Red And Green Hatching!! Come get em! (last post)

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Yulara
Fledgling

Red And Green Hatching!! Come get em! (last post)

Post by Yulara »

I was just wondering if anyone out there was planning on doing a flurry/frenzy this holiday season. That way I can set aside a bit of time for writing up candidates if necessary.

** edited by Shard: I'm commandeering the title now. bwah hahah!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Flurries/Frenzies This Year? - Yes! Sign up!

Post by Shard »

Well, I'll be up for doing the Winter Gather as usual if there's still interest, but dang if I didn't just have a stupid thought of a "red and green" frenzy? :)

EDITED - signups!

Let's put them here, so I don't have to go looking and you don't have to go looking.

*** MUST have either red or green (or both) as the DOMINANT color, may have others
*** Max of 4 - two of each gender or whatever mix, preferably 2 and 2
*** Less weird features preferred but I can work with horns, spikes, 1 set of extra wings, etc
*** If possible, fewer offspring from prior mating but that's not essential
*** Taking submissions until sometime in December, probably to fly/hatch well before the Winter Gather

I will probably draw up a basic dragon and add doodads as needed for this. It will take place at the Healing Den's "Winter" phase (that is to say, the parking lot with snow on it) thus anyone that can make it there will be welcome. Teleports and magical dimension gates available of course.

You:
Do you want offspring from your dragons:
How many do you think you're going to sign up for (yours or otherwise):
Do you want sponsor/riders made up for you:

*duplicate as needed, remember 2 male, 2 female max* (or if you have 3 and 1, fine)
Dragon page or image link:
Dragon Name:
Origin (if known, such as Pernese or Alskyran, etc):
Size:
Abilities:
Restrictions (such as mating preferences, naming, number of offspring, etc):
Rider or Sponsor if any:
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Re: Flurries/Frenzies This Year?

Post by Yulara »

LOL. That's good enough for me! *gets out candidate making tools and notepads* :D
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Post by weyrwomanrhiannon »

Well, you know. I do have a red dragon, one Raindith by name. LOL
Rider of Gold Alanath, Sr. Weyrwoman of Aneris Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah and I started looking through my files and found a couple red AND greenies... lordy.

OKAY so ... holiday quick-frenzy maybe? Red and Green (maybe with some white and gold mixed in?) should I limit it to like 2 participants or wait and see what we get?

And, should I draw up something new for the results? GAH. LOL!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Post by Yulara »

LOL. Oh dear! I say just wait and see for now. If it starts getting crazy, then you may want to put a limit on it. I myself have a lovely red-gold and a snowy green lady. They're both from a Ryslen flurry many ages ago. I've been looking for a place for them to go, so maybe they can get involved. :) As far as images go, up to you. Whatever's easiest and works best is what I say!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Yo, I'm willing to do art and coloring if I don't have to write much =P

Also, what type of dragons would you want in? *paws through collection* Of things I have currently uploaded, I've got a red old-old Vellacrean ( http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/cla ... rroth.html ) and his blue/white and grey/yellow brothers. Hmmm... I've also got some red new Vellacreans (Light/Blood/Dark), and some green new Vellacreans (Dark/Blood/DNS-drawn-Light), oooh, a green Bonder Daemon... a green Glen Dragon! ... hey look, a Garlander! a ruby Lian Mini (and a Diamond, now that I think about it)... a green Danachian... a green old worldxSaaShiyovi mix... ... among others. That's not even counting the ones that aren't currently uploaded.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I dunno yet, hmm....

For the sake of my sanity, let's go with:

** 2 of each gender maximum
** Must have either red or green dominating their color scheme (no "there's a red dot on a blue dragon")
** Less frills please, let's save those for the Winter Gather

What are the thoughts of "only if they have never participated in a mating frenzy/flight before"? Maybe introduce some that haven't been used, though equally possible is that they may be the only ones available in those colors and thus may already have done flights over the years. Dunno on that one, how about "no flights preferred".

Thoughts?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Post by Yulara »

That limit certainly works for me as I don't have many that would fit in, especially males. I don't think I have any...As far as the haven't participated in a frenzy before condition, that doesn't really bother me as I know for a fact mine haven't. My only concern would be for anyone like me that may not keep the best records of whether their dragon was in a flight. Right now I only make notes on mine if they won the flight, and that's something I've recently started. So, anything that happened more than a few months ago, I have no record of at all. But, maybe I'm the only one with that kind of issue. :)

Also, not to sound completely unintelligent, but since I wasn't around this time last year, I'll go ahead. What kind of event is the Winter Gather? I'm also not entirely sure what you mean by frills. The two females that I have in mind are this one http://www.angelfire.com/al3/weyr/image ... verth3.gif and this one http://www.angelfire.com/al3/weyr/images/yetinanra3.gif. I'm also not sure if it would matter that their riders are...harpies.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

They'd both definitely qualify. I don't have any care in the world for what or who their riders wind up being, that's always half the fun of frenzies. :D

What I more mean is "plain old dragons" rather than the "eight-winged glow-bobbing two different kinds of wing-sail three headed complex" dragons that I know a good number of us have. (I have... like... at least one of those lol.) I don't mind one pair of extra wings (in fact one of the ones I first considered sending HAS two different kinds of wings ... and crazy enough the pair on the page are red/gold and green/white - but they're multiple-winged/frillyweird and *xeno-whorling*, and I'm just not sure I want to spice up the holidays with them just now...).

The Winter Gather, however, is a much larger event. It's a secret-santa style thing, but we all contribute a bunch of dragons and someone (usually me, but it's been others since I had not been online) collects them, their info, and then passes them all out. It's not a Christmas thing: it's a WINTER thing so sometimes it doesn't get put out until January or February, and sometimes... kinda later. >_>

I'm not really sure what the participation level will wind up being this year, since we seem to have lost a few of the old standbys, but I might put out a Facebook announcement for it and catch a couple of our strays for the event.

I'd suggest doing a search in the forums for the Winter Gather threads, there's at least one of them around from last year.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Post by Yulara »

*dies laughing at Shard's description of frills* Yeah...I actually don't have a dragon like that. No xeno-whorling dragons from me. So, no worries. Winter Gather sounds fun though I don't have any dragons to contribute as my idea from this summer has stalled since Xalia has disappeared. *shrug* But, it'll be fun to watch if nothing else.
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

You mean you don't want my green gold red black rainbow green Raug dragon? LOL
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

LOL! I have my own, thanks! :D

>_> and technically I also have the right to use the Raug outlines... lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hmm... *rubs chin* would you prefer purebred beasties sent or mutts? I'm trying to decide how to whittle down the options to send...

Hahahaha... I could send you Myrsilk. Lol.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

LOL I might wind up with any number of things, I don't mind mutts as long as they're kind of on the tamer side of weird.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Awwwww so no Sseichanalonth then. How about black red fire-marked Veridain. XD She's a Sanrix Azon dragon. You definitely get Raindith though and my sea green Jerylith. :)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Cool, as long as red/green are dominant, I'm good. Azonese are fun. Fierce. hehe.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

It finally snowed here, and that's usually my cue for getting the Flurry going... though the first year, Quachir and I were choosing pairs on Halloween night... sometimes I miss those old days.

Probably not running one this year, what with the last one (two...?) yet unhatched... blah.

I'm not sure who I can find fast enough to send, other than my red watchdragon. (Ryslen standard. Big paws, pointy crest.) He has kids somewhere though.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

it's perfectly okay, really! :)

Don't I still have characters waiting from the one time-travel based Flurry theme? hehehe.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

This is Veridain. I'm not sure if she's red enough. LOL
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh, that's MORE than red enough.

And awesome to boot.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Just wanted to toss a note that if you set up a winter gather thread, I'll get at least one image drawn, this year. Thanks for the reminder on facebook!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yey! :)

Yeah I foresee a smallish Gather, but hey I'll have my contribution which I intended to go into 2010's done this year... >_>
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Oh good. Then I'll be sure to submit her as well. :) Too bad I only have the one male though.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Maaa, shouldn't you make a submission thread, Shard? Or should we submit 'em here?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Let's put them here, so I don't have to go looking and you don't have to go looking.

*** MUST have either red or green (or both) as the DOMINANT color, may have others
*** Max of 4 - two of each gender or whatever mix, preferably 2 and 2
*** Less weird features preferred but I can work with horns, spikes, 1 set of extra wings, etc
*** If possible, fewer offspring from prior mating but that's not essential

I will probably draw up a basic dragon and add doodads as needed for this. It will take place at the Healing Den's "Winter" phase (that is to say, the parking lot with snow on it) thus anyone that can make it there will be welcome. Teleports and magical dimension gates available of course.

You:
Do you want offspring from your dragons:
How many do you think you're going to sign up for (yours or otherwise):
Do you want sponsor/riders made up for you:

*duplicate as needed, remember 2 male, 2 female max* (or if you have 3 and 1, fine)
Dragon page or image link:
Dragon Name:
Origin (if known, such as Pernese or Alskyran, etc):
Size:
Abilities:
Restrictions (such as mating preferences, naming, number of offspring, etc):
Rider or Sponsor if any:
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Post by Yulara »

Quick question. How long will you be taking submissions, and can we change the number of dragons we sign up for if we find that we have extra candidates floating around? Just wondering because I don't want to sign up for five and only be able to scrape three together or realize that I could have done ten. I'm getting ready to go on vacation for Thanksgiving, so if my submission can wait a week or so, then I'll probably have a better idea as far as how many dragons I'll want to sign up for. Or, if the riders don't have to be finished right away, then I'll be able to sign up for more.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I stickied this thread so it'll get a little bit of attention.

You: Shard
Do you want offspring from your dragons: yes!
How many do you think you're going to sign up for (yours or otherwise): however many!
Do you want sponsor/riders made up for you: I'll be making them up

Dragon page or image link: http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... ngreen.htm
Dragon Name: Unnep
Origin (if known, such as Pernese or Alskyran, etc): Cy mutt/unique
Size: 55' long
Abilities: Flight, Telepathy, Warmth, Fire Production
Restrictions (such as mating preferences, naming, number of offspring, etc): none
Rider or Sponsor if any: unbonded/no sponsor

Dragon Name: Syerain
Origin (if known, such as Pernese or Alskyran, etc): Azonese Ryslen/Denner hybrid
Size: 35' long + tail
Abilities: Flight, Telepathy, Acid Spit, Acid Tail, Attitude
Restrictions (such as mating preferences, naming, number of offspring, etc): none, but he's a bit of an asshole
Rider or Sponsor if any: Tag of the Mall Crawlers

Dragon Name: Ananth
Origin (if known, such as Pernese or Alskyran, etc): Pernese Mutt/Shintaru Old World
Size: 27' long, green sized
Abilities: Telepathy, assisted firebreath, Speed
Restrictions (such as mating preferences, naming, number of offspring, etc): *offspring must bond
Rider or Sponsor if any: Ketzia (female)

Dragon Name: Siere
Origin (if known, such as Pernese or Alskyran, etc): Myrsilkain mutt
Size: ~33' nose to tail
Abilities: Wingless Flight (though she has wings), Fire Breath, Verbal Speech, Telepathy - also Markings, Myrsilk abilities of Fire (7), Metal (6) and Light (4), also, bobblies of glowing.
Restrictions (such as mating preferences, naming, number of offspring, etc): none
Rider or Sponsor if any: Siere, Zekiran dragon master sponsor (female)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

@ yulara: don't worry about the numbers for now, I'll likely just make lots more than needed and probably slap a few of them into the Winter Gather if we run with extras.

Added an approximate date, probably the middle of December, so don't worry about figuring out things while you've got other needs in real life.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Post by Yulara »

Thanks, Shard! I'll go ahead and post my form then.

You: Yulara
Do you want offspring from your dragons: Sure!
How many do you think you're going to sign up for (yours or otherwise): However many I can get together! I'm going to be ambitious and say around ten!
Do you want sponsor/riders made up for you: I'll create my own.

Dragon page or image link: http://www.angelfire.com/al3/weyr/image ... verth3.gif
Dragon Name: Yerpiverth
Origin (if known, such as Pernese or Alskyran, etc): Ryslen
Size: Pernese Green-Sized LOL
Abilities: Flight, Telepathy, Assisted Firebreath
Restrictions (such as mating preferences, naming, number of offspring, etc): None
Rider or Sponsor if any: Iyore

Dragon page or image link: http://www.angelfire.com/al3/weyr/images/yetinanra3.gif
Dragon Name: Yetinanra
Origin (if known, such as Pernese or Alskyran, etc): Ryslen
Size: Pernese Gold-Sized
Abilities: Flight, Telepathy, Assisted Firebreath
Restrictions (such as mating preferences, naming, number of offspring, etc): None
Rider or Sponsor if any: Iyamah

Sorry, I don't have any males to enter.