. She gave me it to revamp so she could revive it later on, and I spent two years editing and fleshing it out. She didn't like it and abandoned both it and the one her ex had given her which she'd given me. To hear that rejection was soul-crushing. From that point on I was determined not to waste all that spent time, so I completely and utterly made a new world, Mardusion, with only two or three influences from it (since she'd already given the whole thing to me anyways). Those who were hardcore Chyniaa fans would only recognize it by the sky/color shift weather pattern. Anyhow with that one, it's nearing the point where it is ready for being laid out with Adobe InDesign 6 - but I don't know that program yet. Goes to show how worthwhile my college degree was, as it was four years outdated when I graduated and the whole world stopped using Quark (which had been in the top three programs used globally for page layout!). Mardusion is an -incredible- game, full of plot, story, anthros, and dragons included. Rubara is where the majority of the dragons are, though. x3 In Mardusion is where the OAC dragonry is.

For all my worlds, a dice system has steadily been worked on and playtested and thus far it seems to be stable. I still need actual playtesters since my original playtest group disbanded (it was a momentary pulling of assorted folks who knew folks).

I'M BACK!!!! WOOT
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Re: Totally didn't mean to disappear, but did.

Post by StarFyre »

Welcome back, Fuzzy! It's good to see that things are slowly starting to look up for you. I know I never interacted with you much before, but it's still good to see someone return like you have.

<3 Here's hoping everything keeps getting better.

Though, I'm still not really capable of doing ACEO cards. Different reason from before, as I'm certainly no longer a teenager without funds >.>;;, I just don't do physical art anymore, except sketches that I scan in and color digitally. The only physical bits of art I do anymore are bear making, beading, and miniature painting, so I just wouldn't be able to create anything quality enough that I'd be pleased with mailing to people. Ah well.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

<3 I noticed you'd signed up again! :D

Welcome home, hun. It's been such a roller coaster, but here we are, and you know you can count on us for whatever emotional support we can give.

And dragons. We have those too.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Nonanut
Egg

Post by Nonanut »

@Starfyre: Thank you so much! <3 I've gone through 3 tablets and two scanners, so I'm on the other end of your issues. LOL. W/ me doing ACEO/ATC art it'd be physically sending the card optional; it's just that my scanner -hates- plain linearts >.< I'm still struggling with it.

@Shard: Yes. Dragons. OxO Can't get away from them! :) [hugs] It's great being back ^^
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Ouch, that many tablets and scanners? I guess I've been lucky with my equipment - I have no idea how old the scanner my husband and I have, but I think it might be over a decade? Then again, it was a pretty high quality scanner back when it was originally bought and we've treated it fairly kindly since we acquired it from.... somewhere.
iprince
Egg

Post by iprince »

Fuzzy! I remember you! But not from here. We were in a couple cyberpet market places together.

I have a bunch of these guys from you:
Nonanut
Egg

Post by Nonanut »

YES! :D Those were my Yibbatith! I still have their folder drifting around somewhere.

Starfyre- yeah, 3 tablets and a couple scanners. x/ Technology doesn't like me.