Play by Post RPG Engine in the works

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Dray
Dracolich

Play by Post RPG Engine in the works

Post by Dray »

My friend and former classmate is currently working on this neat, customized play-by-post engine that she's taking suggestions for. The idea here is that she's been an admin at a few different RPG's in the past, and has found that sites like proboards and other forums are woefully unprepared to deal with the variety of needs that roleplayers have. For example, some genres and games require timelines, while others (like ours!) might benefit from automatic image generation (different colours of Pernese dragons and their offspring!)

I know that we aren't specifically an RP forum, but if you are interested -- or involved in another RP right now and are curious if this engine could benefit your group, here's the link to what my friend's working on:

http://blackshuck.com/

Voting is ridiculously easy. I was wondering if there was anything we could suggest to make things like those live RP nights, or interactive hatchings, or anything like that, more easily accessible. Heckit, just having a timeline for the Nexus (Nexus Standard Time X3) would be really helpful to all of us who make groups and kind of want to keep our stories together!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Re: Play by Post RPG Engine in the works

Post by Shard »

Hm, interesting!

Wonder if my Dragonmasters of Zekira might be functional under a system like that. Like I have time to even dedicate to it right now... >_>
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com