Heads up!

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Neishai
Dragon

Heads up!

Post by Neishai »

In case anyone was wondering about my absence, I have been moving! And taking accelerated summer classes. Busy last couple of months, I'll tell you! I did try to make it in and at least read posts for a while, post when possible, but it's just been so crazy. So my apologies for not keeping everyone in the know. Moving from a piece-of-crap two-bedroom apartment (all right it wasn't too bad but the neighbors were horrible!) to a three bedroom house (old, old... we're guessing 1920s-30s, and beautiful...but lots of TLC needed) will sap the time right out of the day (and the money out of the pocket book). Also makes homeworking most difficult, lol. My classes end later this week and after that I have a month-and-a-half to baby this house, baby my dog, cook lots (I have discovered cooking as a way to not murder people), and get back into the Nexus!

One thing that has come of my lack of creative outlets has been a plethora of story ideas! I don't know that anyone reads character and candidate stories anymore, particularly ones that happen after one has bonded, but that's what they are. Or rather, will be. Old characters are coming back to life and interacting with the newer generation. I'm very excited about this.
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Yulara
Fledgling

Re: Heads up!

Post by Yulara »

Ah, moving is always hectic even if you've done it a million times, and bad neighbors can really ruin a place. Sorry to hear you had to deal with some.

As far as stories go, I always read candidate stories when I was running my weyr, and I plan to read them once Veyalder is up and running. It's part of the fun for me. If some part of the story was added on later, I'd go back and read it as well if the person let me know it was there. I have plans to do something similar for a group of my characters as well. All of their stories are intertwined, and right now they lack closure. So, I'm planning to write a bit for each one of them that wraps up the storyline a bit.
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Post by weyrwomanrhiannon »

Moving is both tiring and exciting. I always loved figuring out where everything was going to go and settling in. I hope you get everything settled quickly.

I read all of the candidate stories that are sent to Aneris, and I like to look for tidbits when dragons go up on pages. :)
Rider of Gold Alanath, Sr. Weyrwoman of Aneris Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Wow awesome! It's good you're back on track.

I'd love to see pix of this house of yours :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Well I have an update, not good news as far as my activity goes.

Anyone hear of the Taylor Bridge fire? I kinda live downwind of that, about 4 miles away, in town. It was worrisome for a while, especially for my asthma, and close relatives whose home was almost evacuated. Wasn't though, thankfully.

My dog has late stages congestive heart failure and he's been especially touch and go the past few weeks. Okay the last two years it's been nerve-wracking because he's always by my side and we've been through hell together. And we're very diligent about his medicine schedule, but I'm always wondering if he'll still be with me in the morning. He started on his last set of meds this weekend, it's that "last stand" kind of drug. He's stable now, but, you know...

Tonight my Grampa was admitted to the hospital for the same condition. He is not so diligent with his medication and last I heard from the doctor is he will be needing a pacemaker. He is a little old for a good prognosis, but he's been a pillar in my life so it's hard to wave it off as the unfortunate age-related problem. Especially since his home somehow eluded damage from a rather nasty wildfire.

I have not been sleeping well lately, and I'm a little beside myself as you can imagine. But since the news was so wonderful just a short time ago, and since them I have been remarkably silent, I thought i should say something. And I'm looking for random things to do as they pop in my head to do.

Pictures sounds like a good distraction. I'll have to wait until morning when there's more light. Yes...

Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh my :(

Freakin nutcases running the karma wheel, huh?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Post by Yulara »

Yikes! That's a lot to deal with all at once. Hopefully, things will settle down for you soon! :)
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Thanks guys. I am really sorry if it seemed overly dramatic couple of posts (and disappearing), but I really could not have posted any sooner and I certainly couldn't think of a great way to say it. For one thing, from day to day there was no way to accurately say how things were going. Everyone was running around constantly, worried, sick, or worried sick. And the situation has been constantly changing, sometimes positive, sometimes negative. But I have a much more positive update today! I think things are settling down... but whenever we start to think that, something else gets thrown at us. So I will conservatively say that the health of my grandfather and my dog still a bit of a roller coaster but it seems that the drama is leveling out a little.

I've gotten some freetime, so I took a picture of the interior of the house, of its most prominent feature, the entryway arch. The house is full of boxes and a mishmash of uninteresting stuff unless you're the one moving in from an apartment, but I thought I'd show that arch off. Also visible from that picture is our "talking" hardwood floor. It's really showing its years but I think it's beautiful.

And as you can see, my puff-dog is feeling pretty good today. He had a rough night and has been sleeping a lot today, but when he's out he busies himself investigating and goofing around.
DSC00590-sm.jpg
I love how all the rooms have colored walls. I never get over this because I'm used to boring, depressing white. I think everyone here understands the great value of color. If you ever get a chance to paint even one wall it will drastically change the mood of a room so take advantage of it if you can.

You can just barely see the kitchen as well, which has an island and tile everywhere (floors and counters both). The floor is cracked horribly from a settling foundation (and probably partly from a couple of earthquakes several years back, I'm guessing). The property manager explained that if he had been in charge of putting in the floor he never would have used tile...

Speaking of tile, when we first moved in, I was taking pictures of all the damages caused by age, weather, previous tenants, etc. to prove that we did not cause it. Sad to have to do that... Anyway, I was working on the tile, and the puff-dog kept getting in the shot. Since he so obviously wanted to help, I took a picture just of him.
DSC00529-mussHelps-sm.jpg
One thing I would love to be able to share is the garden. We're waiting on a push-mower in the mail because our yard is pretty small. Because things have been so hectic, the weed garden that is our yard has not been tamed in the slightest, so there's really nothing to share. I hope that next spring we'll have something to be proud of that I can share. This yard has a lot of potential. If we can get somewhere with it before we have to winterize it, it's going to be great.

There are just so many possibilities in our new place, not just the house but in general, that as bad as things have been recently, there is enough to look forward to that we just keep pushing on with new goals in mind. I have never had so many tangible goals before in my life.

Speaking of goals, I have time to work on Nexus stuff today, so I'm going to try to decide what to work on next and get started! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It looks lovely!! I too grew up with nothing but plain old white walls - walls which I compulsively cover with art, if I can. >_> kinda like my tattoos covering my plain old white skin lol.

*hugs* I'm glad things are getting a little bit more stable - this weekend was a rollercoaster of emotions for me though THANKFULLY not anything "to do with me". All games and online things.

... That dog is... slightly scary. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com